View Poll Results: women in the military, even if it costs lives?
Yes, women in the military. 22 55.00%
Yes, but only non combat, even if it costs live of combat personel. 10 25.00%
No, no women in the military. 5 12.50%
Bananas, many, many bananas. Have you ever seen a banana spider? Huge man, chew your toe off. Your little toe, sure, but still, you want it right? My point is, big spider. Not like we have here. Here, we step on them and worry not for our little toe. In a banana plantation you gotta think ahead. 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31, 2003, 23:12   #61
Lincoln
King

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I left the military before it became politically correct. We had an occasional ensign "notool" around for laughs but that was about it. About the time I left things were getting more touchy-feely but we weren't as high tech then either. Our SINS (submarine inertial navigation system) for example was just an irrelevant bug that we used to enjoy watching it going into the rocks. That always irritated my officer friend when I would let it wander off the chart. He would come up to me and say; "WHERE ARE WE??!!". I would say something like; Well we all know that this silly thing doesn't work so why pretend that it does? That always got his attention but he had a hard time catching his breath before he could come back at me some ridiculous order. Anyway, I suppose there is a place for women in the military now. Maybe in the galley or something...
Old March 31, 2003, 23:12   #62
Tuberski

Local Time: 17:52
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Horsie, you know you gave us all an opening there so wide you could push the entire US V Corps through it?
You know, If I was sexist, which admittedly,my mind is sometimes, I could give a whole new meaning to the V Corps.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 31, 2003, 23:22   #63
LTEC!
Goddess

Local Time: 15:52
I wouldn't go. But thats a personal desicion. I'm not good at taking orders or following on them.

Then there would be a number of matters to be taken in account that happen to women that are not in the military but in work enviroments normally associated with men only.
not in any order but it happens you know...
-getting looked down upon
-getting looked up and down and up and down upon.
-getting overlooked. period.
-not getting a second look. workwise.
-not getting the good job if your not the looker type.
-but shame on you if you're the looker type. because what the hell is someone like you doing in a place like this?
-and so on.

so i would be worried if i was in a combat position and the guy that would be supposedly covering my ass is too busy looking at it.
Old March 31, 2003, 23:25   #64
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I hope Mrs Horse is never unleashed on the battlefield - a Woman of Mass Destruction

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old March 31, 2003, 23:29   #65
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 01:52
LTEC!, I agree. In combat, I'd say many men would not be comfortable with a looker, because they would think she got the ranks because of being a looker, and she couldn't be a good soldier. Or they'd be too busy to check her out all the time.

If she was not a looker, they could think that she can do the job, but then again she must be a lesbian who enjoys humiliating men. It's not easy being a woman!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old March 31, 2003, 23:30   #66
Lincoln
King

There probably would be a mighty force to contend with if they scheduled combat for specific times of the month.
Old March 31, 2003, 23:39   #67
LTEC!
Goddess

The comment is not only uncute but logistically not doable.
If you look at it from the humorous point it might work (ah the rage and agressiveness would make quite a few quiver in their combat boots)
but since you've never had experienced it personally i should point out there are a number of additional factors going on that would impede battle to happen.
so
thats a no go.
Old March 31, 2003, 23:41   #68
Lincoln
King

I'm sure you are right.
Old April 1, 2003, 00:44   #69
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:52
I get the impression that you and Lancer, who are starting to remind me of those 2 old guys in the muppet show btw, have never heard of the idea that war is just menstruation envy

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old April 1, 2003, 00:58   #70
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

I think if they can pass the same physical, mental, and emotional tests they should be allowed into whatever division they qualify for. They should not alter the tests in any way - if you meet the requirements, you're in.
Old April 1, 2003, 03:33   #71
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 16:52
I think all-female units should be created. To do what? Well, I'm still working on that one, but the point is that women can kill just as efficiently as men can when push comes to shove.

Maybe an all-female boomer and/or attack sub crew? Special forces? Military police? Infiltration? All-female infantry units (OK, maybe that one's a bit far out)?

We've already got them aboard Navy ships, on the ground in rear echelon areas (and piloting gunships?), and piloting warplanes ...

Anyway, it's about time we brought some "Amazon" troops into more prominent play.

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old April 1, 2003, 03:45   #72
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
let women do anything they want to. if they want to go into combat, more power to them.

i don' t want to do it; somebody has to. if they volunteer, more power to them.
Old April 1, 2003, 18:11   #73
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 18:52
Why was it ok to say 'Don't move! Even your pubic hair won't grow!' loudly, but banned to say 'Don't move! Even your tits can't shake!'.

Isn't pubic hair present in both sexes?