Old April 3, 2003, 03:12   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 11:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Postal
http://www.whiptailinteractive.com/

Ive never seen a game made by these people, by the looks of the screenshots at the bottom of the screen it looks like its geared towards hard-core FPS players. Just thought Id share what I stumbled upon.
Old April 3, 2003, 09:42   #2
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 17:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
A psychological thriller with a punch line ending
• Epic’s Unreal ® Warfare Engine
• Gary Coleman: Special Guest Star
• Liquid Dynamics: Pours, drips, runs and puddles
• AI: Sophisticated AI supports people and animal interactions
• POSTAL 2 is about humor with absurd, over-the-top, violent content
Sounds horrible.
Old April 3, 2003, 09:46   #3
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:01
Quote:
humor with absurd, over-the-top, violent content
That sounds like fun.

The stuff about Gary Coleman is a bit lame, though.
Old April 3, 2003, 09:49   #4
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 02:01
WTF is Gary Coleman?
Old April 3, 2003, 09:56   #5
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Exactly.
Old April 3, 2003, 10:18   #6
Az
Emperor

Oh, holy ****. Google search it.....

"Whatch talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

He must've turned out as messed up as McColey Culkin, and Michael Jackson, just a tad less rich.
Old April 3, 2003, 13:13   #7
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Re: Postal
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
Ive never seen a game made by these people, by the looks of the screenshots at the bottom of the screen it looks like its geared towards hard-core FPS players. Just thought Id share what I stumbled upon.
That's because Postal 2 is the first game they will publish. I think that the quote on their main page pretty much sums it all up nicely:
Quote:
'whiptail.........a publisher with balls!'
Postal 1 and 2 was / is being developed by a company called "Running with Scissors" (sp? never knew how to spell scissors ). Also their only creations.

It's basically characterised by the overabundance of blood. But as a matter of fact, unless you like just killing people, I don't think this game is fun, because it's not like any other shooter - that is, in Postal, IIRC, nobody attacks you. It's just the people kinda walking around, and you go in, and they don't suspect anything, and then you whip out the gun / axe / whatever, and start killing 'em. Boring, if you ask me.
Spore page
Old April 3, 2003, 13:16   #8
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Oh, and BTW, have you never heard of the controversy around Postal 1? Heh, some gay association or society or whatever, started suing the developers because you could kill gay people in the game. Not that anything prevented you from killing normal people, or say, singling out the women, or whatever. That was actually the first time I heard of the game.
Spore page
Old April 3, 2003, 13:29   #9
Az
Emperor

how lame.
Old April 6, 2003, 01:30   #10
vovan
Emperor

In case any of you are actually interested... The game has gone gold, and will hit the shelves next Monday...

Quote:
Originally posted at Gamespot
Whiptail Interactive has announced that Postal 2 has gone gold and will ship to retail on April 14. Developed by Running With Scissors, Postal 2 is the sequel to the controversial action game Postal. In the game, players take the role of the Postal Dude, an ordinary man going about his daily life, living in a trailer park in Paradise, Arizona. More than 100 unique nonplayer characters populate the town, including Gary Coleman, of Diff'rent Strokes fame. Though it is actually possible to play the game without killing anyone, Postal 2 allows players to complete their daily, mundane tasks using violent, sociopathic means as well.

"Thanks to Whiptail, Postal fans worldwide will get their hands on Postal 2," said Vince Desi, CEO of Running With Scissors. "I'm ecstatic that the greatest fans in the world will be playing Postal 2 for a long time to come."
Spore page
Old April 6, 2003, 06:24   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Well, I was waiting for proof that the world has gone mad. If I see my neighbour is playing this, then I'm moving house.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 6, 2003, 14:40   #12
Space05us
King

Local Time: 11:01
Old April 6, 2003, 14:44   #13
vovan
Emperor

And rightfully so, might I add. Just after looking at a couple screenshots, I have a feeling I will be a little... careful, seeing a USPS truck approaching.
Spore page
Old April 7, 2003, 02:50   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Just leave the parcel on the step please... Now step back from the door... OK, I'm opening the door now, keep your hands where I can see them... You want me to sign here?... No way - I'm not falling for that.
I can just imagine the paranoia in suburbs everywhere.

-Jam
Old April 8, 2003, 00:08   #15
CapitanGarlic
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 16:01
What I percieve is a game trying to make sales solely by controversy. It may work...
Old April 8, 2003, 02:19   #16
Az
Emperor

I had a dream in which I had the ability to turn a certain object into anything I wanted, and generally having superpowers. Then I went around my university and killed lots of people.

Should I play this game? ( I am serious)
Old April 8, 2003, 02:24   #17
Jamski
Deity

Don't worry, this is a perfectly normal dream for young hetrosexual men (seriously) Your subconcious works out all your sexual frustrations while you are sleeping. People who have never dreamed (or daydreamed) of walking around killing people, are not normal. Play the game. It won't "make" you shoot people if you wen't going to do it anyway, and you may dream about something else.

Most dreams are really about sex anyway.

-Jam