Old May 2, 2003, 07:10   #31
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
There's a real time strategy segment where you monitor UFO activities and wait for your bases to build things. You can send troops to retrieve equipment and aliens from downed UFOs and attack terror sites. These combat missions take place in a turned based tactical segment.

The night terror missions are the best. You can actually feel the fear.
I loved in the original XCom being able to choose what terrain you fought in, by shooting down the ufo's in certain areas. My favourite was to fight in the desert - the bright yellow sand really made the aliens stand out, and the dunes gave enough cover while also allowing my soldiers to climb over them on the next turn and still have enough time units to actually cause the aliens grief (or to turn back and hide again if need be).
Old May 2, 2003, 09:20   #32
vee4473
King

Local Time: 18:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Talking about fps games:

Serious Sam was suprising... The humour used in the game was very great, and the maps where extremely large... but still it ran almost perfect on a low-end machine... I was expecting Just another "shoot-first, shoot some more, then forget to ask the questions" game, but in the end, this became the best fps game, since Duke Nukem 3D
Serious Sam is a great game. Not only did it have excellent graphics and effects, but it managed to run smoothly on low end systems like you said.

AND it was only $20-$30!!

YaY!