Old April 4, 2003, 20:46   #1
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 19:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Do you think u will out grow poly
I would have to say sadly, that when i go to college i probaly want have time to come to poly alot. Then when i graduate and get a job, i dont see any time for poly, sad really. Or will poly even be around when i get out of college
Old April 4, 2003, 21:49   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:09
I never posted much until i got to college. Then I started being a lot more active. I don't forsee me stopping anytime in the near future.
Old April 4, 2003, 22:02   #3
Tuberski

Local Time: 18:09
Maybe eventually, but at the present, no. And I can't see in the immediate future either.....unless I lose my job and my high-speed Net access.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 4, 2003, 23:02   #4
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

I don't know about poly as a whole, but the OT got old fast

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old April 4, 2003, 23:53   #5
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Outgrow APOLYTON!??!??!!!

HEATHEN! Carry him away!

(iow no)
Old April 5, 2003, 00:03   #6
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 11:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I probably will. Not grow out as such but become very... very... bored of Poly. Some day, maybe a few years.
Old April 5, 2003, 01:25   #7
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:09
I don't forsee it at this point in time.
Old April 5, 2003, 03:43   #8
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Depends. Right now my life isn't the most exciting, and I can't say that I would go where the wind takes me if something interesting happened. Even with things being as they are, I generally go through "cycles" of activity with various forums/games/whatever, so I'll probably fade away, then wander back. Rinse, repeat.
Old April 5, 2003, 05:32   #9
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 13:09
Depends on the semester. Last semester, I was pretty busy with courses....but now I'm able to come to Apolyton more often. When I go into my career...who knows. I'll probably stop by and cheer on UH now and then. But I'll agree w/STYOM in that the OT has gotten a little stale lately...
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old April 5, 2003, 05:35   #10
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

I will stick with this site until they kill it or it dies a natural death... I have too many friends that post here... and as long as they are still posting, so will I
Old April 5, 2003, 05:44   #11
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Friends?

Or passive and subservient peons?
Old April 5, 2003, 05:47   #12
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

I came to this forum hoping that manu friends would follow... and they did. Since then, I've made many new friends..

Long live Apolyton
Old April 5, 2003, 06:00   #13
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
There is a certain age range of posters that will probably stop posting. Whether you will outgrow 'Poly depends a lot on your passion for civ as well, since there is no reason to stay here if you have none left.

I am 24, and past some of the points where people tend to stop posting. I also know that Civ (various flavours) is a game that will outlast other games that I play, so I will probably be posting for a while yet. Even if I leave it wont be from 'outgrowing' 'Poly, since most of the people I play Civ with are older than me anyway; it would likely be a new job hogging all the time or something like that.
Old April 5, 2003, 06:08   #14
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
I came to this forum hoping that manu friends would follow... and they did.
Ah, so friend means either peon, pet or AH DL depending upon the context. I think I understand.

Or maybe it depends upon the forum...

Long live Ming the Bastard, er... I mean... Apolyton!!!
Old April 5, 2003, 07:03   #15
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
I am 24, and past some of the points where people tend to stop posting. I also know that Civ (various flavours) is a game that will outlast other games that I play, so I will probably be posting for a while yet. Even if I leave it wont be from 'outgrowing' 'Poly, since most of the people I play Civ with are older than me anyway; it would likely be a new job hogging all the time or something like that.
The same goes for me too (except I'm 21 ). The Civ series aren't my favourite games, but there is something about them that will probably keep me coming back long after I get bored with other genres. Also, the Civ community is superior to every other gaming community I've encountered so far.

Like Spikey the only reason I can see myself leaving 'poly in the forseeable future would be if I got a new job and/or moved house (I'm trying to do both right now) and didn't have the time or money for such frivolous pleasures any more.
Old April 5, 2003, 09:38   #16
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

I hope I don't tire of it, as this is the only forum I've hung around for more than a week without getting tired of. I don't play much Civ, but I do play a lot of SMAC, and that is what brought me here originally. I wanted to improve my game.

Off and on, I checked out threads in the SMAC forum for almost a year. Occasionally, I ventured into other forums, but didn't get much out of them. They were games I didn't really play, or everyone seemed to know each other, and I was a stranger. Then I started noticing the posts of Fez, and started coming here more to read Fez posts than Alpha Centauri posts.

After Fez retired, I decided to register and begin posting myself.

Fez gave me the courage to become a man and face the future with dignity. Thanks Fez!
Old April 5, 2003, 09:51   #17
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'm more worried that at the rate Apolyton attracts new members, that Apolyton will outgrow me How many members do we have now? 29,000? I can't keep track of all that many people.

I can't imagine getting tired of 'poly, though. It would be the same as getting tired of talking to people, or getting tired of life. (BTW, I'm still not tired of Civ1 or MoM)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 5, 2003, 11:20   #18
Caesar the Great
Emperor

i hope so..... i spend waaaaaay too much time here
Old April 5, 2003, 12:04   #19
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Probably. SLeague won't last forever.
Old April 5, 2003, 12:07   #20
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 01:09
I'm currently in the end of the period which will probably be the hardes I have to get to Poly for a long long time. However, when I go to the university next year studies will take my time, but I'll not stop visting Poly for that. Howver, I might have to take out my first GP ever before some testperiods. (Or my results would not be too good.) But that's a later problem. Now I'm focused on getting out of thie period of life, and get onto the next
Old April 5, 2003, 12:53   #21
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

eventually unless a good game comes around in the next two years or so. the civ2 demo games can't last, and the other fare on the site hasn't exactly drawn my complete attention
Old April 5, 2003, 13:45   #22
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Well Galciv has decent 'Polytoner reviews so far........perhaps that could be the next game.
Old April 5, 2003, 14:41   #23
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 20:09
I spend more time on Poly than any other place in the internet. I suppose that I can't get tired of this place.

But when someone says that Fez gave him the courage to register and start posting, then you know that perhaps things have gone too far...

I love Poly.
Old April 5, 2003, 16:10   #24
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

As long as AH is here to mock, it's worth looking in on.
Old April 5, 2003, 16:14   #25
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

I get bored once in a while and I stop posting, I usually go back at it,
maybe one time I just won´t come back
Old April 5, 2003, 17:29   #26
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

**shrug** I'll always be around from one degree to another.

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old April 5, 2003, 18:00   #27
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Ill probably grow tired of 'poly eventually without either Civ4 or CTP3 to play/anticipate.
Old April 5, 2003, 18:20   #28
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 01:09
I cant see myself posting here when I'm 90.
Old April 5, 2003, 18:26   #29
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by atawa
I cant see myself posting here when I'm 90.

When Alzheimers threads replace drunk threads, that will probably be the end of Poly.
Old April 5, 2003, 18:42   #30
spartak
King

Hopefully you will soon grow out of posting "u" for "You".

Am I the only one who finds the contraction of the language brought on by texting very annoying??