Old April 30, 2003, 20:18   #91
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ok, do we have all the polls we need now? if so, we can start sign ups when they're done and then get all the civgroups etc. we need created

i've made up some civgroup images, and PMd mark to see if they're acceptable:
Old April 30, 2003, 20:45   #92
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Woo-hoo! New game!

Who will I join?
Old May 1, 2003, 00:02   #93
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 17:21
Looks great!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 1, 2003, 07:08   #94
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 00:21
All aboard me hearties
Old May 1, 2003, 08:11   #95
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 23:21
COOL ! I can't wait to have a little Hive symbol next to my avatar

Looks like we're going with 4 factions then? Hive, UoP, CyCon and Roger the Cabinboy

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 1, 2003, 09:49   #96
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
Roger the Cabinboy
Herc has a new name

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 1, 2003, 10:49   #97
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

All hail Roger the Cabinboy!

How much time should we give each faction as far as set-up goes? I'm talking about establishing offices, constitutions, etc.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 1, 2003, 12:46   #98
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

He's been hanging around with Master Bates and Seaman Staines too much and picked up a few sailor's habits

-Jam
Old May 1, 2003, 14:05   #99
FlameFlash
Emperor

Do let us know when all of the polls are closed... preferably in here, just so we'll know to go and sign up... with papers due this next week I may not be able to check on it as much over the next couple of days.

Old May 1, 2003, 17:00   #100
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

ok, markos says they need to be 15x19 (those are 19x19 pixels) and have backgrounds. i'm both too lazy and not that good at paint shop to do this kinda stuff. maybe we could get ixnay to do it
Old May 1, 2003, 18:14   #101
Method
Emperor

blah, i did it anyway.

Old May 2, 2003, 02:21   #102
Jamski
Deity

I was about to volunteer, honest guv! They look a bit... odd now. Especially the pirates. Get Ixnay to make them from bigger pictures maybe? Or are they close enough for Jazz?

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 07:31   #103
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:21
How large are those smallest diplomatic faction icons, those already in blue tints? Perhaps they will look less weird with that blue background behind it.
Old May 2, 2003, 09:06   #104
Jamski
Deity

Or we could just use wierd looking icons, it wouldn't be the first time in the history of 'poly.

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 09:22   #105
FlameFlash
Emperor

I'd prefer nice looking ones... good work thus far, TKG, but perhaps a different background color? Maybe even a different one for each one? Happen to have larger versions of the originals? I designed the Mac civgroup icon...

Old May 2, 2003, 11:50   #106
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

(cough)

News from the History Guy-TKG Labs...

Xenobrew is good stuff, and all that, but our top researcher, Mr. Zaphod Beeblebrox, has invented the all-time best drink in the Universe.

The mind-blowing Pan Galatic Gargle Blaster is available at the special low price of 1.00 credit at your local bar.

(History Guy-TKG Labs is not responsible for any misusage of the beverage. If taken incorrectly, it could result in mind-popping, stomach melting, or even death.)
Old May 2, 2003, 11:53   #107
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Once I'm done blowing my mind on Pan Galatic Gargle Blasters, I may actually take part in the new game...as more than a drink salesman.
Old May 2, 2003, 15:04   #108
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
I'd prefer nice looking ones... good work thus far, TKG, but perhaps a different background color? Maybe even a different one for each one? Happen to have larger versions of the originals? I designed the Mac civgroup icon...
they all have to be 15x19 pixels, i can't make them any bigger. markos even shot down 19x19.
here they are with transparencies:

as for that background colour, that's the silver-ish text from the SMAC section. i made some other ones (ctp2-yellow, MoO3 blue, SMAC orange, the red-brown colour like the current icon) but the light blue was voted best by our resident style expert, kassi

i could try a red or green though. i'll get back to you.
Old May 2, 2003, 15:23   #109
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Can't you make it the same background colour as the MoO3 section? Then at least we won't notice it.
Old May 2, 2003, 15:23   #110
Method
Emperor

back again from the lab with new images if someone wants to give it a shot

maniac: you mean these?

EDIT: done with moo3-blue:

Last edited by Method; May 2, 2003 at 15:29.
Old May 2, 2003, 15:25   #111
Maniac

Indeed. But now I see them, they are still quite large and would probably be quite deformed when shrunk.
Old May 2, 2003, 15:47   #112
Jamski
Deity

Very nice with MoO3 blue

SO DON'T CHANGE THEM ANYMORE I'M HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!

Did you get that

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 16:02   #113
FlameFlash
Emperor

Why not go with the ones with a transparent background? That way no matter what style you're using to view the forums, you'll still be able to enjoy them without a background?

/me doesn't use MOO3 because he likes things as they are...

Old May 2, 2003, 16:09   #114
Method
Emperor

ok, whatever. i'll make a few more background colours and maybe have a poll or something.
Old May 2, 2003, 16:10   #115
Maniac

Quote:
Why not go with the ones with a transparent background?
MarkG told TKG transparency wasn't allowed.
Old May 2, 2003, 16:13   #116
Method
Emperor

actually he said
Quote:
1) i think they would look better with a background rather than transparency
i guess i misquoted him in my other post
Old May 2, 2003, 16:15   #117
Maniac

So transparency is actually allowed? In that case I'd say: "Ignore Markos' advice!"
Old May 2, 2003, 17:18   #118
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

What is the different colour-schemes? I use SMAC something something, because that was all I played when I started here, but are any better?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 2, 2003, 17:37   #119
Maniac

Try Default-Ultra-Special-MoO3.
Old May 2, 2003, 17:45   #120
Method
Emperor

they're all the colours of the sections (like http://apolyton.net/smac http://apolyton.net/moo3 )
moo3 is blue, CtP2 is yellow, civ3 is (a very disgusting shade of) green, and i think markos is considering making a RoN style.