Old April 10, 2003, 03:52   #1
unknown20
Settler

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
CIV2 scenario
Hey people, I'm new at this game and i like it. How do u create a scenario using CIV2? I've been trying to figure it out...but I can't. thnx
Old April 10, 2003, 05:48   #2
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The basic mechanics are simple - open cheat mode, make the changes you feel needed to establish the scenario, and 'Save as Scenario'.

Of course step 2 can be immensely complex - for more tips try the Civ2-Creation forum or the Scenario League or CSC - links at bottom of page

SG[1]
Old April 10, 2003, 05:56   #3
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Use the cheat menu to create units, give techs etc.
If you want to build cities, create a settler and build the city. You can then use the cheat menu to edit the city size etc.

The cheat menu also allows you to switch the human player and change the map view, so you can build each of the civilizations.

Make sure you do all of the creating in a single turn.

If you want to change the game rules and text, you'll have to edit the textfiles with a text editor, changing graphics you can do with an image editor.

If you have civ2 classic, the possibilities for creating scenarios are really quite limited. You have to especially make sure you make backups of all files you're changing.

If you have a later version, civ2 has more scenario options, such as built-in scenario tools for editing the text and graphics files, adding "events". In this case you also don't need to keep all files in the main civ2 folder, but you can give each scenario its own folder, with copies of whichever file you're gong to change.
Old April 10, 2003, 16:27   #4
Wazell
Chieftain

Good advice. For start the most important is that you have a good map, anyway. You can make one by yourself with map editor or get those from the net, depending on your needs. Who wants a scenario based on random map? Then start the game on that map, start cheat mode staying at 4000BC and follow the advice in above posts and everywhere around these sites. You may want to check 'flat world' in rules page before starting the process.

Like Mercator already said, if you play standard Civ2 the newest patch is 2.42, at least use it. There is also the free FW patch somewhere, which upgrades standard Civ2 to version 2.78 that has excellent capabilities with scenarios. If you have MPG/UCC edition or even TOT, though, they should already have everything you need.
Old April 11, 2003, 15:10   #5
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

[not ming]There is no free anything patch (except the 2.42 update, the MGE 1.3 patch and the ToT 1.1 patch), the rest is illegal. Apolyton does now allow any sort of discussion even remotely pointing that matter. If you even hint at installing, let alone having installed such an illegal patch you will be shot. [/not ming]

But indeed, just ravage through the civ2 menus and startup options to see what you can do.

(my first post was cross-posted with SG's post, by the way)
Old April 11, 2003, 16:29   #6
Wazell
Chieftain

Whoops. Should've known that.

But I hear, that there might have been some discussion about certain thing vaguely like that a long long time ago, in some civ-gaming site with a Greek name. Not that I knew anything about those, though.