Old August 2, 1999, 21:05   #1
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Need a New Spartan Chronicles Thread
At 95 posts (at the time of this posting) the SC is getting too big. Kinjiru (are you still out there?), please do the honor of starting a new thread!

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 1999, 22:32   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:25
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I agree, please.

I posted about six or so to catch up on my return, and loading - and editing was sloooooooow

But now I'm caught up

BTW, where do I get the latest map? I see we're in space now, so all of the factions bases should be revealed (although realistically if the satellite is in geosynchronous orbit it would only reveal what was within its footprint)

G.
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 1999, 22:43   #3
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:25
Googlie,
The new map is at Korn's web site -
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7941

The main difference is Emerald Isle is moved south and west. Also, Ft. Soup moved south.

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 1999, 03:49   #4
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
do we really need to start a new topic?

it seems like on my computer that each of the fifty posts load seperately so that now that we have went over 100 posts and started a new thread it should load quicker. right?

korn469
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 1999, 10:58   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

You're right as to the loading - p3 will load quicker until it gets heavy. But if you are posting multiples, each time after the post it kicks back to p1, (the first thread in the topic) rather than to the p you've just posted on.

Don't know if Apolyton can do anything about that, though

Hoever I'm off to loll in the arms of the Lady, so my posts will be fewer, leaving the work to Slats Miller (yeah, right)

G.

------------------
Putting a spin on it...

Old August 3, 1999, 11:05   #6
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
googlie
have you checked out the new map? hwat do you think?
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 1999, 00:59   #7
Googlie
Emperor

Checked the map.

Seems like we will need to do some editing of the early posts as there isn't much room below Fort Soup for all the action we've detailed. Maybe we need the action to be south of another base with more room which would just involve a mass name change edit from Fort Soup to ??. Kinji's original map had more land, plus fungus, below FS.

Plus, I thought that Admiralty Base was the furthest south of Spartan bases, not in the NW

re VeLvetgrass Point (you need to correct the spelling) I'd like to see a monolith at the top of the hill to the left of the base (in the fungus patch) with a small stream running from there through the base to the coast eventually.

Overall, though, generally good. I had envisioned Sparta Command as being a coastal base on the west side of the continent, but north is good too.

Would the University have named the bay Skye Bay? Sounds more like a Gaian tactic. Something like Discovery Bay sounds more Universityish.

Just picky comments, and I've never built a map nor edited one, so can't appreciate the hard work you've put in. (well I can appreciate, i just can't empathize with it

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited August 03, 1999).]