Old July 22, 1999, 15:15   #1
Veracitas
Warlord

Local Time: 05:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Spartan Chronicles: Cartographical Issues
Fellow Chroniclers,

The map has been issued by Kinjiru, but some have expressed their discontent--or surprise--over it. Such issues need to be resolved before the Chroniclers can continue with their chronicling.

I have but one issue by this point, and that is the placement of the Ruins and the Great Dunes. I would rather that they were put on the opposite end of the world, away from human habitation. Thus, Ishmael and his evil cult can work their machinations without being disturbed. As for XForce, my solution would be that they fell into a dimensional portal in a desert on the Spartan mainland, and Planet transported them, for one reason or another (Planet has its own machinations) to the desert around the Ruins, unbeknowst to Captain Elyias and XForce. Thus, there can be two deserts on planet: one on the Spartan mainland and one on the other side of the world. The one on the Spartan Mainland can be called "The Great Dunes" while Ishmael's desert can be "Desert of Chiron" or whatever.

List your own concerns about the map. Try not to get to nitpicky, otherwise this will degrade into a petty argument.

--Veracitas
Veracitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 1999, 16:06   #2
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
Veracitas

i think that is a good idea i would like to see the dunes well away from the spartan mainland.

just a few more issues...the hive even if they built a single base on emerald isle have no real reason to be there...in general each empire is a bit too seperated from the others. wy would the hive and the spartans have went ot war in 2188? they probably wouldn't have even known the other side existed. changes to emerald isle, it should be south of spartan positions assassins redoubt should be on the north part of the island with a hive base on the south part of ths island. we also need to incorporate the manifold nexus into the game just for the sake of it exists. but other than that i think kinjiru good a great job on the scenario, and i'm glad he set all of this up! thanks kinjiru!

korn469
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 1999, 16:13   #3
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

I have only a couple of map-related requests, some of which might be similar to Korn's:

Place a land bridge between the main Spartan continent and Emerald Isle. This will explain how the whole of 2nd Armor is there, and allow them to return to the Spartan mainland when they are finished squishing the Hive like a bug. Otherwise it is fine the way it is.

The Hive continent is a little small, since it once contained the Hive, Believers (?) and Gaians (?). I suggest expanding it to include the smallish continent that is N-NE of Hive territory and roughly east of Morgan territory. Alternatively, this continent might not be connected but only colonized by Hive forces. This will mean the distance between Sparta and the Hive is reduced (making contact and combat more plausible), and might explain why the Hive is where they are.

I assume Hive (and other) cities can be added The Map as they are 'found'. I liked Kinjiru's idea of Hive colonies not being 'found' yet, since this will give authors a lot of license for their plots. We just will need to make sure Korn has a clear idea of where these newly discovered Hive bases are (by coordinate, preferably).

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 1999, 11:12   #4
Dcole78
Chieftain

Could someone please send me the map? I'm thinking of taking over the sub unit,

Thanks
Daniel
Dcole78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 1999, 15:17   #5
korn469
Emperor

Dcole78

ok i sent you the map...remember there are going to be some changes to the map but in general this is how thing look. right now i'm on hold with the 469th until map issues are resolved.

korn469
Old July 23, 1999, 20:10   #6
Veracitas
Warlord

Surely there are other issues. If not, then the shape of the map seems to fall into the hands of Hydro, korn, and I. I know that there are more of you out there.

--Veracitas
Veracitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 1999, 00:40   #7
korn469
Emperor

for everyone who doesn't have the map i put it on my webpage...right now it's just the map but i'm going to expand it into something that is very kewl so start looking forward to it.

until then please check it out and if you don't have the map go and get it there. the site is at
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7941

korn469
Old July 25, 1999, 14:11   #8
Dcole78
Chieftain

Thanks for sending me the map guys. I only have one request that how ever you cange it you leave a small continent on the opposite side of the spartans continent from emerald isle uninhabited....

thanks guys! Getting my story together as we speak, have the basics now just need to fill in the gaps. Look for the first installment by the middle of the week if not before.
Dcole78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 1999, 23:53   #9
Hydro
King

Confusion.

I just pulled up the Spartan Chronicles map posted by Mark G. Is this the final map? It isn't like the one e-mailed to me or the one on Korn's web site.

What gives?

Hydro
Old July 26, 1999, 08:30   #10
korn469
Emperor

if it is the final map i know nothing about it...maybe kinjiru redid it?

korn469
Old July 27, 1999, 13:20   #11
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:25
Why didn't you use the huge Map of Planet?
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 1999, 19:57   #12
Hydro
King

M@ni@c,

Kinjiru suggested starting the serial Spartan Chronicals and set up the map to fit his geography for the storyline. BTW, the posted map is not, apparently, the one that will be used. Korn is editing/fixing the map (I hope).

Hydro

P.S. - What do you think of the story so far? Do you like it? Constructive feedback is welcome!!
Old October 14, 1999, 03:08   #13
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:25
Local Date: October 30, 2010
^
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 1999, 16:25   #14
Slats
Warlord

Hydro,

I just love how you use the words 'constructive feedback'.......

Slats

------------------

What lies ahead of us & what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

[This message has been edited by Slats (edited October 14, 1999).]
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote