Old April 14, 2003, 18:33   #1
Aydan
Settler

Local Time: 23:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Computer players and multiplayer
Is there anyway possible to start a multiplayer game without any computer players? I ahve a lan at my house with 2 other guys, but we only want it to be the 3 of us.

I noticed some senarios only have a select number of players... how would I go about doing this for a multiplayer game?

Is it possible to create a senario and edit the options to only allow 3 players?

Thanks!
Old April 14, 2003, 19:13   #2
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 00:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Should be, just create a scenario, use the editor to eliminate 4 unwanted factions leaving only the 6 pods (2each) for the 3 players.
Just like the set scenarios that you get with the game like the borehole cluster and stuff, only 4 available factions in that.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old April 14, 2003, 19:27   #3
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:41
Or equally easy I think would be to have 7 human players and just have some of them eradicate themselves (make sure that do or die is on) --

If you have 3 players, why not try playing two factions each?? Its loads of fun and does not increase the game rate much at all if each player's factions are grouped in turn order
Old April 14, 2003, 19:44   #4
Aydan
Settler

thanks for the fast reply.

I tried doing that... but is there anyway for the start locations to be randomized? Or does it have to be set?

thanks, again!
Old April 14, 2003, 19:54   #5
Aydan
Settler

Ok, i found out have to randomize start locations.

Next n00b question...

For senarios...is there any way to allow the player to choose the race? In the editor, they only allow the original 7 races,and then you have to choose which ones they are.

thanks.
Old April 14, 2003, 20:20   #6
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 00:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
You have to eradicate a faction and then use the reload option. Type in something like "Hive" for the Hive obviously or Fungboy for the planet cult (the name it has in the ac files)
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.