Old April 18, 2003, 09:03   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
An open GS discussion
Every storm has it's duration. In time, even the mightiest of storms must eventually fade.

Given that, and given that we are exiting our period of extended peace with our Voxian neighbors, and entering a new phase, I feel that an informal change of name for the group is in order.

To that end, I propose "Gathering another Storm" or GAS for short.

This way, when our allies pass our ships on the high seas, or when our units pass each other en route to different places, it can truly be said that you are "Passing GAS." Ahhh, and the possibilities for diplomacy are *endless*

As to our current situation with Vox, since they're quite fond of assigning operational names to everything, I propose that we do likewise, and my vote for the ongoing operations against Vox would be

"Operation Toxic GAS"

or perhaps

"Silent but Deadly GAS"

Thoughts? This is serious business here....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:06   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 19:53
Well, if you think the name change will help your team play its turns in a more timely fashion, I am all in favour.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:09   #3
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

I dunno about the delays earlier, but this past turn's delay was largely brought on by 'poly being down.

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:30   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

24 - 4 = 20

Sorry Vel - I'm just being a pain in the butt here.

As to you name change, you know you are setting yourself up with a name like GaS.
Old April 18, 2003, 09:48   #5
Velociryx
staff

But of course....

-=Vel=-
Old April 18, 2003, 10:03   #6
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Butt indeed
Old April 18, 2003, 10:24   #7
Velociryx
staff

*entirely* an unintentional pun, I assure you...

-=Vel=-
Old April 18, 2003, 11:11   #8
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:53
Can Vox be running out of GAS?
Old April 18, 2003, 11:17   #9
Beta
lifer
Deity

Nope - there is a lot of GaS to be 'consumed'.
Old April 18, 2003, 11:18   #10
Velociryx
staff

We'll soon know....

-=Vel=-
Old April 18, 2003, 14:53   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
Is Beta admitting to possessing Weapons of Gas Consumption?
Old April 18, 2003, 15:34   #12
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I pass GAS in Vox's general direction.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 18, 2003, 15:46   #13
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:53
Ok, this war is reaching GaStronomical limits to the pun factor.

If GaS has any GAS it woud be in their best interest to use that GAS on Vox's ASS(AsynchonizedSwingingSwordsmen) so that GaS may PASS the through the current ASS attack.

So, GaS must use it's own GAS to BLAST Vox's ASS Attack! A sort of cheek to cheek battle of ASS versus GAS!
Old April 18, 2003, 17:00   #14
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:53
too... many... puns...
can't... hold... on... to... sanity...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 18, 2003, 17:05   #15
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 18, 2003, 17:13   #16
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Ok, this war is reaching GaStronomical limits to the pun factor.

If GaS has any GAS it woud be in their best interest to use that GAS on Vox's ASS(AsynchonizedSwingingSwordsmen) so that GaS may PASS the through the current ASS attack.

So, GaS must use it's own GAS to BLAST Vox's ASS Attack! A sort of cheek to cheek battle of ASS versus GAS!

I fear these weapons of GAS destruction everyone is speaking of.
Old April 18, 2003, 17:18   #17
Velociryx
staff

Oh yes....we shall truly be known as the masters of gas-aster....or something... I can see it now, when other nations begin visiting our lands....

"Well, it's a fine kingdom you have here, but what IS that smell?"

-=Vel=-
Old April 18, 2003, 17:55   #18
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

I fear these weapons of GAS destruction everyone is speaking of.
That's right. You look down from above, so if the GAS rises...
Old April 18, 2003, 19:02   #19
Beta
lifer
Deity

And when your lands are conquered - we will rename them - GAScony.
Old April 18, 2003, 19:03   #20
Beta
lifer
Deity

er - I meant "liberated".
Old April 18, 2003, 19:08   #21
Velociryx
staff

Still time to diffuse the situation, if you want to.... We're lovers and poets at heart....like the Scots, actually.

But....it appears you've already cast your die, yes?

-=Vel=-
Old April 18, 2003, 19:20   #22
Beta
lifer
Deity

You can always give-up. It would save civilian lives.
Old April 18, 2003, 19:29   #23
Velociryx
staff

I'll readily admit to a bit of surprise at the sudden turn of events (and regardless of the outcome, my compliments to whomever over there orchestrated things to this point), but (and forgive my momentary redneck lapse) "the fightin' ain't even started yet."

-=Vel=-