Local Date: November 1, 2010
He started it. Yea.
Old May 13, 2003, 03:40   #92
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 01:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sending more troops to my eastern borders to face the rising ottoman threat ...
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria_3_1522.net (439.9 KB, 4 views)
Old May 14, 2003, 11:23   #93
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
You know, I really think you should make the sea unstackable. I mean, coming across castles in the Baltic in SP is just a pain in the arse.
The oceans are large, couldnt you just go around those castles? They'll surely vanish if you take their home city

I dislike it as much as you, but unfortunatly I cannot find a good alternative
Having Castles to be imovable (Domain 3) was what I did first, but I discovered that comes with a gigantic defence penalty and I didnt want that so I had to make them land units after all
Old May 14, 2003, 11:58   #94
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 19:58
Henrikov, sounds like you should post in Scen League thread and see if anyone has any ideas.

Just a thought.
Old May 14, 2003, 13:00   #95
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:58
It's not just the castles, its every other unit on board ships, that if they are sunk, they become fervorous Christians and manage to walk on water.

Not really 'walk' as they can't move, but they stay afloat by divine intervention.
Old May 14, 2003, 13:14   #96
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Units apart from castles should be easy to kill with most ships though.
Or atleast that's my experience and the reason why I set the stats the way I did

Stackable combat adds so much to the game imho, the trade-off is worth it imho...
Old May 14, 2003, 13:23   #97
Henrik
Emperor

Didn't notice your post there steve

Well basicly this is what you get when wanting stackable sea combat.
The best thing one can do is to make sure the ships are capable of killing of units at sea. The problem being those castles, however I think a ship will have a pretty good chance even against those. Did you try Martin?
Old May 14, 2003, 13:59   #98
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:58
Wait a sec, isn't it a house rule that any units left over after their transport is sunk must be disbanded by their owner? If not that's how it ought to be.
Old May 14, 2003, 14:03   #99
Henrik
Emperor

That is indeed a house rule but we where talking about SP

The AI has a tendency not to follow house rules...
Old May 14, 2003, 14:21   #100
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Meh, I thought he was talking about this game all along.
Old May 14, 2003, 14:36   #101
Dr. Nick
Deity

Nope, I haven't tried killing castles with my ships.
Old May 14, 2003, 14:55   #102
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Heck if its an SP game just go to cheat mode and disband them. You are playing the game for yourself. So what difference does it make?

And if your playing to practice for this PBEM, thats what we would do just disband the units.
Old May 14, 2003, 16:49   #103
jim panse
King

come on folks, let´s play ....
Old May 15, 2003, 01:25   #104
Henrik
Emperor

FiGu's turn I think.
Old May 15, 2003, 01:31   #105
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
FiGu's turn I think.
Yep he's in the hot seat.
Old May 16, 2003, 11:17   #106
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

French Turn..
Attached Files:
File Type: net french_1_1522.net (439.9 KB, 4 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old May 16, 2003, 17:26   #107
Henrik
Emperor

Quick Headlines:
Spain continues the gathering of ships to it's Armada, once enough has joined it will be sent straight to Denmark...

This year no ships where lost to Muslim raiders.

Cannon production experts as well as cartographers with the knowladge of Spain's new World colonies sent to the English king. The King of England is said to prepare a colonial expidition of his own...

The seige of Rome is going well and the city is expected to fall soon...

The Spanish mocks the Ottomans who hasn't yet been able to seize Belgrade despite beseiging it for two years allready
Attached Files:
File Type: net spain1522.net (439.9 KB, 3 views)
Old May 16, 2003, 17:55   #108
Dr. Nick
Deity

The Siege was lifted. Ottoman forces have moved away from Belgrade to regroup.
Old May 16, 2003, 20:39   #109
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Whose turn?
Old May 17, 2003, 00:06   #110
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Continue building Empire.

Spainish Cannon experts dont seem to know how to build cannons?????

No tech for Cannons Henrik?

The English remain nuetral in any upcoming possibility of war.
Attached Files:
File Type: net english_1522.net (439.9 KB, 3 views)
Old May 17, 2003, 01:24   #111
Henrik
Emperor

Sure I gifted you the tech for cannnons, as well as new world voyage...

Might've figured what's amiss, I reloaded my turn as I accidently hit end turn when I was first done. Perhaps I forgot to gift you the techs the second time

I'll make sure you get them next turn.

Last edited by Henrik; May 17, 2003 at 06:26.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:35   #112
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik

Might've figured what's amiss, I reloaded my turn as I accidently hit end turn when I was first done. Perhaps I forgot to gift you the techs the second time
Actually what I heard was your Cannon and Cartography experts were stuck in Soho for some reason. Is there something the matter with the fairer sex in Spain?

Please make sure they get the word to get back to work.

Your gratefull friend, the English King
Old May 17, 2003, 08:50   #113
Henrik
Emperor

Nothing wrong with the Spanish women, the Cartographers and Cannon moulders where probably just very lonely after the long sea voyage

Regards
Enrico of Galicia
Old May 17, 2003, 16:18   #114
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The King of Sweden wants to make public:

"We reject the Turkish efforts to expand into Europe. We're not going to allow further Turkish expansion in Europe. We ask all Christian kingdoms to don't sign alliances with the Turkish Empire..."
Attached Files:
File Type: net sweden_1522.net (439.9 KB, 3 views)
Old May 17, 2003, 17:11   #115
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

- The king has instituted numerous reforms of the Danish government, giving more weight to Protestantism and setting up an independent legislative body.

- Danish envoys bribe Spanish officials experienced in the production of cannon.
Attached Files:
File Type: net danes_1523.net (439.9 KB, 3 views)
Old May 18, 2003, 03:51   #116
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
- Danish envoys bribe Spanish officials experienced in the production of cannon.

Atleast I now know you've allready wasted your starting envoy
Old May 18, 2003, 06:24   #117
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Wasted? What better could I have done with it? What more extremely important tech could I have gotten with it?

You should just accept that you no longer have superior weaponry and should make peace. I don't even want any Spanish territory.
Old May 18, 2003, 07:10   #118
jim panse
King

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
The King of Sweden wants to make public:

"We reject the Turkish efforts to expand into Europe. We're not going to allow further Turkish expansion in Europe. We ask all Christian kingdoms to don't sign alliances with the Turkish Empire..."
The Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and Archduke of Austria supports the position of the swedish King.
Old May 18, 2003, 12:18   #119
Henrik
Emperor

Well Darius, I usually save mine for barbarian unit bribing, it's up to you though
And Spain is quite sure that she has some sort of other millitary advantage apart from the cannon tech
Old May 18, 2003, 12:57   #120
Dr. Nick
Deity

As a show of Ottoman power in the view of Spanish decline, Parma was razed to the ground.