Old April 25, 2003, 13:07   #31
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Crawlers are a pain in the neck. I don't really mind them as long as I don't have to look after them, so you can put those nitros back to your pocket Archaic. .

The bonus, which *is* huge, I admit, is simply not worth the required micromanagement IMHO. When I play SP, I want to enjoy myself, and that seldom includes hordes of crawlers. I am a hopeless micromanager when it comes to formers though. Maybe I should just try the little buggers out again some day. :shrugs:

My lack of experience in the crawler department is the prime reason why I don't do much multiplaying.

I am not sure if I'll become a team member though. I have a little idea, which may be a bit difficult to execute, but I may want to give it a shot. It has nothing to do with faction choices or game mechanics, so I will keep it a secret.
Old April 25, 2003, 20:53   #32
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 01:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Multi playing is a new and exiting ball game.

The big difference is you are playing against human players. However these players are generally as inexperienced as you in a multi player scenario.