View Poll Results: You're on the Unity. What escape pod door do you walk through?
Morgan Industries 1 4.00%
Gaia's Stepdaughters 1 4.00%
Nautilus Pirates 3 12.00%
Data Angels 2 8.00%
Human Hive 7 28.00%
University of Planet 6 24.00%
Peacekeeping Forces 0 0%
Cybernetic Consciousness 4 16.00%
Xenobanana!: I'll stay on the ship! 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 28, 2003, 09:45   #61
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 18:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Looks like I going to be a Pirate. Avast there me hearties
Arrrr!

Yet another faction that could just use a couple players and not need to be fully populated.

One gets to be Captain and the other First Mate.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old April 28, 2003, 09:49   #62
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
can't we just have a CMN pick factions he thinks are balanced and leave the aliens out?
/me likes...

It makes it so that somebody who knows the game well can make up a balanced force against all the player factions rather than all of us voting in factions that may unbalance the game in favor of the played factions.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old April 28, 2003, 09:51   #63
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
If the Pirates get one or two more votes to overtake Cycon, that would make for a good three team contrast.

I think, if those including me, who voted for Data Angels, Gaians, could revote then it would be the Pirates. Then again there are still a good few days left in this poll, Sinder Roze may pull through yet. Shows you my quandary.
Maybe between the, say 4 or 5 winners of this poll we do another poll with just those 4 or 5 winners with everybody understanding that only the top three will be played by players.

((He who would really like to play as pirates.))

Old April 28, 2003, 09:53   #64
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
MWIA
It's not warmongering, its liberation of the proletariat through the millitary elimination of their oppressing socio-economic-system.

-Jam

Old April 28, 2003, 09:56   #65
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
MWIA
It's not warmongering, its liberation of the proletariat through the millitary elimination of their oppressing socio-economic-system.

-Jam
Whatever - just give me my neurowhip.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 28, 2003, 09:58   #66
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 00:06
/me gives MWIA a brown paper wrapped package under the table.

Don't forget to charge it up fully before you use it

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 28, 2003, 15:01   #67
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 19:06
Personally, I like the idea of 4 Human factions rather than 3 - and I even have a couple of reasons.[list=1][*]Even if the CMN beefs up the AI players (and I think that should be done too), they are generally hopeless against decent players, let alone teams of probably better than decent players. They (the AI factions) end up just providing free bases and other goodies to the lucky humans who happen to be in the right locations. While there are some fun things that can be done with them diplomatically, they are generally boring and not "fair" with their largesse. Therefore, the fewer the better.[*]Since we are talking about a PBEM, there will be various alliances between the factions; if there are only 3 factions, it will of necessity be 2 against 1, which isn't very much fun. 4 or more factions make for more reasonable alliances.[*]The four factions that have been bandied about (Hive, University, Cyborgs and Pirates) sound like a good, balanced set of factions; just 3 of them would seem sort of incomplete.[*]While I would favor the Hive over the Pirates, I'd rather play on the Pirates than see the game with only the other 3.[/list=1]

I hope you are planning to play on transcend.

I saw turnaround times mentioned of 24 hours (per individual team turn) and 1 turn per week (everybody taking their turn in each week). It may take longer - even the second version is only 2 days to take the turn - if we are to have fun with the internal faction dynamics, it might require more time. Also whenever any important negotiations are going on, they would not only need to be discussed between factions, but likely also within factions too. In the beginning things might go quickly (at least once everyone settled into the mechanics and/or delegated single individuals to take the turns without consultation), but it won't be long before things slow down (once everyone meets everyone else).
Old April 28, 2003, 15:16   #68
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:06
Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller
I hope you are planning to play on transcend.
i think that's given, seeing as we crushed the AI so badly last time
as for turnaround, yes, it probably should be increased as the game progresses.

FF - 5 posts in a row? looking to make that last push to emperor i see?
Old April 28, 2003, 15:24   #69
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:06
Yes, FlameFlash, no more five posts in a row. I mean, if this continues, you will have more posts than I have. And I can't let that happen if I want to end up in the Poly Top 100 next Newyear.
Old April 28, 2003, 17:24   #70
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Talking of post-counts, I've finally gone above Lemmy Over halfway to Emperor

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old April 28, 2003, 18:58   #71
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 01:06
Those are quite good arguments Johndmuller, It might make me reconsider:might make us all reconsider.
Old April 28, 2003, 19:31   #72
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
FF - 5 posts in a row? looking to make that last push to emperor i see?
So sue me... do you realize how difficult it is to not hit reply with quote when at work and lacking the time to type all the extra code?

johndmuller

All I can say is: many many thanks.

Old April 29, 2003, 01:17   #73
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:06
to JDM.
Old April 29, 2003, 02:28   #74
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Ditto - let's all reconsider a moment. I voted 3 factions, but I'd change that to a "banana" in retrospect as I'm no longer strongly in favor of one or the other. Indeed

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 29, 2003, 22:41   #75
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

It seems stuck at 25 voters: I hope this isn't going to be the case final total.

But if it is so be it.
Old April 29, 2003, 22:55   #76
FlameFlash
Emperor

Well, remember how many people came in and out of the last game? How many are really active in the CivII, CivIII, and other Demo games?

Old April 30, 2003, 10:21   #77
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 02:06
I dunno. Why dont you tell me?

And how is really active defined? Playing the Turn or Debating or Rp'ing?
Old April 30, 2003, 12:05   #78
Hercules
Deity

Main Brain

Quote:
And how is really active defined? Playing the Turn or Debating or Rp'ing?
I suppose Debating, Rp'ing and voting if you're a lurker.

Even lurkers contribute from time to time with sensible views
Old April 30, 2003, 12:08   #79
FlameFlash
Emperor

So, are we basically set now for a four-team game?

Has anybody PMed MarkG to ask about getting those private forums set up within these?

Old April 30, 2003, 14:41   #80
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i dont think so, but we can wait a while. we first need a sign up thread for each faction, and for that number of players poll to end

EDIT: that poll has ended. what do we need now, just a rules and difficulty poll?

Last edited by Method; April 30, 2003 at 15:18.
Old April 30, 2003, 22:35   #81
FlameFlash
Emperor

I think so, TKG.

Old May 3, 2003, 14:35   #82
Alex
Emperor

Seems like I'm late for the vote, but in any case I'd vote for UoP.