Old July 5, 2003, 23:22   #61
chris1
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oh must be only me then cause i got nuked twice by the AI, when i was china and scotland nuked me,

If yu want the AI to hate you simply to what i did use spies to steal things i found this works wonderfully particulary on aggressive Ais also try having an aggressive AI next door and see what happens
Old July 6, 2003, 12:07   #62
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:10
Well in ApolytonPack I always had the problem that I still was researching communism or something of simular age in the year 2200, and I already stole a lot of techs. So no AI with nukes to nuke me.

Quote:
Originally posted by chris1
Oh must be only me then cause i got nuked twice by the AI, when i was china and scotland nuked me,

If yu want the AI to hate you simply to what i did use spies to steal things i found this works wonderfully particulary on aggressive Ais also try having an aggressive AI next door and see what happens
Unfortunatly we have no idea how the lunch nuke strategy comes into play, obviously it must come into play, otherwise no AI would nuke. However the AI does not nuke if the your regard is over a certain level.

-Martin
Old July 6, 2003, 22:39   #63
chris1
Chieftain

NUkes
on my current which i will be completing shortly i did some experimenting with nukes, i found the AI is more likely to nuke a non-nuclear AI, for example Mexico nuked England destroying one of there citiess, then attacked Scotland twice with nukes,,they don't do nuclear exchanges. I. E full scale nuclear war. just hit and runs. I also found out if you nuke a weak nation and go to war with a nuke capability neighbour, he nukes you.

Interesting you mentioned communism, in the year 2200, how many advances do you give yourself at the start of the game, i do a bout 5 for me and 10 for the AI, I make my own maps as well ever tried putting on barbarian cities? i did not a good idea putting them right next to you.
Old July 7, 2003, 12:55   #64
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Interesting you mentioned communism, in the year 2200, how many advances do you give yourself at the start of the game, i do a bout 5 for me and 10 for the AI, I make my own maps as well ever tried putting on barbarian cities? i did not a good idea putting them right next to you.
Standard random gigantic map with a lot of water in GoodMod for Apolyton Pack, and maybe I got one or two more techs until the end of the game. I don't use self made maps.

-Martin
Old July 8, 2003, 05:09   #65
chris1
Chieftain

i can't stand apolyton maps they always awful i don't know maybe i dont alter the settings enough i never could get the hagn of it. I prefer making my own maps or usins someone elses,

You should try playing on a huge map with more land on it. Also at the very start i suggest you focus heavily on growth rate and expanding your population.

You might find this much better also do you build scientists in your cities? There very usefull. Try building lots of uni and computers etc.

Do you build aristotle lyceum or galleo telescope?
Old July 8, 2003, 05:26   #66
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Quote:
Do you build aristotle lyceum or galleo telescope?
[sorry thread-jack!]
I build them all - i love wonders
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old July 8, 2003, 12:56   #67
ískallin
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 12:10
Growth=population=production=gold=science=world dominaton!!
Old July 10, 2003, 12:28   #68
chris1
Chieftain

indeed
Indeed, i look on the strategy guide for ctp2, they also say to focus totally on growth at the start of game so i would advise you to get, trade and monarchy as soon as possible.

Also build ruins as well.

my biggest problem i think is the AI losing aircraft or never bother making them. The Ai i don't like much, some times they're incredible aggressive others useless as a bowl of petulas.

I prefer having many aggressive AI, near me but not to near i want to have at least 20 turns where i never meet nasty people.

i like having a 3-continents with one island roaming around.

Old July 11, 2003, 13:19   #69
ískallin
Prince

Yea i like agressive Ai's but sometimes(most of the time) they are to damn backstabbing In one such instance one of my "allies" took my capitol after 1000 years of friendship .

But as for the aircraft they do build them (at least in WAW) but they use it so dum(stack it with land units), but they never build bombers.
There's a slic thats lets the ai to update it's orders , by "killing" the orders every other turn(and therefore the ai's airplanes don't run out of fuel)
Old July 11, 2003, 13:40   #70
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 01:10
Aparently Peter Triggs' new mod, "Call to Conquer", makes the AI use Air units alot more effectively, as well as many other enhancements.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=91421
Old July 11, 2003, 13:56   #71
ískallin
Prince

yeah i am bound to test it in near future(but a crappy connections dishartens my from downloading this huge file
Old July 11, 2003, 16:19   #72
chris1
Chieftain

my current game
on my current game the Welsh, signed a peace treaty with me then suddenly started pirating my routes and depositing land units by boat. so i threatened him with war. he refused so i attack, we're currently still at it,

as for the mexico they keep sending the Aircraft carries to attack me, but with no planes in???

everyone else hates me.
Old July 11, 2003, 18:21   #73
tlatoani
Warlord

Local Time: 19:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: my current game
Quote:
as for the mexico they keep sending the Aircraft carries to attack me, but with no planes in???
I know this is a game, but this sound just about right
Old July 12, 2003, 05:46   #74
child of Thor
Emperor

nice one tlatoani! I could think of a few other countries that might do the same.

chris1 - don't worry it's entirely normal for most if not all the other civs to hate you, the Mods for the most part make the AI much more agressive which makes it much harder to actualy stay at peace than be at war with them.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old July 12, 2003, 13:16   #75
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ískallin
Yea i like agressive Ai's but sometimes(most of the time) they are to damn backstabbing In one such instance one of my "allies" took my capitol after 1000 years of friendship .
In unmodded CTP2 it was usually the way around, I made peace with the AI so that I could arm in all silence. And once I was finised I conquered the world.

So the goal of a mod should be to make this strategy as difficuilt as possible.

-Martin
Old July 12, 2003, 21:18   #76
chris1
Chieftain

AI
but it really pissed me off when that happened here i was trying to make a lasting peace agreement as my forces were depleted. but fear not i know have at least 5-8 nukes and i will use them against wales if they don't surrender.

i also took the liberty of actually putting planes in th carriers for good old mexico. and supplying both scotland and mexico with nukes to see if they would use them.
Old July 22, 2003, 06:47   #77
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
That sounds like Cradle or WaW mod?
No, it was a SAP2 game...

Quote:
But i think it would be a good idea in the unmodded/SAP2 game to enable preemptive nuclear strikes for the AI.
I will test Martin's settings along with his New City Capture Options and his BetterAI in my next SAP2 game.
Old August 7, 2003, 11:09   #78
Debauch
Settler

I'm new the the site here, but ive been playin CIV2 and CTP2 for sometime...I have been gettin adapted to changing my game files to accomodate massive worlds with numerous nations. During one of which games wherein i was Thailand, a glorious empire reaching to every end of the earth through combat and noncombat warfare. When peace came between Mongoila and ourselves in 1400's i never expected much out of mongolia, a country that had three other nations rule its original lands for a few centuries. After mongolia, with my assistance, reaquired its original lands mongolia began to thrive. becomeing the second largest military second to myself. They began a war with Thailand and failed miserably, but not without much resistance to my own forces. After my first strike capabilities took out Genghis Khan's main tank forces with tactical nuclear missles (the tank forces residing in cities) pre-determined hit sites were activated by mongolia. missles fired from cities out of my hands into cities on the former border of mongolia-thailand. i was suprised but thought little of it, but then two more missle attacks ahve made me realise mongolia is in this war till the bitter end.

The AI does use nukes.!
Old August 16, 2003, 15:50   #79
chris1
Chieftain

Guys i have a big problem, know i only have an army of 150 were about 3/4 through the modern age, russia has an army of over 400 including 30 cruise missiles. Spain keeps attacking my boats (on an island near me). Ireland and the zulus i can deal with, mexico and russia both have nukes. i can't win i need help. should i use Nukes to wipe my enemies out??
Old August 16, 2003, 17:22   #80
ískallin
Prince

Use them as tactical bombs, use them to blow up stacks and there key cities, but don't whipe them out from the face of the earth(fallout and regard)

It seams like Russia is the biggest threat so you should probably use most of your ground and air forces to defeand the Russian frontier but use all availible Marines, carriers and navy air force on the Spaniards.
(but if Russia is on a another continent you should strife to rule the seas and then it doesn't matter how big there land force is) And if you can get an alliance with Ireland and the zulus (bribe them threaten them whatso ever as long as they are on your side
Old August 17, 2003, 08:23   #81
chris1
Chieftain

But the Zulus loath and hate me, every time i try to get them to like me they hate me even more, as for russia i will do as you suggested.
Old August 19, 2003, 14:56   #82
ískallin
Prince

When you go to war remember this: Never give the enemy time to regroup, you must beat them until they beg for peace, then beat them more
Old August 19, 2003, 15:07   #83
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ískallin
When you go to war remember this: Never give the enemy time to regroup, you must beat them until they beg for peace, then beat them more
This is what I call Diplomacy...

Does someone know if the Nukes or Cruise Missiles are better used by the AI Civs in CtP1 than in CtP2?

I have just read the ReadMe of Celestial Dawn's Apolyton Pack for CtP1 and it is suggesting the AI is able to launch an invasion across the oceans or even to use its planes adequately.
Old August 21, 2003, 15:32   #84
ískallin
Prince

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't now i havent tried CtP1
YES i know that i'm a heathen!