Old April 27, 2003, 21:25   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
September 1941: The German Fasicist Pigs are EVERYWHERE!!
REINFORCEMENTS MOVED UP

Tbilisi to Stavropol Katyusha and 152 mm Arty Both ran out of movement.

Ashkastran Red Army Vet finished trip to Stalingrad and Fortified.

Kirov T-26's arrived and were Fortified in Moscow.

NKVD Trooper Fortified in Tikvin

Vitebsk Fighter from Minsk to Smolensk for rehoming.

Three Rostov Fighters to Stalingrad for rehoming (Just in case)

Refugees moved east from near Ashkatran. Those that were supported by Voroshilovgrad were rehomed to Uralsk.

The Voroshilovgrad supported 152mm Arty in Rostov rehomed to Rostov.

Why were so many units in cities left with movement? Shouldn't they be fortified or moved? Are these the units available for reinforcement?

Also another question. A request was made between front commanders for tanks from Stalingrad to Serofimovich. I saw a T-26 in Sera and two or three in Stalingrad. The T-26's in Stalingrad still had movement and were not fortified. Should I have moved them?

Urals Build Up

T-34 Sverdlosk 250
barracks Orsk 75
barracks Kirov 70
barracks Tashkent 60
Kollectiv Orenburg 100
Kollectiv Kubyshev 100
Kollectiv Vorkuta 110

If I added correctly thats about 665. Under budget, my addition to support the KV-1 Build up!

OK Ill let the German turn roll and record that. EVERYONE let me know if I screwed anything up. German turn in next post.

Last edited by conmcb25; April 27, 2003 at 23:20.
Old April 27, 2003, 21:51   #2
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Will Minsk hold
I'm very nervous, can't wait till you post the turn, we reakon it will hold with 1-2 units barely left!

If not there may be a bit of discention in the cities this turn.

Right now as I post this the german's are probably at the gates of Minsk, thumping away on conmcb's PC

PS units fortifying in cities make no difference to there defensive str which the exception of aircraft I belive?
Old April 27, 2003, 22:06   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Comrade Pavlov (Colwyn)

Minsk fell lots of dissention. Sorry Comrade but the Fascist Pigs are everywhere! What a bunch of w@nkers. (I can speak a little Aussie)

Kiev is still there with 14 units.

I fortified all the units. I didn't know about the doesn't add anything in cities. Hmmm.

Ill get the turn posted within the hour, Lots of typing and right now I have to get my Partisans to bed. (My three boys!)

If you think I did anything stupid let me know. I can replay if necessary. I DONT WANT TO SCREW THIS UP , and Im too old to take criticism personally.

Last edited by conmcb25; April 27, 2003 at 23:22.
Old April 27, 2003, 23:18   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

REPORT FROM THE GERMAN OFFENSIVE

-Finnish Front 4 units lost.
-Fasicists develop Mob Arty (Karls!)
-Enemy Airlift Sofia
-Nikolaev captured: 51 rubles
-Kirovgrad captured: 31 rubles
-Kherson captured: 31 rubles
-Dnepropetrovsk captured:43 rubles
Minsk Captured!-102 rubles
The capture of Minsk results in the loss of Soviet Pragmatism. As a consequence our people have lost faith in the Party!They are turning back to that opium of the people the Orthodox religion!
AGC under FM Von Bock also trap 300.000 faithfull soldiers of the Rodina in the Western Ukraine. This is truely a disaster comrades. It maybe time for a purge! I have many wonderfull vacation retreats for unsuccessfull generals in Siberia!
Numerous high ranking officers have already been brought to Moscow for execution!

Marshall Knapowsky appeals to the Soviet people to rise up and fight the Fascist horde! Civilian populations in city centers begin volunteering for labor Brigades to build ditches, fortifications and anti-tank barriers. Our Kollectivs have assigned over 75% of production to the war effort. Factory Workers are becomming soldiers and the women of the Rodina are becomming Factory Workers! Labor brigades are already formed in many of your Front Command cities, put them to good use or evacuate them to the Urals!

- Large offensive outside of Narva, it holds but many fine soldiers of the Rodina die thwarting this massive attempt to open the roads to Leningrad. (Henrikov must be looking for another medal!

- We discover Mobile Warfare II (KV-1's)! Next tech to research is Advanced flight II. (I saw this somewhere and guessed, before the next time Ill do a poll)

-68 total divisions lost.

-Panic struck: Velikiye Luki, Daugavpils, Kolhm, Gomel, Smoelensk, Kharkov, Demyansk, Voroshiovgrad, Sevastapol, Leningrad and Stalino. Get your cities under control comrades or else!

-Perekop disbanded Fortified position

-We also built A LOT of improvements, mostly Barracks, make sure your cities are set to produce the right stuff for the Rodina!

CONTINUE THE GOOD FIGHT COMRADES!!

(Any constructive criticism on this turn is welcome, Im going to open a Marshalls thread.)
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941sept_marshall.sav (253.7 KB, 9 views)
Old April 27, 2003, 23:48   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

From now on, when Front commanders return the save, please post who has already taken their turn and who has yet to play.

Marshal part 1 (conmcb25) Done
Murmansk (STYOM): Not yet
Baltic (Henrik) Not yet
Northwest (The Anzac): Not yet
Belorussian (colwyn): not yet
1st Ukranian (Shaka Nuldur): not yet
2nd Ukranian (Paul Hanson): not yet
Economic (greeny): not yet
Armaments (curtsibling): not yet
Marshal part2 (conmcb25) Not yet

Note: This is not the exact order of play

Clarifying: Front commanders are responsible for ALL units in their territory save the supply convoys which are under the control of the economic minister once they land in murmansk or any other russian port. This includes refugees and labor brigades. Although I do urge future marshal's to move the refugee convoys away from the front themselves to territory under the control of the armaments minister. My reasoning is that several movement points may remain once the refugees enter the area under the command of the armaments minister. This way the armaments minister has all the refugees in place during his turn without the possibility of missing one that gets moved to him after he has gone that turn.

For position descriptions please see this thread:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=82258

This was H Towers standard request. The only change I would like to propose is I will control refugees, see my Marshall's Bunker thread for discussion. I just think it may work better. Heres the Marshalls Bunker thread:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=84502
Old April 28, 2003, 00:50   #6
Colwyn
Prince

Belrussian Front moves
taken the file
Old April 28, 2003, 02:02   #7
Colwyn
Prince

Minsk has not fallen, only faltered for a day.
Baltic (Henrik) Not yet
Belorussian (colwyn): Completed
Armaments (curtsibling): not yet

My turn posted.

Who said Minsk Fell Marshal, they lie! send them to the gulags the germans only took our wonder but we got it back.

See Belorussian thread for details and pics of battle.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941sept.sav (253.7 KB, 5 views)
Old April 28, 2003, 04:07   #8
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 01:19
Taking the file comrades!
Old April 28, 2003, 04:56   #9
curtsibling
staff

ARMAMENT MINISTER REPORT!

Refugees awaiting orders in:
Stalingrad,
Grozny,
Baku,
Orenburg,
Perm,
Orsk,

Many new workers will be ready to perform huge tasks of heroic building when they are transformed to labout after the summer!!!
Our Soviet people are making good their escape to the safety of the rear areas!
Heroic escape efforts of the Armaments Minister prevent massacre of refugees at Velikiye Luki!

Moving labour regiments to Volgda to begin military industry preparations.
Moving labour regiments to Saransk to begin military industry preparations.

Our cities are in order and churning our needed weapons to repel the capitalist/nazi hordes!
I have witnessed awesome defensive efforts at Kiev and Leningrad!

I propose Red Banner Orders be given to several front commanders!

The front is alive with the sounds of warfare!

Long live the Rodina!
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941sept.sav (253.7 KB, 4 views)
Old April 28, 2003, 04:59   #10
curtsibling
staff

To inspire our comrades to great efforts, a message from our glorious Marshall and father of the people!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	theboss.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	43445  
Old April 28, 2003, 08:58   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Armaments and Belorussian Fronts are done who wants to be next? Hurry Comrades the Fasicist Pigs are very Near!
Old April 28, 2003, 08:58   #12
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Taking the file.
Old April 28, 2003, 09:33   #13
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

4 Panzer IIIs and a few wermacht SG killed
One sewer system sold.
Request rush buying of one KV 1 in Narva (becouse for some reason Leningrad has unrest).
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941septbaltic.sav (253.7 KB, 6 views)
Old April 28, 2003, 11:24   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
(becouse for some reason Leningrad has unrest).
Did you not read my dispatches Comrade? It is because we temporarily lost Soviet Pragmatism and then Comrade Pavlov recaptured it.
Old April 28, 2003, 11:27   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Latest status, front Commanders please remember to include this with your post!

Baltic (Henrik) Done
Belorussian (colwyn): Done
Armaments (curtsibling): Done

OK who wants to be next?
Old April 28, 2003, 13:38   #16
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

I won't be able to play until wednesday,
Kiew still with 14 units
I'll have to start a poll about rushbuying a kv-1 there, I made some tests and the city holded one more turn thanks to the kv-1
once I take the file I will start the poll

hopefully I won´t have more problems until the winter comes
Old April 28, 2003, 15:28   #17
Henrik
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Did you not read my dispatches Comrade? It is because we temporarily lost Soviet Pragmatism and then Comrade Pavlov recaptured it.
Could you add an entertainer when finnishing the turn in that case? As I am pretty sure the city will be lost once again (and thus the unrest will return).
Old April 28, 2003, 16:37   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik

Could you add an entertainer when finnishing the turn in that case? As I am pretty sure the city will be lost once again (and thus the unrest will return).
Consider it done Comrade!

To all the rest of the Front Commanders:

We lost Soviet Pragmatism last turn (When Minsk was captured that sent the following cities in Disorder

-Panic struck: Velikiye Luki, Daugavpils, Kolhm, Gomel, Smoelensk, Kharkov, Demyansk, Voroshiovgrad, Sevastapol, Leningrad and Stalino.

However Comrade Pavlov (Colwyn) recaptured Minsk this turn so all these cities maybe in disorder BUT the happiness of Soviet Pragmatism is back so the cities are back to normal happiness but will not clear disorder till next turn.

Now in all probabilty despite Comrade Pavlov's heroic efforts Minsk will fall again next turn. Therefore you should reset some of your population to entertainers unless you want disorder AGAIN next turn. (And you lose the production for a second turn in a row.)

Hopefully this is clear but all the above cities should have at least one and if its a larger city maybe more entertainers.
Old April 28, 2003, 17:49   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

As you can see despite Comrade Pavlov's Heroic efforts Minsk will probably fall again next turn

This is AFTER Colwyn's turn when he recaptured Minsk:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	minsk.gif
Views:	76
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	43482  
Old April 28, 2003, 18:37   #20
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:19
Taking out file...
Old April 28, 2003, 19:06   #21
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

more units moved back. I need KV-1s built in Demyansk and Kalinin ASAP! Nothing spectacular otherwise
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941septnorthwest.sav (253.7 KB, 4 views)
Old April 29, 2003, 00:21   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Latest status, front Commanders please remember to include this with your post!

Baltic (Henrik) Done
Northwest (The Anzac): Done

OK who wants to be next?

WE are waiting for STYOM, Paul Hanson and Shaka said he would play on Wednesday. The turn has been moving very well, lets keep up the good work.

Old April 29, 2003, 14:55   #23
Paul Hanson
King

Signing out the sav.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old April 29, 2003, 15:03   #24
Paul Hanson
King

I've got a few questions. When I get answers, I'll finish off my turn and post the file.

The howitzer and Katyusha near Stavropol; are they mine, or someone elses? If they're mine, can I move them to where I want? If not, forget about it.

Ditto the AA battery in Astrakhan.

Old April 29, 2003, 15:14   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hanson
I've got a few questions. When I get answers, I'll finish off my turn and post the file.

The howitzer and Katyusha near Stavropol; are they mine, or someone elses? If they're mine, can I move them to where I want? If not, forget about it.

Ditto the AA battery in Astrakhan.
The howitzer and Katusha were reinforcements, you can use those for defense of your sector.

I would say the same about the AA in Astrakhan, but you better make sure you hold Rostov or else the Fasicist Pigs will be all over Caucus mountain region. If that happens you will probably be taking a vacation in:
Attached Images:

Old April 29, 2003, 16:11   #26
Paul Hanson
King

OK, thanks.

Old April 29, 2003, 16:18   #27
Paul Hanson
King

Done.

The buildup in Perekop and Rostov continues. NKVD troops have arrived in Rostov to improve the morale of our forces there, while the Red Navy has shipped marines into Perekop, as well as deploying one of their mighty cruisers to provide the heavy firepower our forces will need to crush the fascists!

The deliberate looting and sabotage of state amenities continues in cities along the front. The fascists will find nothing of value in the cities they managed to prise from our grasp, making their gargantuan efforts worthless!
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941sept2ndukrainian.sav (253.7 KB, 5 views)

Old April 29, 2003, 16:19   #28
Paul Hanson
King

Oops, almost forgot:

Baltic (Henrik) Done
Northwest (The Anzac): Done
2nd Ukranian (Paul Hanson): Done

Old April 29, 2003, 17:10   #29
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

conmcb25, I got your PM. Please assign another general to the Murmansk sector - RL intervenes, and I have very slow access to Apolyton's new server

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old April 29, 2003, 17:19   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
conmcb25, I got your PM. Please assign another general to the Murmansk sector - RL intervenes, and I have very slow access to Apolyton's new server
Starting with this turn I assume?