Old April 28, 2003, 18:26   #61
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 00:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Japher

Very cute Tass. Surely you don't wrestle the gun out of your enemies arms, shoot 'em in the knees, then give them back there gun!/QUOTE]

Again, we were at war with the Iraqi people? I thought......
Old April 28, 2003, 18:26   #62
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Arguing with Tass is like slamming your fist into a brick wall. I got a headache now too...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:27   #63
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
(as peacefully as possible).
Hmm......To destroy Iraqi property, well, that just isn't very peaceful is it?
Old April 28, 2003, 18:28   #64
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 17:22
I think its best the U.S. just withdraw all troops immediately and let the U.N. take the heat for this.

There should be U.N. peacekeepers so everyone blames the U.N. for everything that goes wrong, not the U.S.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:28   #65
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Acknowledging Freedom of Expression comes secondary to preserving public order in Iraq right now, since the fighting isn't over, the whereabouts of Hussein are unknown and there is near-anarchy. Until the infrastructure is there to allow such expression without the risk of violence, I think it's understandable to break up such demonstrations (as peacefully as possible).

First post Boris has said I completely agree with...

Tass, quite contradicting yourself.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:28   #66
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Arguing with Tass is like slamming your fist into a brick wall. I got a headache now too...
Yes, but at the end of the day......Your fist is the one thats bloody, and the brick wall is still standing
Old April 28, 2003, 18:29   #67
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
Again, we were at war with the Iraqi people? I thought......
OK Tass why don't you go over there and point out who are THE PEOPLE and who are SADDAM LOYALSISTS, PO'd ARMY LEFTOVERS, TERRORISTS, etc...
Old April 28, 2003, 18:29   #68
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 16:22
Quote:
Read his whole post, you POS. Don't take my words out of context.

I did.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:29   #69
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Yes, but at the end of the day......Your fist is the one thats bloody, and the brick wall is still standing
Until I blasted a hole in it with some dynamite. Your argument has been blown to bits...
Old April 28, 2003, 18:31   #70
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher

OK Tass why don't you go over there and point out who are THE PEOPLE and who are SADDAM LOYALSISTS, PO'd ARMY LEFTOVERS, TERRORISTS, etc...
Terrorist is relative (Bin Laden wasn't a terrorist till he turned on us), POd army leftovers.......Ill give you that.

But I highly doubt they were all army leftovers. And Saddam loyalists are part of the "people" too, just as Clinton or Bush or Mao or Stalin or Hitler or anyleadernamehere loyalists are.

Freedom of Opinion.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:31   #71
Japher
Emperor

Naw, Fez, a stiff wind should blow it over... Tass only addressed the argument I had listed as "Bad Argument" and completely ignored the "Good Argument".
Old April 28, 2003, 18:32   #72
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Until I blasted a hole in it with some dynamite. Your argument has been blown to bits...
But your hand is still the bloody one, Fez In fact, you've simply helped me spread the truth elsewhere with your "dynamite
Old April 28, 2003, 18:33   #73
Japher
Emperor

And, just as in labor union deals, we'll give them all a 6 week cooling down period before discussions are held. A party is not a good way to cool down.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:33   #74
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

But your hand is still the bloody one, Fez In fact, you've simply helped me spread the truth elsewhere with your "dynamite
You are a liar... a complusive liar. If you want to play Iraqi Information Minister, you did a very good job at it. Mr. Sahaf.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:33   #75
Nubclear

OK then:

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
We've got a spitting match here!!!

Good Argument:
IMO after all the problems in Bagdad due to large parties that turned into riots that then lead to Iraq hatred of the US because everything was getting trashed - breaking up the party was a good idea. Good preventative measueres.
And tell the Iraqis (intentionally or not) that "You can't have freedom of expression QUITE YET......."? Would that not cause resentment?

It was fifty people......We should've just allowed it to run its course.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:33   #76
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:

Hmm......To destroy Iraqi property, well, that just isn't very peaceful is it?
It's better than there being deadly violence.

Look, you know my position on the war itself, but now that we're engaged, the number one goal should be to protect the lives of as many people as possible, ours and theirs. Allowing pro-Saddam demonstrations when the war isn't even over is just plain stupid and asking for trouble we don't want.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:34   #77
Nubclear

Quote:

It's better than there being deadly violence.
The article mentions nothing of deadly violence. It was just a celebration, and if someone threw a stone or whatever, then we should come in. We occupy the city, it would be pretty easy.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:35   #78
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 19:22
The Baathist party was clearly engaged in a variety of illegal and immoral activity. It is completely correct to limit support of illegal activity in any society.

Fez's arguments are right on.

Somebody please wake up Tass.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old April 28, 2003, 18:36   #79
Nubclear

Quote:
And, just as in labor union deals, we'll give them all a 6 week cooling down period before discussions are held.
Does that mean we send labor unionists back to their houses not to speak out against us until the six weeks are up? No......

Quote:
You are a liar... a complusive liar. If you want to play Iraqi Information Minister, you did a very good job at it. Mr. Sahaf.
More ad hominems

And I'm simply playing on your metaphor. But your comment obviously tells me I'm doing a good job in my study of the tactics of the Soviet Union, America, and China when it comes to propaganda
Old April 28, 2003, 18:37   #80
Giancarlo
King

Tassadar = Apolyton's [Dis]Information Minister

You are full of propaganda. Maybe you should study more about Sahaf because you are just like him. Your argument is full of holes and BS.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:38   #81
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO1003
The Baathist party was clearly engaged in a variety of illegal and immoral activity. It is completely correct to limit support of illegal activity in any society.
They supported SADDAM HUSSEIN.....They supported a person, not an action. Therefore, they supported no illegal thing.

And even then, millions of Americans support illegal activities within their own country.....Freedom of Speech again.

Quote:
Somebody please wake up Tass.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:39   #82
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Tassadar = Apolyton's [Dis]Information Minister

You are full of propaganda. Maybe you should study more about Sahaf because you are just like him.
I'll do that
Old April 28, 2003, 18:39   #83
Giancarlo
King

You are starting to sound like Jimmy Carter and Fidel Castro at the same time, now Tass... WAKE UP!
Old April 28, 2003, 18:41   #84
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
You are starting to sound like Jimmy Carter and Fidel Castro at the same time, now Tass... WAKE UP!
I'm a dictator yet I'm a nobel-winning peace activist........

Interesting Maybe I should lead Palestine
Old April 28, 2003, 18:43   #85
Giancarlo
King

Tass: Maybe you should lock yourself in a jail cell and throw away the key.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:45   #86
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Tass: Maybe you should lock yourself in a jail cell and throw away the key.
But I'd much rather sit in a compound and be bombed by Israeli shell tanks.....and then become a myartr
Old April 28, 2003, 18:54   #87
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:

But I'd much rather sit in a compound and be bombed by Israeli shell tanks.....and then become a myartr
Well...if you must.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old April 28, 2003, 20:44   #88
Q Classic
Emperor

a pissing contest...

i feel as if my eyes have just stepped in something...
Old April 28, 2003, 20:46   #89
Oerdin
Deity

It looks like the contest is about over since Tass just volinteered to be bombed by the Israeli Army.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 28, 2003, 21:01   #90
Sandman
King

Local Time: 01:22
A silly move by the Americans, but quite understandable, given the heat of the moment. Free speech is not an end in itself, it's way of ensuring responsible government. The Iraqis can say what they want, but it will have no effect on the governing of their country.