Old April 30, 2003, 12:14   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Murmansk Front HQ
News from Sept 41.

-Two German Infantry Killed between Petsamo and Murmansk.
-One Finnish STU III killed outside of Kitela.
-Two Finnish Infantry killed outside of Viipuri
-Two convoys with a total of 4 units (2 each) nearing the choke point North of Norway.

There is a half track between Kandalaksha and Murmansk. I desparately need a KV-1 in Kandalaksha now or else the Murmansk to Viipuri or Tikvin road will fall.

We have two choices comrades either provide KV-1s soon for this front or else we will have to fall back on Archangel. If we fall back on Archangel, Tikvin will be hard to defend, and that could close the road from Archangel! Also if we fall back much needed supplies from the Capitalists will take even longer. See screenshot below for details
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	murmansk sept '41.gif
Views:	237
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	43630  
Old April 30, 2003, 12:16   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

And if you guys dont like my Hypersnap DX photo recon shots tough crap!
Old April 30, 2003, 19:09   #3
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Half tracks are not a problem
As their attack str is weak, they are really only a defensive unit and can be knocked out with Kayusha's or artillery (prefered!)
Old April 30, 2003, 20:36   #4
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Can they even attack? I thought they counted as diplomats.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old April 30, 2003, 21:49   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino
Can they even attack? I thought they counted as diplomats.
They attack which is what Im hoping they do. I dont even want to risk a Katyusha on this half track until its damaged. They are tough buggers to kill.

But it needs to go if the road is to remain open!
Old May 1, 2003, 02:54   #6
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Comrades, the current situation map proves why the Kola should not be held. Note that the road runs parallel to the Finnish border. Note also that the towns along the road are tiny, and are uncapable of producing anything, meaning that every Facist offencive must be met by yet more rush building.

Note also the pure waters of the white sea to the east of the Kola, and the easily secured road running south from Archangel.

Then ask yourself: 'is the Kola road really worth the vast resources which are needed to defend it?'

Comrades: We must give up the Kola.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old May 1, 2003, 07:28   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yop73 is the new Front Commander see this thread:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

Yop73 change your signature and congratulations!

Now make sure I dont have to send you to the Gulag!
Old May 1, 2003, 16:56   #8
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
yop, you have to kill as many finish infantry with your planes as you can

if not we are going to have problems at winter
Old May 5, 2003, 11:29   #9
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Huge victories in the high north, withdrawal in the south ...
In the north, near Murmansk, Soviet planes and ground troops managed to kill all 3 German units that were besieging Murmansk. No losses were suffered.
Russian troops then snapped the road between Petsamo and Murmansk.
A bit to the southwest, a German wehrmacht and a Finnish feldhaubitze were surprised in a daring raid by Soviet I-16 pilots. They were killed.
A Finnish infantery regiment on square (37,21)2 was also killed by Soviet pilots.

In the south of the front, a Soviet T-28 destroyed a Finnish infantery and an unknown unit of the forest square west of Viipuri. A I-16 pilot then attacked the Finnish infantery northwest of Viipuri on the forest square. It is now waiting northwest of Narva for the Baltic commander to crash it into the He-111 stack.
Due to explicit orders by our marshal, Viipuri and Kitela have sent troops to the Baltic theatre. I'll do a list below.

Note to the Baltic commander:
There are 1 KV-1 and 2 T-26 waiting for you on the square with the fortified battery. (don't forget to rehome)

An I-16 is waiting north-west of Narva to be crashed into the He-111 stack.

A machinegun and some red army units are approaching Tikhvin from the north. The don't have any movementpoints left anymore.

Picture below: The north before the Soviet attack.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	beforeattack.gif
Views:	150
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	44126  
Old May 5, 2003, 11:30   #10
yop73
Prince

After the Soviet attack, and with some further reckoning.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	afterattack.gif
Views:	143
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	44127  
Old May 5, 2003, 13:31   #11
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

remember to kill as many finish as possible, if not you are screwed!!!
Old May 5, 2003, 20:14   #12
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Good work comrade Yop
I'm sure you will have a promosing future, the Stavka will keep a eye on your exploits.
Old May 6, 2003, 19:17   #13
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:28
let's see what happens when winter comes...
Old May 6, 2003, 20:14   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
let's see what happens when winter comes...
iIts is going to be tough when those dam Finns start skiing all over the place but Yopov is the sacrificial lamb to save Leningrad.

But I must say what he did this turn certainly knocked the Finns down a notch.

Im keeping my fingers crossed up north this winter!

Good job Yopov!
Old May 9, 2003, 11:26   #15
yop73
Prince

*Nothing special happened during the turn. A German Feldhaubitze and a German wehrmacht unit were killed by Soviet planes and cossacks.
*Near Viipuri, Soviet T-28 tanks have again killed 3 Finnish infantery and south of Kandelashka another one.
*This is a picture of the current status of the front. The cities of Viipuri and Kitela don't have enough defence to get through the winter, since I'm moving all the infantery towards Tikhvin ...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	murmansk.gif
Views:	87
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	44486  
Old May 9, 2003, 11:43   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Sacrifices must be made for the good of the Rodina Comrade!

It wont last long, our program to move our industry to the Urals is in place to begin terrain improvements next turn. Soon we will be cranking out all the weapons we need to crush the Fascist Horde and return to us what is rightfully ours. (And some extra stuff too! )
Old May 9, 2003, 14:43   #17
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
As our convoys draw nearer to port, it may prove to be highly benificial to divert some of our glorious polikarpovs to sub hunting duty.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 9, 2003, 16:35   #18
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

we've lost the cities even rushbuying a kv-1?
Old May 9, 2003, 16:49   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
we've lost the cities even rushbuying a kv-1?
No losses , yet. But the KV-1's along the southern part of the Murmansk to Viiprui Line went to Lenningrad.

Im trying to hold the Lenningrad to Tikvin to Knapovichgrad to Archangel line so when we do get convoys thru they can make it south and to our major cities where they are needed.

With luck we will hold off the Finns this winter north of Leningrad, but I wouldn't plan on it. They move and attack like the devil in the winter!
Old May 9, 2003, 17:12   #20
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I don´t like what we are doing with the murmansk front..
Old May 9, 2003, 17:14   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I don´t like what we are doing with the murmansk front..
Then purge me!

You'll probably have to make that decision soon!
Old May 9, 2003, 17:16   #22
belisariu
Civilization II PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Prince

Local Time: 00:28
Hold Kitela!!!!! rushbuy a KV-1, do it or the germans (and the dangerous finish infantry) can reach archangels, and the concoys will not be able to go towards the south without being destroyed
Old May 9, 2003, 17:19   #23
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

if the karl has movemente zero will be easy to defend leningrad at winter
if we don´t hold at least kitela the road from murmansk to our motherland will be difficult to use, we'll have to move the units to Archangelsk first
Old May 9, 2003, 17:26   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by belisariu
Hold Kitela!!!!! rushbuy a KV-1, do it or the germans (and the dangerous finish infantry) can reach archangels, and the concoys will not be able to go towards the south without being destroyed
You cant hold everywhere comrade! And by the time Kiitela is seiged, and if it get overwhelmed Tikhvin and Knapovich will be built up!

These set backs are only minor. And they are only necessary because the Facist pigs got lucky and took Narva.!

But hey if you all dont like the plan lead a plot to oust me! If you think you can pull it off!
Old May 9, 2003, 17:32   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
if the karl has movemente zero will be easy to defend leningrad at winter
if we don´t hold at least kitela the road from murmansk to our motherland will be difficult to use, we'll have to move the units to Archangelsk first
The road is already cut off comrade, look at the save.

Unless we want to deprive all the other fronts of needed weapons it will be very difficult to do. Sometimes choices have to be made. And thats why Im the Marshall with my Iron will we will eventually reclaim all of the Rodina and utterly destroy the Facists! I will not rest until I raze all of Germany. It will be nothing but a plain of grass. Then we will important some of our Musk Oxen and let those savages start from scratch!

There unprovocked invasion of the Rodina will be avenged! No German will be left alive when I get done with them! And Hitlers head will be impaled upon a stick in Red Square!
Old May 10, 2003, 05:41   #26
yop73
Prince

Why is everybody complaining about what I did with the front???
I moved practically my entire army towards Leningrad in the south, and the north will be held.
I did it because the marchall gave me explicit orders...
Old May 10, 2003, 06:55   #27
yop73
Prince

Gigantic offensive in the North
This month saw a gigantic Soviet offensive in the north. The snow in the Kola peninsula is now red, thanks to the gigantic casualties the Finnish and the Germans suffered.

*Soviet troops destroy Petsamo, killing 3 Wehrmacht SG and 3 unknown units.
*A Finnish infantery killed near Kandalashka.
*4 Finnish infantery and a Feldhaubitze killed near Kitela.
*2 Finnish feldhaubitzes destroyed near Viipuri.

Below: The situation before the Soviet offensive:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	beforeattack.gif
Views:	104
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	44623  
Old May 10, 2003, 06:56   #28
yop73
Prince

And now after the offensive ...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	afterattack.gif
Views:	102
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	44624  
Old May 10, 2003, 07:40   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
Why is everybody complaining about what I did with the front???
I moved practically my entire army towards Leningrad in the south, and the north will be held.
I did it because the marchall gave me explicit orders...
Dont listen to the skeptics Comrade, your defense of this front, and your sacrifice for the greater good has been noted. Plus you are doing pretty darn good even with shipping your troops south!

Your loyalty to the Rodina and the Party will be rewarded. I take care of my loyal Front Commanders!

Keep up the good work Comrade!
Old May 10, 2003, 07:57   #30
yop73
Prince

Thank you, great godlike marchall.
It is an honor to work under your command.