Old May 1, 2003, 00:30   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
October 1941; The Facists Threaten Leningrad!
Most cities put back into order, a few are still in disorder.

NARVA FALLS!-Karl outside of Leningrad only three units left in the city! - 7 rubles

Hmmm, make sure we warm up the huts in the Gulag, they may get full soon!

Minsk falls again-23 rubles
Daugavpils falls-4 rubles
Velikye Luki falls-5 rubles.

47 Total units lost

More info in following posts, I want to get the file to Colwyn who as usual is chomping at the bit!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	leningrad.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	43678  
Old May 1, 2003, 00:32   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

The file:
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941oct_marshall_phase1.sav (253.7 KB, 8 views)
Old May 1, 2003, 00:37   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Panic in:
Poltava
Leningrad-again despite using another entertainer
Stalino

I moved a lot of refugees for Comrade Siblingov BECAUSE he was not rehoming the units. We could have lost refugees! I am beginning to question his party loyalty! If he continues to spend too much time in the Brothels of Moscow then:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	gulag.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	43680  
Old May 1, 2003, 00:45   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Reinforcements:
T-34 to Murmansk
T-26 headed towards Bryansk (Colwyn take over)
Units from Kirov area headed towards Moscow.
Units from southern Caucass headed north.

I reset all the unhappy cities, I placed extra entertainers there. The only place it didn't work was Leningrad (of course, Id be crapping my pants if there was a Karl outside my door as well.)

Demyansk needs to build a barracks asap if that is going to be your hold at all costs line.

There were large battles outside of Narva (of course), Perekop and Kiev. The last two cities held however.

Last edited by conmcb25; May 1, 2003 at 01:16.
Old May 1, 2003, 00:49   #5
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Love it
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
(of course, Id be crapping my pants if there was a Karl outside my door as well.

Hmm leningrad looks like a candidate for NKVD blocking units!
Old May 1, 2003, 01:15   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Im traveling for two days (thursday and Friday)

I maybe be able to post tomorrow night (USA time) but cant guarentee it.

Comrade Pavlov (Colwyn) Im appointing you assistant Marshall. Please keep things moving while Im drinking LOTS of vodka in my Dacha outside Moscow. Please get a PM or email to SIlblingov and Paul Hanson, they seem to be our busiest guys right now,let them know the next turn is up.

Economic's Minister: Id like to see a poll (or polls) on what and where our first Wonder will be built.

Also a poll on what the next tech should be.

We need to discuss somehow what we are going to do if Leningrad falls. If it falls that will mean in all probability an untenable Murmansk to Viipuri Line. And we just spent some big rubles up north.

Do we take the units and try and knock out the Karl? Do we take all the new shiney units and bunker up somewhere? Tikvin? Leningrad?
Lets see what people think. Colwyn could you handle that discussion/poll taking please.

See below for what is currently in Tikvin and there is not a barracks built there yet.

Armaments Minister/Economic Minister and Murmansk Front Commander. What are we going to do if Tikvin now falls and the Archangel road to Cherepovets becomes untenable. Lets think ahead comrades! I spent lots of political capital getting the capitalists to start sending us supplies via the northern route!

And most importantlt have fun while Im gone.

Sincerely

The soon to be intoxicated

Marshall Stefanovich Knapowsky (Notice the spelling Henrikov! )
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	tikvin.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	43686  
Old May 1, 2003, 01:20   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Oh one last thing: H Tower could you sticky this thread and the new Front Threads? And unsticky the Sept turn? Thanks H!

Speaking of which the 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Fronts need threads, please work on that comrades!
Old May 1, 2003, 01:25   #8
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
WTF!? There was atleast 20 units in there!
Old May 1, 2003, 01:31   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
WTF!? There was atleast 20 units in there!
Hmmm, I said the same thing Comrade, maybe you worked a deal with the Facists? It will be tough but you must redeem yourself somehow...........

Old May 1, 2003, 06:10   #10
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Turn played
Details to come in my HQ shortly, apart from knocking off a few german units nearing the salient, moving a few AA's around and re-assigning my labor brigages from the newly contructed minefield it was a limited offensive op this turn.

If the salient holds this month we might have a good chance to hold for Nov the last move before winter!

Marshal part 1 (conmcb25) Done
Murmansk (To be Determined): Not yet
Baltic (Henrik) : Not yet
Northwest (The Anzac): Not yet
Belorussian (colwyn): Done
1st Ukranian (Shaka Nuldur): Not yet
2nd Ukranian (Paul Hanson): Not yet
Economic (greeny): Not yet
Armaments (curtsibling): Not yet
Marshal part2 (conmcb25) Not yet
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941octbelorussian.sav (253.7 KB, 6 views)
Old May 1, 2003, 06:26   #11
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

we are quite likely to lose Leningrad, we will have to make a mayor counter offensive from the Ural region, every single units over there should be sent there to retake the city ASAP, the Siberian regiments are deadly during the winter time
Old May 1, 2003, 06:33   #12
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

things I think we must do
build a barracks at tikvin, demyanks and the think north of yaroslav

with the KV-1 that has the murmansk front we could hold leningrad for a few turns, but I think it is unikely to do it for the whole game
major counter offensive in winter time :doitnow:

kiew will hold a few more turn 5 veteran AA bateries and 1 KV-1, and it didn´t cost a Rubble
Old May 1, 2003, 06:40   #13
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

During winter, the germans will most likely not be very offensive, so you can beef up the defences. There will also appear lots of partizans in the pripyarat marches that will be at your disposition.
Old May 1, 2003, 07:30   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yop ismthe new Murmnsk Front Commander please this this thread:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

Congratulations and Good Luck!

And make sure I dont have to send you to the Gulag!
Old May 2, 2003, 16:38   #15
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

P&P

look at my thread for coments
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941oct1stukrainianfront.sav (253.7 KB, 6 views)
Old May 2, 2003, 16:40   #16
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

Northwest (The Anzac): Not yet
1st Ukranian (Shaka Nuldur): Done
Old May 2, 2003, 16:44   #17
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:31
i just got poly back to work. i would still want to take murmansk front.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old May 2, 2003, 20:24   #18
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:31
Northwest front organizes defenses. Marshall Anzyakov puts out the proposition that maybe units should be diverted from the Northwest, Murmansk, and Byelorussian fronts to defend Leningrad. Purges seem to be looming.....

Northwest (The Anzac): Done
1st Ukranian (Shaka Nuldur): Done
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941octnorthwest.sav (253.7 KB, 9 views)
Old May 2, 2003, 23:56   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Purges seem to be looming.....
Very astute of you comrade!
Old May 3, 2003, 00:57   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Im back. Colwyn thanks for covering for me.

Now Comrades the Lenningrad question.

Henrik is authorized to do what it takes to kill the Karl and save Leningrad.
Yop you are to support Henrik with what he needs from the Murmansk Front.
If Anzac can get that new KV-1 to Leningrad to reinforce that is authorized.
I dont reccomend an airlift, it will probably get intercepted.

Yop this means you will probably need to give up cities.
I want the high value units to make a Beeline for Tikvin in case the defense of Lenningrad fails. Yop keep the Murmansk-Tikvin road open as long as you can to move units to Tikvin. Dont forget to rehome them when you get there. Start selling off improvements in the Kola.

We are giving up the Kola.

We are trying too save Leningrad and kill the Karl.

Last resort is to execute Colwyns plan of building a city in the woods at the Road Junction between Cherpovits/Tikvin/ Archangel. And make that a bunker if we lose even Tikvin.

Good luck Im not going to tell you all what to do exactly, thats what I pay Front Commanders big rubbles for. You have my general intent now execute a plan and fight the good fight. Is this clear enough? Good Luck!

Yop/Anzac and Henrik have to work together on this one. The Rodina is counting on you!
Old May 3, 2003, 13:00   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Who is next?
Can Comrade Paul Hanson and Comrade Siblingov play soon while Comrade Yopsky and Comrade henrikov are working out the details to save Leningrad?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2003, 13:33   #22
Paul Hanson
King

Signing out the sav.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old May 4, 2003, 07:18   #23
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Taking the save after Paul is done...Waiting!
Old May 4, 2003, 14:33   #24
Paul Hanson
King

And I'm done.

Nothing much to report from the southern Ukraine. The fascists continue to gain ground, but this only lures them into a false sense of security!

Rushbuild requests:

Motorized Infantry in Kerch
Motorized Infantry in Krasnodar
Cossack Cavalry in Kotelnikovo
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941oct2ndukrainian.sav (253.7 KB, 4 views)

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old May 4, 2003, 15:51   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Siblingov, you need to get out of the Brothels and come back!

And dont forget this from one of my earlier posts:

"I moved a lot of refugees for Comrade Siblingov BECAUSE he was not rehoming the units. We could have lost refugees! I am beginning to question his party loyalty! If he continues to spend too much time in the Brothels of Moscow then: (Off to the Gulag of course!)"

So make sure those refugees get rehomed as you move them to there final destination. Several of them are from cities that may soon fall into the hands of the Facists! (Only temporarily of course)
Old May 5, 2003, 10:50   #26
yop73
Prince

Signing out the save.
Old May 5, 2003, 11:16   #27
yop73
Prince

Here is the save. For details, see my forum.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1941octmurmansk.sav (253.7 KB, 4 views)
Old May 5, 2003, 12:51   #28
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 19:31
Quote:
Originally posted by curtsibling
Taking the save after Paul is done...Waiting!

That's not the way it should work! It should be the first person that is able to take it after the save is returned!
Old May 5, 2003, 13:33   #29
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

curtsilbing's post was the one after paul said he was signing out the file
he did it right
Old May 5, 2003, 15:59   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

That's not the way it should work! It should be the first person that is able to take it after the save is returned!
H, what he meant was as soon as Paul returned it he would play. I sent him a reminder PM last saturday I believe and he was responding to that.

Speaking of which:

Siblingov, where are you?????????? Siblingov where are you?????????? Siblingov where are you????????

Just a little reminder!

Last edited by conmcb25; May 6, 2003 at 07:03.