Old May 1, 2003, 11:14   #31
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 09:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I take it you've seen or read "American Psycho" Asher.

I'll endorse the Mach III razor as well. There really isn't any point in buying any other one.
Old May 1, 2003, 11:31   #32
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Being blessed with naturally good skin, I don't have much to recommend. I use a basic moisturizer lotion on my hands/arms/face during the winter months when combatting the dry indoor heat, but that's it.

Avoid bar soap whenever possible, opt for liquid soaps with moisturizers. The scrubby shower sponges are good.

I use the Mach 3 as well, it's terrific. I use Edge shaving gel, because Gillette always irritates me a little. Why would any self-respecting man use an electric razor, anyway?
Old May 1, 2003, 11:32   #33
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 20:32
Mach 3 is great. They sent me one around my 18th birthday. How they knew it was my birthday I have no idea...wish they'd send me new razorblades every year though. They aren't very cheap.
Old May 1, 2003, 11:47   #34
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 19:32
Count me in as another Mach III user. In the shower also. While I like the Mach III a lot, since it is the ultimate SAFTEY razor, and as a result sometimes slides over short coarse hair (no old people jokes please)

I'm surprised at how many posters here use one. Did you all get one free in the mail?

RAH
Old May 1, 2003, 11:50   #35
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:32
The Mach 3 does really well on my sensitive skin... I shave with it normally...

A latest photo of me: click here

Quote:
(no old people jokes please)
Hahhaha.. you old fart.. Kidding..
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 1, 2003, 12:17   #36
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 08:32
Re: Exfoliating, moisturizer, and other gay stuff
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Some people have told me a good place to start is to exfoliate the skin, or to unclog pores, using something like an Apricot Scrub. If you buy the cheap stuff, where you can actually see chunks of apricot, this is actually bad for your skin! So beware.
I use the Body Shop Pineapple Scrub. Very nice and smooth. None of those dreaded additives, either.

Quote:
I'm also looking at moisturizers, and someone also mentioned something called "toner" which I have no clue what it is.
Toner is stuff that tighten up your skin. I don't use it. I don't use moisturisers either, except on my hands in the winter.

Quote:
What else can/should I do?
Get a pair of tweezers to remove unwanted facial hair. Get a pair of special scissors to remove excess nostril hair.

Use soap without any of that fragrance. You don't want anti-bacterial stuff either it just produces tougher bugs on your skin. The mildly acidic (pH 5.5 etc.) liquid soap is good.

Quote:
Also, bar-soap is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD for the face!
Yup. Could have told you.

Quote:
Believe it or not, I posted this entire thread without lisping once or flapping my wrist!
Me neither. Than again, I am not a homosexual.
Old May 1, 2003, 12:36   #37
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 20:32
They sent me one when I turned 17. I didn't complain.

But yeah, they are sweet.
Old May 1, 2003, 13:18   #38
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 01:32
If you have dry skin, use a non-foaming gel to shave with (such as "King of Shaves") and don't use aftershave.

Nivea's range is excellent all round.

Always, always, shave with the grain.

Lazarus and the Ponce.
Old May 1, 2003, 13:26   #39
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

A thread about exfoliants etc. What can I say, the end of the title says it all. Maybe I should get my mum online to help y'all.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old May 1, 2003, 13:33   #40
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Damn. If I gave Spencer the response that just popped into my head I'd get banned for at least a fortnight.
Old May 1, 2003, 14:21   #41
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 00:32
I work for Estée Lauder and i still have no idea what 90% of this crap is for. I may know who it's for (Batty old ladies), just not why
Old May 1, 2003, 14:49   #42
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 09:32
You're all bloody American Psychos. This is frightening.

Old May 1, 2003, 15:18   #43
SpencerH
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Damn. If I gave Spencer the response that just popped into my head I'd get banned for at least a fortnight.
PM it to me I need a laugh
Old May 1, 2003, 15:22   #44
Oerdin
Deity

I use the Mach3 in the shower but for fine detail work, like shaving the bottom of my sideburns or getting hair the Mach3 missed, I use an old fashioned metal razor holder which you have to actually load a razorblade in.

I just always thought it was more mucho to shave 1930s style.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 1, 2003, 15:39   #45
SpencerH
Emperor

If you want macho, why not try a straight razor ?
Old May 1, 2003, 15:52   #46
Oerdin
Deity

I said I wanted macho not suicidul!
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 1, 2003, 16:53   #47
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:32
Mach 3.
Edge Gel
Neutrogena Facial Soap. ( for oily skin , and esp. under the sun, Frankychan seems to understand it well, as we're both facing similar conditions. )

I don't think one has, or even should do more. Any other stuff is high maintenance, and if you skip it just once, the natural microbiotic balance of the skin is gone, and it will turn into a "hell on earth"/ "moon landscape". This is my personal experience, anyway.
Old May 1, 2003, 16:58   #48
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:32
What gel do you guys recommend for my sensitive skin?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 1, 2003, 17:00   #49
Az
Emperor

I can just recommend Edge. It's perfect for me.
Old May 1, 2003, 17:11   #50
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Like Boris, I'm blessed with naturally good skin. And cause I'm like a gadzillion years younger, I'll still have it while he's combatting his wrinkles getting wrinkles. I just use a standard moisturiser once or twice a day. Now that summer's coming, I'm planning on mixing in a bit of medium strength sunblock to keep all those nasty UV-A and UV-B rays out. One day I'm gonna treat myself and buy a full out Body Shop skin care kit. Maybe some bath oils too. Oooh, and blue contacts lenses cause I can so see myself in blue.

Mach III rulez.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old May 1, 2003, 17:13   #51
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 18:32
Don't you have some hideous facial hair?
Old May 1, 2003, 17:27   #52
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Like Boris, I'm blessed with naturally good skin. And cause I'm like a gadzillion years younger, I'll still have it while he's combatting his wrinkles getting wrinkles.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old May 1, 2003, 17:31   #53
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Fight? With his last hip replacement? Honey, I'm amazed that Boris smookiepie can still walk. Besides, one punch and he'd be on his back. It doesn't even take as much as a punch to normally get him like that....
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old May 1, 2003, 17:43   #54
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Ok guys Barley's coming out (no im not gay).

Well any way, back to coming out.

I use........

L'oreal 'Revitalift', this is for at night for reducing wrinkles.

Olay 'energising moisture fluid', this is for the evening for reducing wrinkles

(both of the above a partial toners)

In the day I use Olay 'touch' -this is a smoothing moisturiser.

I cant profess to know much about this stuff but my girlfriend keeps moaning ive got wrinkles so thought id give it a go. until I was 30 I used to look very youthful (often mistaken for early 20's) all of a sudden - wammo, my face started to look like an armpit.

Oh yea I know im vain.

PS. dont smoke, I do and its f*c*ed up my skin.
Old May 1, 2003, 17:51   #55
Az
Emperor

Revitalift, in the early/middle 30s?

probably smoking, but still...

Starchild.
Old May 1, 2003, 18:09   #56
Q Classic
Emperor

if you have to spend more than $5 on body-cleaning material, you're spending too much money.

cheapo shampoo will do fine for cleaning your hair. so will bar soap for the rest of you. to defoliate or exfoliate, use a rough cloth or even a pumice rock you bought at the museum.

moisturizer? carry a bottle of water around and douse yourself whenever you feel dry.
Old May 1, 2003, 18:13   #57
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 18:32
Cheap shampoo is not fine for cleaning the hair...

I didn't know better until last year, I'd always used cheap stuff like Pert Plus or Pantene Pro-V.

One day the girl cutting my hair said, "You must use Pantane or something, right?"

She recommended some Biolage Shampoo and Biolage Conditioner (Hydrating and Fortifying I think) and I used that, and within a couple weeks my hair felt so much better. It was waaaay less frizzy and dry, it had more "movement" (in that it fell naturally and stuff), and looked shinier and overall much more healthy.

I could never go back to cheap shampoo again.
Old May 1, 2003, 18:15   #58
Az
Emperor

Hmm, so that's why my hair is so thin?

Damn you Pantene!
Old May 1, 2003, 18:16   #59
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

hahahaha as a hetero I sure am faggier than you

Shopping...
Drugs...
Facial Care...

I know it all!!!

You don't have to go overboard to have a nice complexion though. Here are some basics I follow

-Neutrogena makes an absolutely fabulous mild soap bar, believe it or not (Unscented, scented products almost always aggravate your skin to some degree). This isn't some hydrochloride Ivory type bleach bar that will chap your face to a sand flat, but if you're still weary - go for the neutrogena oil free face wash (a little gayer)
-Clinique "moisture in control" facial moisturizer. At 35$ for something a little bigger than a nail polish container, a little dab goes a long way. It is a fit choice if your skin ever has even a tiny bit of noticeable oil, if you're rather dry then try Clinique's "dramatically different" facial moisturizer (the classic light yellow cube). Both of these products are scent free as all of Clinique's
-Exfoliatior? That's pretty queer, man. Again, I'd trust the girls at the Clinique counter though... top of the game, but be ready to pay for it!
-Water, water, WATER! Always have a bottle on hand at school, to refill - and drink around 6-7 glasses a day. Refill repeatedly, piss like a girl, who cares. Water is the easiest and least complicated treasure for your face!
-Salmon & Fish Oil 1000mg caps, 1 for every meal. An old gf who was the school's absolute knock-out shared with me this secret, and believe me it will have your whole body looking like velvet and ready to be ass-sexed on QAF!

...and HAVE FUN! Results come in under a week, and it keeps getting better and better as girls look at you as if you're a Bavarian model and self defeated guys keep trying to pick fights with you at the Den until you put a cigarette out on one of their wrists and throw a chair at a wall as a diversion to run away, only to find th
Old May 1, 2003, 18:16   #60
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild
Like Boris, I'm blessed with naturally good skin. And cause I'm like a gadzillion years younger, I'll still have it while he's combatting his wrinkles getting wrinkles.
Looks like someone has slipped into senility rather early, don't it?

And I couldn't get Starchild on his back so easily, no, but that's because I don't have any $20s on me at the moment.