Old December 24, 2000, 14:23   #1
Alisia
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Just wondering about RP
Hia. As you can see by the number of posts I got, I'm new here...

A friend of mine more or less send me here. He used to participate in RolePlaying in the Alpha Centauri universe. Well, I have played the game too, and would love to do something like that. But, after looking around, I noticed that there isnt any more roleplaying around... Well, as far as I can see

So, does anyone know if there is still something like that going on? And, if not, is anyone interested in doing something like that?

Alisia
Alisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2000, 14:59   #2
[LordLMP]

Well, there is the Chiron Chronicles game going on. Not exactly character only RPG, but more like you run a whole society, a faction.

At the moment, the Morganites, the Believers, the Free Drones, the Cult and the Hive are available. Can also play a sub-faction group within already player controlled faction too. More like Diplomacy like game. Like playing the game in text form, just more detailed, realistic and can many actions within one game year Currently having a break until January 2nd i guess, since it is a bit slow at the moment, with the holidays and all. Also time for me to reorganize the game a bit and setup proper game year by game year summaries. You have SMAX? Because i made a map for the game, but only works with SMAX.

-LordLMP
Old December 25, 2000, 14:49   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Cyborgs may be open, depending on whether XWaste does not have enough time???

Perhaps he can respond here and enlighten us...

He was a good author, but he seems to have less time now

-
If anyone is interested perhaps we could start up an 'ordinary people' role-playing game in SMAC.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2000, 06:43   #4
Alisia
Chieftain

DarkCloud! I remember your name from somwhere... Hmmm... Did you post at the old AC forum?

Anyway, I only have the original AC, but I am familiar with the factions. Too bad the nicest factions are already taken. I really like the Gaians and the Data Angels. Perhaps I could be an assistant of one of these groups? Or, if the cyborgs are open again, I'd be happy to play their role
Old December 31, 2000, 15:27   #5
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I may know you from Sidgames?
which Alpha Centauri fourms? there were many...

XWaste may or may not want to split the cyborgs; perhaps he will respond and we will know,

I'm sure you could double up with someone such as the Gaians, etc ; or even the University.

Remember- Morgan,Hive,Believers are still open.
Old December 31, 2000, 18:49   #6
Argonaut
Prince

I'd be willing to give up the Data Angels. I'm moving soon and don't know what I will have in the way of internet yet. Besides, if all works out, I can pick up with one of the unused factions and write from a new perspective. Could be fun. Anyways, let me know.

------------------
Argo
"People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
-Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2001, 00:50   #7
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:31
Sorry to see you go, Agronaut.
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2001, 14:12   #8
DarkCloud
staff

Well- I could know you from the old
CompUSA BBS? or Columbia Spitfire or the House of Keys.

Goodbye Argonaut- thank you for all of your good writings, I wish you good luck in your new home.
Old January 1, 2001, 14:31   #9
Alisia
Chieftain

I am talking about the real AC forum. There was an RP thread there too, in the Faction area. Heh, that was fun... Anyway, I think I remember you from there. My name was Natalia. Or do you remember someone named Ronin? It could be that he told me about you. Cant really remember, 'cept that it had to do with the AC roleplaying...

Hmmm... I could also join up with the University. Heh. Zakharovs girlfriend?
Old January 1, 2001, 18:07   #10
Argonaut
Prince

Well, this isn't a permanent goodbye. I could have a new connection set up in a week. I just don't know how long I'm going to be gone, and I figured it would keep you guys covered while I was gone. Besides, the more authors the better. We've got a lot of faction holes to fill and I more then willing to pick up on another one. Anyways, I'll hopefuly be back soon. Worse case scenario, I can always keep on reading when I come home to my parents place.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2001, 17:31   #11
DarkCloud
staff

Ah, yes I know Ronin_54 from sidgames, does he still post there?

I'm not sure I remember anyone named Natalia; I did most of my Sidgames posting from July 17-August 1 2000.

Okay, well good luck with your life and I wish you can write still- but I wish you only what you want Argonaut, for the short time you will be gone you will be missed...

-D.C.
Old January 3, 2001, 08:50   #12
Alisia
Chieftain

He isnt posting anywhere as far as I know. I could ask him to come here though?

What is your faction btw?
Old January 3, 2001, 12:38   #13
XWaste
Prince

As much as I hate to relinquish the Cyborgs....I've just started a new job and am probably going to be too busy to contribute for a least a month until I get my timetable stabalised

So the Cyborgs are open - if anyone wants them email me xxx@adelaide.on.net and I'll post over some notes and stuff for what I had planned in the future and what some of my posts where leading to ect.

Hopefully I will be able to come back I like Argonauts idea of starting again should I hopefully be able to play again - if all the factions get taken then I'll just make a new one
XWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2001, 16:26   #14
DarkCloud
staff

XWaste, if all the factions get taken, You could take onefrom The Network Node's factions at http://www.civgaming.net

Alisia- hmm.. having Ronin here would be good, perhaps he would join in the game as the Hive? I think he liked that faction.

My faction is the University.