Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
and another one

Hey DarkCloud..all hail the king baby...just noticed
XWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2000, 22:02   #63
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Thank you, and as I see- you have just become a Prince, congratulations.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2000, 17:08   #64
Clear Skies
Prince

Is there a position free?
Can we write as individuals rather than as de facto faction leaders? As in the 'working person's' perspective?
If there is a spot free, I wouldn't mind being a subordinate in the Cybernetic Consciousness (preferred) or the Data Angels - only if it's possible.
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2000, 18:01   #65
XWaste
Prince

There's a Data Angel agent called ReZon@ance that could be a possibility, if Argonaut didn't mind.

I would recommend taking on a faction leader though as the main focus of the game is the diplomacy between the leaders - it would allow you to slip into the story easier.

If you want to play someone from the Consciousness then send me your email address and I'll send you some ideas and what I have planned for the future etc
Old December 12, 2000, 21:12   #66
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Current Free postitions include:

Gaians
Hive
Believers
Usurpers/Progenitors
Cult of Planet
others...
Old December 12, 2000, 21:14   #67
DarkCloud
staff

Welcome

LordLMP and Myself are the Co-Mods
Old December 12, 2000, 23:11   #68
[LordLMP]

Yep Yep

We would rather if you could take one of the non controlled factions... but what you suggest is okay. This is diplomacy/war and so on. can play a person or a group of people within another faction.

Pirates are opened aswell for that kind of thing...i have left room for a group against Svensgaard and that rather see the faction become real pirates of seas than the peaceful tradings ways at the moment.

The Middle continent is more of a political civilize theater, the eastern continent more of an barbaric warfare theater and so on and the western continent more of a mystic religious theater.

If we do end up having the Proginators, Usurpers be more suitable to crash land at the eastern continent and the Caretaker's at the western Continent.

Works well Oh, there is room for sub-factions i guess, but not exactly new full fledge custom factions thought.

Darcloud, yes University may end up being in contact with the pirates, but they must be discovered thought, which i leave to you think up the story. Pirates can't hide forever really, especially being in contact with Conciousness, Data Angels and Peacekeepers and being the host of the Trade Alliance.
Old December 13, 2000, 12:02   #69
Clear Skies
Prince

Sure, I don't mind taking on the Gaians.
Anything in particular I have to know?
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2000, 18:03   #70
[LordLMP]

Not really, i pretty much described what they were up to in the story thread. And there is the Antimind brewing up by Christine involving the ruins, where Song of Planet is....

Do you have SMAX?

-LordLMP
Old December 13, 2000, 19:27   #71
DarkCloud
staff

Oh, we know about the pirates (secret supplies), but we haven't really been introduced formally, perhaps Planetmind can do so through the new leader-- soon

The speed of the game should pick up with months going by in days soon.
Old December 13, 2000, 22:40   #72
[LordLMP]

True, but there is the Nautilus Battle Dragons ny the University Border...still disguise as cyborg Units. Also the people at Inspiration Point, which they would know more of the pirates now with their Merchant Foils showing up and the Dragons before that.

the group was involved in supplying University is still around....

Svensgaard will only reply formally, not one to comm first. that would be hypocrisy, since he approved a ban on communication University.

I agree, we should speed game back to normal. Like, look at all the techs researched so far! and Pirates already researching Industrial Automation and its only 2122! so one year equals too 10 days... 2123 starting Dec 21st.

will only slow down for special events like the trial.

Old December 14, 2000, 00:45   #73
XWaste
Prince

Any chance of getting the summary/timeline updated then...I have to admit I am kinda confused as to where we are...I can start dating my posts again once I work out how time is flowing again
Old December 18, 2000, 23:12   #74
[LordLMP]

Okay, i know i said i would have map up last over a week ago... but still having trouble. Does anyone ever used Yahoo Composer? Does anyone know how to put up a Zip file people can download?

-LordLMP
Old December 23, 2000, 17:55   #75
XWaste
Prince

What does everyone say to taking a weeks break or so over the holidays ans say starting again on the 2nd of jan 2001?

might help us refresh a little

happy holidays all
Old December 26, 2000, 15:24   #76
DarkCloud
staff

Well the way time is working now is, never take much more than 2 months, and just keep within reasonable boundaries with your time.

The timeline could be updated, but it will take me a while to fix it up.

The Player list 1-1-2000
-
DarkCloud- University (Moderator)
Lord LMP- Pirates (Moderator)
XWaste- Cyborgs
Argonaut- Data Angels
SMAC Fanatic- Gaians
Christantine the Great- Planetmind
Cyber- Spartans
the Diplomat- Peacekeepers

-
The last 2 are question marks?
Old January 3, 2001, 12:53   #77
XWaste
Prince

This is to let everyone know that I wont be able to play for an indefinat period of time

I'm really sorry to have to do this...I have been enjoying this game but I have just started a new job which is going to be very time consuming. Hopefully in a month or so...once I have got my timetable sorted out and have cleaned up the mess I have been left from the last manager I will be able to start again.

I have also posted in the thread asking about Roleplaying here, indicating that the Cyborgs are open now to anyone that wants them. Just email me at xxx@adelaide.on.net and I will mail the notes I have for the cyborgs.

I'll still keep reading...
Old January 7, 2001, 20:40   #78
Argonaut
Prince

Hey all, I got it up and working! So lets get this going!

------------------
Argo
"People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
-Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote