Old May 4, 2003, 22:58   #1
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 00:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
new game?
greetings looking for a play by email game don't have the expansion. Any takers? Settings are negotiable only serious players (had wayyy to many games die) need apply.

Thanks

Daniel Cole (some of you may remember me from the begining of the spartan chronicles--ran the subs for a bit)

dacole@wfubmc.edu
Old May 5, 2003, 17:18   #2
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 20:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hello dacole,
well, either my games are dead, lethargic now that its Spring, or else on hold, so I'm up for another game. As far as settings, why it doesn't matter much. I'll take Hive or Uni's. Also, if your interested in signing up for something more organized, why check out here .

D
Old May 6, 2003, 01:10   #3
GeminiRai
ACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 16:46

I wanna play!
I wanna!

I'll be either uni or gaia or hive or sparta or morgan or peacekeepers or even believers maybe that would be fun! I wanna play!

Serious!
Old May 6, 2003, 22:01   #4
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Hello GemeniRai!
Glad to have you on board! btw, whats your experience with SMAC? Reason I am asking is that if dacole is claiming to have been involved in The Spartan Chronicles, then he's no lightweight, and I have about 18 months exerience playing PBEM's myself. FYI.
Also, since we now have 3 players, then we might want to start forming up our preferences for this game. Any input here? From my perspective, 4 is usually enough players for a game, so I'd say once we get one more, then that should be enough, eh?
Any other input?

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 7, 2003, 05:24   #5
GeminiRai
Settler

Well I haven't been playing that long, but I've done a fair bit of research on tactics/whatnot and have gotten in some practice too, and recently managed to transcend with the believers on Thinker level, holding off constant attacks all the while.

This is my first PBEM though, and I'm quite looking forward to it as in SP I tend to use turns like popcorn, and am enthusiastic about being able to put much more value into every individual turn and take everything into account with every decision I make and hopefully play a much better game.

As for the options I'd be willing to play whatever is decided, and don't really have a strong opinion on what to chose myself. So whatever you decide is fine with me

Last edited by GeminiRai; May 7, 2003 at 05:39.
Old May 7, 2003, 14:12   #6
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

I'd ike to play- hopefully we could up my average of 1.5 turns per game!
Old May 7, 2003, 20:17   #7
GeminiRai
Settler

You want to up your average and I want to lower mine, what a coincidence, would you care to exchange philosophies of life? Or maybe some Tacos, I like tacos.
Old May 8, 2003, 15:43   #8
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Your average is zero, I don't think it can go any lower
Old May 8, 2003, 15:49   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hey Gibs, be nice to him

I'm interested. I'll take the Uni if they're available. I'm no slouch myself BTW.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 8, 2003, 19:48   #10
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
I'm interested. I'll take the Uni if they're available. I'm no slouch myself BTW.

-Jam
Welcome aboard, War of Art!
I haven't heard anything else from dacole since he started this thread, however if he does respond, then maybe I'll bow out (5 is pushing the limits of of good turnage in a PBEM), and become your CMN instead, if you want? Let me know what you think, and we can proceed.
Also, settings? Any input? My thought is:

Transcend
Huge map
Dense Cloud cover
50-70% ocean
Average other stuff
Beefed up AI

Feedback?
Old May 8, 2003, 22:10   #11
mox
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 19:46
if there's any other openings I'm available. I play a turn a day.
Old May 20, 2003, 21:54   #12
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Hey all I'm back Glad to see all the interest that I generated I'll take what ever faction is left I guess (someone please take morgan and believers...god how I hate them one gives a bad name to capitalism the other to religion) only other request is that we use a medium to huge map and have none blind research. Also a CMN would be wonderful!
Old May 21, 2003, 08:54   #13
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Is this game gonna go then? I'm still interested.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 22, 2003, 07:16   #14
Dreifels
Prince

Local Time: 01:46
I'm also free for a new game, if this is closed already, maybe a new one. Prefer SMACX.
(If you don't have it, look at http://1st-euro.com/AC/tools.html (the last file at the bottom)