Old May 5, 2003, 15:19   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Why was ADG's harmless thread closed?
The discussion was here in Other Games.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 5, 2003, 15:32   #2
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:48
[Ming]
This is no democracy.
[/Ming]

I agree with the thread being harmless, but I'm afraid you wont succeed.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old May 5, 2003, 15:33   #3
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:48
It was deleted, not just closed, so I would suggest it was a censurable offence. My guess is that its because it was on the subject of piracy and the admins prefer (understandably) to quash all talk of it rather than face legal trouble.

Either that or someone told an 'old and tired' joke.
Old May 5, 2003, 15:39   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I meant deleted.

And the thread was quite within limits, I thought. There's much worse sitting in the Classic Games forums with links to DL games that ain't even abandonware, let alone freeware.

Any chance of a mod giving an answer? This was quite an interesting discussion thread. Before it dissappeared without a trace.

-Jam
Old May 5, 2003, 15:42   #5
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 02:48
Whatever the official response is, Skanky did it.

Old May 5, 2003, 15:47   #6
Dauphin
Deity

Well the Classic Games forum is pretty dead, the mods probably don't check in there unless someone reports something. The other games forum is fairly active and so reviewed more regularly, and hence action more likely to be taken.
Old May 5, 2003, 16:41   #7
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

I would have thought Ming would PM ADG, at the very least to make sure he didn't repost the thread.
Old May 5, 2003, 16:45   #8
Jamski
Deity

Exactly Spikie - its just not cricket to delete someone's thread without saying who did it, why they did it, and why they shouldn't do it again.

-Jam
Old May 5, 2003, 17:00   #9
Dauphin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
I would have thought Ming would PM ADG, at the very least to make sure he didn't repost the thread.
Who said it was Ming?
Old May 5, 2003, 17:37   #10
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 19:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pirated software is a very touchy subject and any discussion of it is not tolerated here. END OF DISCUSSION. And reading your complaint thread was even more pathetic. You all knew why, but were just making noise and claiming +1s. Deal with it. And who said it was Ming All the mods have had the administrations position clarified to them. If anyone thinks that a post has been overlooked, guess what, it can happen. REPORT IT and it will be dealt with.

RAH
Old May 5, 2003, 17:54   #11
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Crunch
It was deleted, not just closed, so I would suggest it was a censurable offence. My guess is that its because it was on the subject of piracy and the admins prefer (understandably) to quash all talk of it rather than face legal trouble.
Yeah... I did it... and the reason above sums it up nicely.
Old May 5, 2003, 17:59   #12
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

And before you start ANOTHER thread asking where the "where is the thread about where is the thread"...
Don't bother... that was also deleted from the other games forum. That way.. the spammers don't get credit for their posts...

This is the place to ask questions... not in the forum.
Or you can contact a mod or admin. If the thread is gone, there is a reason. You may not agree with it, but action was taken. Starting another thread in the same forum saying "gee, where it is it" isn't the way to deal with it.

So... the question was asked, and answered.

Case Closed.