XWaste
Prince

Local Time: 05:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
***private to Data Angels***

4-1-2119
Message to:
Data Angel Databanks: Data DeCentral

Don't be alarmed...as you have already suspected, the rumours of a cybernetic consciousness are true. The new peace has meant that it is now safe for us to reveal our presence. As a show of good will, and because we share your beliefs about the freedom of information we have transmitted a body of technical knowledge that I believe you to be lacking. This group of discoveries is in the field of Social Pyschology and, among other things, allows you to to incorporate its practices into recreaction facilites to enhance their effectiveness, and therefore reduce the amount of discontent that is sometimes expressed by the populace.

There is much more you can learn from us, and we look forward to trading information with you in the future.

With this transmission comes the frequency to contact us and, especially, our leader Aki Zeta-Five. We have also transmitted the coordinates of our two bases, Alpha Prime and Tau Collective, should you wish to start commerce.

Let this mark the start of a strong friendship, and a further evolution along life's journey.

OOC - you have been gifted with Social Psych

[This message has been edited by XWaste (edited October 03, 2000).]
XWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3, 2000, 18:37   #63
XWaste
Prince

***private to Morgan***

4-1-2119
Message to:
Morgan Databanks: Morgan Industries

Do not be alarmed, as you are probably aware, the rumours of the cybernetic consciousness are true. With this new state of peace that now eists on this continent we feel that it is now safe for us to announce our presence and begin positive interactions withour neighbours.

We are willing to open our market to your enterprises. Our main commodity is information. As a taste, and show of our good will, we are transmitting the necceasry knowledge for you to build your own Network Nodes, and hence greatly increase your own capacities for research. We have very reasonable prices for the many other technologies we possess.

We ae also transmitting a frequency that can be used to contact us and, especially, our leader Aki Zeta-Five. Thee is also the coordinates for our two bases Alpha Prime and Tau Collective.

Let this mark the beginning of a very profitable relationship
Old October 3, 2000, 21:50   #64
Argonaut
Prince

[i] Data Angel Probe Teams download double post!
[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited October 03, 2000).]
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3, 2000, 21:56   #65
Argonaut
Prince

Freedom's Banner
PRIVATE ENCRYPTION
INTERNAL CIRCULATION ONLY
Volume I, Issue 5

Cybernetic Conciousness Announces Presence!

Datajack Roze confirms that a transmission has been recieved from the "legendary" Cybernetic Faction, and their leader, who is known as Prime Function Aki Zeta Five. This raises concern however, to a potentially negative response from the University, who has vehmenatly denied the Cyborg's existance.

Roze plans to communicate with both CEO Morgan, and Prime Function Zeta-Five in order to discuss further plans.

Private Message
To: Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five
CC: CEO Morgan

Prime Function, I send you this message first to thank you for your kind gift. Free flow of information is, in my opinion, a necessity to the survival of human kind on this rocky planet.

I would like to offer you my information on Doctrine: Mobility, in hopes that you might find it useful to you and your people.

But I must also raise my concern. We have established a tentative peace in the region after many years of bloodshed. If I were to announce a Treaty of Friendship with your faction now, Provost Zakharov's University might be quick to turn against me.

My people have no desire for further fighting. We have seen too many loved ones die in our quest for freedom. Therefore, I fear, I need assurance that you and Provost Zakharov have worked out any personal differences.

I do hope that peace can be attained and that all four of our factions can live in peace as we worked to rebuild the shattered remenants of humanity. Planet has enough dangers without us making enemies of each other.

Datajack Sinder Roze
[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited October 03, 2000).]
Old October 3, 2000, 22:09   #66
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Public Announcement By Academian Prokhor Zakharov:
4-3-2119

Some may say that there is a new faction called the 'Cybernetic Conciousness...'

Some may also say that this 'Cybernetic' faction is allying itself with the Data Angels and the Morganites.

If this is true, then I ask that all those involved in this 'treaty' inform the good people of the University of it at once or unnecessary tensions may rise.

For, if such a faction exists then it should rightly be 'assimilated' into the other factions for there is not room enough on this continent and world for four factions.

-Zakharov
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3, 2000, 22:16   #67
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The University Sun-Governor
(published irreguarly)
4-4-2118
Volume 17, Issue 31

Terrorist Activities

The so-called 'Savior of Moon Rock' is under a reward for 500,000 credits after an attempted assassination of the good Academian, Prokhor Zakharov.

When Zakharov was strolling to his car it seems that Daniel Jakhobs-Howell ran up shot five times with a Plasma Rifle.

Luckly all five shots missed the good academian and instead hit his bodyguards.

It is assumed that Jakhobs-Howell is dangerous and still at large, prophecising the death of the University at the hands of the heathen Morganites and Data Angels unless he takes over and commands the forces to 'victory'

-Reporter Nils Ray-Hawkins
Old October 3, 2000, 22:26   #68
Argonaut
Prince

Public Announcement by Datajack Sinder Roze

As leader of the Data Angels, I will confirm that I have been contacted of the leader of the Cybernetic Conciousness, who now styles herself Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five.

While as of yet no official treaty has been signed between our two peoples, I refuse to be bullied into another unecessary war.

Just a few short months ago, it was the Data Angels who were fighting for their survival in a world where there was "not room for three seperate factions". However, differences have been reconciled and all three factions have benefited from our new found friendship. I see no reason that this cannot be the same situation with the Cybernetic Conciousness.

From this point on, the Data Angels are maintaining a strict policy of neutrality in the University-Cyborg conflict. I only pray that a peaceful solution can be found, and hereby offer my services, and the services of my facilities, for negotiation purposes.

Do not assume that neutrality means my people are weak. We still know how to fight, a fact that we have proved in the past. We will defend ourselves, and with the new weapons our researchers are currently developing.

- Roze
Old October 4, 2000, 06:54   #69
XWaste
Prince

***private to university***

Message to Dr. Prokhor Zakharov
From Aki Zeta-Five

Greetings Doctor. I hope this message finds you in good health, if not in friendly disposition. Good Doctor, I had hoped that time would have softened your mood, and made you more acceptable of our situation but I see that is not the case.

It has been eight years since our disagreements. In that time, I hope that you can appreciate that our self-imposed exile was for your benifit. We gave you plenty of time, to not only accept our existence as legitimate, but to realise that we have both the right, and capability, to live separately.

There is not enough room on this continent for a fourth faction? How unlike you to make such a rash statement without any backup of proof. We have existed for eight long years on this continent, and yet I am sure that you have had no shortage of resources to fuel your growth. Exactly how much room does one person need? Would assimilating us decrease the amount of resources each person would use - does our government really take up so much space? More bluntly, you don't even know exactly how BIG this continent is, at least, we haven't seen any of your surveyors in our little part of the world.

We can only assume that your reticence is not based on a scientific analysis of the population capacity of this continent. Rather it is based on your own fears, which you have clung to these eight years.

Each new member that is added to the Consciousness quickly forms very strong bonds to all others. When we where situated in University Base, you were right to fear us, we represented a threat to your power, and if we had stayed, I could have taken your position. That is not an idle boast, but an analysis of the facts and the result that is determined in all simulations. We where a united power base that was not under your direct control. We could have chosen bloody civil war, and won. But we didn't.

War disrupts research, a scenario I am sure we both like to avoid. We chose to spare us all that inefficient use of resources. We chose to humble ourselves, steal out of the cities in the night to avoid confontation, and make a new life for ourselves in the uncharted wilds. Do not ever forget this sacrifice we made for you.

You are an intelligent man good Doctor, it is because of my respect for you that I send this communication, and hope it opens up a dialogue between our two peoples. My respect for you also means that I will not ignore your position. As you can rightly imagine, it is far too dangerous for you, or any of the other factions to simply assimilate us. We will always be united in the Conciousness, and will represent a threat to the political structure of any, or all, governments we would enter into. You only have two real options. That it is to accept us as a separate faction or to exterminate every last one of us.

Let me assure you that to achieve the latter would require such an investment of resources to slow down research for many decades, and the chances of your success are highly unfavourable. We offer peace.

--message breakdown for a short time, then resumes--

Prokhor...we were so close once, I still...it is incorrect that the zeta-five algorithm eliminates emotions, only allows greater control in their regulation...we all still dream though. And my dreams are filled with sorrow for the rift that has grown between us. We could have achieved so much together and now...could it really lead to war? We are not so different, I think perhaps, that is the problem. I almost jeopordised the whole project for you! And now you are angry because I didn't. How could you ask me to give it up, how could you suspect me of treachery? I was urged to take your position and refused, what greater proof of my intentions do you need? I moved everyone away to start anew, without anything, rather than let that happen. Hate me if you must, but please Prokhor, don't exact your retribution on my people, they are blameless in this. All they want is a better life for themselves, the chance to extend themselves beyond the limits that biology imposed. I urge you to recognise us, save everyone from unnecessary conflict

--message end--
Old October 4, 2000, 22:13   #70
DarkCloud
staff

Public Service Message: University
Subject: Research and Development
4-10-2118

Dear Good Citizens of the University,

It is in the best interest in the survival of our group (faction) on this great planet that we no longer trade technologies with the other two factions on this planet; for they have proven roughly unreliable and may trade the technologies to the evil Cyborg faction hiding our in the wasteland to our north and east.

So I ask this of you. Do not discuss or trade technological ideas with those of the other factions. Be friendly when you turn the other factions down but be adamant.

-Zakharov.

"Long live the University!"

Old October 4, 2000, 22:35   #71
DarkCloud
staff

***private to Cyborgs***

To: "Aki Zeta-Five"
Subject: "So You exist..."

So you still exist 'aki.' It would have been good of you to have died years ago, however I will have more enjoyment crushing you now rather than eight long years ago.

The time will come when you expand into ours and others facilites and unity is better than seperatism.

If all the factions are united under one banner then there will be less disagreements. Thus we have no need for another 'sepratist' faction.

There is no need for our surveyors to survey much farther than beyond our present borders, for when we expand we would rather train our people in the setting up of cities than the exploring of land for cities. You of all people should know that it is more efficient for one to train in building than exploring. And still more efficient to train in discovery than in building.

I will not fall for your 'cyborg' rhetoic. I know who and what you are, you 'assimilate' people into your faction unwillingly and make them like it, much like the mythical 'borg' in the ancient Earth-show 'Star-Trek.'

In conclusion, even though we respect some of your beliefs you are inherently wrong and evil. Thus, you must be destroyed

-Zakharov

....Transmission Complete

[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited October 04, 2000).]
Old October 5, 2000, 15:14   #72
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:32
Spartan Newswagon
2-10-2119
Volume 10 issue 33

Peace talks fail

After several days of negotiations, both sides have given up and now there is a uneasy
truce between the two factions.Apparently Colonel Santiago and comissioner Lal almost got into a political fight.

Our leaders angry comments about the meeting were:
Commisioner Lal doesn´t realise the errors in his social structure.Worst of all, he constantly tried to convince me that the peacekeeper social agenda and structure was better than ours.He doesn´t realise that it was done for earth, not for this new planet and its dangers.

The newfound borders have been closed and all units are in ready positions.
.Trade is prohibited completely and no other than high-level diplomatic contact is allowed. Still, no war is imminent.

Some public opinions conserning the peacekeepers

Carol Agherton:
“Weaklings who can´t even defend themselves.Their old ideology doesn´t work on this planet, where the survival of our species isn´t sure.We don´t want to tie ourselves into a sinking boat, now do we?

Yan Gon-Tai:
They aren´t even a threat to us. I recon, if we leave them alone, the worms are going to finish them off.

Gorsk Kabanov:
I say, we attack them and get off with it.That faction doesn´t deserve to exist.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited October 05, 2000).]
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5, 2000, 22:43   #73
[LordLMP]

NAUTILUS SAILOR'S NEWS
5-1-2119

Scouting Expedition leaves the Cyborgs to continue exploration...

The Expedition left Cyborg territory to to continue explore the continent. We are not if Captain Ulrik Svensgaard will be contacting any other factions, which i say we don't and keep to ourselfs, but we are going to locate any more Foreign Bases...especially those "Morgan" like ones. We'll give you more information when we get it....

Can we Trust the Cyborgs?

Cyborgs shouldn't Trusted for many reasons...they have computers attach to their heads which connects them all into one consciouness...like those mechanical guys flying in cubes in the old voyager holovids. They are freaky, but they can make good friends thought...for now anyway. Aki Zeta-Five as agreed not to reveal our Factions to any others aslong as we have a Treaty of Friendship with them. Captain Ulrik Svensgaard is negociating various Trade and Research agreements. Their technologies can be useful, aslong it doesn't involve mechanical implants.

****private to cyborg consciousness****
TO: AKI ZETA-FIVE
5-5-2119

I wonder if you can provide any information on the other factions living on the continent, if you don't mind. Our Recon Rovers our continuing their explorations and want to make sure they don't get themselves in trouble. Thank you

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
Nautilus Pirates

****end of message****
Old October 6, 2000, 04:52   #74
XWaste
Prince

***private to the Pirates***

Message to Ulrik Svensgaard
From Aki Zeta-Five

Greetings, Captain. I trust this message is accompanied by glorious weather this fine Chiron day.

I am very pleased with the way the current discussions are going. In order to be of further aid to you, it would be very gracious of you to answer a few questions.

What is you desire, what are your goals? I'm sorry if these seem personal and perhaps impertinant questions, but we have much we can offer and the best way that we can be of value to you is if we know what is you require.

The Cybernetic Consciousness has few material needs, but I think you would find a good market for many of the minerals you extract from the ocean floor. We can in return provide you with state of the art computer and electronic products.

We have excellent research facilities, and it is in this realm that we excel, as I am sure you can imagine.
We are always willing to share these resources, and in turn, increase our own pool of knowledge.

Now captain, you need not be coy, or shy, in stating your desires. We are not troubled by the human practices of judging others based on illogical and outdated concepts of morality. You have found the genie's lamp, Captain Svensgaard. Make your wishes.

We are happy to provide you with the details of the other factions on this continent. We have very detailed information, including military defences and the like...should you be interested of course.

You may be wondering why we are so eager to please, good Captain. It is a natural human reaction to such seemingly unwarranted generosity. 'What's the catch?' I believe is the popular phrase. I should explain a bit about ourselves in order perhaps to quell some fears.

We have suffered from persecuation for the entirety of our existence. We were forced to flee our homes in the University in order to be able to maintain our standard of living, and our standards. For we are not aggressive by nature, and warfare is very disruptive to research. The sort of people that were attracted to the Consciousness were scientists, people with a deep curiosity for life and everything about it. What our dream is, our goals...are to be able to live free from the concerns that plague biologicals, to be able to expend our energy, as efficiently as possible to the goal of discovering the world, life and all of creation. All we seek are answers, not glory, or power. This may seem banal, I am sure but nevertheless, it is true.

As I said, we have been persecuted for our entire existence. Why we seem so gracious now is exactly because we are. For the first time in our history we have been accepted and not reviled. We are, I believe it would not inaccurate to use the word..eager, to show off so to speak, to prove that our way of life has created enough worth that we can now trade that worth with other groups, equally.

There might be one last fear that you have, one based in bad science fiction stories that have survived from old earth. Let me assure that it is not our goal to convert every human to our way of life. First you must understand that the Zeta-Five program is very complex (of course) and hence in some respects very fragile. We cannot simply force it into someone and expect to achieve a viable cyborg (to use that vulger name) Perhaps this metaphor may help. If you were to force a person who hated the sea onto a boat, not only would they probaly get sea-sick, but they would ***** all the time and be a useless sailor. The same is true for the consciousness, it would not serve our needs at all to have dissenting members, or to have to brain-wash people to cooperate. The Algorithm is only at its most effective when embraced by a willing participate.

I look forward to your next commnication

Aki Zeta-Five
Old October 6, 2000, 18:14   #75
[LordLMP]

****private message to conciousness****
TO: AKI ZETA-FIVE

That is good to hear, but i am not the type to trust anyone, only myself. I have no problems with your faction, just aslong they don't bother my people and get in our way.

As for answering to your questions, we are decicated to a life at sea, exploiting the untold riches of the water. We also rather keep to ourselves and avoid territorial conflicts. We like our freedom and I let my people be themselves.

I am sure our merchants would be glad to trade with your people, and i agree. Will be profitable for both our factions.

The information on the other factions will be very useful, so in exchange, we'll share our knowledge of the seas and the locations of anyother foreign bases we discovered.

May our factions live in peace...

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

****end message****
Old October 7, 2000, 15:30   #76
DarkCloud
staff

The University Sun-Governor
(published irreguarly)
5-1-2118
Volume 17, Issue 40

Daniel Jakhobs-Howell Apprehended!

Earlier today the rogue assassin/dissident Daniel Jakhobs was arrested by University Police after a 24 hour stand-off in the outskirts of University Base.

He will face charges in trial later this week and is expected to spend life in prison for his crimes of terrorism and threating rebellion.

Aki-Zeta Five Will be Conquered

In a press release earlier this day, Academian Prokhor Zakharov has reappropriated all production in University cities to war machines to aid in the destruction of the rogue Cyborgs.

He expects to halt their encroaching hold on Chiron before they become too large to destroy.
Old October 7, 2000, 19:47   #77
Argonaut
Prince

Freedom's Banner
Volume I, Issue 7

Roze Announces New Base Name

The survey results have been tallied, and 10,000 brave citizens have ventured out to settle the new Data Angel base. The results were as follows:

The Sprawl - 14%
Stack Heap - 23%
Shadow Sprawl - 15%

And the winner is: Nettap Complex with a resounding 48% of the votes. The colony pod is to meet up with the scout patrol from Roze Function before making it's way to the new base site.

***Private Message***
To: Aki Zeta-Five c/o Cybernetic Conciousness

I am deeply saddened that conflict could not be resolved between yourself and Provost Zakharov. I am also deeply sadened that I will be unable to assist you in your upcoming struggle. I sympathise with your situation, for I have been there myself. But I cannot condon an action of violence against either side for the sake of my own people.

For the record, there is no quarrel between you and I. I propose a Treaty of Friendship, just as I have sworn with Provost Zakharov. And I still offer my services, and the services of my people to find a diplomatic solution to this conflict.

-Roze
Old October 7, 2000, 21:46   #78
DarkCloud
staff

Private Message
to: Academian Prokhor Zakharov
subject: Back Off

Dear Zakharov,

As you should very well know, I will not easily back of something once I have made my mind up about it. Thus I ask that you reconsider your useless vendetta against the Cyborgs.

The Cyborgs can offer all of us many economic and research opportunities. I hope you will take advantage of them and become allies with these honorable cyborgs. Otherwise there may be war between our two factions.

Congenialy,
CEO Nwandbwe Morgan
Old October 8, 2000, 01:53   #79
XWaste
Prince

Special Address by Aki Zeta-Five

Feature in all major news reports

Greetings fellow inhabitants. It is with great sorrow that I must make the following statement. The University of Planet, under the (mis)guidance of Dr Prokhor Zakharov, have indicated that they will settle for nothing less than the complete and utter annihilation of my people.

This is despite my offer of peace.

The history of my people's persecution at the hands of the University is a long one, and though we have taken great pains to maintain a stance of non-violence, despite the continual attacks, the time may come soon where we will be forced to fight...or to die.

Our kind has an abhorance of violence, it is a highly illogical and inefficient means of conflict resolution. We would not presume to ask our new friends for help in the battles that may ensue. To do so would be to spread the violence further, something I am opposed to doing. Should anyone of our new friends wish to help us, we could not, given the desperation of our situation, refuse. We would reward such help with all that is possible for us to give.

I cannot explain why the University has such a hatred for my kind. They seem to have formed their opinions based completely on a diet of old 'star trek' holovids and created a concept of us that is entirely based in fantasy. Why Dr Zakharov would develop his foreign policy on the overworked imaginations of the paranoid few is a mystery to even my enchanced cognitive functioning. The only other explanation is that the Dr has a hidden agenda.

I offer this recent communique from the University to myself where the Dr states, and I quote

'If all the factions are united under one banner then there will be less disagreements.'

I urge everyone to read the complete message, to see for yourself that I am not taking this out of context. I will not assume to interpret this for everyone, I do not want to be accused of scaremongering for assistance. I sure everyone is capable of gathering just what the good doctor intends, and the real reason for his unwarranted attacks on my people.

I thank everyone for taking the time to listen.

Aki Zeta-Five
Old October 9, 2000, 00:50   #80
[LordLMP]

TO: Aki Zeta-Five

Hmmm, the reasons my faction prefer the seas than the territorial conflicting problems which your faction is having.

My faction do not want to get involve, which means revealing ourselfs to the other factions, but i will notify you if the Recon Rovers i have there notices any foreign units moving towards your territory.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

SUBJECT: Scouting Expedition Reporting
TO: NAUTILUS OF THE SEAS, via Unity Gunboat Unity

Base the maps which the Cyborgs provided us, we near University territory. We shut off our transponders so we won't be identified if we are discovered.

Waiting for Further Orders.

Captain Sierra Binks
2nd Recon Rovers
Scouting Expedition
Old October 9, 2000, 01:25   #81
Cyber
Warlord

Spartan Newswagon
6-35-2119
Volume 24 issue 55

Peacekeepers- a foe or a friend

After months of silence, the discussion about what to do with the peacekeepers has risen again in the Junta.The generals seem to be equally divided, either to attack them or leave them alone. Of cource, Colonel Santiago has the final word, but our leader hasn´t yet announced her oppinion about the matter.

Meanwhile, the old scout rover units have been upgraded in to laser rovers and most of our forces have been moved to the south border. Also, building of command centers in all of our bases has commenced.This could be a preparation for war, still nothing is sure until we get some official information.

-Reporter Jack Kabrovski
Old October 9, 2000, 16:31   #82
Cyber
Warlord

6-37-2119 Public announcement by Colonel Santiago

Good citizens, you have surely noticed that our nation is preparing for war.
It is true, we are going to war.This decicion was bound to come sooner or later.
The Junta has now only one oppinion, war, and I am behind that oppinion.

The reasons are here.We can nolonger watch and witness how the people of the peacekeeping forces are leading themselves into perish, by the false guidance of Commissioner Pravin Lal and his crooneys.That is why this war is neccesary, to help our human brothers and sisters in peril.

.Our forces are much larger than theirs and our soldiers are much more skilled in the art of fighting. Our victory will be swift and decisive.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited October 10, 2000).]
Old October 9, 2000, 20:47   #83
Argonaut
Prince

Freedom's Banner
Volume I, Issue 8

Roze to Remain Neutral

Despite pleas by Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five to support her bid for freedom, Roze has once again stated that the Data Angel army will not move in an act of aggression. Roze made one last plea for peace, once again offering Data DeCentral as a neutral meeting ground. No response has come from either side, and officials are not holding their breaths.

Morgan to Join War?

Rumours abound that CEO Morgan has threatened to side with the Conciousness if Provost Zakharov continues with his path of aggression. If this is the case, it raises doubts as to whether Roze will be able to maintain her neutral stance. With the whole continent at war, and, as far as is known, all of humanity, how long before Roze sees the need to take action?
Old October 9, 2000, 22:34   #84
XWaste
Prince

***private to the Data Angels***

Message to Head Datajack Sinder Roze
From Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

Greetings Roze. I am sending this quick message to show our support for your neutral stance. It takes courage to avoid fighting sometimes, and we would not wish you to waste resources you can ill-afford to waste.

I feel our friendship is a deep one though, and there is still opportunity for you to show support, if it so pleases you. The imposing of trade sanctions and the like is a strong message of your opposition to the University's mad plan for genocide.

I also offer some friendly advice that you increase your own defences. It is my greatest fear that the University is using this vendetta against us as an excuse to build up arms, once they have finished with us, what is this idle army to do?

I am glad to call both you and Morgan friends. I hope for a future where the three of us can enjoy an everlasting peace. Together, who could stand against us?

Aki Zeta-5
Old October 9, 2000, 22:50   #85
XWaste
Prince

***private to the Pirates***

Message to Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
From Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

Greetings Captain. I have had a thought. To protect your factions secrecy, perhaps it would be advisible for your land troops to wear disguises. We can send consciouness uniforms and flags to your units, so that at a distance they look like they are part of my army. This would give you much freedom in your movement, and ensure, should you be spotted, that your identity remains hidden.

-side note- paranoia is a common human trait, you may need to assure some of your soldiers that wearing our uniforms will not secretly implant the Zeta-5 algorithm.

Aki Zeta-5
Old October 9, 2000, 23:13   #86
XWaste
Prince

***private to Morgan***

message to CEO Nwabudike Morgan
from Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

Greetings. We have been gladdened by your recent show of support. Though we abhor violence, and would not want to involve others in our defence by choice, the desperation of our situation does not grant us that choice.

I would like to say though, the common saying that war profits no one, would not be the case for you. Should you facilitate an end to the vendetta that does not see our demise, then I will be willing to grant you ALL of our acquired research to date, as a show of thanks. I believe that the University has much of value, and as we would want Dr Zhakarov for trial in crimes against our people, who would be better to lead them then our venerable saviour?

If you can confirm your involvement soon, then together, we can begin to plan our defence.

Aki-Zeta-5
Old October 9, 2000, 23:29   #87
XWaste
Prince

Consciousness Post

This recent update is to announce to everyone that construction is finished of our new base Gamma Heights. This base is to be a gateway of commerce and friendship to our friends in the north, the Data Angels and the Morganites. This base is situated near the fertile and mineral rich Garland Crater, and there is much attractive land here currently on offere for development.

On other news, Aki Zeta-5 has announced that, if her protection can be assured, then she will travel to Data DeCentral to engage in diplomatic talks with Dr Zhakarov of the University. This is, of course, should the Doctor agree as well. Our leader sees little chance of Zhakarov agreeing though. It seems that war is a our current prospect for the future.

OOC - Gamma heights is at coordinates 45, 67...for people who want to update their map.
Old October 10, 2000, 11:00   #88
[LordLMP]

****private to consciousness****

Message To Aki Zeta-Five
From Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

Interesting idea, but that would also make my Rovers targets for the University, if ever discovered.

Then again, allows the Rovers to attack them aswell, if needed, without fingers pointing to us. Allows us to help you without officially doing so.

The Scouting Expedition will obey and take on the disguises. Thank you for the offer.

I was wondering, our relations is more than just a Treay of Friendship, but close to a Pact. In other end, my people are not ready yet to bind themselves to an alliance with your faction, but doesn't stop me from indirectly helping.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
Old October 10, 2000, 18:50   #89
Argonaut
Prince

Freedom's Banner
Volume I, Issue 9

Roze Commends Zeta-Five's Diplomacy

Roze today congratulated Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five for taking the first step towards a diplomatic resolution to the University-Counciousness Conflict. Aki Zeta-Five has intimated a willingness to travel to Data DeCentral in order to partake in peace talks with Provost Zakharov, as long as her safety can be guarenteed. Roze assured her that every security percaution would be taken. She pointed out the inherint Data Angel ability to pick out all the weak points in any defence system as positive, enabling Data Angel security to correct it's own faults before they can be taken advantage of. It is also hoped that CEO Morgan could assist in such security, as well as any potential talks, as negotiations would affect all Four Factions. No word yet as to whether Zakharov will be willing to talk. Roze also suggested that trade boycotts might be necessary if one of the factions was to initiate a war of aggression.
Old October 10, 2000, 23:42   #90
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 01:32
PeaceKeeper News Bulleten, ***State of Emergency Declared***

The UN Free press has learned that 2 Spartan Regiments are being deployed along our border, as a result the UN Peacekeeper Council has voted to expand our mobile forces, and deploy the Liberty battle group off the Spartan Base of "Fleet Anchorage" as a show of force.

"By no means will defense expenditures become our main priority," Defense Minister Stoneham said Monday, following the aouncment "However, we are taking precuationary measures in case conflict erupts between our two factions."

Tension has been building between the Spartans and the Peacekeepers since last month, when an unidentified object crashed into the Great Dunes in the SE corner of the continent. The 9th mobile Infantry from Ft. Benning is in a race to reach the site before the 2nd Spartan Guard Dragoons make it.

The Academic community is still debating as to whether or not the object spotted was a piece of the Unity or another artifact.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote