Old May 6, 2003, 02:10   #1
peterfharris
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Prince

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Allies attitude to my war efforts?
Every so often I see comments in this forum such as: "I don't like pillaging my future territory but do it sometimes to keep my allies happy" or "sometimes I send a few soldiers off to some useless war to gratify the allies".

I had never noticed this so my questions are:

does ones participation effect allied attitudes?

if so, how does ones participation in a war effect AI allies attitudes?
Old May 6, 2003, 07:40   #2
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 01:50
AI attitude changes are well documented, but I'm blowed if I can remember the link at the moment. Hang on, I'll get back to you.

EDIT

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=44999

The gist is, an enemy hates you more when you kill his units (even with a privateer) and take his cities and your allies like your better. So even if you're not prepared for a conquest or long war, it still pays to make a token effort if you want to keep allies.

Respect to Bamspeedy, SirPleb and many other players.

"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Last edited by Cruddy; May 6, 2003 at 07:54.
Old May 6, 2003, 08:01   #3
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Well, the allies like you better, as long as the war lasts. Razing a city makes them like you a lot. But when they make peace, their attitude towards you is worse because you razed a city. Grrrrrrr.
Old May 6, 2003, 16:57   #4
PrinceBimz
Prince

Local Time: 18:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pretty cool guys. I did not know this and I alot of times I end up in war and don't help my allies too well. No wonder they start to get angry with me after a while My last game all I had done to help out my ally (France) who was at war was launch airstrikes from one carrier I had nearby. I did not send one troop over there nor did I send anything else. Then to top it off, I made peace with their enemy very quickly, after only 5 turns. I really showed a careless attitude towards France and they did not like it. It all explains why now.
Old May 6, 2003, 17:42   #5
Cruddy
Warlord

Mind you, if you are going to backstab your allies anyway and want them to declare war on you, this isn't a bad strategy. The airstrikes from a carrier thing would probably have done the trick if you were bombarding tiles (roads and rails) rather than cities. Bombarding cities (I think - can't remember) annoys allies, wheras pillaging makes them happier.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84