View Poll Results: Should there be a fifth human controlled faction?
Yes! 15 62.50%
No! 6 25.00%
Write-in 0 0%
Xenobanana 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 6, 2003, 14:16   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hopefully one of the last polls...
There always is something which interferes and prevents us from starting this game... Now there is the discussion whether or not we should grant the request for a fifth human-controlled faction. And that discussion really needs to be finished before starting private fora. I mean, if you were MarkG, would you like it if some dude asked you to create four private fora, and a few days later asked for another one? The same counts for the CMN. He needs to know how many human factions there will be, to create a balanced map. Therefore this hopefully last poll: Should there be a fifth human-played faction of Buster and Triped? Only two days time to vote.

Btw, Buster or Triped, if you read this, could you please tell us asap which faction you'd want to play?
Old May 6, 2003, 14:26   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Ah yes, the discussion thread.
Old May 6, 2003, 15:01   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
alright then, i'll hold off on PMing markos about private forums and civgroups until this poll has ended
Old May 6, 2003, 15:02   #4
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 18:52
I vote yes. Granted it will make the game slightly slower, but I think it will be more interesting overall (not that it wouldn't be interesting with only 4 ).
Old May 6, 2003, 15:09   #5
Maniac

Quote:
alright then, i'll hold off on PMing markos about private forums and civgroups until this poll has ended
Oh ok. Btw, I didn't mean you when I said "dude". Since I will be looking for a CMN (I am currently writing a PM to Googlie), I assumed I also would PM MarkG about the private fora, so I was calling myself a dude.
Old May 6, 2003, 15:19   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

whatever, i didn't even see that part. i just skim through most posts anyway
Old May 6, 2003, 15:21   #7
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 01:52
I vote yes.

Hopefully this will result in a clear decision, I can´t bear to wait any longer!!!
Old May 6, 2003, 15:26   #8
Method
Emperor

if there's a more or less clear majority by tomorrow, i'm sending the PM. i can't bear to wait any longer either
Old May 6, 2003, 15:30   #9
Maniac

I sent this PM to Googlie. Is it ok?

Quote:
Hi Googlie,

Recently a group of people, which I am part of, finished our first SMAC democracy game. We enjoyed it and immediately started planning another one. However this time we wanted to do it somewhat differently. Following the example of the Civ3 PtW demo game, we wanted a PBEM ACDG this time. The usual polls for the settings and rules followed. One of these polls dealt with the map we would use. There a majority decided an expert CMN should give us a surprise. Hearing the words "expert CMN" I of course immediately thought of you again. Therefore I'm wondering: could you please be the CMN of our next ACDG?

In case you would, here you can find a summary of several things: that we will be playing a PBEM SMAX Transcend game, using these and these rules, while allowing these bugs/features.

On the subject of the participating factions, things are a bit less clear. We are already sure we want the University of Planet, the Hive, the Consciousness and the Pirates to participate as humans. But now there is discussion and a poll whether we should allow a fifth human-played faction of Buster & Triped, who would join this game as somewhat normal PBEM'ers, giving the demo game teams better opposition. As who would be the two (or three, depending on the poll results) AI factions, that people want to leave up to the "expert CMN" to decide, as a surprise.

Last but not least, there's the map poll, where people decided they want a large map (if you take the mean of all voters) and where there's more or less a tie between 50-70% ocean (to make the map livable for the Pirate faction) and "Let the CMN use his good judgement." On all other points, there's a clear majority for "Let the CMN use his good judgement."

If you would be interested in being the CMN for this pbem acdg, please PM me or pay a visit to the ACDG forum.

Greetings,

Maniac
Quote:
if there's a more or less clear majority by tomorrow, i'm sending the PM.
Great. Unless of course there's a majority in favour but we still don't know the faction Buster & Triped will use, and there isn't a faction logo for them.

Last edited by Maniac; May 6, 2003 at 15:37.
Old May 6, 2003, 15:33   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 00:52
Accidently voted YES. Please change my vote to NO.
Old May 6, 2003, 16:09   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Looks good Maniac. I voted no, because I want to keep it simple, and want it to go all the way, thus am playing it safe. However I am not too strong a no, if that makes sense

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 6, 2003, 17:17   #12
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

I´d say if it comes to a putt, we will play with 4 players as it was decided before.

Agreed?
Old May 6, 2003, 17:30   #13
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I agree. Needs a majority to change.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 6, 2003, 19:52   #14
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Heh... with Tass' vote it's tied...

Edit: Nevermind... there were more votes right after I posted...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 6, 2003, 21:04   #15
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

My biggest fear is that there will only be two people on their team......And they'll fall QUICKLY.
Old May 6, 2003, 21:14   #16
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I voted yes. I think once it is approved Buster and Triped will recruit more players so it won't be just two.

What I want is another pirate or two or three.
Old May 6, 2003, 21:16   #17
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Excellent Pm to Googlie btw.

Also we still will have a central general forum won't we.
Old May 6, 2003, 21:24   #18
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
I'd be happy to set up the game - I've read through all the links and can get started on the map while we wait for the fifth faction resolution

Googlie
Old May 6, 2003, 23:32   #19
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Also we still will have a central general forum won't we.
Of course! How else are we supposed to recruit?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 7, 2003, 15:14   #20
Method
Emperor

ok! there seems to be a clear majority here to allow buster and triped to play. i'll send markos the PM as soon as i get confirmation on their faction (unless the posted it somewhere i didn't see)
Old May 7, 2003, 15:40   #21
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

We'll need a drones (or whatever) icon too - don't forget - dude

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 7, 2003, 15:41   #22
Method
Emperor

we have it already