Old May 6, 2003, 17:06   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Athkala and Method decalre war on Marijuania!
I have been informed by those parties involved, that the nations of Athkala and Method have declared war on Marijuania. They have become sick with the blatant pacifism, and their lack of ability to defend themselves, relying on foreign policy and other nations to do their defence for them. No longer will Marijuania remain a a drain on the resources of other nations. Athkala and Method will see to that.

Troops will be deployed as soon as I receieve the army lists from the people involved with those respective nations. No invasion has taken place yet, but Athkala and Method are now at war with Marijuania.

Akiria, Zetaris and Tea Kaygia have said nothing yet, and as such, have no official position at the moment.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 6, 2003, 17:32   #2
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

*static* help!!! *hiss* can anyone here me? *crackle* the people are rising up and nations are invading, to any friendly nations, please help us!!!!! *beeeeeepp*

We are the Marijuanian Civil Defence Association, a group dedicated to the unofficial defence of this land and her great ideals, in face of the governments cowardice with regards to forming an army.

A wanted group by the former Marijuanian government for breaches of the Mill Limit, we are now arming the population with homemade weapons, and supplying them with literature to stir up that famous old football hooligan spirit. So far, 20% of the population, about 140 million men are armed and ready to defend their land from the oppressive Athkala and Method, whose aggressive actions we wholeheartedly condemn.

We also repeat the call of the former government to any other nation, any friend of Marijuania, to help us in these difficult days.

We have also commandeered all Marijuanian starships, thuogh they are of limited strength (in all but sensors, they are not much better than standard craft) due to the refit they were undergoing at the time, they are capable of bombing troops on the ground and the bases and cities of our enemies. The fighters are being modified for ground attack.

Because the torps are unarmed at the moment, we have decided to fill them with weed, hopefully that will mellow out the enemy. We have sent the ships to attack the armies, cities and bases of the two attacking nations. If you see some sweet smelling smoke over athkala and method, you know whats happened. They will arrive shortly.

We emplore Akiria to come to our assistance. The population can hold out for a while, but they are not a trained military, and our ships are nowhere near full strength. They best they can do is act as a giant spliff!
Old May 6, 2003, 17:43   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
*static* help!!! *hiss* can anyone here me? *crackle* the people are rising up and nations are invading, to any friendly nations, please help us!!!!! *beeeeeepp*
That isn't true, they haven't invaded yet.

Quote:
A wanted group by the former Marijuanian government for breaches of the Mill Limit, we are now arming the population with homemade weapons, and supplying them with literature to stir up that famous old football hooligan spirit. So far, 20% of the population, about 140 million men are armed and ready to defend their land from the oppressive Athkala and Method, whose aggressive actions we wholeheartedly condemn.
In 20 minutes Nicely done!

Quote:
We also repeat the call of the former government to any other nation, any friend of Marijuania, to help us in these difficult days.

If they do, Athkala has said it will consider it an unprovoked act of war against it. Marijuania is a member of no alliance, thus any troops defending it have no legitimate reason to be there, and thus would be committing an act of war against Athkalan troops.

Quote:
We have also commandeered all Marijuanian starships, thuogh they are of limited strength (in all but sensors, they are not much better than standard craft) due to the refit they were undergoing at the time, they are capable of bombing troops on the ground and the bases and cities of our enemies. The fighters are being modified for ground attack.
Fighters? Non-declared military?

Quote:
Because the torps are unarmed at the moment, we have decided to fill them with weed, hopefully that will mellow out the enemy. We have sent the ships to attack the armies, cities and bases of the two attacking nations. If you see some sweet smelling smoke over athkala and method, you know whats happened. They will arrive shortly.
ooc: Love it. That was genius! /ooc

Quote:
We emplore Akiria to come to our assistance. The population can hold out for a while, but they are not a trained military, and our ships are nowhere near full strength. They best they can do is act as a giant spliff!
Sadly, due to diplomatic problems with Athkala, the fact that we have implimneted them in the theft of nuclear weapons from Wine (and the fact that we're **** scared of their weapons) Akiria must remain neutral in this conflict. We are sorry to our Marijuanian friends, but at this current time, it is not possible. As Marijuania is no member of any alliance, to intervene would be to declare war unprovoked on Athkala, which Akiria cannot do.

I am sorry, but Akiria cannot help you

Edit: Sorry, stupid coding mistake

Old May 6, 2003, 17:56   #4
Whaleboy
Prince

"If they do, Athkala has said it will consider it an unprovoked act of war against it."

Not if they merely station troops in Marijuania, defending us only when we are invaded.

"Fighters? Non-declared military?"

Yes. What you going to do? Sue the non existent former government? Desperate situations, desperate measures.

"As Marijuania is no member of any alliance, to intervene would be to declare war unprovoked on Athkala, which Akiria cannot do"

Then we are on our own. We have nearly 50 civilians per one enemy soldier, of those 20 are able to fight effectively. Each citizen has been given a weapon. Though we are less well armed and trained, we have the numerical advantage, and the desire to defend our homeland. The invading infidels will be bludgeoned into the dust. The ships are preparing to deploy their torpedoes. Any nation that assists the aggressors will be bombed with weed too (thats probably an incentive isnt it?).

Our ships are also targetting the enemy soldiers. By the time they reach Marijuania, they will be so stoned, they wont know where they are. Our citizens, after years of heavy weed use, are intolerant to weed, so will be heavily outnumbering stoned troops, who will be either sleeping, or cannibalising each other thanks to the munchies.

Our citizens will fight to the death, they will never accept anything less than the total liberty Marijuania has always given them. They will die on their feet, rather than live on their knees. In this war, should we lose, the fruits of Athkala's and Method's victory, will be hash... i mean ash.
Old May 6, 2003, 18:31   #5
Whaleboy
Prince

Upon Marijuania's request, we (Oral Fixation), now give half of our armies to Marijuania stationed on their border and cities to train their civilians.

We declare war on Athkala and Method.

We do not have a big army, but what we do have is very well trained and armed, and able to quickly train others, including civilians in the art of combat, both armed and unarmed.

We only have 12 nuclear fusion warheads, but those, as well as some of our airforce, are on its way to attack the Method and Athkalan capital and second cities. Their citizens shall feel the wrath of attacking Marijuania.

We warn Akiria not to get involved, in either side, including in shielding. We estimate that 40% of our warheads will get through their defenses, maybe more for they are small and agile.

Our own nation is on high alert, and more than ready to absorb the invading armies. Marijuania and Oral Fixations are close allies, and stand together in this difficult time, even if certain other nations are too cowardly to fight for what is right.
Old May 6, 2003, 18:43   #6
Whaleboy
Prince

That was the Oral ambassador speaking in the (now hastilly sandbagged) Marijuanian Parliament House.

The handout of light arms is going smoothly. The enemy will be forced to engage us in the streets, in our houses, were we are familiar and have numerical advantage, as there are no military targets to attack. The Oral soldiers are now rapidly training our civilian men and women, who are willing to fight (now up to about 60% of the population, though some of those are senile or too young, the more guns firing at the enemy, the better). The population are classified under international law as paramilitaries, though that is to do with this revolutionary war government, not the orginial marijuanian government. When we defeat our foes, hopefully this will demonstrate to the naive fools that used to run this nation, how ideals are all well and good, but useless when facing down the wrong end of a gun!

Nonetheless, this will be the fate waiting those who would invade this fine land. Their cities are about to be nuked, their civilians, government and entire economies stoned. Their nations are to be ground to a halt by weed. Their armies will be given such a high dose of marijuana, that they will barely be able to function as humans, let alone soldiers. Delta-9 THC is of course capable of permeating through most plastics and certainly all known gas masks. We expect, due to the strong and prolonged dose, that the enemy soldiers will resort to cannibalism within 4 hours, in a vain effort to try to resolve the munchies.

We shall fight them in houses, we shall fight them in the plazas, and in the shops. We shall never surrender!!
Old May 6, 2003, 18:49   #7
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
though i havn't yet...quite figured out Method's military capacity...i assure you: it's big!

Tea Kaygia will, like akiria, not be participating in any way in this war. it would be inappropriate, useless and moreover, suicidal, as TKG-A has little military to speak of.

Evil, Evil Finland and Yet More Evil Finland have yet to comment
Old May 6, 2003, 19:08   #8
Whaleboy
Prince

We beg you, all neutral nations, to at least condemn this vile act of aggression against a pacifist (until todays extrenuous circumstances) nation, that never hurt a fly!

If you wont fight with weapons, then at least fight with words? Do what is right, as Martin Luther King said;

"Wars are poor chisels for peaceful tomorrows"
Old May 6, 2003, 23:34   #9
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 08:52
[OOC]

What are these two countries?

[/OOC]
Old May 6, 2003, 23:37   #10
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:52
United States of Jackson does not stand for unprovoked attacks, and we will aid ANY NATION THAT IS A VICTOM OF AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK. We are still trying to figure out what in the world is going on. Once that is done we will see what we can do.
Old May 6, 2003, 23:46   #11
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 10:52
The treaty of Mt.Gravatt will back our friends in Marijiana. In return we would like some of the leaf ourselves.
Old May 6, 2003, 23:55   #12
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Marijuania:
From The United States of Jackson:

Greatings. Our government will aid in the defense of your nation. We have currently at sea 3 Carrier Battle Groups on regular patrolls near your nation. They can be there in a weeks time(please tell me were you are on main apolyton map).

We can call up 3 more, but at their current postion and the fact that others will have to come in to replace them, that will take a month to pull off.

As for ground forces, once we have secured the seas and air space arround your nation will ship in the equipe by sea tranport, and fly the men in by Chatered Jets. We are calling up our forces, but again this will take time to complete. Total time for that is about 2 to 3 months. But the forces we can bring in will be massive to say the least, 500,000 ground troops, and 30,000 tanks.

As for the Airforce part. We can fly in 200 F-22, our most advanced jet fighter, for air defense. We can also deploy 20,000 paratroopers, allthough the main task will be guarding the bases that they can be based at if any.

Again it will take some time to pull our forces togather and deploy them, but we will work as fast as we can.
We urge you to hold on as long as you can.
Old May 7, 2003, 04:57   #13
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Not if they merely station troops in Marijuania, defending us only when we are invaded.
Yes, if they atack Athkalan soldiers, that nation has declare war on Athkala. They are not defending themselves, they are interfering.

Quote:
Yes. What you going to do? Sue the non existent former government? Desperate situations, desperate measures.
You can't suddently have military when you have posted that you haven't. You can't militaries that quickly.

Quote:
Then we are on our own. We have nearly 50 civilians per one enemy soldier, of those 20 are able to fight effectively. Each citizen has been given a weapon. Though we are less well armed and trained, we have the numerical advantage, and the desire to defend our homeland. The invading infidels will be bludgeoned into the dust. The ships are preparing to deploy their torpedoes. Any nation that assists the aggressors will be bombed with weed too (thats probably an incentive isnt it?).
I hope their wearing uniforms. Attacking for your nation without wearing uniform of that army would break the Geneva convention that the UN signed, while your nation was a member.

Quote:
Our ships are also targetting the enemy soldiers. By the time they reach Marijuania, they will be so stoned, they wont know where they are. Our citizens, after years of heavy weed use, are intolerant to weed, so will be heavily outnumbering stoned troops, who will be either sleeping, or cannibalising each other thanks to the munchies.
So we don't have gasmasks?

Quote:
Our citizens will fight to the death, they will never accept anything less than the total liberty Marijuania has always given them. They will die on their feet, rather than live on their knees. In this war, should we lose, the fruits of Athkala's and Method's victory, will be hash... i mean ash.
Then they wil die. Athkala has stated it's abhorrence at Marijuania's lack of control. It will not rest until strict authoritarian control has been implimented.

You all defend Marijuania? You allow them to spend nothing on their military, helping their economy, and then bail them out when their miliary is needed? You would waste that for another nation, who is a burden on others.

Jack and UR: Athkala, a friends nation, who cannot post on 'Poly, so I am doing it for them, and The Federation of Method, have declared war on Marijuania, for its lack of order, and its drain on the resources on other countries. All attacks against Athkalan troops will be acts of war, since we have not invaded your nation. Please stay out of this war, it is not your fight. Athkala has recently become a nuclear power, having stolen a nuke from Wine (see terrorism thread) and they have said they will use it against any forces that attack Athkala's. Marijuania will be attacked, we would likeother nations to stay out of it. If not, they will be attacked too. Athkala have never signed up to any non-WMD treaty, and thus will use any measures to achieve their aims.

Quote:
We urge you to hold on as long as you can.
Thin air can hold for a long time Their people can attack us, but as you've seen in Israel, rocks do not do much damage to tanks.

Old May 7, 2003, 07:19   #14
Whaleboy
Prince

"break the Geneva convention that the UN signed, while your nation was a member

Our nation never was (you didnt give me the link )

"You can't militaries that quickly"

Indeed. Technically its a paramilitary force, but the people decided to rise up and defend the nation with their own hands, we as the temporary revolutionary government, have decided to help them.

"rocks do not do much damage to tanks"

RPG7's do .

"You all defend Marijuania? You allow them to spend nothing on their military, helping their economy, and then bail them out when their miliary is needed? You would waste that for another nation, who is a burden on others"

We were never a burden on others, never before have we been attacked. Rest assured that when our enemies lie slain on the streets of Marijuania, that the honourable nations that defended us will receive VERY large amounts of the national product, not to mention a complete sharing of all Marijuania's classified information.

You have one nuke, you cannot nuke all of us. Orals nuclear drones will reach geostationary orbit around over the two attacking nations capitals, within 20 minutes of this being written. Upon the first attack on Marijuanian soil, the weapons will degrade their orbits and enter the atmosphere.

"Athkala has stated it's abhorrence at Marijuania's lack of control"

Drogue I do believe that you are godmodding. Just because we have a moderate crime problem does not mean that we are out of control. If you're going to fabricate reasons to go into this phony conflict then at least put some more effort into it. Or preferable dont god mod! What you know about this society is what I and nationstates tells you. We are not an anarchist (in the traditional sense) society, we have control, we have laws, just those are set at the Mill Limit. If you wish to discuss this, call of your troops, and our ambassadors will discuss this in a coffee bar over a blunt.

" All attacks against Athkalan troops will be acts of war"

You have declared war on us. To our knowledge, only Marijuania and Oral Fixation have launched pre-emptive strikes against the troops in transits, and the ability of that nation to make war on us (all of which is allowed by the Mill Limit, we are allowed to attack the fist that is coming to strike us).

"Please stay out of this war, it is not your fight"

If they are defending the attacked, fighting for what they know to be right, and coming to the aid of an ally who has committed no crime, who has been nothing but altruistic, considerate and friendly, then it is everybodies fight. This is a question of an unprovoked attack. We implore all nations in this region to either come to our defence, for together we can easily defeat this war-mongerer, or to at least condemn their acts, as any peace loving nation must surely believe are wrong.

"You allow them to spend nothing on their military"

We spent nothing on our military because we believed war to be wrong, and until now, we believed that if we didnt actively hurt anyone or p!ss them off, then we would not be attacked. We were also under the impression that Akiria had agreed to defend us in the unfortunate situation that we are attacked. A mistaken impression clearly, the largest military power in the region, second largest in the world is clearly too afraid of a smaller nation with a lesser military (who are now defenceless as their troops on en route to Marijuania, hint hint), to fight for what they know to be right, to fight to defend a staunch pacifist, a nation that loves peace (allegedly) refuses to defend another nation that loves peace, an act that is well within even the Mill Limit.

"It will not rest until strict authoritarian control has been implimented"

Bring it on! You will be destroyed, your nations castrated of any military.

We ask the international community to impose sanctions on the two attacking nations, meantime our weed-delivery ships are in the process of attacking the enemy troops in transit, their effectiveness will be clear later. We are of course using conventional warheads too... weed alone will not do the trick. Large blocks of troops, heavily artillery, tanks and ships are the first target.

Remember, you have declared war on Marijuania, your troops are now a legitimate target, and it is tactically unsound not to use every advantage we have, in defence of this innocent nation.

We thank those nations that are coming to our aid. As has been said earlier, you will be granted much contracts for the national leaf, after we present each defending nation with a gift of weed and Marijuanian intellectual information now, and upon our inevitable victory.

Remember our people. 20/30 people, each with a revolver, or shotgun, or hunting rifle, and molotov cocktails (not to mention the obligatory lead pipe, and plastic garden chairs), are more than a match to the one enemy solder that they statistically face.
Old May 7, 2003, 08:53   #15
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Our nation never was (you didnt give me the link )
You were a UN member, the UN passed that resolution. You can't view old resolutions IIRC. If you can, go find it yourself

Quote:
Indeed. Technically its a paramilitary force, but the people decided to rise up and defend the nation with their own hands, we as the temporary revolutionary government, have decided to help them.
I meant the fighters.

Quote:
RPG7's do .
So you have no military, no military spending, and no troops, but have rockets

Quote:
We were never a burden on others, never before have we been attacked. Rest assured that when our enemies lie slain on the streets of Marijuania, that the honourable nations that defended us will receive VERY large amounts of the national product, not to mention a complete sharing of all Marijuania's classified information.
Very large amounts? Peanuts compared to the cost of war. Besides, it is you, with no army, who will be slain. You think all your people will rise up? You have that much nationalistic pride?

Quote:
You have one nuke, you cannot nuke all of us.
The number is undeclared. They stole one nuke but they used that to help their own nuclear project.

Quote:
Orals nuclear drones will reach geostationary orbit around over the two attacking nations capitals, within 20 minutes of this being written. Upon the first attack on Marijuanian soil, the weapons will degrade their orbits and enter the atmosphere.
So you'll nuke our countries? Another atrocity We have not launched nuclear attacks yet, but you have!

Quote:
Drogue I do believe that you are godmodding.
I don't, are you denying you have a libertarian, Mill Limit nation? Thus you have less control that Athkala would like. Therefore, Athkala has said you do not have enough control. All that was meant was you have a liberal country.

Quote:
Just because we have a moderate crime problem does not mean that we are out of control. If you're going to fabricate reasons to go into this phony conflict then at least put some more effort into it. Or preferable dont god mod! What you know about this society is what I and nationstates tells you. We are not an anarchist (in the traditional sense) society, we have control, we have laws, just those are set at the Mill Limit. If you wish to discuss this, call of your troops, and our ambassadors will discuss this in a coffee bar over a blunt.
I wasn't saying about your crime at all, I was not godmodding. You are a Mill Limit society. You have maximum freedom, as you have said. To Athkala, that is not enough control, and thus you have a lack. Have you not stated that you have maximum liberty? That is all I was refering to.

Quote:
You have declared war on us. To our knowledge, only Marijuania and Oral Fixation have launched pre-emptive strikes against the troops in transits, and the ability of that nation to make war on us (all of which is allowed by the Mill Limit, we are allowed to attack the fist that is coming to strike us).
Our troops are not in transit, they are being prepared. You have attacked us first, using pre-emtive strike, however we are at war so that would be ok. I was refering to other nations, whom we haven't attacked. If Jackson atacks us, it is committing and act of war.

Quote:
If they are defending the attacked, fighting for what they know to be right, and coming to the aid of an ally who has committed no crime, who has been nothing but altruistic, considerate and friendly, then it is everybodies fight. This is a question of an unprovoked attack. We implore all nations in this region to either come to our defence, for together we can easily defeat this war-mongerer, or to at least condemn their acts, as any peace loving nation must surely believe are wrong.
It may be morally right, but it is an act of war. If you attack the troops of a nation that has not attacked you, then you are comitting an act of war. Therefore Athkala urges other nations to stay out.

Quote:
We spent nothing on our military because we believed war to be wrong, and until now, we believed that if we didnt actively hurt anyone or p!ss them off, then we would not be attacked.
How naive

Quote:
We were also under the impression that Akiria had agreed to defend us in the unfortunate situation that we are attacked. A mistaken impression clearly, the largest military power in the region, second largest in the world is clearly too afraid of a smaller nation with a lesser military (who are now defenceless as their troops on en route to Marijuania, hint hint), to fight for what they know to be right, to fight to defend a staunch pacifist, a nation that loves peace (allegedly) refuses to defend another nation that loves peace, an act that is well within even the Mill Limit.
It may be within the Mill Limit, but it is against international law. We have no legitmate reason to attack Athkala, has no alliance with Marijuania, and we are rightly scared of a nuclear capable nation that is so close to Zetaris and Akiria. Therefore, since it is not our fight, Akiria will remain neutral. If you want an alliance, sign one. If you do not, accept the consequences.

Quote:
Bring it on! You will be destroyed, your nations castrated of any military.
Fighting talk.

We ask the international community to impose sanctions on the two attacking nations, meantime our weed-delivery ships are in the process of attacking the enemy troops in transit, their effectiveness will be clear later. We are of course using conventional warheads too... weed alone will not do the trick. Large blocks of troops, heavily artillery, tanks and ships are the first target.[/QUOTE]
You do not have conventional warheads. Youn cannot spend nothing on military, post that you have none, and then decide that this is not true when you are attacked. Stand by what you have written.

Quote:
Remember, you have declared war on Marijuania, your troops are now a legitimate target, and it is tactically unsound not to use every advantage we have, in defence of this innocent nation.
Yes, a legitimate target for Marijuania, if any other nation attacks, they will be drawn into the war, and they become targets.

Quote:
We thank those nations that are coming to our aid. As has been said earlier, you will be granted much contracts for the national leaf, after we present each defending nation with a gift of weed and Marijuanian intellectual information now, and upon our inevitable victory.
Inevitable, with no military

Quote:
Remember our people. 20/30 people, each with a revolver, or shotgun, or hunting rifle, and molotov cocktails (not to mention the obligatory lead pipe, and plastic garden chairs), are more than a match to the one enemy solder that they statistically face.
How did they get those guns? You have no military aside from football hoologans (who wouldn't be armed with shotguns), as you have stated.

Old May 7, 2003, 09:11   #16
Jack_www
King

To Athkala and Method:
We must warn you that we too have nuclear weapons, and the systems to deliver them. A standing policy of our government is that we will never use nuclear weapons in an offensive maner, that these will only be launched if we are attacked by nuclear weapons. We ask though, how would you be able to strike us with nuclear weapons? ICBMs, bombers?

Any troops entering Marijuania will be considered a hostile act, and our forces will act to destroy that threat. Soon Marijuania will be under our protection, we sugest that you reconsider you attack.
Our nation does not look kindly to nations who attack others that have not been provoked. Marijuania is hardly a threat to anyone, since we all know they have no millitary.

To Marijuania:
We maybe able to send in more paratroopers. As of now our paratroopers on the ground have taken over some airports in your nation as use as airbases, we took this action to be able to defend your nation.
Our heavy bombers are ready at a calls notice to bombard any ground troops. Our Carrier battle groups are on sceen and are starting air patrolls.
We can also start sending you M-16s, RPGs, and stinger surface to air missles.
Old May 7, 2003, 09:41   #17
prometheus84
Settler

Well, seeing as how Marijuania is so out of control, we have a large criminal underground, armed of course, which is opposed to the lack of army from the old government. This revolutionary government is from that underground. We are armed.

Dont god mod me, and tell me what my football hooligans can and cannot be armed with. Shotguns are hardly ubertech.

"I meant the fighters."

Illegal under the old government, from the underground.

" Peanuts compared to the cost of war"

Not over a long period of time. When we defeat you, it is you who will also bear us the fruits of war, in the forms of reparations.

"Our troops are not in transit, they are being prepared"

Excellent, then they are even more vulnerable. Better get digging some mass graves for your uniformed troops, things could get putrid after a week. Needless to say, the weed will help to cover that, but still, we wouldnt rot the dead and rotting bodies of your soldiers posing a health hazard to the rat population of Athkala and Method.

"The number is undeclared. They stole one nuke but they used that to help their own nuclear project."

When was the first nuke stolen. How much plutonium/uranium do those nations have? What delivery systems? Declare it, or it does not exist to us, and we will take any resultant RP as godmodding, and ignore it.

"how naive"

How patronising.

"Inevitable, with no military"

A military is not some form of magic bullet that will automatically give you victory over a nation that has none. We outnumber you 20/30 to one, it is the defender who has the tactical advantage.

"Yes, a legitimate target for Marijuania, if any other nation attacks, they will be drawn into the war, and they become targets."

Naturally. If a nation does the honourable thing and comes to our aid, then of course they are also at war with the aggressors. The more allies we have, the more nations the attackers will have to split their troops between, and the harder it will be to defend their home nations.

"You do not have conventional warheads"

Marijuania does not, but our ships do. The ships were commandeered by the Marijuanian government during the revolution. They are in a state of refit, being brought to the correct specifications after the ...accounting errors. They are currently armed with conventional torpedoes, the modified hash bombs, and a laser linked in with the precision sensors. Admittedly, not much, nothing compared to the Akirian military but enough to do plenty of damage from orbit to enemy troops, equiment, and installations. They are preparing to attack military targets in Method, Athkala will follow shortly.

" Fighting talk."

The ability of these nations to make war on us, or any others, will be eliminated. After the war, reparations will be imposed on Athkala and Method, of course the reparations will be shared out with the allies of Marijuania, to whom we again extend our gratitude and erb.

To our allies: We are nation number 69 on the map. (I couldnt help myself, it had to be that number). Land armies will face a significant struggle to breach our island, I suggest we use this to our advantage.

After this conflict, the old government will be restored, on the grounds that it commits significantly more resources to the Army, Space Program, a nuclear program, and R&D for all technology. As such, business laws will be loosened, allowing for a much better economy. Never again will such a travesty as this occur.

We pledge in the future to defend any nation, large or small from any unprovoked attack, as nations like Oral, Jackson and Sheep have genourously done with us.

This is part of Drogues signature:

"Leader of The Commonwealth of Akiria, Chief Judge and founder of the Apolyton Region in Nation States.
Director of Peacekeeping Operations (term VIII), Governor of Akiria (terms V and VIII) Director of Exploration and Intelligence (terms IV, V and VI), Justice (terms V, VI, VIII and VIII) and Leader of STEP (terms IV, V, and VI) in the first ACDG."

As director of peacekeeping operations, surely it is your job to keep the peace.

As Director of Exploration and Intelligence, why did you fail to warn me of this attack?

We strongly suspect Akiria to be secretly involved with this, and also in arming Athkala. Athkala after all, is an Akirian colony.

" So you'll nuke our countries? Another atrocity We have not launched nuclear attacks yet, but you have!"

You declared war on us, we are to nuke you the moment an Akirian... sorry... Athkalan or Method troop steps on our soil or sails in our waters. We have this respite to prepare and damage you, we are using it.

If you are whining about atrocities, then as soon as we have victory, this government will step down in favour of the old government, and we will voluntarily give ourselves up (all 12 of us) to an international court for a war-crimes trial. After the war that is, for now, we are defending our nation ANY way we can, against someone who has declared war on us.

Peace
Old May 7, 2003, 09:51   #18
prometheus84
Settler

sorry, wrong account. Oral Fixation is shared control between myself and Sammy.
Old May 7, 2003, 10:00   #19
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Athkala has recently become a nuclear power, having stolen a nuke from Wine (see terrorism thread) and they have said they will use it against any forces that attack Athkala's. Marijuania will be attacked, we would likeother nations to stay out of it. If not, they will be attacked too. Athkala have never signed up to any non-WMD treaty, and thus will use any measures to achieve their aims.
Since that is the case, Noosland demands Athkala to immediate return the stolen nuclear device to its rightful owner. If this demand is not complied within 72 hours, further and all actions will be taken by Noosland to ensure that such unjustifable actions will not go unanswered.
Old May 7, 2003, 10:08   #20
Whaleboy
Prince

The Free Republic of Athkala

"Athkala is a veritable paradise for those with coin"
UN Category: Anarchy
Civil Rights: Excellent
Economy: Thriving
Political Freedoms: Superb

The Free Republic of Athkala is a very large, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 104 million live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.

There is no government in the normal sense the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are on the agenda. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Gambling and Information Technology.

The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, euthanasia is legal, military spending is on the increase, and all tarrifs have been abolished. Crime is a problem. Athkala's national animal is the vulture, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dollar.

Doesnt seem like a nation that is can talk about control. You're in more anarchy that I am. You have no government, how can you declare war? The military isnt even you're highest priority, unlike what has been said previously about this nation.

Book publishing? You're going to throw books at me? Is that what you call an attack? Bring it on! jk

If you have such great civil rights, how can you talk about authoritarianism. According to this, you're closer to the Mill Limit than Akiria!

The reasons for this war are sketchy, and I challenge either attacking nation to provide me with a valid explanation of this war. I also challenge you to provide me and this region, with a justification for the conflict. I will then submit this information to the court, and then the court to decide whether this war is justifiable, and if not, surely impose a punishment on Athkala and Method.

On a brighter note, the large armies of the semi-independent Free Republic of Stanleystan, Marijuania's colony, has agreed to lend its full assistance to us in these difficult days.

80% of its airforce, navy and armies, as well as missles and tanks are to be lent to Marijuania, representing nearly 2 million troops. Stanleystan has needed this military figure due to problems with the bear population. (I know it says stanleystan is gun free, but i clicked on the wrong issue, it is erroneous). These troops have been placed in the cities, fields, mountains and marshes, where they have their greatest advantage against the attackers. Air strikes will be launched against the troops when they are in range, also to intercept enemy aircraft and missles. Long ranger bombers are being dispatched to Athkala as of now. The Stanleystan navy is now being deployed in Marijuanian waters. It will not allow this fine nation to be breached. It is a BIG bear problem.
Old May 7, 2003, 11:11   #21
Whaleboy
Prince

Jackson: We hereby open up our entire nation, its facilities and the help of its people to you. As you are far and away tactically superior to us, we permit you to deploy your troops in our nation as you see fit. Feel free to help youself to food, technology, and erb!

Our pre-emptive strike has been shelved, in order to give Athkala and Method time to respond and call off their military actions. Should they fail to comply within 72 hours, or physically attack my nation, my allies, or any of my installations and technology, then we will be forced to use our forces as threatened. This involves nuclear attacks from Oral and Stanleystan against Athkalan and Methodist Military installations, and government buildings, bridges. In short, this means the primary cities of those nations. Our few ships in orbit will bombard those nations and troops with weed bombs, as well as conventional warheads, to stone and kill enemy troops and equipment.

The population, the now 65% that are willing, are being rapidly armed with light and medium weapons. They are arranged in small cells, so as to modularise our defence effort.

Meantime, the MIST drydock is hurrying to bring to completion our first and only "resin-class" fighter, a relic of the old governments space programme. This, unlike the challenger class ships is fully armed, details are classified but what is known is that it is NOT ubertech . This will be flyable within 48 hours, its location is of course, is secret, but it will be used for maximum effectiveness against any Athkalan or Methodist heavy weaponry or installations.

More details soon....
Old May 7, 2003, 11:36   #22
Whaleboy
Prince

Prometheus84 was a joint account between me and Oral Fixation, a nation that I also share with a friend of mine who also owns prometheus84. I have since been informed by Drogue that this contitutes a double login, which I am told is forbidden by Apolyton, so I have emailed a sincere apology to the technical people, asking for prometheus to be removed.

elijah may also be deleted, though I hope this is not the case. Apologies for my inexperience in this site!
Old May 7, 2003, 11:41   #23
Whaleboy
Prince

In order to clear something up, though Athkala and Method have not yet invaded, they have declared war on Marijuania, thus any Athkalan or Methodist target is a legitimate target for Marijuania. Our allies if they have not declared war on those nations, would be committing an act of war if they do attack, which is their perogative.

Oral Fixation and Stanleystan have declared war on Athkala and Method in defence of Marijuania, and thus they are also free to attack those nations.

Any nation that has not declared war on the attackers, but has placed troops in Marijuania in defence of our nation, has not committed an act of war against the attackers, rather committed an act of peace for Marijuania. As such, claims that they are declaring war on Athkala and Method by Drogue, are erroneous. In peacetime, such an act is an agreement between the two nations involved, and has nothing to do with any third party. The circumstancial fact that they are there to defend Marijuania should Athkala and Method invade does not constitute an act of war, and if those nations regard it as such, then that is a sign of how twisted, illegitimate and detrimental to the good of this region Athkala and Method are.
Old May 7, 2003, 12:03   #24
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Dont god mod me, and tell me what my football hooligans can and cannot be armed with. Shotguns are hardly ubertech.
I am not god-modding. You said you have no military. If they are actual football hooligans, being armed with shotguns would make them military troops. You stated before that they were armed with chairs and petrol bombs, not shotguns. I am just going by what you have said, which you decide to change now you are threatened. You can't just change your military at the drop of a hat because you have been threatened.

Quote:
Illegal under the old government, from the underground.
Non existant under what you've posted. If what you posted before was a lie, then so be it, and tell us you were lying. That is hardly good RP though, lying and then changing it later.

Quote:
Excellent, then they are even more vulnerable. Better get digging some mass graves for your uniformed troops, things could get putrid after a week.
Have you seen how far away Marijuania is from Athkala? You can try and attack them, but they have attacked noone, and yet yo wish to pre-emtively strike? Hardly pacifism. What happened to your only for defence arguments?

Quote:
Declare it, or it does not exist to us, and we will take any resultant RP as godmodding, and ignore it.
FFS I said this would start when Athkala and Method declare their military, which is why it didn't start yet. You can't attack our troops when they haven't been declared yet.

Moreover, I can therefore ignore your entire military, since you stated you don't have one. Either that was a lie, or you don't.

Quote:
If a nation does the honourable thing and comes to our aid, then of course they are also at war with the aggressors
It is normally used that those that strike first are the aggressors (US and Britian in Iraq). We have no attacked yet. All we have done is words. And if they attack us, without provokation of their nations, they are the aggressors.

Quote:
Marijuania does not, but our ships do. The ships were commandeered by the Marijuanian government during the revolution
As I said, I still don't believe they exist, not with faster-than-ligh drives et al. Besides, if theyt are military, why are they not declared? You declare no military.

OK, abotu my signiture, which is irrelevant considering I am not attacking you (I've told you before, why do you persist)/ Athkala is not my nation, neither is Method. Athkala has no relation to Akiria, despite you trying tom god-mod that there is. My signiture is about the ACDG, the bits you showed.

I have warned you of the attack. They haven't attacked, and I told you. How have I not warned you? DPO is about controling military units, and ourt faction was the peacekeepers, thus peacekeeping units (implying beloning to us).

Yes you can launch nukes on our troops, blowing up most of your nation too. Fine by us.

Quote:
I challenge either attacking nation to provide me with a valid explanation of this war
Why should we? We believe you to harbour an illegal WMD research centre, and we wish to show your ships up for the fallicy that they are. (OOC: people were bored, and wanted some fun. What do you expect with no military? /OOC)

Athkala is effectively ruled by Law and Order, which as anyone who knows about Athkala will know that that is the police force. Also can I quote "military spending is on the increase".

Especially compared to Marijuania's "The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk", StanleyStan's "Private enterprise is illegal" and "The nation is completely gun-free" (no matter what you want, nations are judged on what they are, not what you intended) also with only 74 Million people, with 80% of the army being 2 Million? For a non-militaristic nation that's an awful lot. Athkala is militaristic, with a population of over 100 Million, and still only has a 2 Million strong army.

Say what you will, I am going on what was posted in the military strength page, which Athkala and Method will add to shortly, which says that Marijuania has no military, save for football hooligans, and I find it very unlikely that your whole population is football hooligans, or even that a society so advanced, as you keep saying, has that many hooligans. Also, if they were all armed with shotguns, that would have been declared military of some sort, and you said to me personally that they were armed with plastic chairs and molotov cocktails. If you want to change it go ahead, but I can't be bothered to RP with someone who's military suddenly changed because they are attacked, makes insults about nations completely unrelated to this, and then launches a pre-emtive strike with military that he has claimed he doesn't have

I stated nothing about troops station in Marijuania. However, if said troops attack Athkalan troops, they are committing an act of war against Athkala. Anyone who attacks Athkalan troops will be regarded as at war with Athkala.

UR: The Athkalan leaders have informed me that they will return the bomb within 48 hours, to any person designated by the Wine government, provided that they can have assurances that no military sanctions will be imposed. They are sorry for the need to do this, but felt threatened by a massively powerful, nuclear nation next door, and believing in MAD, wanted, to safeguard their nation from nuclear attacks.

Akiria has stated that any ICBMs launch within the range of the Akiria CND-1 Missle Defence Matrix will be destroyed. This area will be shown on a map in the near future, once Akizeta e-mails it to myself.

Also ben, ooc, please use one post instead of 3 or 4. You can edit them if you want. It makes it much harder to read in multiple posts.

Old May 7, 2003, 12:06   #25
Urban Ranger
Deity

To: The Government of Athkala

The National Nooslandian Congress has authorised the use of all necessary force as required to guarantee the return of a stolen nuclear device from Athkala to the Kingdom of Wine. Our SSBNs are already enroute to selected areas, and our Strategic Rocket Forces have targeted all known Athkalanian military installations.
Old May 7, 2003, 12:14   #26
Drogue
staff

As Athkala has stated. It will return it within 48 hours, less than you 72 maximum. It will be done as quickly as possible, but it takes some security and time to transport an emormous nuke across half the country. Please give them the 48 hours to do it, it should be done much quicker, but they need to make sure it is done safely, and that none of the biker gangs catch it.

If you wish to do it yourself, that is fine. The site is located in the south east of the nation, I will provide a map if needs be. Please call off your missiles.

Old May 7, 2003, 22:33   #27
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

To: President of Marijuana

Iguana Fire would like to express its deep regret at the imminent invasion of your nation and would like to express interest in helping rebuild your nation should it so require any aid in the future. Iguana Fire is willing to grant your nation a 1% interest on any and all loans that it wishes to withdraw from the Iguana Fire Central Bank and is wishing to sell Marijuana weapons, goods, etc at a reduced rate of 5-10% (up to 2 months after the wars end); the precise percentage to be negotiated upon at a later date in return for reciprocation of the deal for the period of 1-2 years after the war.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:50   #28
Jack_www
King

To Marijuania:
If you have nuclear weapons DO NOT USE THEM. REPEAT DO NOT USE THEM!!! We cannot afford the cost of this war going nuclear. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? If you do not cease we will be force to withdraw our forces, we will not send them to an area we know that will surely be attacked by nuclear weapons.

We tell you this, any detected launch of nuclear weapons on your nation will be respond will a launch of our nuclear weapons. All Nuclear forces have been placed on the highest alert, ready to launch at a moments notice.

As of right now I can assure you that the skies above your nation is secure and the seas as well.
We have deployed 20 E-767 aircraft. These planes have very powerfull radar, and can is some cases detect Stleath aircraft. We also have 54 AEGIS Destoyers and Cruisers. These all carry powerfull radar and give us a wide field of vision of the airspace around your nation and the aproaches to it. Our newest fighter, F-22 is now on patroll with the E-767s.

More figher aircraft will be flow in as we secure more bases. The Men and troops will keep coming so long as YOU DONT LAUNCH NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

To Athkala and Method:
Stand down your forces NOW. We will not stand for an unprovoked attack and will take every messure to preverse the nation of Marijuania. Any use of nuclear weapons will be responded to in kind by the USJ, and let me assure you your destruction will be very quick.

Last edited by Jack_www; May 8, 2003 at 00:05.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:14   #29
Drogue
staff

Athkala, Method and Marijuania have authorised me to declare an end to the conflict (elijah has been banned for a week for a DL, and so I am being his conduit ATM)

Athkalan intelligence agents have released that the real reason for the war was to acertain the space technology claims of Marijuania, and use them for Athkala's and Mathod's gain. This was achieved in the early stages, as a small force of paratroopers and intelligence agents landed on the Northern Peninsula of Marijuania, marched to the desert base where the ships we being kept, and have escaped in one. They, with the backing of Method, have released information regarding these ships.

The claims about their speed were greatly exaggerated. They are high tech shuttles, but are not faster than light. They are roughly 75 metres long, have a crew of between 12 and 18, and seem to run on a hydrogen-oxygen mixture that is commonly used. They are quite advanced however, while the weaponry is not at all what was stated, they do have a few rockets and armaments, enough to cause some damage in space. Further details will be forthcoming.

The agents escaped in the shuttle, and are currently being tracked my an Akirian vessel. They have agreed to stand down in return for immunity, and the ship will be handed over to the Apolyton Space Station program. A second ship is unaccounted for, and nobody seems to know where it is (or at least, no-one is telling). However Marijuania has stated that it does not wish to cause an incident and has decided to hold no-one in particular responsible. The Paratroopers were picked up by an Athkalan transport plane, and are not safely back in Athkala.

No-one has been killed or injured, and Marijuania has been left intact, save for the two shuttles. All nations are asked to stand down their forces. There is no need for this matter to continue.

Athkala wishes to apologise to the international community for this, but would like to stress that no harm has come to any Marijuanian person. There were no battles, as the hastily constructed Marijuanian forts were bypassed on the route to the base.

Thank you for your support of Marijuania, we are not sure what Athkala and Method planned to do, but it seems that could not have safely attacked, should they have wanted to.

Old May 8, 2003, 16:22   #30
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:52
oh, i don't know about that
Quote:
military spending is on the increase, and military spending recently hit a new high