Local Date: November 2, 2010
...and more female leaders

cheers
Old May 16, 2003, 10:43   #32
caliskier
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:53
1.) An israeli civ! with a Samson unit 3/1/1 (I'm gonna get laughed at)

2.) Civil wars

3.) A third and/or forth forbidden palace type of wonder for larger game sizes

4.) The ability to build a road under 5 water squares to islands. But they would have to make it so it takes a long time to build and if the worker has to cross into a forien country to complete it, your civ must have permission or war is declaired. Meaning your country would know if someone was digging under the ocean to get to you. (like the train/road that goes under the english channel)

5.) supermarket!

6.) deep mining, somthing that gives you 1.25 times the shields per square
Old May 18, 2003, 07:52   #33
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
hi ,

, ; , burn all the games on one set of cd-rom's or a dvd

have a nice day
Old May 18, 2003, 08:36   #34
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Panag :
That will be the gold edition, that will begin to be sold at about $€ 60-70 one year after C3C ships
Old May 18, 2003, 08:51   #35
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Panag :
That will be the gold edition, that will begin to be sold at about $€ 60-70 one year after C3C ships

hi ,

that is if they patch tha games first , .....

gold should have hit the stores this summer , so far nothing , .....

60-70 , nah it shall be lower

have a nice day
Old May 18, 2003, 12:05   #36
The Templar
Prince

Local Time: 19:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by caliskier
1.) An israeli civ! with a Samson unit 3/1/1 (I'm gonna get laughed at)
He'd probably be a great leader

Quote:
2.) Civil wars
A must!

Quote:
3.) A third and/or forth forbidden palace type of wonder for larger game sizes
I think this would make dealing with corruption to easy. I would prefer a solution dealing with governments myself - giving finer grained control over corruption levels. See my mod (link in signature) for a government based solution.

Quote:
5.) supermarket!
I always though this was a silly improvement. There are at least 5 supermarkets in my neighborhood alone. Then again, there are several churches, synagogues, mosques, and everything else in my neighborhood too - and at least three cathedral-sized religious buildings in the city. So maybe its better to look at these from a different level of abstraction.
Old May 20, 2003, 03:25   #37
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Forgot one extra feature I'd love to see (well, two actually):

The most important is a much greater variation in unit maintainance costs!!! ie a battleship should cost much more money to maintain than a warrior!
Second-I'd love to see a return of firepower (if only as an option!)

Oh, one last thing, I'd love to see a senate return for demo and republic-but much more sensible. ie support/opposition to war should be based on civ character, cultural relationship and culture strengths compared to the enemy, comparison of govt. types of both powers, and the ownership of the UN.

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker,
Old May 20, 2003, 09:29   #38
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Templar

He'd probably be a great leader

A must!

I think this would make dealing with corruption to easy. I would prefer a solution dealing with governments myself - giving finer grained control over corruption levels. See my mod (link in signature) for a government based solution.

I always though this was a silly improvement. There are at least 5 supermarkets in my neighborhood alone. Then again, there are several churches, synagogues, mosques, and everything else in my neighborhood too - and at least three cathedral-sized religious buildings in the city. So maybe its better to look at these from a different level of abstraction.
hi ,

since its a modern world and today in each large city there are rep's from different culture's a city above a certain size should have religious buildings from different religions , ....

example you take in 5 foreign workers from a war or trade , they should get your civ's identity way faster if there would be a different religios building , ....

civ's could also be given a certain religious trait

we need a dry dock small wonder

have a nice day
Old May 20, 2003, 13:00   #39
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:53
May have been said already, but just my $.02:

Diplomacy editing ability (MUST HAVE THIS. If XP doesn't have it, I won't buy it, period).

Easier ability to add custom units. It's ludicrously cumbersome now, and I can't see why the GUI shouldn't be able to handle everything for you. Once I hit "Add Unit," it should automatically handle updating the necessary .txt files. I should only have to tell it where the graphics files are and enter in whatever text I want for the name and description of the unit.

Civilopedia editor--this should be so much easier, too. A GUI to make easy entries seems like a no-brainer.

More terrain: I want marsh and arctic terrains! I'd also like to see a vast improvement on the graphics, such as the deserts and tundra.

Restore the Civ2 land imrovement scheme of having farmland later in the game as opposed to irrigation. Irrigation is ugly.

More Future techs and better endgame. I think the game cops out at the end in terms of creativity. Don't be chickenshit about adding some futuristic techs and units.

Events would be cool, especially later in the game to spice up the end game. But not game-breaking ones.

Some sort of stopping of ICS beyond what has been done is still needed. I've resorted to using the editor to restrict cities from desert and tundra terrain. Does the AI simply not care about corruption? I'd suggest perhaps a city maximum based on certain tech discoveries/government types. This could maybe make the Expansionist trait more useful, as it would give a civ a small bonus to the number of cities it can have.

Yes, unit trading. Dammit.

It should be a little more obvious that one's actions are going to damage one's diplomatic reputation. I think having the foreign advisor pop up and say "Sire! That action will impair our international reputation!" and such would be helpful. Also, it shouldn't be quite so hard to repair one's reputation with the other civs. Grudges often last for an entire game, which is silly--a few hundred years at the most of good relations should erase bad feelings.

In addition to Golden Ages, I would suggest having other periods of cultural/power ebb and flow. This would be more realistic, as civs have waxed and waned throughout history. It seems really silly to have only one "Golden Age," yet one may be leaps and bounds superior to that age in terms of wealth, power and culture later on.

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2003, 15:48   #40
The Templar
Prince

Local Time: 19:53
Here's a change I'd like to see - the ability to add ages. I really want to add a future age.
Old May 20, 2003, 17:12   #41
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:53
Quote:
Originally posted by The Templar
Here's a change I'd like to see - the ability to add ages. I really want to add a future age.
I strongly agree. In fact, I would have:

Ancient
Classical
Medeival
Renaissance/Enlightenment
Industrial
Modern
Information

And then the future ages, with suitably futuristic names, except not the overdone "Nano Age."
Old May 20, 2003, 17:17   #42
statusperfect
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov More Future techs and better endgame. I think the game cops out at the end in terms of creativity.
They have much to learn from The Templars Space Age MOD.

cheers
Old May 20, 2003, 21:34   #43
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Some extra things I would love to see. Some of which are connected to previous things I've mentioned!!

1) The diplomatic option of protectorates. Also the ability to call a "Security Council" meeting if you own the UN. The most populous and/or powerful nations attend, any one of which can pass resolutions: eg. multilateral MDD's, multilateral trade, joint declarations of war, economic sanctions etc.
Each nation on the council gets a vote according to it's "power level" (based on population and/or military strength). UN's owner gets veto power!!

2) A senate for democratic governments, but one which MAKES SENSE. i.e. it's decisions to block diplomatic gestures, such as declaring war/making peace, trade deals etc, would be based on factors like Civ Characteristics, cultural relationships, relative cultural strength and past history!!

3) Variable maintainance costs for units, so that a warrior no longer costs the same to maintain as a battleship!!!

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now.

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old May 20, 2003, 23:22   #44
Spiffor

Well, two suggestions that are not too drastic :

- in the diplo screen, in games with more than 8 Civs, I'd like to have the shift+right click replaced by a plain right-click. It would avoid to unwantedly call the Civilopedia every now and then, and would be more instictive for new users.

- in the trade screen, we should be able to see what wares a foreign Civ demands, and not only what it supplies. It would be more convenient when you want to export some excess tobacco
Old May 24, 2003, 19:10   #45
Spiffor

Yet another small idea, I don't know whether it can be easily implemented or not, but it sure isn't a revolutionary idea

When you have found that many cities that your city list is over, you have city names which begin with "New" (like "New Berlin")
It would be cool if the "New" fields could be specific to each Civ, and changeable in the editor. I'd love to see a "Neu Berlin", a "Neo Rome", a "Nueva Madrid", and still the same "New York".

It would be extra cool if Firaxis could fill these individual fields themselves, but the option in the editor would make me happy already
Old May 24, 2003, 19:15   #46
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Yet another small idea, I don't know whether it can be easily implemented or not, but it sure isn't a revolutionary idea

When you have found that many cities that your city list is over, you have city names which begin with "New" (like "New Berlin")
It would be cool if the "New" fields could be specific to each Civ, and changeable in the editor. I'd love to see a "Neu Berlin", a "Neo Rome", a "Nueva Madrid", and still the same "New York".

It would be extra cool if Firaxis could fill these individual fields themselves, but the option in the editor would make me happy already
hi ,

even better , they could just make the names list longer

have a nice day