Old January 15, 2001, 12:36   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Check-In For Chrion Chronicle
We will restart when we can get about 5 people ready to restart-

DarkCloud- University

---
Not checked in
Christantine the Great
Cyber
The Diplomat
XWaste
Argonaut
[Lord LMP]
and more...

DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2001, 21:41   #2
Argonaut
Prince

Argo Checking in as long as we have enough people. (New or Old) Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2001, 17:58   #3
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
I second Argonaut. Checking in
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2001, 20:54   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Three People checked in.

If 5 do not check in by the end of the week (Jan 21) specifying their faction then the game should be over.
Old January 21, 2001, 01:47   #5
[LordLMP]

I am still in and am sorry for just dissapearing...been busy you can say :/

also, can we not jumpstart the game to new year? 2120s to early and bit boring. bit unrealistic to have entire society setup early in a game and ready to become very political/espionage and so on of a dipomacy type game, but thats my opinion....

to cover up the skipps years, can write what the factions as been up to, write up a quit chronoligical of all societies of main events

-LordLMP
Old January 21, 2001, 17:34   #6
DarkCloud
staff

Sounds good LMP, a restart-
We could go to 2180?

Is that all right with everyone? I think Zakharov is out of jail then and my 'secret base' will have founded others and we will have 2 Universities, one which knows nothing historically, but has made large scientific leaps, and the other which is in too much contact.

So 2180?
Any newcomers... any are welcome

We have 4 People
-University
-Data Angels
-Planetmind
-Pirates

Still to check in are
-Cyborgs
-Spartans
-Peacekeepers
-Gaians

Googlie, do you want to join? I remember you didn't like where the Morganites were going, here is your chance to change their path!
Old January 21, 2001, 18:44   #7
[LordLMP]

Of course, will be a lot to do in making the map :P
but i can only do so in two or three weeks, after the busy weeks of school is done. final projects/catch up in marks/exams/stabilize second semester.

And the Pirates, well, they have sea bases all over the place, plenty of ships and almost monopilizing naval trade...really annoying Morgan... maybe in a trade war with Morgan too... trade alliance could still be around, or imporved to a better one...like into some kind of NATO or whatever, which involves trade, not just military... or ones that support the UN Charter and voted Lal as Planetary Governor.

Where is the hidden University base located? close to Cyborg territory or east of Inspiration Point? (better if it east, or would cut off Cyborg growth....)

middle continent seperated almost evenly between Morgan, Data Angels, University(2) and Cyborgs. never had real war on that continent since that war against university... but could of had skirmishs and territoral disputes. At the East Continent, Spartan grew... same with Free Drones and Hive. Hive and Spartan contantly at each others throat maybe... Free Drones stuck in middle, sometimes helping Spartan.. maybe not or had their own problems... maybe over the Borehole cluster too. Pirates could of had some nifty naval battles with Hive and Spartan, and contacted Free Drones, getting them to be part of the Trade Alliance, which may of evolved into something else. Peacekeepers grew aswell... maybe splitted by to types of internal factions... the War ones and Peaceful ones i guess... Peacekeepers could of sent a task force to retake their old territory and the abandon bases...which may of still be there... then warriors types dwell on East Continent while peacefuls on the island and some naval bases. Believers grew more and also at war with the Cult. Cult expanded too and at war with believers, some skirmishs with Gaians. Gaians grew and part of the "Trade Alliance", more able to defend themselves, especially since their battle with Anti-Mind, with help of planetmind maybe, at the Ruins... since then, lived peacefully... doesn't mean anti-mind is destroyed either, just dorment maybe...

as for Planetmind... could be mindworming spartans, hive, free drones, believers. or whatever Christine wants to do with them

as for the Proginators... still haven't crash landed

-LordLMP
Old January 21, 2001, 20:55   #8
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: October 30, 2010
DarkCloud:

Thanks, but I think I'll pass.

I'm almost overextended right now, with 19 PBEM's, the Spartan Chronicles, The Turtledove Scenario (yes, it will be completed and soon available) and am getting requests to reactivate Megan's "Stepdaughter of Gaia" tale.

So I really don't think I could do Morgan full justice, and why join something half-heartedly?

Good luck with the 2180 restart.

Googlie
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2001, 21:14   #9
Jasonian
King

Having missed the first Chiron Chironicle, I'm a bit confused as to what it is. Is it a multi-person story like the Spartan Chronicles?
Jasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2001, 22:41   #10
Argonaut
Prince

Personally, I was working up to a war with Morgan. Personally I would like to see a stronger Trade Alliance. I think the Data Angels would have built up a respectable fleet and would probably be helping the Pirates fight the Hive and Spartans. Perhaps a full-fledged pact for the Trade Alliance? I like the idea of the Gaians joining as well. Seems pretty logical.
Old January 22, 2001, 07:08   #11
aktarian
Chieftain

This sounds interesting. Count me in. I need some things cleared up.

I guess this story takes place on original map?
Which techs are discovered by each faction?
Is there set number of bases at the beginning?
How do we decide what happens? Do we play this game?
If somebody could brief me on new factions (their ideology, relations toward each other, relations toward old factions) I could put them in.
Size of units (I guess 1 unit (icon) is battalion-cca. 500 people in infantry, 40-50 rovers in rover units)?
aktarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2001, 18:25   #12
Christantine The Great
Prince

Planetmind has been silent for the past years with the war with AntiMind. AntiMind mind controled the Gaian base near the ruins and is trying to make a human/mindworm hybrid to fight the humans and Planetmind.

Planetmind has decided to create a huge center for its own mental development, to help combat the AntiMind, at the Manifold Nexus. Planetmind also had a "Human Quarter" of the fungus "city" where humans from the Data Angel's rover unit stationed there are living and some University refugees are living to avoid the civil war. Currently they don't know about the underground bunkers.

Planetmind currently has a seat in the planetary council (PLEASE!!!!) and still defends the PKs and the Pirate/Cyborg/Angel/PK trade alliance.
Old January 22, 2001, 18:46   #13
[LordLMP]

You can learn a lot of the Crossfire factions by reading their info on firaxis and so on. also via other peoples stories. the old Chiron Chronicles threads should still be up and not to far behind which you can read aswell.

Data Angels - faction of Probes, splitted off from Morgan
Free Drones - faction of Drones, fight for freedom of all Drones. split off from Hive, and some Drones from Spartan too.
Cult of Planet - leader haves a natural connection with planetmind since his birth in a fungus field, saved and protected by planetmind... now, he is just an annoyance to Planetmind it seems in this game
Cult mix of Gaian ideology and believers you can say, but in Cultish way and considers Planet more valuelable then Human Life.
Nautilus Pirates - faction that started out among the sea. we say they used a Sea Colony Pod from Unity.
Cybernetic Consciousness - society of Cyborgs, split off from University.

The aliens in the crossfire game appears in early in a game, but we hold them off for now. Yes, we use the PLanet map, but the Crossfire version which has more landmarks mainly and Borehole Cluster.

As to how we setup, we start out figuring out the stats of societies, thier techs, their new bases since 2120s and so on. by 2180, i would think they still in Fission Reactors, still in PLasma armor or into Silk maybe and into Missile weaponry maybe. Air units maybe too

As for Units, can range from Battalion to entire Division, depending on you in 2180, unit size would be bigger in average then in the 2120s. As for population growth, that increases more quickly then natural human growth here on earth

Everybody will write up short history or whatever of what the factions as been up too since 2123. Can say Data Angels had a war with Morgan. I agree in having an strong Alliance, but what to call it instead of just Trade Alliance? not United Nations thats for sure.... United Factions Alliance? (UFA) also maybe have a special little island to have a neutral base where Planetary Council or where UFA headquarters is located? (like those Spartan stories )

the old map should still be up as gif on the Chiron Chronicle - Admin thread.
Old January 22, 2001, 18:55   #14
[LordLMP]

Rather see that Gaians still control all their bases... can Antimind has mind controlled the base, but Gaians eventually got it back. Antimind still about somewhere maybe. Having an powerful enemy in middle of your territory is not good :P can say the whole Antimind war started slowly in 2120s and Gaians eventually defeated them 2130s or 2140s. Doesn't stop for Antimind to come back sorry, just don't want Planetmind/Antimind be waaayy to powerful. need game balance and need someone to play Gaians. Having an enemy middle of territory for decades won't be extractive.
As for Planetmind in the planetary council, why not

-LordLMP
Old January 22, 2001, 21:09   #15
DarkCloud
staff

Okay everyone, welcome aboard, LMP, I'll answer your questions tommorrow, after reading what you have (I have 20 minutes online tonight)

But of the ones I saw- The new base is in the bottom of the continent which is 'I believe' uninhabited, I seem to have misplaced my map so I cant give you an exact location... I will try to find it however.

Googlie- it is all right

aktarian- Well I believe you can have the Spartans if Cyber does not show up within 2 days (he previously had them)

Old January 22, 2001, 21:17   #16
[LordLMP]

And maybe aktarian can make them more of a militaristic honorable faction, with some paranoia, like i always thought the Spartans as then a militaristic barbaric facist which Cyber made them to be at the beginning (so the Spartans have war crimes on their rep in Chiron Chronicles :P)

-LordLMP
Old January 22, 2001, 21:18   #17
[LordLMP]

oh and i will still be Co-GM of this

-LordLMP
Old January 22, 2001, 21:32   #18
DarkCloud
staff

Haven't found the map...yet but I looked at something and I see that my faction is in the middle continent :woa: I thought it was in the far left... but in that case, the new base is in the mountanious terrain by the Cyborgs in the far left, close to the islands.

GM's
DarkCloud
[LordLMP]

LMP, perhaps you should post your mapsite link here...

------------------
Apolyton- The Book (Webpage and Topic Thread)
http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum23/HTML/018747

Visit the Civgaming Network Forums:
http://www.civgaming.net

Visit Apolyton- The Book (The Website for the people of Apolyton)
http://home.att.net/~sjcfg/main.html
Old January 22, 2001, 23:14   #19
[LordLMP]

I have done so map is of 2123, where we left off.
The hidden base is there, where i thought originally to wanted, since you mention mountains.... i think i beef up the mountain there...don't remember. Ignore the small dots, just runaway AI units. more i delete, more they show up. Pholus Sea is pretty much under Pirate control

for 2180, i say we have an neutral base on some island for PLanetary Council (do love the idea in akatarian's story ) Pirates have bases scattered all over in key places for trade and military. Middle continent would be more crowded with bases... maybe have colonization hunt for more land at that island North East of Data Angels. The two Halves of University could be splitted off by Cyborgs territory. They would be known by now, but not really controlled by University Base you can say as if they could hide for so long, especially from Cyborgs who may of tried expanding in that area. As for rest, maybe call dibs Hive and Believers would have get bunch of bases... but Hive would have many small bases and large army of cheap units with some quality in key places. Believers lower in tech then the average. Free Drones may not have as much territory as Hive and Spartan, but they have good industry, able to support big enough army to defend from both of them, and its bases be tight between spartan and hive. Peacekeepers regain the surviving abandon bases and recontrol the southern-east territory south of the Dunes., by the Warrior types of the Peacekeepers. rest, peaceful ones, situated on island and sea bases. Gaian establish more bases around the ruin area and as much possible south. Cult situated south of Gaians and North west of Believers. not best in tech, but a lot of mind worms and psi type units.

Middle Continent: more civilized, diplomatic, and so on
East Continent: barbaric a bit, always a war going on there.
West Continent: Mystical/religious Paganism and cult and christianity, quite interesting place

if ever we do plan to have aliens, try maybe to leave room east of believers for Caretakers and north of hives/west of free drones for Usurpers.

For location of bases, just tell me where abd give some names of bases.... or simply trust me in placing bases way i see it. Morgan/University/Data Angels/Cyborgs average of ten each?

Name of new alliance? or use my idea of United Factions Alliance? :P

-LordLMP
Old January 23, 2001, 09:57   #20
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:33
Ahh!Finally back, sorry for disappearing like that, people.My cablemodem went kaput, and I had to scrape the money for a new one.So, I had to be somewhere about a month without internet.Anyways, Iīm back in charge of the Spartans.

Ok, jumping to the year of 2180 is fine by me.Just a little worried about the tech part though, whos going to have what?

Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2001, 16:21   #21
[LordLMP]

I am just curious, why do you seem to see the Spartans as a barbaric facist genocidal like society?
How was the Junta formed?

You can play the faction how you want, but i am just wondering

-LordLMP
Old January 23, 2001, 17:56   #22
Cyber
Warlord

A good question I guess I wanted to add a bit of "ultimate evil" flavor in them, and most of all, to find out what are the consequences, how will the other players react when in contact with them and with what measures.Iīm trying to play the Spartans as the ultimate fascists that are repeating the same mistakes as back on Earth.But I donīt think they are barbarical, they after all have a very strict code of conduct, but have a bad habit of thinking all non-Spartans as inferior.

However, please donīt think iīm a fascist or that kind of person This is just a game, after all.

BTW, would anybody be willing to take wholeheartedly one of the factions residing in the eastern continent?
Some company could do miracles to the Spartans

Old January 23, 2001, 18:30   #23
Christantine The Great
Prince

The Gaians are free to capture the base AntiMind got, AntiMind has no real use for humans. How about the Planetary Council base be in the Geothermal Shallows. That is nice and centralized. Each member of the council has to have a defending unit there. Who are the members anyway?
Old January 23, 2001, 21:03   #24
DarkCloud
staff

CHECK-IN

Okay- found my map- My location for the "Secret Base" is the little
semi-islet next to the inlet by the sea. The Base is built on Xenofungus,
but is supposedly higher than the surrounding areas, and is out of the
way of attack.

The hidden University Base has not been discovered yet, but hopefully
will be discovered by a university or cyborg rover (Depending if XWaste returns to the game)

How's this for a history

About wars/history on the political malestorm of the middle continent
--North Section
Split between Data Angels and Morganites One northern Peacekeeper Base

--South Section
Far West (2-3 Pirate Bases)
Middle (6-8 Cyborg Bases) 2 Hidden Uni Bases (5-7 University Bases)

-2023- The Sextential Faction Treaty signed between Cyborgs, Peacekeepers, University,
Data Angels, Morganites, and Pirates (though they would rather not have)
-Skirmish in 2068 over Uranium Flats; went on for 4 years, Cyborgs/Peacekeepers mediated
peace in 2072. The peace went like so, the Morganites had first discovered the Uranium
Flats and so were to receive the entire field, however they lost one city in the war to
the Data Angels.
-2070 First Planet Council called
Groupings-

Trade Alliance (7+1)
-Gaians
-University
-Cyborgs
-Data Angels
-Pirates
-Morganites
-Peacekeepers

-Planetmind

Independents (5)
Spartans
Cult
Hive
Believers
Free Drones

-Planetary leader elections: they need two people to nominate them for running [akjkd]=who nominated them (ksjl)= platform
(Lal runs (unification) [Data Angels, Gaians], Aki runs (peace, ethics) [Peacekeepers, Morganites*because they counter the University and Angels],
Roze runs (moderation, mediation) [Cyborgs, Pirates*just to anger morgan]
the other factions (SUBCHF) cannot agree upon anything with each one insulting the others.
Votes (you may vote for self)
Lal- Pirates*(Knew he was weak, they didnt want a strong ruler)
Aki- Peacekeepers*(Lal is selfless), Cyborgs, Morganites*(Hate Roze, want a strong leader)
Roze- Data Angels, Gaians*(More in common with Angels than the others),Planetmind*(Planet's favorite of the ones left)
Abstain-Spartans,Cult,Hive,Believers,Free Drones, University

-Morgan makes pushes towards the lost base in 2078, the fights really cannot be traced
back to him, but there is still some sabatogue and general bad feelings between the
factions
-Cyborg Protests, Riots in 2080 when Zakharov and the others condemned leave prison in the
Data Angel territories
-2080 next planetary governor election meets.

So Possiblilites, these could or could not happen
-New War between Cyborgs/University
-The Pirate's isolation becomes an issue with the factions and they 'demand to know what the
pirates are plotting'
-New War between Data Angels/Morganites

Isle of Deianira
4-6 Peacekeeper Bases
2 'Controlled' by 'Progressive Party' Pro-War
-The Others are completely controlled by Lal
-A leadership vote is soon to come up.

Eastern Continent
-Okay, I'm not sure of the geographical arrangement (Please correct me LMP if I am wrong)

Off Northern Coast
1 'Experimental "efficient" hive base'
4 Pirate Floating Bases
North
1 Pirate Base (4-6) Hive Bases

Powergraph
(Don't worry, any one of these could be the best as is explained)
Most---
100% -Cyborgs (Most technically advanced/ well developed +tech)
92% -University (2nd Technically advanced/ one of the best developed/ if they meet up and organize with hidden bases, they will be most technically advanced +tech)
90% -Peacekeepers (though fractured/ if they can unite as is their goal the will be able to destroy most other factions +army)
89% -Gaians (coming into own as they learn to command mindworms better +War)
88% -Data Angels (weathered by war, but won a new base +production)
88% -Pirates (few wars, many cities, well developed but spread far too thin +economy)
86% -Morganites (weathered by war, but won many concessions +production)
86% -Spartans (too many wars; but good warriors +army)
82% -Hive (their citizens are 'low power' if 'encouraged' to work better they will +production)
80% -Cult (?)
79% -Believers (?)
79% -Free Drones (produce much, but after continual war with Hive +production)

Relations
Cult-Belivers (WAR)
Drones-Hive (WAR)
Cult-Hive (WAR)
Cult-Believers (WAR)
Cult-Gaians (STRAINED PEACE)
Morgan-Uni (STRONG ALLIANCE)
Data-Uni (ALLIANCE)
Data-Morgan (WEAK PEACE)
Data-Cyborgs (STRONG ALLIANCE)
Uni-Cyborgs (ALLIANCE)

You can decide the rest or ask me to change one of the above if you like...
Old January 23, 2001, 23:12   #25
Argonaut
Prince

Okay, that doesn't fit in with most of what I wrote. I thought we were supposed to go ahead and write our on faction's history and I may have jumped the gun. I definetly have a few problems with the above history.

First, I don't think Data Angels would be pacted with the University. They definetly have a Treaty of Friendship, but the Data Angels still have issues with Zakharov's regime. Sure, he's paid his time but he has changed his colours much at all. As well, Uni is pacted with Morgan which would not sit well with Roze. Roze's biggest ally would still be Aki and then the Peacekeepers, Gaians and Pirates.

I didn't realize that University and Morgan were in the Trade Alliance as well, although that doesn't seem like a big issue. Roze would begrudgingly work with Morgan for the benefits of the Alliance.

Roze wouldn't have run in the election, she's not looking for extra power yet. She likes manipulating behind the scenes better. In my post, she supported Lal because of his devotion to the Charter, which appeals to her. It gives her a moral high ground to stand on. However, if Aki was the other candidate, she might have abstained so as not to favour one over the other. How many candidates were there? Personally, I like the game idea of the two highest number of votes (or more if tied) get to run. So Roze wouldn't have even been elligable having a smaller pop base.

Last little note, Roze returned the base to Morgan. She's still done some heavy land expansion, but she returned the base as part of the Peace agreement with the Morganites. She has no interest in dealing with a bunch of rowdy Morganites who would be rebelling all the time. It's not worth the effort.
Old January 24, 2001, 00:58   #26
[LordLMP]

DarkCloud, still not sure where your hidden bases would be... South-west of INspiration Point or are they hidden east of Inspiration Point?

Heres the way i see it:

Middle Continent: Morgan, Cyborg, University, and Data Angels. all have expanded, continent splitted almost evenly between them. conflicts sure would of happened. as to how they happen, let the players decide with their stories and debate.

East Continent: Hive, Spartans, Free Drones and Pro-War Peacekeepers. Hive expanded a lot and military power increased, giving Free Drones pressure and Spartan units south of Free Drone territory. Maybe Free Drones had a little conflict with Spartans concerning the Bore Hole cluster? maybe then the Free Drones prove themselves to the Spartans even more and became friends again when the Hive started pressuring Drones even more, but Drones/Spartans not allies, especially on way the Spartans are. Drones is the only real democracy on the east continent besides peacekeepers. Pro-War Peacekeepers came back to East Continent to retake abandon bases from before and expand a bit south of Dunes without Spartans really finding out, especially during their isolation. Pro-War PKs haves something to do with the rebellion at War Outpost you can say, they also contacted Hive and battleing them too, but not as much as Drones/Spartans vs HIve further north. Spartans will be surprise to see Peacekeepers again, this time, hoot of lot tougher

West Continent: Gaians, Cult and Believers. Antimind can still be around a bit among the fungus around the Ruins, but Gaian retook Song of Planet in middle of the Ruins. They have an uneasy peace with Cult, which they had another little war against each other. Believers expanded a lot, but not as advance as most factions. still at war with the cult, but not much breakthroughs. Gaians as the most contact with the outside world than cult and believers.

Peacekeper Island: where most of the Pro-Peace PKs bases reside and some Sea Bases surrounding the island.

Planet Council Base: will place it somewhere which is accessable by all factions, but mainly the Alliance have units there to defend the place.

Chiron Alliance: better name it that way :P Trade Alliance evolve to Chiron Alliance mainly during the naval wars against Hive, who tried cut off trade and dominant Unity Sea. all alliance factions are Pact together.

Pirates: have bunch of bases all over the place, at key Trade and Military spots, and few ground bases at small terrain places. bases spread thin, so isolated alot from each other. They pretty much lead the naval defence and naval trade. currently in a "Trade War" with Morganites over naval trade. besides that, factions dunno what the pirates are up to, which the issue was brought a few times in Chiron Alliance. They
had Alliance meetings about it and brought up once at Planet Council. also have dibs on the Marine Time Center SP. They have secret trade agreements with Free Drones, mainly because if they were part of Alliance like they want too, Spartans may get on their back and they don't want to fight a two front war.

Chiron Alliance:
-Peacekeepers
-Data Angels
-Cyborgs
-Gaians
-Pirates

Planetary Council:
-Peacekeepers (Lal as Planetary Governor)
-Data Angels
-Cyborgs
-Gaians
-University
-Morganites
-Free Drones
(atleast need 7 factions to start up a Planetary Council and Elections.)
rest either not much contact or they don't want to get involve with council... not yet anyway

2180 relations:
Morgan-Angels: uneasy treaty
Univ-Angels: treaty
Cyborgs-Angels: pact
PKs-Angels: pact
pirates-angels: pact
Morgan-Univ: pact
Morgan-Cyborg: treaty
Morgan-Pirates: Truce and having a Naval Trade War
Univ-Cyborgs: uneasy treaty
Univ-Pirates: treaty
PKs-Univ: treaty
PKs-Cyborg: Pact
PKs-Pirates: Pact
PKs-Morgan: treaty
PKs-Gaians: Pact
PKs-Drones: treaty
PKs-Spartans: None (use to be at war)
PKs-Hive: truce
PKs-Believers: none
PKs-Cult: none
Gaians-Cult: uneasy treaty
Gaians-Believers: none
Cult-Believers: war
Pirates-Believers: treaty
Pirates-Hive: truce
Pirates-Cyborg: Pact
Pirates-Spartans: none
Pirates-Drones: Treaty
Pirates-Gaians: Pact
Hive-Spartan: War
Hive-Drone: War

what else did i miss?

-LordLMP
Old January 24, 2001, 09:19   #27
Cyber
Warlord

Okay, but how about the technolgy?There has surely been somekind of advancement in that field.The question is, how much? Whos going to get what? I think the Spartans havenīt fallen too much behind in that area.They puts lots of effort in especially war technology, so they could have the state-of-art wartoys like missiles, needjets etc... but arenīt very far in industrial and ecological research.
Old January 24, 2001, 22:08   #28
DarkCloud
staff

Okay Argo, since you are in charge of the Angels , then no alliance...

Uni is still pacted with Morgan (they are now good friends)

Uni and Morgan were in the Trade Alliance from its inception

For the election, you needed to be nominated by two people to run... that Is why I had Roze run.

Oh yes, It wasn't clear but Roze won the election due to a run-off vote...

I thought Roze would have won because she didn't trust the other factions; and when she was nominated she decided to run once and for all...

Okay, returned the base recently; but I only did that to get you into a possible war, but bad feelings could still persist.

LMP-

Where is Inspiration Point? I cant locate it on the map? As I said before, you locate Garland Crater, go 4 blocks east then three down and there is Hidden Base #1, Two up and one left is Base #2

You did a good relations text.

Cyber- Tech- the advancement is like so:

Level 1 tech: 2 tech points
Level 2 tech: 4 tech points
Level 3 tech: 6 tech points
Level 4 tech: 8 tech points

60% to science= 6 tech points or 16
50% to science= 5 tech points or 15

I'm not sure whether to give 16 points or 6 tech points, tell me which one you like. You choose your techs.

Lets get this game started!
Old January 25, 2001, 00:05   #29
Argonaut
Prince

Okay Darkcloud, I'm confused.

Morgan and Uni were not in the Trade Alliance from the inception. There was a Cyborg-Data Angel war against University at the time, and the Pirates had not announced their existence to either the University or Morganites. Roze wouldn't have been eager to work with Morgan at all. If it's going to be included (which granted could provide some nice tension via Roze-Morgan and Aki-Zak) there needs to be some explanation of when they joined. Perhaps Uni was admitted first, as part of the reconstruction plan and then Uni was able to convince Lal to support Morgan's entrance? Just a thought there.

Roze one the election? That one throws me for a loop, but I can edit if that's the way people want it to work.

Roze really isn't looking for a war with Morgan right now, unless she can get the whole Alliance on her side. It's bad for progress and she has a very good understanding of the balance of power that needs to be maintained on the Central Continent. Besides, it wouldn't be long before the University sided with Morgan and then Roze would be fighting a two front war which is never a good idea unless you've got the army to back it up, which she doesn't currently. That's why the base was returned, to buy peace and restore some balance.

Personally, as a jump start my vote is for the 16 tech points. It'll help move the game foreward, and research will be at a snail's pace once we get started because of how far along it's getting.
Old January 25, 2001, 01:26   #30
[LordLMP]

Pirates dislike Morgan and University. Pirates into a "Trade War" with Morgan. anyway, CHIRON ALLIANCE now, which requires all members to be pacted with rest of members. Ment for Trade and Military. If Angels and Pirates and Cyborgs don't want Morgan/University in the alliance, because they don't want to be pact with them, so they are not in the alliance. As for previous planetary elections, Lal is currently governor, period, but election coming up, which allows players to choose who. Univ and Morgan Pact for sure, especially if they are not wanted in the Chiron Alliance.

Morgan: Average Tech (Gatling, slowly getting into Missile. Plasma Armor and still Fission Reactor) Average size and military.
Data Angels: above average Tech (Msl, Plasma and Fission) average and average military, with an naval fleet
University: Above Average tech (not including hidden Univ, which i think they can't be undiscovered for so long, especially where their bases is located, beside Cyborg.) Msl, Plasma and Fission. Average Size and military
Cyborg: Advance Tech (Msl, Silk, Fission) Average military and size.
Pirates: Above Average (Msl, Plasma, Fission) naval superioty. bases scattered.
Hive: Under Average tech (Gatling, Plasma, Fission) many bases and large military, with some quality units. (Yang's personal Guards maybe)
Free Drones: Average Tech (Gatling/getting into Msl, Plasma, Fission) Average size, semi large military of cheap units, with some quality.
Spartans: Average tech (Gatling/Msl, Plasma, Fission)
Average Size, strong military of quality
Believers: Poor in tech, many bases and large military
Cult: Poor in Tech, average size, average military of mindworms mostly.
Gaians: Above Average, average size, average military which half is mindworms
peacekeepers: above average, average amount of bases, average military and an naval fleet.

Air Units just started appearing in past decade or so, so still new and not fully up

How about that?

for tech, what are the important techs? Weapon, Armor, Chassis, Reactor, big ones like Industrial Automation and etc? we'll work around thoses. Pirates would have AAA and Marine Detachment and Amphibious abilities. Most of military in to Missile weaponry and Plasma armor, garrisons into 3-Res. Indust Automation for sure. Pirates recently acquired Air, so not much of an Air Force yet.

Oh and cyber, we haven't started yet we'll create a new thread. also should have the histories, tech, SPs and map done before we really start. will work on the map when i can sunday. so for now, tell if you wanna trust me in placing bases or tell me locations/names of bases. when i post new map, will type out all coordinates and of crossfire landmarks for the non-crossfire players. Map will be base on the Large Planet one, crossfire version, but just the new landmarks which is the difference to original.

The Histories of Gaians, Morgan, Drones, Peacekeepers, Cyborgs and Hive would need to be done up, but also leaving room for players to ends up taking them to improve it.

Cult and Believers don't really need one, even if they have been contacted before, contact with them are low and haven't done much of an different to player runned factions. also, they behind in tech and backwatered :P

-LordLMP