Old May 9, 2003, 19:47   #91
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
A communist never gets himself involved with Maoists
Says the revisionist Marxist.
Old May 9, 2003, 23:56   #92
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:00
Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art

@Comrade HongHu - I was worried you wouldn't make it. For some strange reason I couldn't send you a PM yesterday. Any idea why? Good to have you on board comrade.
Let's just say that the capitalist has tried spreading rumors about the lack of activation codes by some of our comrades but that's all lies! Yes, I am on board! The final victory always belongs to the party and the people!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 10, 2003, 07:49   #93
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
@Comrade HongHu

@Comrade Voltaire - Looks good, the people will at last clearly understand the structure of their government. At the moment it looks like you will be our first Chairman, Micha Minister of Information, me for Editorial Deputy (and Commissionar for Democratic Reform?)This leaves science, peace and industry ministries open for HongHu, Calc and Static Universe, am I right? Or have I forgotten someone/some position? Three people for three positions - get fighting guys Unless anyone wants to contest for Chairman? Of course if a ministry is left unfilled, more power goes to the Chairman And perhaps we have to create a ministry of social ideology for Tass

FORWARD IN BROTHERHOOD, COMRADESHIP, AND PEACE!
or
WORK, LAND AND BREAD!
are my suggestions for mottos

-Comrade Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 10, 2003, 15:58   #94
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Actually Comrade War of Art, I was thinking that if a ministry is left unfilled another minister/department takes on the portfolio of that ministry/department. But that should not be a problem in our great nation for there are enough good Communists ready to serve the People and the State.
Old May 10, 2003, 16:00   #95
Voltaire
King

The current candidates are as follows:

Chairman: Comrade Voltaire
Minister of Information: Comrade Micha
-----Editorial Deputy: Comrade War of Art
-----Commissioner of Democratic Reform: Comrade War of Art
Minister of Peace:
Minister of Scientific Knowledge:
Minister of Industry & Development:
-----Commissar of Economic Development:
-----Commissar of Infrastructure:

NOTE: No one person shall at any one time hold the office of more than one Ministry; though if not enough candidates place their names forwards, the departments subservient to a particular Ministry will be treated as portfolios of the Minister of that particular ministry.

The two remaining positions of Prefect and Commissioner of Foreign Relations will be decided on Planetfall by the joint meeting of the Peoples' Advisory Council and the Central Continuing Committee. Though candidates Commissioner of Foreign Relations should put their names forward now.

Commissioner of Foreign Relations:
Old May 10, 2003, 16:05   #96
Voltaire
King

Comrades, the forums are almost up. But we need to decide now on the Chairmanship for our faction for the administrators have asked that someone be appointed as moderator of the forums. All that is required for this to pass is the majority vote of the PAC of the Hiverian Communist Party. Remember Comrades, vote soon, and vote often.
Old May 10, 2003, 16:13   #97
Voltaire
King

Old May 10, 2003, 18:11   #98
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Comrades, the forums are almost up. But we need to decide now on the Chairmanship for our faction for the administrators have asked that someone be appointed as moderator of the forums. All that is required for this to pass is the majority vote of the PAC of the Hiverian Communist Party. Remember Comrades, vote soon, and vote often.
Comrade, you have my vote.

Under your glorious leadership the Hive shall surely attain levels of Peace and Prosperity undreamt of by our forefathers.

Long Live The Chairman!
Old May 10, 2003, 18:34   #99
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
The current candidates are as follows:

Minister of Scientific Knowledge:

Comrades, I would like to put my name forward for the position of Minister of Scientific Knowledge. In all areas of scientific endeavor I shall strive to serve the greater good of the collective and its goals.
Old May 10, 2003, 18:59   #100
Voltaire
King

Old May 10, 2003, 19:02   #101
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe
Comrades, I would like to put my name forward for the position of Minister of Scientific Knowledge. In all areas of scientific endeavor I shall strive to serve the greater good of the collective and its goals.
Comrade Static, the Party has long been awaiting your candidacy for the Ministry of Scientific Knowledge. Both the Party and the People have great faith in your abilities, surely through your research we will better the collective good and spread the revolution.
Old May 10, 2003, 19:04   #102
Voltaire
King

UPDATE

Chairman: Comrade Voltaire
Minister of Information: Comrade Micha
-----Editorial Deputy: Comrade War of Art
-----Commissioner of Democratic Reform: Comrade War of Art
Minister of Peace:
Minister of Scientific Knowledge: Comrade Static Universe
Minister of Industry & Development:
-----Commissar of Economic Development:
-----Commissar of Infrastructure:
Commissioner of Foreign Relations:
Old May 10, 2003, 19:13   #103
Voltaire
King

COMRADES GREAT NEWS!

With 4 of the 7 PAC votes in we are the first faction to have chosen a leader. I thank the Peoples’ Advisory Council and the Party for their support and faith in me, I will strive to live up to the expectations of the Party and the People for the betterment of the State.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 10, 2003, 19:37   #104
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
With 4 of the 7 PAC votes in we are the first faction to have chosen a leader.
Further proof that the Hive shall be first in all things!

Quote:
I thank the Peoples’ Advisory Council and the Party for their support and faith in me, I will strive to live up to the expectations of the Party and the People for the betterment of the State.

The masses cry out for leadership and at last they have it! Lone live the Chairman! Long live the Human Hive!
Old May 10, 2003, 21:47   #105
Voltaire
King

Purple: Central Continuing Committee (CCC)
Red: People’s Ministries
Yellow: Presidium of Prefectures
Green: Departments, Commissions, etc.
Blue: PRAVDA
Old May 10, 2003, 21:48   #106
Voltaire
King

Comrades, I bring to you a new government chart for the Hiveran State. It is improved for the benefit of the people. The only major amendment that is included is that now the Presidium of Prefectures is appointed by the CCC and holds power over the Ministry of Industry and Development.

Though given that our faction at this time is not large, there will be no need to appoint Prefects for the time being. As such the MID will take on the role of the PP.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 11, 2003, 12:42   #107
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Very nice

-Jam
Old May 11, 2003, 12:46   #108
Jamski
Deity

Oh - Voltaire you need to PM MarkG with your name and the team name, if you've not done that already.

Chairman - Voltaire
Team - The Human Hive

Then we can get our personal forum running

-Jam
Old May 11, 2003, 14:46   #109
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:00
Great to see that the people now have the leader they deserved!
Hail to Chairman Voltaire!!!

The Ministry of Information announces:
The people of our great faction, the highest stage in human evolution, have appointed their beloved comrade Voltaire to serve them as the new, glorious and incredibly powerful leader!
Total votes pro: 97.9 %
Total votes contra: 0.2 %
abstentions: 3.6 %

Congratulations Voltaire!!!
Old May 11, 2003, 14:53   #110
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:00
Quote:
Total votes pro: 97.9 %
Total votes contra: 0.2 %
abstentions: 3.6 %
This humble but rational ambassador of the Cybernetic Consciousness would like to note to the Minister of Information that the election seems to have been frauded. Because when you have a look at how many people have voted, you reach a total of 101.7% of the total Hive population. The Collective Assembly would recommend a recount to double-check if there haven't been made any oh-so-human inefficient mistakes.
Old May 11, 2003, 15:06   #111
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
Oh - Voltaire you need to PM MarkG with your name and the team name, if you've not done that already.

Chairman - Voltaire
Team - The Human Hive

Then we can get our personal forum running

-Jam
Done and done.
Old May 11, 2003, 15:17   #112
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
This humble but rational ambassador of the Cybernetic Consciousness would like to note to the Minister of Information that the election seems to have been frauded. Because when you have a look at how many people have voted, you reach a total of 101.7% of the total Hive population. The Collective Assembly would recommend a recount to double-check if there haven't been made any oh-so-human inefficient mistakes.
Actually Comrade Ambassador Maniac, you should double check your computer algorisms, since they were used to tally the votes.
Old May 11, 2003, 15:21   #113
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Err... that's impossible... this can't be... Our computer systems are infallable!!! Yes indeed: Infallable I say! You must have used those University of Planet computers, gifted to you a few days ago. Probably it was an attempt by an anti-Marxist group to sabotage your elections. Yes, that must have been it!
Old May 11, 2003, 16:00   #114
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
You must have used those University of Planet computers, gifted to you a few days ago. Probably it was an attempt by an anti-Marxist group to sabotage your elections. Yes, that must have been it!

The Ministery of Information is currently checking your accusation. Shall this turn out to be true, the State Security of the Hive will be forced to take the neccessary steps to protect their citizens...

Furthermore, the votes have been recounted. The 0.2% contra voters couldnīt be found this morning. They seem to have disappeared... Strange, isnīt it?

According to the information given to me, more than 101.5 % of our people have participated in that election.
That result clearly shows the superior abilities of our government system and the incredibly high efficiency of the HIVE

(OOC: Maniac, I was referring to the elections we had in Eastern Germany. Newspapers announced numbers like: 99.7% pro, 0.6% contra. If the PRAVDA says so, it MUST be true! )
Old May 11, 2003, 16:13   #115
Maniac

Old May 11, 2003, 19:42   #116
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:00
I wish to nominate myself as a position for

Promoter of Public Morale
*holds nerve staple in hand*

I am here for the fun and newsletter, though I may have trouble in the weekend accessing the net.

Hail Voltaire, the Hive Chairperson.
Old May 11, 2003, 20:29   #117
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 20:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
A communist never gets himself involved with Maoists
Now thats just a poor excuse

Now stop kissing up to Proktor Saratov because he's Russian and join the Hives!

Old May 11, 2003, 20:29   #118
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
Hail Voltaire, the Hive Chairperson.
Son, you're talking Hive here. You don't need to keep with that PC sensetive bullshit round there - it's not like the Hive gives a flying funk bout stuff like that.

Call him a Chairman already.

Beloved Leader will probably go down well too.
Old May 11, 2003, 20:33   #119
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:00
I wasn't sure what gender Voltaire is. I guess I should have checked the userID. I'm kinda new here.
Old May 11, 2003, 20:58   #120
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
Beloved Leader will probably go down well too.
I would advise everyone to discard the “principle” of devotion to persons. It is not the Communist way. Be devoted to the working class, its Party, its State. That is a fine and useful thing. But do not confuse it with devotion to persons, this vain and useless bauble of weak-minded intellectuals.