Old March 15, 2001, 23:27   #61
Natan
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by [LordLMP] on 03-15-2001 09:55 PM
OOC: Before anything risks of getting screwed up again, I created General Kane and already made plans for the Hive. The Hive doesn't like the Spartans, no matter of their Police State. But they are not allies with the Chiron Alliance, or with the Peacekeepers. But they have made a secret deal with Braddock for Air Power and so on. I haven't said much about here because than Cyber would know and wouldn't be a surprise. Thats why i avoided the details, so Cyber wouldn't exactly be ready to counter. Sorry, will have to email you about the plans i had for the Hive, or Guardian could, as i told him of it. Better he doesn't explain it either in the game, would ruin the fun But you can play the Hive in meatime and everything after the Hive follows up on their side of the deal.
Peacekeepers ideals may be opposite mostly to the Hive, but they are neutral relation wise. The only ones they seriously dislike in the Chiron Alliance are the Pirates, as they were the ones that caused the most damage to the Hive in the Hive War 30-40 years ago.

To: General Braddock ****encrypted****

Things are going as planned, don't worry Braddock.

General Kane of Hive

To: Chairman Yang

Sir, Stage 2 of the plan are moving to position while Stage 1 is being readied. Chairman, I do not want to question you, but why are we negociating with the Spartans and their new allies?

General Kane

U.N. Humanity Base near Planetneck
(i am not on my computer, so not sure of the names)

Five Hive Gatling Rovers have crossed the Planetneck to Peacekeepers territory and are now moving north to U.N. Data Acquisition via U.N. Disaster Relief.

The Peacekeepers along the way are aware of them and keeping an eye on them. They were advised that the Hive have came to help and are not to be harrassed.

OOC:
Whoa there, hold your horses. Maybe we'd better work this out before we set it in motion, because from what I've read so far it appears that what you're doing with my faction may result in severe negative consequences to my diplomatic relations. I'm more interested in ideology than personal grudges, and I think that fits with Yang's personality and ideology. Who cares if the Spartans attacked me 40 years ago, what I care about is who will still be my ally when I'm nerve stapling drones, massacring innocent civillians, and nerve gassing my enemies. It makes no sense to make an ally who considers my form of government to be the purest incarnation of evil.

edit: Let me add that I can probably get D: Air power from the Spartans just as easily as from General Bradock, now that I've joined them.
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited March 15, 2001).]
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2001, 01:08   #62
[LordLMP]

OOC: Natan, check for my response concerning this matter in the Admin thread...which i thought when i replied there it was the discussion thread :P all matters like this should be discuss in the CC Discussion thread, not the Game or Admin thread. All players should pay attention to the Discussion thread and the Admin. Oh, Natan, maybe edit the message you used up for OOC with Yang's reply to Kane's questioning message.
Another thing, Cyber's Facist Spartan Police State is more evil than Hive :P genocide, murder, slaughtering, facism, being evil in general and so on ain't Yang's ideals either or it is efficient in most cases. I only see Hive use Nerve Stapling to keep its Drones in line. Forced Labour and slavery are two different things. related yes, but different still. Hive are into efficiency and order. at the moment, Spartan's atrocities in this game is worst than Hive's nerve stapling, forced labour, denying human rights and so on. but of course, you can mess up the Hive however you wish and ruined my views of them as Cyber ruined my view of Spartans :P

To: General Braddock *****encrypted*****

I have some bad news for you my friend, Yang as decided not to honor the deal with you and has been negociating with the Spartans in joining their alliance with the Morganites and University. I do of course oppose of this.

Because that i do, I cannot stay in Hive territory anymore. I will crossing the planetneck into your territory with the rest of my loyal troops (3 Gatling Rovers and 1 Gatling Squad). The units already sent into your territory are loyal to me aswell, so don't worry about them. I suggest you get units ready on your side of the planetneck as Yang's Security Forces may come after me.

I will contact you again when i get to your U.N. Humanity Base.

General Kane of Hive
[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 16, 2001).]
Old March 16, 2001, 11:11   #63
Natan
Prince

to: General Kane
Continue with previous orders. Reverse cancellation. Please continue.

To: An-ji Tsao, minister of education

Due to the constant threat of "Free" Drone propaganda, I am ordering you to step up efforts to ensure purity of thought amongst the people. All citizens will be required to undergo 30 hours of mandatory education refreshment. Maintain close monitoring of citizens not considered ideologically pure, and require them to attend 120 hours of mandatory re-education in the next month. In addition, maintain close supervision of internal passports. Only citizens certified to be ideologically pure shall be allowed outside base perimeters for any reason, except under armed guard.

To: The Council
In three monthes time, representatives of the Council Commission on Human Rights are invited to visit the Hive base of their choosing, excepting the Hive, to monitor human rights. Commission members will be allowed to visit any part of the base, excepting those areas where visitation by foriegners would constitute a danger to security.

Additionally, I have a question of great importance to ask of the Council: Is it permissible to violate the laws of war in the course of vendetta against a violator of those said laws?
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited March 16, 2001).]

edited a mistake.
Old March 16, 2001, 11:36   #64
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:33
(OOC: Yes, the counter-attack in Operation Fury would be closer to UN Haven City than Data Acquisition, but essentially, the elite reserve units and their "followers" are operating out of the desert area between these two, which means that if the Spartans break through the defensive lines on either side and proceed to attack either base while this force remains in the field, they'll be exposing their flank...
And yes, by rover unit, I mean a group of the things.
-Wouldn't be very smart to run a counter-attack attack against the Spartans with just 10 rovers all in all, now would it?
As for the ECM... yes, it would affect the Peacekeepers too, but it wouldn't be a major problem for them. Modern ECM equipment pretty much lets you decide which frequencies to jam, so it is technically possible to leave your own frequencies alone. That is, with heavy jamming going on, all frequencies will be degraded, but not necessarily to the point of being rendered useless. So, I am assuming that yes, there would be some disturbances for the PKs as well, but nothing really serious as long as they don't come too far apart... Also, their sensors would be less than reliable at long ranges unless they pause the jamming when they're going to have a look around... -which they probably will if the Spartans are that far away...
The 5 elite reserve units took minimal damage (0-10%) in the counter-attack and have now returned to their own lines with their 5 "followers" (damage 10-40%). They also have the support 7 artillery units (5 from the reserve forces + 2 from the front) + whatever the defenders in their bunkers can throw in if the Spartans venture too close. Remaining frontal units are assumed to be either re-organizing or still racing for the lines. I imagine the missing rover unit with 80+% damage would be overtaken and make a desperate last stand somewhere in the desert north of the lines, only to be cut to pieces and never be seen or heard of again, whereas the remaining 6 would reach the lines with 30-60 % damage. Their total strength would probably amount to that of about 3,5 fresh units, and even that will be available only after these guys have had a while to rest and recover. As for the artillery, 3 units were left out at the front. One of these units had the ill fortune of being outflanked while trying to provide cover fire for a group of rovers in a tight spot. The fire mission ended abruptly and all contact with the unit was lost before anyone had the time to do anything about it. The remaining two artillery units are assumed to have scattered and run as fast as they could towards the defense lines. I expect about 1,5 of them will reappear somewhere along the lines within another day or so... Anyway, that's enough OOC for some time! )

Peacekeeper defense line, nortwest of Haven City

The defenders cheered as the victorious rover units returned to the lines. Standing high in his command vehicle, commander Cooke returned the salute of a soldier on the ground and allowed himself a thin smile, savoring the moment of triumph. They had won! They had stopped the Spartans cold.
-But unfortunately not for long...
Their victory had provided the troops with a much needed morale-boost. He would allow them to celebrate for a moment. But Cooke knew that this one victory would mean little unless they could follow it up.

The Spartans have had a taste of our fury...
-Now we will have a taste of theirs!

Continental Peacekeeper HQ, U.N. Enforcement Base

General Braddock stared at the information in front of him and frowned...
Oh sh*t... now what??
The initial phase of Operation Fury had been an outstanding succes, destroying two Spartan units and badly decimating two more for the price of casualties and injuries amounting to maybe half a PK unit. But now the Spartans would be seriously pissed off! -And with the recent developments on the Hive front, so would Yang. What the hell had come over Yang anyway?! He had always suspected the chairman and his moods could be dangerous, but joining forces with the Spartans??!?
He sighed.
Things had just gone from bad to worse.

(OOC: The Peacekeepers don't know of Yang's change of heart yet...)

To: General Kane

Well, these are dire news indeed, my friend. I guess I never trusted Yang the way you did, but even I wouldn't have thought this of him. Joining forces with the Spartans??!? Ah well... I suppose there's nothing we can do about it now... Get your forces over here as quickly as possible and we will close the border. Together, we can hopefully think of something...

Braddock

To: Commander Grafton, Special Forces

Commander, we have a situation here. Chairman Yang has decided not to honor a secret deal we made with the Hive and is joining forces with the Spartans! General Kane appears to have defected with those troops loyal to him and is currently moving his command accross the Planetneck and into our territory. I need you to take a couple of your best units and close the border once Kane's men have crossed over, as Yang will probably send his security forces after them. I shall arrange for some reinforcements to be sent from the Humanity Base garrison, + whatever else I can dig up, but at the moment I am afraid we do not have much of a force to send. Luckily, that narrow strip of land is easily defended, and so hopefully they will think twice about attempting to cross it when they know we're ready for them.

To: Chiron Alliance leaders, Prophet Cha Dawn & Alethea Betts of the Cult

Friends, the situation here is more than my forces can handle on their own. Any help you can give would be gratefully accepted. I am afraid we have little to offer in return at the moment, but we have long memories...

Braddock

Peacekeeper defense line, nortwest of Haven City

The troops were hastily preparing to defend their positions against whatever the Spartans had in store for them... The rovers were once again being hidden just behind line and wold act as a "rapid response" force. Those units that had AA weapons were preparing these and interceptors were being scrambled from Haven City to provide air cover. Cooke was starting to feel more confident again. But then a terrible thought struck him; What if the Spartans decided to counter soporific gas with nerve gas??
He couldn't put that beyond them.
Hurriedly, he grabbed his handmike and started issuing another string of orders...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited March 17, 2001).]
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2001, 11:57   #65
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC: But right now the elite reserves are near UN haven city, and the trip to Data Acquisition is about 800km.So, you will have to probably choose what base you will defend, and what lose )

Near UN Data Acquisition

It was done. The combined Southern and Northern armies had crushed the peacekeeper units defending the area near UN Data Acquisition.
The battlefield was littered with hundreds of rover carcasses, almost all of them peacekeeper by origin. Here and there you could see a burned body, hanging out of one of the blasted rovers, and in the horizon you could see the bunkers. The defenders there were probably quite pissed, as they had just witnessed the massacre of their comrades.

The Spartans were now backing away, not even bothering to notice the now decreasing PK artillery bombardment, hitting the spot they had been a while ago.

The rovers traveled for a few hours to get out of the artillery range, and soon a camp built around what seemed to be a collection of sensor arrays, came into view. The six Spartan units, more than 150 rovers altogether, gathered and stopped around the camp, the rover occupants getting out of the vehicles. It was time of rest and relaxation for the soldiers.

As the main camp got crowded with new units coming constantly in, a little further a smaller makeshift building, obviously in hurry built, was silent.
Inside were all the peacekeeper POW´s , captured on this side of the front. The air inside was stale and hot as there was only one air generator. The prisoners all looked tired, with many of them wounded and dying. The atmosphere was that of a beaten man, not wanting to accept the truth, but still facing it constantly.
Above them, on platforms attached to the walls, were the grim Spartan guards, a ready Gatling machine gun in their hands.
It was the perfect prison. The peacekeepers had no air masks, so even if they escaped, the nitrogen outside would kill them quickly. This building was their world for now.

Commander Weiss watched from the monitor in his command rover, as successful rover units were returning back from all over his side of the front.
This would do worlds to his power status back in home. And not to Halzburgs, as news told his forces were having trouble on their front.
Not my problem, let the old fart handle his shi… he thought.

“Sir, we have received a message from General Von Halzburg.” The young comm. officer interrupted the commanders thoughts.

Damn. What now?
“” Channel it to the screen here.”” The commander replied, without giving even a hint of the irritation and anger, that messages from Halzburg normally caused in him.

The screen in front of him was filled with text.

To: Commander Weiss

Commander, there’s no time to rest now. As you have probably already heard, we have encountered one big problem here, called the peacekeepers Reserve units. Check you’re your intelligence data about them.
However, you have a once in a lifetime chance now. According to witness accounts, all of the units are on this side. Between you and Data Acquisition there is nothing but the Bunkers. Make up a good strategy and ram through them. I want you to be in Data Acquisition in one day…

Make up a good strategy and ram through them. Idiot. How am I going to go through the defense lines, and conquer Data Acquisition in one day?
Weisses good mood was gone now, replaced by anger and frustration.

hmm… the POWs…the PK´s are ready to shoot a Spartan, but how about another peacekeeper… a devilish smile appeared on his face.

Two guards were walking besides the colonna of peacekeeper prisoners, being transported towards the main camp.

“Poor sods” one of them said to the other. “I heard those guys are going to be strapped on the front armor of the first attack wave.”

The Prelude to the battle near UN Data Acquisition

The massive, combined army of altogether fourteen elite rovers and two elite artilleries began to move towards the peacekeeper bunkers, picking up speed and readying for a bloody attempt to break the peacekeeper lines.
They will attack the defense line in two places, leaving one bunker in the middle, and will crush that third one from two sides.
The first waves of attacking rovers will have at least one peacekeeper strapped with synthglue into their frontal armor, leaving almost none space for a defender to shoot at without killing the peacekeeper.

Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2001, 12:26   #66
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:33
OOC: I will not be able to post for about a week
Joke: The New Apex Alliance to the Chiron Alliance "All your bases are belong to us"
Note: I will add the tech, thanks.

To: Colonel Santiago

How about, "The Apex Alliance" for we symbolize the best Chiron has to offer in war, industry, and technology.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2001, 12:52   #67
Natan
Prince

woops
Old March 16, 2001, 16:19   #68
[LordLMP]

OOC: Geez Cyber, Spartans has commited enough atrocities to end up paying Sanctions for the rest of their existence :P Guardian, do you mean North-West of Haven City? North-east of the defence lines doesn't really exist, there is the sea. Another note, General Kane is still Hive and will always consider himself Hive, same with his troops. They are joining forces with the Peacekeepers, but not exactly defecting. Its just a Rogue Hive Army, and General Kane just opposes Yang's latests decisions.

Planetneck

General Kane and his remaining Loyal units have started crossing the Planetneck. The Rovers had to slow down so the Infantry Unit can keep up and because of the narrowness of the Planetneck. They are quite vulnerable by Artillery bombarbment if any ship decided to attack them, but General Kane knew that there asn't any Hive ship close enough to reach them in time to attack before that cross into PK territory.

Kane remembers well when he led his Army against Braddock's along the crossing. Both sides were in a deadlock practicly during the whole Hive War, but both Kane and Braddock succeeded in breaking in each others sides, but was quickly stoped and pushed back. When the Hive War ended, both Kane and Braddock met each other on the planetneck to shake each others hands. Since then, Kane and Braddock occasionally contacted each other secretly.

U.N. Data Acquisition

The Five Hive Units, currently lead by Major Kurita until General Kane have succssfully transfered is command to U.N. Humanity Base, are moving quickly to U.N. Data Acquisition. They have just pass U.N. Disaster Relief. The roads are quite helpful.

Old March 16, 2001, 16:40   #69
Christantine The Great
Prince

Manifold Nexus...

The Datatech rover swerved between the broken spires of the Manifold Complex. It screeched to a stop close to the main building and the crew got out as instructed, personally, by Datajack Roze. A small door opened in the side of a smaller structure and the two Datatechs stepped in. The door shut.

Outside, several drones brought the rover inside of the main building. It decended into the garage and the drones removed the reactors. They placed the reactors into the two waiting Mk I Ogres. The Ogres rode the elevator up to the surface and the drones disappeared again.

The small structure that the Datatechs were in let them out. The walked into a huge shadow. There were the two Ogres. The Ogres gave out a strange energy wave that rippled through them. "Resonance," one of the Datatechs said. They each took one Ogre and made top speed to the University units.

The University Scout Patrols assigned to watch over the Manifold Nexus were impaitent. They had been following the presumed Datatech probe team all day and wanted to finish them off. They marched on toward the Nexus. Suddenly the ground began to shake and the air seemed to vibrate all around them. Two huge...Ogres...appeared and opened fire. The resonance lasers ripped up the ground around the patrol. They ran. They were cut down.

The undamaged Ogres continued off toward Datatech territory, ready for their first assignment.

(Whenever the good Datatech needs a repair job just stop by the Manifold Jiffi-Lube.)

OOC: Each real day is two weeks in game time right?
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2001, 21:50   #70
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:33
TO: General Braddock

Commander, I have heard reports of your use of soporific gas against the Spartans. I feared the use of biological and chemical weapons would be inevitable, however I wish you could have informed me earlier.

Prehaps you are not aware that Chirons native lifeforms such as mindworms are completely immune to all known gas based weapons. Hence my native forces can work normally under conditions highly unpleasent or fatal to humans.

I have ordered Alethea to have the mindworm units distribute themselves amongst your troops, if the spartans should resort to nervegas weapons my mindworms will attempt to defend your forces. Hopefully it will be enough to save your troops a terrible fate. Also if you wish to use Soporific gas in future engagments feel free to use plenty of it, my spore launchers should compliment the soporific gas attack, the corrosive rain can quickly dissolve holes in any protective gear the spartans attempt to use and thus maximise the effects of the gas.

OOC: Guardian, feel free to use Cult native forces as if they were your own units, the numbers can be found in admin thread, at present the mindworms have been spreading out behind the defense lines. Mindworms destroy aircraft by playing mindtricks on the pilots, convincing them to attack teammates, land in a tree, activating self destruct, ejecting and so on. Spore launchers can fire spores which hang in the air and act like tempory airborne mine fields, any plane to fly into it starts dissolving.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2001, 00:38   #71
[LordLMP]

OOC: I am back home now. Because of the war, each real day at the moment is slowed down to one game week. The war as lasted 2-3 months now and so on. How many squares do we have in the huge map of Chiron? in the book, it says Chiron is bigger than earth. A square cannot really equal to 100kmx100km. For now, i just say 500km x 500km for the squares. the whole front lines is stretch to several thousands of kilometres or so :P
The Defence Lines is as been establish in way that enemy Rover units cannot simple run through them. And the do remember, those are ECM Gatling Squads, they can shoot back and cause damage to Spartan Units. ECM is a ability which counters the Rovers advantage in mobility. So they cannot use the advantage of their speed/mobility and so on to simply run through the Defence Lines. Oh and Soporific Gas is pernament you know! everytime you get attacked by Sopo Gas, you loose two Morale. Artillery ain't as effctive, but normal units with sopo gas is. Even Spartan Morale can get seriously dented by it, not easily shrug off like Cyber make it seem. The Frontal and Defence Artillaries have been upgraded to have the SAM ability you know, they can attack Air Units with long range artillery attacks. And they don't get negatives when attack ground units as they are ground units themselves.

NAUTILUS SAILOR NEWS

The Great Planet War goes continues...

This Chiron Wide War may end up lasting awhile like those World Wide wars on Earth. As we feared since Planetfall, we brought war along with us...

The Central Continent Front...

War on the Central Front isn't as bad as the Eastern Front. So far, there only various skirmishs along the borders. We don't how long that may last. Both our Home and First Fleets ships continue to bombard the Morganite and University bases. The only resistance they are giving at the moment are their ground base impact artilleries which are barely causing any damage.
The Morganite and University ships are nowhere to be seen...

Hive is joining forces with the Spartans!...

It seems the Hive are currently negociating with the Spartans to join forces against the Peacekeepers. Hive Navy is not threat to us either, but there chances that Hive may acquire missile weaponry technology from the Spartans and others from University. Free Drones are place in terrible position aswell as the Hive may just cancel their Blood Truce with them.
At the moment, the Free Drones are declaring Neutrality along with the Believers.

Note: Artillery Bombarbment on Bases doesn't just do damage on the defending units, but on the base aswell.

To: Nautilus Probe Team, now at Janissary Rock ****enhanced encryption and via Free Drones****

Your Probe Team is to incite riots among the Drones and the rest of Hivian populace there. After that, try converting the base to Free Drones, so using their propaganda. Your are not told to frame them, just convert the base for the Free Drones. Energy Credits will be place in your Probe Teams Free Drone accounts to help fund your efforts. If the base is not converted by the time the coming attack has been detected by the base, you are to bring their Perimeter Defence. The Probe Team in Free Drone territory will help in their end however they can.

Branko

To: Colonel Rohrer ****enhanced encryption****

You are to lead the Battle Dragon units into the Upland Wastes north of the Spartan territory and to secure it of anything Spartan. Report to me when that is completed.

General Greenway
Commander of the Nautilus Battle Dragons

OOC: Janissary Rock is made up mostly of ex-Hive population, no? and just a reminder, Battle Dragon units have AAA abilities and are Elite.
Oh and the Battle Dragons are not in the habit of having Transponders or any markings to identify their units as Nautilus Pirates. They are pirates :P so any faction cannot really identify them once the units are detected, unless the Battle Dragons use transponders codes and markings of other factions whom they disguise as. So Free Drone transponders as been removed, but three of the units there only had the FD markings scrub or scratch off.

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 17, 2001).]
Old March 17, 2001, 05:06   #72
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC:Yes, the pop in Jan.Rock is mostly ex-Hive, but as I wrote in CC Summaries, they are absolutely loyal Spartans.The Northern army is even mostly composed of children of the ex-hive slaves.With such Morale, Support and Police ratings, its going to be hard to incite even a lighter on Spartan area .
Btw, how large is the Battle Dragon force moving into the wastes? there is a secret Spartan airbase in the wastes, with its nearby ares covered with sensor arrays.So they are elite, huh? So are the Spartans )

To: Alexandro Demeneras, SFBI

Sir, somebody has definately been here. We found evidence that enemy probe teams have been tampering with multitude of files, like troop orders etc.
But they are long gone now, my suggestion is that we close the borders with the Free Drones.

To: Foreman Domai, Free Drones

We have evidence that the trade treaty between us has been abused by your side. We found out enemy probe team actions in Centurion Cave, and as the only way for the Probe team to come here is through the trade route, the case is clear.
I am hereby nullifying the trade treaty between us and the borders are to be closed.We are dissapointed in you, Foreman Domai.

(OOC: This really doesn´t do good on Sparta-Free Drones relations )

In the secret airbase, located in the northern part of the wastes

Three large transport jets, straight from the factory, activated their powerful engines.
One by one, they came to the airstrip and lifted up.
Contrary to most logic, their destination was not south, but north.
Two of them carried enough population and equipment for a new colony, and one was stuffed full with a probe team unit and dozens of nuclear bombs.

The destination of the two air transports was the island north of Chiron continent, more exactly the coordinates of 81,11 . There they would land and drop off their cargo of colonists, then wait for there for further orders.
The one air transport was to go to the North pole, and drop the team and the nuclear explosives there, and then return back home.
These jets were universal, when speaking about landing. Their jumbo engines could turn 180 degrees, so they could morph, when landing, into copters.Even the landing area wasn’t a problem. Ground, water, ice, you name it.

The three jets rose high, high enough so bare eyes couldn’t see them, and so that even radars had problems detecting them.
The beautiful twin-sun dawn greeted the jets and their occupants, turning everything around them for a moment into a dazzling dance of sunrays.

Description: So three universal landing-transport jets with AAA tracking and large fuel cells but not nano fuelcells, so nothing less and nothing more

(OOC: Guardian, I´ll post the attack stories soon… have patience.)

Old March 17, 2001, 11:02   #73
[LordLMP]

OOC: Island north of Chiron Continent? there is the Pirate Island, which has three Pirate bases, and does have a interceptor unit stationed there. The other bigger island north-west has various exploration teams from Pirates, Angels, Free Drones and maybe even Hive :P Oh Cyber, pipe down with the nukes will ya please. Oh and do remember Cyber, you moved your Northern Army to the Front Lines Loyal or not, riots can still happen, same with conversion.

To: Colonel Santiego, Spartan Federation

Accuse us of abusing the trade routes for sneaking in Probe Teams? I should say the same for you Spartans in the last several decades.

Foreman Domai

dream to planetmind

please planetmind... relations with the spartans is deteriating... negociations with hive is just an show... hive joinign forces with spartans... free drones may suffer war against the spartans and hive... free drones will not survive if your mindworms continue to attack us aswell...

Hive and Spartans borders with Free Drones

The Free Drones reinforces the Blockade along the Hive border, and are starting to establishe another along the Spartan borders.

To: Chiron Alliance Leaders

With the Hive joining forces with the Spartans and relations with the Spartans detoriating, Free Drones may suffer a two front war soon, including one within our territory against Planemind whoms mindworms continue to harrass our bases and units.

Pirates has been already helping us somewhat in last few decades and now i need more help. The Freedom of my people is important, including one of the only Democratic Civilized Faction on this continent.

Foreman Domai

Old March 17, 2001, 15:29   #74
Cyber
Warlord

To: Foreman Domai

Yes we have, but nothing this serious. Anyway, the borders are closed now, but do not worry, we won´t attack you.
As you have probably heard, our relations with the Hive have changed drastically. They are now in Alliance with us.
As a favor, I will try to talk them into signing a Peace treaty with you, but that requires cooperation from your side, of course. You must not continue to spread propaganda and convert Hive citizens on your side, or do anything else against them. Otherwise, if you continue the same line, we won´t be able to help your faction.

Chairman, we have some business to do. I know the Free Drones are your long time enemies, but forget about that for a moment.
We would like to ask you to sign a peace treaty with them, at this time it would be good for your and our interests. I talked to Domai, and I´m sure he will agree not to convert any more of your citizen.
And what do I offer for this? Why, my friend, technology!
What would Synthetic fossil fuels and Advanced Military algorithms sound like?

Old March 17, 2001, 20:28   #75
Natan
Prince

Chairman, we have some business to do. I know the Free Drones are your long time enemies, but forget about that for a moment.
We would like to ask you to sign a peace treaty with them, at this time it would be good for your and our interests. I talked to Domai, and I´m sure he will agree not to convert any more of your citizen.
And what do I offer for this? Why, my friend, technology!
What would Synthetic fossil fuels and Advanced Military algorithms sound like?

[/quote]

To: Colonel Corazon Santiago

An excellent proposal. I am willing to agree, as long as I recieve both techs stated, and as long as all Drone propaganda ceases within my borders. If Domai will agree to this, I will certainly accept.
Old March 18, 2001, 00:46   #76
Christantine The Great
Prince

OOC: Jets that "morph" into copters? What?

Dream to Foreman Domai...

I cannot stop those Planetworms. Your rampant pollution has triggered a self-defence system encoded deep into the Planetary Mind. Even I cannot touch that mind. Those Planetworms are no longer under my control and any that I send to stop them will be turned to the Planetary Mind's control. I cannot stop them. I fear for the death of innocent Earthdrones but it cannot be stopped...

Dream to Datajack Roze...

I hope you find the Planetogres useable. They are quite unique to the forces of the entire planet. Use them carefully and always bring them to the Nexus for repairs. They are the only known machines I can use on Planet. I do not intend to lose them.

OOC: Two real days since the IoD left from the PK island. It should be to the Spartan continent by now.

Old March 18, 2001, 10:17   #77
Cyber
Warlord

The battle of Falling Walls, near UN Data Acquisition

The Spartans were coming. They were coming, and they were determined to brake through the Peacekeeper Defense lines. The screams of terror, coming from the peacekeeper prisoners glued to their rovers front armor, showed the how far this determination could go.

The Spartan Rover army came in fast. In two separate groups, they were making their way towards the Peacekeeper bunkers.
The plan was to attack two separate bunkers, leaving a third in the middle. This third bunker would then be conquered, and used to guard the new safeway for the Spartans into the Peacekeeper heartland.

Soon after the Spartans made into the view of the bunkers, a living hell began. Seemingly hundreds of artillery guns started bombarding the Spartan rovers. Explosions molded the earth among the Spartans, hitting rovers right and left. Most of them were able to stand the hit, but somewhere there was always some unlucky one. As the Spartans spread even more thin and divided into smaller groups, to lessen the damage done by furious bombardment, the situation of casualties could be seen. There were burning Spartan rovers everywhere, among the old carcasses of destroyed peacekeeper rovers.

The army continued forward, unshaken by the constant bombardment. As they got nearer, the the Comm. Jammers of the defenders were activated.
After an initial confusion, the failsafe was activated. All around the Spartan groups, lasers started flashing. This was a time taking and not very precise, but in this situation, a working method of communication. But much of their other helping and for some situations, lifesaving systems, like the radar, weren’t working.

“Sir! Come here!” A peacekeeper soldier was obviously panicking, on top of the bunker. He was manning one of the heavy Gatling guns defending the fortress. One of this sections sergeants came running next to the tall gun platform.

“”What is it Soldier!? I don´t have time for this! “” he shouted back. The Spartans shouldn’t be in range, yet.

“Si-Sir, I think you should see this…” the monitor on the lower console next to the gun platform flashed to life. The monitor showed a live picture from one of the long-range cameras. I was a figure, hanging on a front armor of a Spartan rover, in crucifix position. On the suit the figure wore, was the emblem of the Peacekeepers. Another peacekeeper soldier, obviously alive and aware of his situation.

“”I know that guy, I was in the same class with him, in the academy! Sir, I can´t shoot at them! I mean, they are only Spartans, but… I´d probably kill one of our guys in the process… I…” the soldiers was now whining, almost in a shock of seeing his comrade and friend in that situation.

The Sergeant was still looking at the monitor, his face pale. He protruded a shaking hand towards the in-line comm.

Minutes later, the whole bunker saw in what peril their comrades were. Soldiers from all Gatling sections were horrified by what they saw. They started hesitating, and when it was time to open fire, they didn´t.
The defenders lines were in confusion and horror. Some soldiers closed their eyes as they targeted the nearest Spartan rovers, some were in panic, crying when seeing their friends and comrades and imagining, without even wanting to, what might it be if they were in the same situation. This was the ultimate atrocity for them

Commander Weiss saw that his gambling had paid off. It was time for the Spartans to act.

“They aren´t firing at us, though were now in range. Sir?”

Commander Weiss was satisfied. Their losses would still be tremendous, but not as much if those peacekeeper would have had the first shot.
Yet another artillery shell hit the ground nearby shaking the command rover.

The commander didn’t even blink, as didn’t anyone else in the rover.

“”Open fire and then charge in …and put the song on…”” Weiss was now smiling, as if the devil himself had possessed him.

“Yes Sir!”. Their comm. officer was up a ladder, and in a small window area, a window shaping around him like a dome. Next to him was a comm. laser and small keyboard. After he wrote the message on the keyboard, the laser started automatically sending the message in short bursts to the nearest rovers, into special mirror-like receivers, which in turn automatically sent the message forward, and so on.

The song was an old earth classic, Blind Guardian: Ashes to ashes…

The Spartans shot their missiles, beginning from the command rover and going like a wave through the Spartan ranks, the gunners shooting as soon as they got the command message.
In mere moments, the suns were covered behind a huge cloud of missiles, going towards the now seemingly small peacekeeper bunker fortification.
Just then did the peacekeepers understand what a mistake they had done, and opened fire. Beams of Gatling fire rippled through the air, hitting more than hard the first lines of Spartans.
Rovers exploded and tumbled, their front armors and human shields smashed to pieces by the deadly precision of the Gatling guns. The first waves of Spartan rovers were almost exclusively made out of Msl rovers, and the fact that they didn’t have much of a armor, made the defenders task seem easier.
But it was too late for the peacekeepers now. The huge swarms of missiles hit the bunker with a powerful punch, blowing in the bunkers “walls”, and destroying most of the guns immediately. Tons of rock and plasma steel flew as the rovers opened a hole into the bunker-fortress.

Most of the guns had been destroyed, but not all. Now the first rows of Spartan rovers or what was left of them, were blowing their way through the rubble, with the crew of the rovers behind the first waves readying itself for close combat.

It was one hour after the initial charge into the bunker. The battle had been bogged down into a slugfest, between the remaining gatling-gun platforms and rovers. Although the first sections and even the whole “wall” had been completely destroyed by the swarm of missiles, the next smaller fortifications and the guns in them hadn’t been damaged so badly. Most of the first wave Msl rovers had been destroyed or damaged by now, and their crews are now fighting the battle on foot.

Sarge was screaming something to me. I couldn´t hear him, though he was right next to me. I just stared him.
Suddenly, he threw his missile launcher down from his shoulders, and hit me hard straight into the face.
I fell down onto the hard ground.
“…Thompson, you idiot! Get out of it and be ready to supply the launcher with rounds!” He took the missile launcher from the ground and threw me a belt of AT- missiles. They were small, as small as a mans palm, but extremely effective.

Damn weakling… I heard him muttering. We started running towards a large pile of rubble. Sounds of explosions and death were coming from everywhere, echoing from the remnants of buildings and walls.
From somewhere behind that pile of rubble we were heading towards, came the heavy sound of a gatling gun platform. A second later I heard the loud and obvious explosion of a rover. Probably one of ours.

Behind us, the remains of our quickly gathered squad were following. Three others, all of them carrying gatling rifles and moving with silent expertise. They were obviously at home on the battlefield.

I was running after the Sarge, carrying the AT belt and few more in a case I had picked up on the way. We climbed up the rubble pile, the Sarge leaning down on one knee and starting to aim at the target.
I automatically came next to him and punched the belt of missiles into the launcher.
I looked at the target.
For a moment, the gun platform amazed me. White, shining structure shooting gatling fire with a tremendous speed and precision high up on a tower, with nothing to defending it anymore. It had been hit twice already, judged by the ugly dents on it.

The serial fire coming from the missile launcher next to me finished the gatling gun. Dozens of small missiles went through its hull, and exploded in it, shredding to pieces the fragile humans in it.

Sarge sat down and took a deep breath. He was obviously tired, but a second later he got up and readied himself, listening to the loud booms coming behind that ruined wall.

“Okay, lets go. There should another one there.” He started to run towards that direction, the other team mates running after him, without even a hint of the tiredness.

I didn´t say anything, taking the case of belts with me and starting to run after the Sarge.

After a bloody battle, the two armies took control of the bunkers, leaving one distressed bunker between them.
As they moved from both sides, and leaving the now completely ruined bunkers behind them, the now arrived artillery started bombarding the occupants of the next target bunker.
The two armies surrounded the bunker, and with a last desperate push, Weiss threw all he got against the lonely fortress.

The atmosphere was exhilarating. Private John Kensel, a driver of in one of the rovers in the first wave was in ecstasy.
I front of him he saw the tall walls of the bunker and the gatling beams coming from there. Hitting the rover right next to his.

“*ssholes, here I am, shoot me!” he screamed to them. His co-driver was next to him, dead, killed by a shrapnel. And his gunner had gone lunatic, shooting missiles as fast as possible.

The charging rovers were being massacred. The beams sliced through their ranks. That it, until the first wave of missiles hit the walls, destroying in turn the most of the Gatling platforms.

A hammering beam hit Kensels front armor in the last possible moment. The rover screeched into a violent halt, throwing Kensel forward, stopped only by the seat belt.

John watched through the smoke coming out of the rovers burning forward part, as a new wave of rovers passed him and charged into the ruins.

“Damn it! Not now, not when we are winning…Noo!” He quickly tried to take of the seat belt and run, but it was too late for him. The rover exploded into a furious ball of fire, one of dozens of others on the battlefield.

The battle was over. The third bunker had been conquered, and the battle-weary Spartan forces had paid a bloody price for this victory.
It was now time to plan the attack on UN Data Acquisition, and wait for arriving supplies and reinforcement. Most of the forces that had suffered damage were stuffed into the now conquered bunker, while the still able ones were to patrol around the newly conquered area, ready to greet any incoming enemy forces with a warm missile.

(OOC: Whoa, this post is long! Just noticed… anyways, three Spartan Msl units and one War rover unit were completely destroyed, with two rover units having more than 60% procent damage. These two units were joined, making one unit with 20% damage. The rest have from 10-40% dam.
I´ll write the attack post on the bunkers near UN haven city later.
BTW, guardian, where are the reserve units right now?

Old March 18, 2001, 11:17   #78
[LordLMP]

OOC: Are the glued PKs wearing air masks?

U.N. Humanity Base

General Kane and the rest of his Loyal troops arrived at U.N. Humanity Base. He was already setting up his command in the area lent by the Peacekeepers there. The Gatling Squad will stay help defend the Planetneck against anything may send after him, but he doubts it. Yang will not waste his Security Forces like that, suicide practicly to fight in a chokepoint.

Kane quickly received reports from the Five Gatling Rovers that has now arrived at Data Acquisition. He also received reports from the Peacekeepers that the Spartans as succeeded in breaking through the defence lines north of Data Acquisition. The Spartans has taking over some bunker and are now resting. Kane sends orders to the Major Kurita...

U.N. Data Acquisition

Major Kurita have received orders from General Kane to move towards the Defence Lines to do some hit and runs on the spartans, currently weakened after pushing through the PKs Defence Lines. Avoid the captured bunkers.

All of the Five Hive Gatling Rovers moves north and spread out.

Note: one unit is Elite, rest are Commandos. They are the Hive and are more into combat, and they are efficient aswell. Psychological Warfare doesn't work on them.

OOC: Supplies/reinforcements does not instantly come within a day, may take a week or two. Hive Rovers will start their Hit and runs before those supplies/reinforcements arrive.
Old March 18, 2001, 11:33   #79
[LordLMP]

OOC: Christine, the planets mind is Planetmind. Admin doesn't say anything about the Hive population be considerably loyal. Anyway, the Hive use ta be slaves and good many of them are Drones. Free Drone propaganda will work Riots are always easy to start and there always this thing called mind control. Just that, the Probe Team is not attempting a Total Mind Control attempt of the base.

Upland Wastes

Six Elite Msl Battle Dragon units spread across the Upland Wastes. They have already taken several Sensor Arrays belonging to the Spartans. Some units are now moving towards the Spartan Air Base they found to take it out.

Janissary Rock

The Probe Team as already succeeded in starting up the Riots using Free Drone Propaganda and the Spartans mistreatment of Drones and so on. The Probe Team amplified the riot by starting setting up random bombs at Spartan Barracks and Police Stations.

OOC: Should I assumed that the Pirates and Data Angels traded techs?
Old March 18, 2001, 16:42   #80
Cyber
Warlord

OOC: How the hell can the Hivers move so fast to UN Data acquisition?´In a few days several thousand kilometers?

Colonel, there are riots brewing up here. It´s mostly ex-Hive population getting nostalgical with their old roots. I don´t know who has put that sh*t into their heads, but they themselves haven´t started this. Just mere days ago they were ready to throw their lives for the good of all Spartans, including themselves, but now something has taken control over them. Should we use nerve stapling, or should I just leave the Voluntary units to do their job. Also another rioting causer, was bombs exploding in some of our police stations and and garrisons. Two dead, 13 wounded. Some of the damn bombs were in completely odd locations, like in the garrison dumpster.
By the way, we have apprehended a suspect behind these riots. He claimed to the rioters to be a messenger from the Hive, bringing news about the Hives new good fortune with democracy, and how they didn’t treat badly their followers anymore. Plainly, bullsh*t.
Our security troops quickly captured him and calmed down this group of rioters by showing the real situation in the Hive. But this was just the tip of the iceberg, different propaganda shows have been going on around the base the whole day. Everytime a sec.teams comes to the site, the inciters are gone and a angry mob awaits answers.
We have already sent him to be interrogated there in Sparta Command. Our preliminary questioning indicates that this is a member of some probe team. But from what faction, that remains a mystery.

To: Terry Volister, Governor of Janissary Rock

If the situation gets bad enough, meaning the industry there is paralyzed or the overall security of the base is jeopardized, use Nerve Stapling. Otherwise, let the voluntary citizen units to do their jobs.

From: Chief of Security, of the Secret airbase in Northern wastes.

Colonel, there is an emergency situation here. Multiple Sensor arrays have been attacked here, some even converted. The arrays have clearly shown, before captured or destroyed, that these are not natives but human rover units. They don’t show any emblems or something from which to be identified from.
I am evacuating this base now, and destroying anything valuable.

To: Alexandro Demeneras

Alexandro, from reports heard from different sources, I suspect there is a large-scale covert operation in Janissary Rocks, as a staging for an attack, coming probably from the Wastes.
Now, what I want you to do, is to send all possible operatives from Sparta Command to Janissary Rock. I want that enemy probe team eliminated, possibly captured and interrogated.
I am sending the Blockade Guardians near Janissary Rock, as they are no longer needed on the new blockade.
Meanwhile, you will have someone new to torture, as one suspected member of a probe team is being hauled here, as we speak.

The Blockade Guardians

Ten battle expert rovers and one artillery. Their task of building a second blockade was interrupted by a high priority order. They were to go to Janissary Rock, secure completely the base, and wait there for further orders. Alert order for them was, ready to be attacked in a moments notice. This was a routine Spartan Alert situation.
After a moment of wondering of why the in the name of Hell they were supposed to go to Janissary Rock, the commander ordered the Guardians to pack up and towards the nearest highway. As the Guardians traveled, the normally busy highways were cleared in the name of national security, so the army had a clear way to Janissary Rocks.

(OOC: Highways, meaning roads The Spartan area, and a little further, is literally covered with Sensor arrays, so approaching armies would be detected early enough for appropriate actions to be taken… )

So, we have a deal then, my friend. The technology has been sent to you. Now is time for your part of the deal.
Also, its time for your troops to come into the war. Use the new technology given to you, and together we will crush the peacekeepers.
To sweeten the pot, lets divide the Pro-War peacekeeper area. All western territories, except UN Data Acquisition are yours, while we take the eastern part.
Agreed?

(OOC: Natan, make up yourself a big army, following the guide lines LordLMP gave.)

Happenings, Post-Falling Walls

The Rover units not in the bunkers, altogether six units plus the two Artilleries stationed nearby, circled all around the area capturing or destroying Sensor arrays and scattered defenders. Two rovers, one of them the Ultra elite command unit of Weiss, attacked the three now retreating artillery units, damaging badly two and scattering one.

It was these two units that found a large abandoned sensor array, which after being converted, showed the nearby area. And the fast approaching unidentified(Hive) units.
No initial confusion or panic occurred, as the unidentified units obviously hadn´t noticed them or just thought thy hadn´t been detected, but with the help of the converted sensor arrays the Spartans could see them.

Commander Weiss quickly readied an ambush plan, and warned the rest of the mobile Spartan units. The other four were to continue on, as if they didn’t know about the Hive units, while the two units were to go behind hive forces and charge them.
Right then would the four other Spartan units turn and greet the Hivers with a warm missile.
A plan worth trying, after all they had endured.
(OOC: Hey, weren´t the bunkers after all surrounded by sensor arrays )

Foreman, although you didn´t answer my last proposal, I took the risk. Now you have a peace treaty with the Hive, as long as you don´t continue using your converting propaganda or any other action seen as hostile. Neither the Hive nor the Spartans will attack you, for that you have my word. There is no need for you to be a part of this Great War.
But I paid a considerable price for this peace treaty. The only thing I ask of you in return is to be our friends, without us fearing that you will put a dagger in our backs or giving the right for enemy probe teams to go through your territory. That, and information about the doings of the Chiron Alliance in the Northern Wastes and in our territory. I know they have sent units to help you, but we have sent whole armies to your rescue, and now this peace treaty.
Also, I offer a place for you in our new alliance. I understand, if you don´t wan´t join, but atleast stay neutral in the War.

Old March 18, 2001, 20:49   #81
Natan
Prince

I have ordered my forces to terminate hostilities. You have 36 hours to do likewise, or else I shall consider our treaty null and void. You have 72 hours to terminate all propaganda activities within Hive territory. Additionally, by the terms of our treaty, you must immediately terminate all probe team activities within Hive territory. Naturally, I will do likewise.

To: General Kane

I am greatly dissapointed in you today, General Kane. You were my disciple, a great warrior, and a pillar of the Hive. And now, you have deserted us and turned your back on all that we stand for. Make no mistake, you cannot remain loyal to any of the our principles while fighting for our enemies. I am greatly saddened that you have sunk so low, especially through something as foolish as an emotional relationship, particularly such an ill advised one, with a man who hates all that we stand for and is pledged to destroy us. However, because you have been a loyal soldier, I am giving you one last chance. You may switch sides, attacking the peacekeeper forces around you, or you may be a traitor, shunned forever. Remember, a traitor's fate is death.

To: Commander of military forces, Northern sector

Terminate all hostile engagements with Drone forces within the next 36 hours. Tighten security on the border with the Drones, making special use of rover patrols and land mines. Establish a defensive network of bunkers along the border. The first of these objectives shall be given high priority, the next medium, and the last low.

To: Minister of Industry

Commence the upgrading of our military forces. Gatling and impact units are to be replaced by missile ones, with the now obsolete weaponry to be delivered to regional security (militia) forces. Retrofit garrisons with anti aircraft capabilities. Construct a series of bunkers near the border, particularly at planetneck. Lastly, begin construction of defensive structures, particularly naval bases, in coastal cities in case of Pirate or other foriegn invasion. You are authorized to take workers off of their regular duties to achieve this goal as rapidly as possible, and to make use of garrison and internal security forces, if necessary. Give high priority to southern command.

To: An-ji Tsao, minister of education

All education refreshment and re-education activities are to be coordinated with the ministry of industry and be subordinate to the needs of the ministry of industry until further notice.

To: Chairman Shen-ji Yang

Results of latest survey of the adult population:

¥ ~85 percent of the population meets minimum ideological purity standard of loyalty to the Hive, its leaders, and ideals.
¥ ~70 percent of the population is considered highly loyal
¥ ~40 percent of the population meets higher ideological purity standards of immunity to emotional entreaties.

OOC: My, this game is fun. But I wish I had a map
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited March 18, 2001).]
Old March 18, 2001, 22:45   #82
Christantine The Great
Prince

Broken PK defense lines, Spartan Camp...

A lone locust crept into the Spartan camp. It quietly probed all of the commander's minds until it found the perfect horror to project...

One commander of a rover group was resting after a long day. He was one of the only people outside of the Junta to get gene bath to keep him alive. He closed his eyes and pictured a vision of his Kansas home, a vision that would unwind his tense muscles after a long day. He started to relax deeper then he ever did. "Am I falling asleep already?" he asked himself.

The locust landed behind his head...

""The vision started to get darker. "This is strange," he told himself. The sky was filled with clouds and it started to rain. A nice, cool rain. A suprising well done vision of rain.""

The locust probed further into his mind...

""The clouds started to spin around and around. They got darker and darker. The spinning got so fast a tornado funnel appeared! He screamed as chains wrapped around his body. Then he didn't make anymore sounds. He tried to scream but couldn't make a single sound.""

The locust latched onto his spinal column...

""The tornado made its way to his house in Kansas, ripping it to shreads. He saw his personal rover next to him. He took out his old laser pistol and shot at the chains. They withdrew and he got into his rover.""

Meanwhile several Spartans had been sucessful in holding down their crazed commander. Suddenly the commander ripped his personal laser pistol from his belt and shot several of the men holding him down. He ran for his rover.

""The tornado came closer to him. Its spinning put him into a trance. All he could do was drive in circles. Whenever walls of rovers would appear, he would shoot them down with his missles. He broke free from the circle and started to drive away.""

The Spartans were completely caught by suprise. Somehow a single Planet creature had gotten into their camp and did this to one of their own. They started to shoot at the rover with their personal weapons, but the Spartan's inability to massproduce anything had taken its toll. Most of the regulars just had refurbished shreadder pistols and laser pistols. Some of the top brass had gatling pistols but that was it. The rover's armor didn't make the job much easier. When the rover would encounter another rover it would blow it up. The rover stopped going in circles and started to head for the "parking lot", what the Spartans called the perfectly lined up rovers of the commanders.

""The tornado disappeared, along with Kansas. The rover was spinning through space. He looked back at Earth to see it start to glow. The oceans dried up and then the planet exploded. Chunks of earth flew away from the place where Earth had been. Some hit the Moon, spewing more chunks of rock out into space. He noticed the Unity, speeding away from Earth at a startling speed. The ship rocketed toward the stars, to reach Alpha Centauri in about 40 years. All across the ship where Peacekeeper emblems. And he saw a small shuttle fly out of the Unity's hanger. The shuttle sped away from the Unity and exploded. A piece of metal from the shuttle flew past him. It had the Spartan symbol on it.""

Now the rover was speeding toward the parked rovers. Some of the rovers were being brought away but there wouldn't be enough time to bring them all. Taking an educated guess on where the rover would go, they started to make a path between the rovers. It didn't look like they could do it in time...

""The rover was spinning toward the Unity, overtaking it. He decided to blow his nuclear reactor as soon as he hit the hull. He was going to take out every last Peacekeeper in that ship.""

The rover hit another parked rover...

""The rover hit the hull...""

"Um...sir I'm picking up an energy spike from that..."

""The last thing he saw was the great, proud, doomed Unity rip itself apart as the fusion reactor exploded.""

A mushroom cloud...

2 Minutes later...

"What the **** happened out there?"

"We don't know sir. Just that a rover hit a group of parked rovers, then its reactor went critical. Sir...I'm picking up a huge shape on radar. Locusts!"

OOC: Scratch one Spartan rover group, I would say it was an important one with a man who had gene therapy. Cyber, be my guest in the Locust fight.
Old March 19, 2001, 00:02   #83
[LordLMP]

OOC: Do remember Cyber, the Nautilus Pirates Probe Teams do have Data Angel training. They are good at what they do, no matter their morale. Interogation will be hard, no matter how torturous it is. 10 Blockade Guardian units??? they seem to have mysteriously grown in size. And Kane's Units are using roads you know. almost been a week they were travelling to! Oh and the Spartan units has no way of know of Kane's units are rogue. Since Hive hasn't told the Spartans yet Natan, will get a gif pic of Hive territory, but there is also the list of coordinates in the Admin which you can make your own map from.

Upland Wastes

The Battle Dragons found the Airbase in ruins. The Spartans have recently abandon it and destroyed anything useful. It shows that they knows of their presence. They also received encrypt messages from the probe team in Free Drone territory that the Blockade Guardians have withdrawn from the borders. There is chances that they are rerouting to Janissary Rock. The Battle Dragons will continue to completly secure the Upland Wastes and being keeping a watch for any of Spartan units.

Janissary Rock

After the lost of a Probe, the rest of the team became more careful, but continue to startup riots. Their random bombings continued by including the various industrial complexes. When the Volunter Militia started to stop riots using non-lethal means, the Probe Team got the hive rioters to fight the militia using lethal means. Since the whole population practicly had their own weapons (God-willing right to bear arm ), various firefights started. The Probes also started revolution cells under the Free Drone banner and appointed various leaders. That way, will be harder to tract them down. Some infiltrators at Centurion Cave sent a message that the Blockade Guardians are moving to Janissary Rock. The Probe Team doesn't seem to have much time left...

OOC: Cyber, the reasons why the negociations with the Hive for a peace treaty is taking so long is because Free Drones will not stop their propaganda and even if Domai told them to stop, doesn't mean all the operatives in Hive territory will stop. many of them are Hive drones, citizens and so on that are spreading it! Hive wouldn't sign the treaty because of what the Free Drones want from Hive, like stop the mistreatment of Drones, follow the human rights, give the Drone freedom and so on. And Natan, Free Drones and Hive currently have a Blood Truce, so there is no hostilities at the moment, especially when the northern hive forces were preparing for stage 1 of the original plan until the Chairman changed his mind. Oh and the Spartans don't know of the pirates helping the Free Drones, except only knowing that the Chiron Alliance somehow helped the free drones with something, but doesn't know whom.

To: Colonel Santiego

I thank you for your help Colonel, but we still have no agreement with the Hive has they are not willing to do what we ask if we are to cease our propaganda in Hive territory and so on.

The Free Drones are not letting any foreign probe teams to traverse our territory. If they are, we sure do not know of it.

The only the Free Drones will consider joining your alliance if the Spartans and Hive agree to follow the U.N. Charter to the letter.

Foreman Domai

OOC: Domai sort of knows that Pirates may of used Free Drone territory has a base of operations into the Spartans and Hive, but Domai doesn't what they are doing, where they are and what they are up to. Like, he doesn't yet that Janissary Rock's Drones are revolting And blake, maybe being very poor is sufficient reason to riot and the way Spartans are pushing their crappy industry so hard may make people unhappy, being overworked and all. And since their Spartan Drones, doubt they are afraid to fight aswell

We will still follow the Hive code no matter where we are. Chairman, we are simply honoring our deal with Braddock which you haved agreed yourself and we have no intentions to dishonor it. If you choose to consider us traitors for keeping our Honor, so be it. We are Hive and always will be.

General Kane

To: Major Kurita

I am receiving reports that some PK Sensor Arrays has been captured by the Spartans. They may know that your units are coming, so be aware of any Spartan traps. You know how they fight, so show them their faults.

General Kane

Area North of U.N. Data Acquistion

Major Kurita has received General Kane's message. Some of the his units have detected PK artillery that are retreating from Defence Lines. Kurita ordered the units to intercept them while the rest continue towards the Spartans. After a moment of thought, he sends a message on all known spartan frequencies to the the spartans units at the Defence Lines.

"This is Major Kurita of Hive currently leading the Five Hive Units. We have been ordered to abandon the Peacekeepers and to join up with your forces. The Peacekeepers and my General do not know of this. We have no intentions to betray the Hive"

The whole message is true, just not the whole truth. His units have indeed been contacted by Hive Command few days ago, but he hasn't aknowledge them. That would of been unwise as the Peacekeepers may intercept it and become hostile towards his units. But the Units have no intention of betraying their superior officer, General Kane. He then waits for a response from the spartans while his units continue to move towards them.

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 18, 2001).]
Old March 19, 2001, 01:39   #84
Christantine The Great
Prince

OOC: LordLMP, the Planetary Mind is Planetmind's programming. Planetmind doesn't know that the Planetary Mind is actually her. But she still can't change the program, preserve and protect Planet. Does anyone want to pick up the AntiMind? I really don't think I am doing a good job with them.
Old March 19, 2001, 01:41   #85
Christantine The Great
Prince

OOC: LordLMP, the Planetary Mind is Planetmind's programming. Planetmind doesn't know that the Planetary Mind is actually her. But she still can't change the program, preserve and protect Planet. Does anyone want to pick up the AntiMind? I really don't think I am doing a good job with them.
Old March 19, 2001, 09:18   #86
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

OOC: Where are the PK reserve units? Why, they're still sitting in their positions along the defense line near Haven City, waiting for the Spartan main army to seek them out. The following forces are present in this area... Reserve units: 5 elite assault rovers with soporific gas pods (2 with 10% damage), 5 veteran gas msl. artillery. Frontline survivors: 5 commando msl. rovers (10-30% damage), 2 veteran msl. artillery, (approx. 20% damage). Defensive units (in bunkers): 5 veteran/commando gatling squads, 2 veteran msl. artillery.
In others words, when the Spartan main army approaches the lines, it will be bombarded by 9 artillery units, then engaged by a total of 10 rover units and 5 gatling infantry units. The artillery units also have AA (SAM) capability, and air cover/support can be called in from Haven City.
Also in the area are the following Cult units: 2 spore launchers (great/mature boil) and 5 mindworm boils (2 demon boil, 3 great boil). Spore launchers will engage when Spartans are in range, whilst the mindworms will stay hidden amongst the bunkers, ready to pounce on any Spartans who try to engage in close combat on foot like in the Battle of Falling Walls...
Should be enough to hold the line, even against Spartan main army...

Also, the 5 intercepting rover units are coming out of the Dunes, moving towards the area just south of the hole the Spartans punched in the defense line in the west. They will not plunge head first into an attack, but try to join up with friendly forces in the area and watch for an opportunity, possibly do some hit & run style attacks on the weakened Spartan units if they can get there in time...

Oh, and just because the bunkers have been blasted to smithereens, that doesn't mean the ground there is perfectly flat and suitable for rovers to blow through at top speed! There would still be sh*tloads of obstacles, natural and man-made, not to mention all the debris left over from the fighting! It's gonna take a while to clear good paths through all this mess, or the rovers are gonna have to slow down and crawl their way through...
(end of OOC)

U.N. Enforcement Base

"Is it safe to enter now?"
Commander Grafton of the Special Forces was addressing the orderly at the door, who simply shrugged in response. When General Braddock received the report describing how the Spartans had assaulted the defense lines with prisoners glued to the front armor of their rovers, he had gone ballistic! Santiago might be decades ahead of him in terms of experience and military training, but if he could have gotten to her right there and then, Grafton thought his general would have had a pretty good chance of killing her with his bare hands. The thought was both somewhat comforting and a little unnerving...
Taking a deep breath, he knocked twice, then opened the door and slipped through, closing the door behind him. There were matters to discuss that just couldn't wait...

Peacekeeper defense line, near Haven City

The troops were furious! They were still holding back... watching and waiting, but with gritty determination. Their time would come, and when it did, there would be hell to pay for any Spartan unfortunate enough to come near them. Nobody really knew for sure what the Spartans were up to, but they were ready for almost anything, including nerve gas. Commander Cooke looked around himself and cursed silently under his breath. The determination in the soldiers' faces was a good thing, but the anger and hate they could have done without... This wasn't just about fighting an enemy anymore. The Spartans could have called off the war right now and we wouldn't want to quit! We don't just want peace anymore, we hate the Spartans and we want to destroy them! This was just no good. Cooke couldn't blame the troops though. He felt the same way himself. But this wasn't the time to worry about that. The Spartans couldn't possibly wait much longer now... He didn't really know what would happen once the Spartans made their move, but he doubted that there would be any prisoners taken...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited March 19, 2001).]
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2001, 17:53   #87
Christantine The Great
Prince

Spartan camp...

The sky was full of locust screams. Thousands of them fell from the sky from missles and flame guns. Planetmind sent out a final message and the locusts formed themselves into a long, solid shaft of locusts. The flew high above the range of the missles and flame guns (which isn't that high, just about 600 feet considering that the missles arn't SAM and fire doesn't get too far on Chiron) and then darted toward the surface, ripping apart two rovers before flying through a solid wall of synthmetal, escaping.

Dream to Commissioner Lal...

I am sending forces to help you. They will arrive on the shore of the old continent now.

OOC: That is four great boil locusts, 8 demon boil mindworms, and two great boil spore launchers (they can destroy bunkers).

Somewhere near the Fossil Field Ridge...

The copters finally reached the old PK continent after almost three weeks of travel. They quickly unloaded onto the beach and took an old Unity pod shell coated with plasma steel. They brought that onto the beach and covered it in sand and fungus. The copters were dismantled except for one fast one. That was covered with fungus outside. They would wait until the time was right.
Old March 19, 2001, 20:16   #88
Natan
Prince

To: Colonel Corazon Santiago

My forces are upgrading and preparing for the assault. I must warn you, however, that my former general, Kane, has defected to the Spartans. He may or may not return to my faction. If you sight Hive forces beyond their normal area of operations, take whatever precautions you deem fit.
-Yang

To: Major Kurita

Top Secret

You are ordered to lead all loyal forces in assassinating General Kane as soon as possible. Afterwards, you are to radio me the signal that you have completed the task, and begin attacking Peacekeeper forces in the area.

To: Minister of communications

Change all encryptions to new codes. (OOC: Have to make sure Kane can't intercept my messages. But it would be unlike the Hive to explain this when it is superflous to the orders given)

We have completed the bunkers at planetneck, and the upgrading of our military force is proceeding well.
Old March 19, 2001, 20:18   #89
Natan
Prince

double post.
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited March 19, 2001).]
Old March 19, 2001, 20:56   #90
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 05:33
OOC: I wasn't sure what you exactly wanted to trade. Are we just doing whatever the other doesn't have?

Morgan Bank

The base's governor moved swiftly through the corridor. The sound of fighting in the streets could be heard clearly, even through the thick blast doors that covered the inner sanctum of the base's central command. His only hope left was to get to his escape pod and get the hell out as fast as he could.

It was as if it happened instantly, the base garrison suddenly defecting and civil disturbances breaking out all across the base. Even the majority of the impending assault fleet had turned. Ever since he had assumed the position of governor at Morgan Bank, he had to deal with the reprecutions of the retrival of the base from Data Angel control. Now it seemed that it was all worthless, and that the Data Angel supporters were winning.

As he turned around the corridor, shots were fired and he watched his escort fall to the ground around him. Right in front of him stood four people clad in the black armour of a probe operative.

"I believe Governor, that this brings a conclusion to the little game we've been playing. Consider yourself replaced." The probe operative who spoke this, gestured to two of his companions and the Governor was taken into custody.

Angel's Herald

Morgan Bank Declares for the Data Angels

Word was recieved today that the people of Morgan Bank have revolted against CEO Morgan's unethical rule, and have declared for the Data Angels. The bases citizens, garrisons, and even elements of the Morgan Invasions force that was set to move against us have agreed to support our cause. Already, a new administration is being set-up, until the time that proper elections can be held. In an unrelated event, an energy crash has severely reduced Data Angel funds, and the Minister of Finances said that the Data Angels "must prepare for tough times ahead, but can rest assured that our economy is still strong and will recover."

OOC: Two Pulse-3 garrisons, a Gatling Infantry, Gatling Rover and an Air Transport were captured.

Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote