Old April 2, 2001, 22:02   #121
[LordLMP]

OOC: yes, something i forgot to mention. No way your nuking any bases Darkcloud, especially Alpha Prime! and as if a probe team can travel all across Cyborg territory to Alpha Prime and no underground caverns! as if they are thousands of kilometres long! also, won't alow any one from my faction, even rogues, to provide any nukes. anyway, why would the pirates have nukes??? especially when there is no deliveries system, which you need Orbital Spaceflight for? Larionov forces sure are rogues and malcontents, but they are not going to use nukes. their ain't stupid as there is no way they can acquire it and keep it too, and sneak it in via Cyborg territory! Can send you the probe team, but they won't succeed, period. no nuking. and no army at Rocky Crag! and they are to far from University territory to have caverns to connect too. I don't like this overpowering nonsence either. anyway, was planning to develop my story where LMP sneaks in to Rocky Crag, or atleast acquire something on Project Alpha... and you can't kill him, its me
The Morganites will be the only ones to have Planetary Economics. anyway, they set their goal upon it and made a beeline towards that tech, which mean they would lack in other areas. and they were allies with University too :P And Darkcloud, your not doing anything special with the Believers. rather let them be mostly unknown about until some player plays them and developes the faction themselves. may say the believers may be sneaking in probe teams and try to get their religion to University, but they won't send an army, since they don't have much of a navy and pirates would detect them. Believers avoids contact with the Cyborgs.
Old April 5, 2001, 06:12   #122
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010

One question...

It would be possible to build rovers at one base and train their crews at another, right?

What I have in mind is this... the Peacekeepers would be building rovers at PK Island, where they have no industrial handicaps, while the crews would be trained on the Eastern Continent, where the command centers and power values allow for better training...

Also, there is the possibility of some cooperation with the Hive...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2001, 17:57   #123
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:34
Please consider this, perhaps not the Cyborg Capital but a Cyborg City!

This will make the game more compelling and besides as I already stated and as SMAC said, the Cyborgs can retaliate.

Rocky crag isnt connected to my territory.

I gave up the believers because I couldnt do the war with University story I wanted... I wasn't going to send an army, just their probes and the University getting fed up- taking a year to build a ship then trying to invade.

I am a GM, there perhaps should be a vote on the nuke, LMP is also a GM, I feel insulted that I cannot do any of my storylines because 1. (Believers) too risque (however I do notice how some hatemail could come out of this so I wont do it anyway.) 2. (Cyborgs) I wasn't necessarily going to "TAKE" the cities, it would be done by the calcs, I posted my "IDEAS"

Perhaps I should leave the game for a while and cool off?
Perhaps someone else should play the university for a week or two?
Why????
I wouldn't be ruining the Cyborgs.
The underground thing- They wouldnt be connected- I never said that, First they have to dig the underground areas.

Please consider the nuke story and "VOTE" on it as we have 1 GM for and 1 against.
Note: that the city does not have to be big, the idea of the capitol was for the 'shock value' to shatter the University into a smaller faction.

-DC
?I am more interested in the story, I am NOT trying to win, I apologize for seeming to be trying "TO WIN"?

Please accept this peace offering
I merely tried to make the story more compelling- it seems I have been biased in how I have done so however.
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited April 05, 2001).]
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2001, 02:42   #124
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Okay, if you want a vote on the matter then I'll vote in favor of LordLMP's "no nuking" policy, meaning that I'm against the nuke, at least for the time being.

As LordLMP put it, why would the Pirates have nukes??
And, even if they did, there would only be like maybe one or two of the things, and hell would freeze over before any rogues could get hold of one and get away undetected! -Not to mention stay undetected for long enough to turn the thing over to the University!!!

If you just want to role play being an @sshole, there are plenty of other ways to do that.
Just use your imagination!
Old April 6, 2001, 14:35   #125
Clear Skies
Prince

OK, I vote against. I'm sure there are better ways of aggravating a conflict (not that I want that) rather than taking out an entire base.
I'm just wondering whether to post in the topic yet or not - I don't quite know if I've got anything to post or not!
The main reasons I joined this story were diplomacy and interfactional relations. I love anything to do with diplomacy - any computer game with negotiation in is on my comp somewhere!
Reasons everyone else joined the story?
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2001, 22:10   #126
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: I'll download the map for Rocky Crag, I thought it was right
near Data Angel Territory, and thus if you went north the Cyborgs would
appear, I guess I'm just confused about where the Cyborgs are?

LMP- the hidden bases only have about 6 offensive units to protect
themselves... It is not truly that many.
-Oh I wouldn't have the time to play all the factions I am 'filling in for'
all of the time anyway.

SMAC- Okay, I just read your post, um... I didn't read that when I posted other things;
um... See, if I nuke 'a' base, 'possibly' but 'probably not' Alpha Prime, I 'could' write
that the Cyborgs take two University Bases if you like, that is, if you dont want to write
about war... Then the Cyborgs make the University pay reparations- Zak denies involvement
and it is found that a rogue from some faction did this- other people possibly attack Zak
who starts building underground cities.

Also- just think of the diplomatic concessions you can wring from the University while you 'sue for peace', think of all the diplomatic movements...

Okay- I'm in a better mood now and willing to talk and 'perhaps' give up the nukes... but once again this can be a good diplomatic/military storyline...
Old April 8, 2001, 15:13   #127
Clear Skies
Prince

Well, anyway, this is going to be my last post in a while, since I'm off to America for a skiing holiday and won't be back until next Tuesday. I'm still dead set against the idea of having one of my bases nuked, and I'd like the Cyborgs to be held in some kind of limbo - it'd be slightly unfair to have people writing about my faction when I can't respond to defend them.
See you next Tuesday then!
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2001, 19:19   #128
DarkCloud
staff

Okay then... I'll just have them be caputred in Cyborg territory, how about that, Is that acceptable?
Old April 11, 2001, 21:11   #129
DarkCloud
staff

If it is then I will post...

Note: at the beginning I asked for comments on what I was to do, thank you for the input.

If not then I will wait a bit for someone to do something and then I will respond.
Old April 12, 2001, 06:12   #130
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:34
Hey guys. I'm a long time fan that would like to join up if that would be cool. I kind of noticed that the Spartans are currently free. If no one hasn't spoke up for them I would like to give them a try. If the Spartans are all right, would there be any objections to somehow ending this war? Maybe through some kind of sudden change in government. Are coup d'etat allowed or do we have to keep the faction leaders. I promise I won't kill her off. If the Spartans are a no go, then I could try another faction.
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2001, 20:08   #131
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hey there!

I have no objections to your taking over the Spartans, but they're gonna have to bend over backwards in order to end the war at this point... The Peacekeepers are NOT about to just "forgive" the Spartans like they did with the Hive.

However, if you're willing to withdraw all forces, permanently get rid of nerve gas and turn over some of your top dogs to stand trial for war crimes... we might have something to talk about...

Old April 13, 2001, 00:04   #132
Sprayber
Emperor

I've got some stuff written up, but want to wait until I get the green light from the mods. As for the war. The new regime would be willing to cooperate, but not at the expense of honor. Eventually some criminals would be turned over, but after some diplomatic efforts. That is what the whole jest of the story right. The Spartans are going to have to find a way to save face while getting out of a mess.
Old April 13, 2001, 03:56   #133
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Sounds like we might have some fun together.
And yes, the Spartans have quite a mess that they need to get out of... They have a lot to answer for, not only for crimes against humanity, but for crimes against the Planet as well! The Peacekeepers and the Planetmind have been friends since the first war against the Spartans...
Old April 13, 2001, 08:02   #134
Sprayber
Emperor

Waiting for the green light. I have some stuff. I had to be vague about strength of forces and locations. Cause I don't want to say this happened there when there doesn't exist. The first post may be long cause I had to explain the what happened and why. I noticed that LMP had mentioned some trouble going on inside Sparta. Boy has there been trouble in the soliders paradise. If I'm not mistaken this will make history as the first coup on planet. Only in Sparta.
Old April 15, 2001, 10:32   #135
[LordLMP]

Sorry for not playing for a bit, been busy. That is what i'm doing with the Spartans, a coup d'etat, mainly getting rid of the Junta anyway, can't expect a facist barbaric government to last long. the General of the Blockade Guardians is the first to defy Sparta command, which the internal problems sparked. Also, The Nautilus Battle Dragons, Pirates elite rover units, 6 of them in total, are currently sieging Blast Rifle Crag. So you can choose wether the Blockade Guardians should go stop them or stay at Janissary Rock, and create a sub-state/faction. Do you have SMAX? would make things easier. i'm having a hard time finding time to make maps for the non-SMAX players :/ I doubt the war will simply end, but could die out after a stalemate. Cult of War units will get eliminated, but not without weakening the Defence Lines north of UN Haven City. And the for the Main Army, the General (forgot name) not sure as to what to do. He is the only Junta member currently not at Sparta Command. IF something happens to the Junta, he is in danger. So should he follow his plans to attack the PK defence lines or pull back to War Outpost to maybe establish his own little sub-state/faction, especially if there will be a change of government and he is in danger. the spartan government is falling apart. As for the Combine Army still in control of Data Acquisition behind PK lines, well, they are in trouble. They may just try to keep hold of the base as long as possible or just go in a rampage. The Spartan military at the almost decimated, with whatever left of Combine Army, the Main Army and 2/3 of Blockade Guardians (some units as been eliminated).

Anyway, gotta go. I do give my Green Light Spray for you to take charge of the Spartans.

Darkcloud, like i said, could easily capture the Cyborg Base east of Inspiration Point. As for the Offencive Military at the Hidden Bases, make it atleast a unit or 2. do remember, because they are hidden and to stay undetected, they didn't went around to acquire surrounding resources. The Hidden Bases are deep in Cyborg territory near the southern waters. No nukes. can make the story of them trying, but will not succeed.

well gotta go and happy easter.

-LordLMP
Old April 15, 2001, 13:47   #136
DarkCloud
staff

welcome to the game Sprayber- glad you finally decided to join

welcome aboard Colonel!

SMAC, LMP- dont worry- No cyborg bases will be taken- read my post in 2182 and be happy, hopefully
Old April 16, 2001, 19:11   #137
Sprayber
Emperor

I have SMAX. Wow, what a mess I have on my hands. This is going to be hard to fight a civil war and a war against the PKs. Not to mention those unknown rovers But they are Spartans after all. You can send the map to chrisspr@yahoo.com or chrisspr@hotmail.com . Isn't there a webpage with the maps on it? Plus if anyone has any notes on the Spartans and could share them I would be eternaly grateful.
Old April 16, 2001, 23:08   #138
[LordLMP]

Should be able to get the map at http://www.geocities.com/melottawa/CCMap.zip

It ain't a serious all out Civil War really and its more of a small revolution too The Spartans hurt the Peacekeepers enough that the PKs won't be going on the offensive for a bit. anyway, they still have to finish off the Cult of War units, the 4 Main army units sent to attack and whatever left of the Combine Army at Data Acquisition behind enemy lines. Oh, Santiego could always Try to recall the Main Army :P

-LordLMP
Old April 16, 2001, 23:10   #139
[LordLMP]

Grrr, darn geocities!!! freaking site ain't always up :/ may just have t sent it to via email.

-LordLMP
Old April 17, 2001, 01:14   #140
Sprayber
Emperor

Whatever is the most convient.
Old April 17, 2001, 06:33   #141
Sprayber
Emperor

I made my first post. Any and all critism is welcome. I had to keep it kind of vague until I get a map. Can anyone briefly run down the time scale for me? And don't worry Guardian, your former base will not be destroyed. Just to show how Santiago is serious about not surrendering. Weiss will have second thoughts. Oh and I thought about the Data Aquisition name change at the last minute. Something for the PK news to talk about. Eventually I want Helzburg and Kessel to ask for restraint from the PKs and their allies while the civil war is fought. The units going south will not engage until there is word from Helzburg. Are there any thoughts on this?

Natan: What did you have in mind for Yang to be a mediator?
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 17, 2001).]
Old April 17, 2001, 18:11   #142
[LordLMP]

If you check the Admin thread, i have listed the coordinates of all bases and so on aswell.

but will find time to send you the map, which will be soon.

-LordLMP
Old April 17, 2001, 18:14   #143
Natan
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 04-17-2001 06:33 AM
I made my first post. Any and all critism is welcome. I had to keep it kind of vague until I get a map. Can anyone briefly run down the time scale for me? And don't worry Guardian, your former base will not be destroyed. Just to show how Santiago is serious about not surrendering. Weiss will have second thoughts. Oh and I thought about the Data Aquisition name change at the last minute. Something for the PK news to talk about. Eventually I want Helzburg and Kessel to ask for restraint from the PKs and their allies while the civil war is fought. The units going south will not engage until there is word from Helzburg. Are there any thoughts on this?

Natan: What did you have in mind for Yang to be a mediator?
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 17, 2001).]

Yang does not want to fight, but he doesn't want the PKs to win, because he sees that the the Chiron alliance is his natural enemy, and therefore the Spartans his natural ally. Also, Yang wants to increase his power and prestige, as he views himself as the rightful leader of humanity. To be frank (and OOC) I must say that I wouldn't have left the war if Cyber had not left the game; I did not want to be the only one fighting. But I do want the war to end. In fact, if you like, just ask for some Hive troops to quell the mutineers.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2001, 03:35   #144
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, you know... I WAS kind of surprised when Yang suddenly changed his mind and decided to end the war... -even more so when he offered to help the Peacekeepers! By the way... will those rovers be "quality goods" or will there be problems with them?? The Peacekeepers will inspect them pretty darned carefully before actually using them, so there'd better not be any trouble!

As for Data Acquisition... the Peacekeepers aren't really expecting to get the base back. As a matter of fact, they're pretty much willing to destroy it themselves to kill off the Spartans there if they don't surrender, the idea being that the base can be rebuilt, but the Spartans have to go... Anyway, if Weiss has second thoughts, that might be one thing that counts in his favor, if only he can make the Peacekeepers believe it...
-And of course, if the Peacekeepers capture Weiss, he'll be looking at a public trial followed by a lengthy visit to one of the darkest holes on the planet... but... he will get some respect for his decision to "take responsibility" and he'll get to speak for himself in the trial... could be a way to restore some lost honor...

Speaking of which... the Spartans are going to have a really hard time getting their "peace with honor"... If you see the world through the eyes of a Peacekeeper, the Spartans have no honor at this point. They threw all that away decades ago when they started pulling crappy sh!t like mass murder of civillians... Add things like the destruction of U.N. SeaQuest, the use of prisoners of war as human shields when commander Weiss attacked the defense line and the use of nerve gas in the attack on Data Acquisition, and what you get back is the public opinion that the Spartans are about as honorable as a bunch of slimy, yucky, disgusting parasites living off filth and sh!t and stinking to high Heaven...

If you're gonna make peace with the Peacekeepers, this is gonna have to change...

At the moment, it is possible that a Spartan peace offering might cause a few heated arguments between the most radical "pro-peace" and "pro-war" people, but it would not stop the war... most Peacekeepers simply wouldn't believe you.

Good luck to you...
Old April 18, 2001, 11:22   #145
Sprayber
Emperor

I thought I would let you guys know what I was thinking about as far as the Spartan will go. Or where I would like to take them. Right now Santiago is still in control of Sparta Command and Janissary Rock. War Outpost is under the influience of Helzburg, who will be arriving shortly there. Governor Wilcox is his ally and has basically refused to answer to Santiago. Blast Rifle grag has been left out in the cold because their governor Pontas refused to cooperate in hunting down the Junta members. Santiago is counting on the garrison to defend to the death. and the people to resist to the death as well. The rest of the bases are unsure. They are afraid to resist Santiago but are wary of her leadership. LMP: I would like to go with your idea of the unknown rovers being invited into Blast Rifle Grag. not by the governor, but by General Kessel. Maybe something along the lines of he is captured by the Pirates and works out deal with Sven. My thoughts are that Santiago will loose this little power play of hers. It will come down to Helzburg and Kessel cooperating to get rid of Santiago and Kell. When that is over they won't stay friends for very long. The different factions may take different sides. Nothing involving a war between you guys but it could make for some interesting stories while the Spartans do most of the fighting. When it's said and done The PK's would get back Data Acquistion with one or two criminals to put on trial. The Spartans would still be there. But without Santiago. So tell me what you guys think. Am I messing up anything you guys had worked out? One thing about Santiago. Kessel and Helzburg will want her to stand trial in Sparta.

One thing I forgot to mention. In case you are wondering. Kessel is important because of his former post as Santiago's contact with the base governors. They have known and respected him for years. Helzburg is in command of the largest part of the Spartan military. Helzburg cannot command the loyality of the base governors, except war outpost, and Kessel cannot do much without an army to back him up. They are the only former Junta members that has any chance of defeating Santiago. And for the time being they will be each other best chance.

edit: What exactly happened to the Spartan Navy? I don't remember reading where it was destroyed. They just kind of vanished.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 18, 2001).]
Old April 18, 2001, 14:50   #146
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I believe the Spartan navy is still hanging out in the area where they were last seen... -with everyone and their brothers stalking them and waiting for them to stick their noses back out...

Oh, and by the way... Weiss did fight in the Hive war... I believe he was a gunner on a rover or something like that... pretty junior anyway.

As for the rest of your "plans", I have no immediate objections, so let's just see how things turn out...