Old March 29, 2001, 22:29   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Chiron Chronicle 6: 2182
OOC: This is started because MarkG has a 4 page, 150 post limit on topics.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 22:31   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

SUBJECT: Orders

The orders which I have received from High Command [these are not the orders Zakharov approved]
were to use the nerve gas pods on the Cyborg citizens in any city we capture from the
Cyborg armies along with using them on the Cyborg armies.

-Daniel

Thus:
Objective: Kill Cyborg Citizens and Army Members

SUBJECT: Detonation of a Nuclear Device in the Cyborg Zone

The plan is this for our probe team, to detonate a nuclear device which I have acquired
from our Nautilus Pirates suppliers in the city of Alpha Prime or Tau Collective.
[not approved by Zakharov, he isnt an idiot]

This will effectively shatter Cyborg resistance and allow our forces to completely crush
their army.

-Anastasius

FROM: General Wilson Ffolk-Botha (Commander, Fifth Battlegroup)
TO: High Academican Zakharov

Our forces are to meet the devious Data Angels in a full frontal assault. However the
Blitzkrieg tactics proposed by Commadant Ryley-Moore II are under consideration. My
suggestion is dig the rovers into the ground, then when the angels are above us, we
come out of the dirt, run over their troopers and smash the army.

It is your decision upon which tactic which we are to use.

(5th Battle Group heads for Data Angels Lands)
Old March 29, 2001, 22:35   #3
DarkCloud
staff

OOC: The War Part of Project Alpha is going to be executed by the following group from Rocky Crag-
(Attacks on Southern Data Angels)

FROM: General Lawrence Alistair Ewan-Greed (Commander, Rocky Crag Battlegroup)
TO: General Wilson Ffolk-Botha (Commander, Fifth Battlegroup)
CC: High Academican Zakharov

The plan will be carried out as we discussed; we shall hit the Angels from the south
and destroy them while General Ffolk-Botha diverts their attention to the main fields.

I must praise High Academican Zakharov for his genius in conceiving this plan.
Old March 29, 2001, 22:37   #4
DarkCloud
staff

*deleted*
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited April 01, 2001).]
Old March 29, 2001, 22:58   #5
DarkCloud
staff

*deleted*
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited April 01, 2001).]
Old March 29, 2001, 23:36   #6
[LordLMP]

OOC: CYBER!!! cult of war with nerve gas is illegal!, especially when they are tranced! and the Peacekeeper defenders are not Greens either!. I am serious, stop with the illegal moves and actions! Anyway, each square is 500km x 500km, no way in hoot the Cult of war units can kill an entire regiment in one shot in such a large area, covered with clusters of bunkers, in 8 hours!!! quite unrealistic! its not one single bunker per square you know!! will encourage lot more fighting for single squares, especially bunkers ones, not instantly conquering single squares, which could take a whole year or more to acquire!!
DARCLOUD!!! Don't you encourage that kind of nonsence either!!! I am serious, I will put a complete band on Nukes and nerve gas and pure evil!!!
Darkcloud, how the hoot did the people get to the hidden bases, situated within Cyborg territory, hmm? Cyborgs are not blind, or stupid. And has if they built themselves military force, especially with serious lack of resources due to the fact they can't let their populations to go out and gather resources, within Cyborg territory!!! the bases are mostly underground/inside mountain aswell, and they haven't been in contact with rest of the faction for decades!! University ain't very militaristic or seriously have enough of a good size military to take over a Data Angel base and oblalerate a Cyborg base!! Also, the Nautilus Battle Dragon units would be kicking arse, since they technicly the only Missile Launcher equip units in the battlezone, and ELITE units at that too. I kept situation into skirmish like conflicts for now. Oh and no blowed up cities on the Central continent, which is suppose to be lot more civilized than on the eastern continent!!! and no Insane people gets access to nuclear bombs, especially from rogues from a faction who has the second best probe teams/security on Planet, within a Cyborg base! they are not stupid/idiots. when i say no more nukes to cyber, it applies to everyone, including the other moderator, who suppose to show a good example! SMAC, you have the right as player to oppose Darkcloud's crazy ideas. 2nd Largest army, Univ? No I Don't think so. Spartans, Peacekeepers, Hive and believers have bigger armies than Univ. Univ MAY have a bit bigger army one on one with Data Angels or Cyborgs, but not both. and Univ units mostly into Impact weapons still i would think and rules are, they need to be in a base or simply base radious, away from battle, to be upgraded, except for Infantry which they be easily supplied new hardware on the field, not currently in a battlezone. we seem to have a problem has to where exactly the hidden bases are suppose to be and cannot send Antimind reinforcements within Cyborg territory!!!

things are getting quite out of hand, especially with the unrealism showing up. Stop with the nukes!!! and don't go overboard with nerve gas too!!! and SUPER soldiers!!! you know people, the ability is called Nerve gas PODS and base onf the graphics in the game, the weapons don't shoot the gas, just spread the gas from the gas pod hose. but Missile Launchers make good develiries thought, but still, watch it! Napalm is gas base too and the proper term would be Incendinary missiles/grenades/bombs and so on as that ain't gas base. anyway, no more instantly killing units!! , especially in few hours, in a area of 250 000 square kilometres Map Squares.... so would take sometime, like months for example, to realisticly clear them or enemy units, especially when they are in a series of bunkers!!!. would be very stupid if an entire unit stays bunched up together. And Darkcloud, can't go around and say to a player, oh, my pathetic unrealistic fool will blow up one of your bases. NO!!! no more nukes, blowing bases up until you get Orbital Spaceflight!!! even then, there will be tough on it. Humanity came to CHiron to not repeat the same mistakes of earth, by blwing itself up! I am sorry to be like this, but this game is suppose to be diplomacy, not a ALL out barbaric warfare!!
anyway, will state the rules of warfare in the rules thread.

I suggest we put a pause on the Central Continent until i get a updated gif map done. and be careful with the believers, as you may offend people. of course, same with the evil actions being done by spartans and so on....

To: Datatech Sinder Roze

Of course Morgan Bank is yours and yes I had no right to suggest giving the base back to morgan. anyway, its only if he cooperates with the Chiron Alliance for the next 10 years or so. Morganites will go down under with their Free Market with the lack of trade, so see why not help them out. especially when it will benefit the Chiron Alliance economical wise if the morganites depends on our bases to trade with and via them.

By keeping the Morganites depend on us, they won't turn around to backstabing your faction or the rest of the alliance.

Captain Svensgaard

Upland Wastes

The Battle Dragons have raided some more sensors, mines and solar collectors north of Blast Rifle Crag and north of Fort Superioty. They avoided attacking civilians working upon them too. But they retreated back into the upland wastes as soon that they detected Spartans units coming. Colonel Rohrer as been receiving some complaints from various commanders of this constant raiding and the flee at the sign of Spartans. what kind of Elite units are they? So Rohrer had to reconsider her plans. She notices that the spartan blockade guardians units have spread along the south of the upland wastes, but more concentrative north of Janissary Rock. The spartans are not moving into the upland wastes after them either, where they don't have the advantage of sensor arrays. Afraid are they? Rohrer orders her units to place some Communication Pods at their locations to automaticly continue do their constant useless chatter and music like they are doing north of Janissary Rock. she then orders all of the Battle Dragon units toward the eastern coast where they will then move to engage the spartans unit(s) north of Blast Rifle Crag. The Probe Team that retreated to the upland wastes will sneak on the units spartan units north of Janissary Rock on a sabotage mission.

Note: Believers ignoring Hive

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 30, 2001).]
Old March 30, 2001, 06:01   #7
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:34
[OOC: I won't repeat myself too much OOC'ly, so see Chiron Chronicle Discussion thread for my reaction to the attack by the Followers of War... LordLMP, I think napalm is more of a gel than a gas, actually. Not too sure of this though... At least you're certainly right about it not being the only incendiary weapon around... Anyway, enough OOC. ]

Planetneck, Hive side, just after midnight...

Private Komatsu was getting bored... Nothing much was happening here. The artillery was relentlessly pounding the Peacekeepers, who were mostly just sitting there taking it. Nothing had touched the Hive troops for the past 36 hours. Where was the huge army the Peacekeepers were supposed to have? Perhaps it was all a bluff? Nah... Chairman Yang seemed to take them seriously and he'd know. But... most of the Peacekeepers were probably further north fighting the Spartans. Perhaps if the Hive could mass enough forces here...

A series of flashing lights in the distance caused him to turn and look out to the sea...

What the hell??

The lights kept blinking for some time, as if... Damn! I think it's morse code!

Two minutes later, sergeant Sung came running up next to him. He was one of the few people in this unit who actually knew that ancient code of dots and lines, short and long blinks... The sergeant could immediately confirm that yes, this was indeed morse code. He then proceeded to "read" the message out loud...

KNOCK KNOCK
ANYBODY HOME

KNOCK KNOCK
PEACEKEEPING FORCES SAY HELLO

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
HAPPY NEW YEAR UNCLE YANG

The message was repeated a few more times, then the southern sky was lit up by the streaks of dozens of missiles being launched. The U.N. Navy had arrived...

[OOC: There are 6 U.N. Missile Foils now just south of Planetneck, and these have started bombarding the Hive artillery regiments. The Hive artillery units are spread out to mimimize damage from enemy return fire, so they won't all be blasted at once, but this also limits their ability to provide cover fire for each other. The 6 foils will try to take on one regiment at a time and really saturate that unit before switching their fire to the next artillery regiment, and then the next, and then the garrison / bunkers... The ships are also moving around at random in an effort to make themselves harder targets for any counter-battery fire missions.]

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited March 30, 2001).]
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2001, 16:07   #8
Clear Skies
Prince

OOC: I'd like to oppose DarkCloud's initiatives. For a start, I feel he has control of too many factions - the University, Antimind and the Lord's Believers? Can't they all easily combine against the Cyborgs? I see a slight imbalance here, especially if he wants to completely odestroy one of my bases.
Also, what exactly have I done? In a lot of games I've had, the UoP & the Cyborgs have managed to coexist perfectly peacefully - I even had a Co-op Vic with Zakharov one time. Xenophobia is all very well, but surely I shouldn't be in line for all of this...
No, I can't afford to lose one of my bases. I even oppose the usage of ALL nuclear weapons. They haven't even been discovered yet - Orbital Spaceflight is a long way off (I hope!). I know the game is only loosely based on SMAC/X, but a self-destruct sequence only slightly damages enemy units and does nothing to the base at all in-game. A total base destruction is going a bit far, in my opinion.
I think my poor little Cyborgs are much-maligned. I don't see what we've done to deserve all this negative attention - it's not like we've been committing atrocities all over the place like the Spartans or polluting Planet like the Drones. All we want is to be able to pursue our research in peace, but if attacked we WILL fight, make no mistake.
A map would really help about now, but I also ought to stop pestering for one...ah well.

BIC: (back in context)
Dream to planetmind

planetmind...
togetherness our only option...we must oppose the antimind...together we are strong...how can we help you...we seek harmony and unity, not strife, but strife against the evil must be right...

Cyborg Press Release!

Finally, a date has been set for Elaine Stuart-Lewison's integration into our Consciousness. In two weeks, she will receive her new symbiote, the Alpha Seven algorithm, into her consciousness, giving her undreamed-of abilities and making her one with us.

Also in news...
Indecision appears to be rife within the Spartan faction on the Eastern Bloc. Orders are being countermanded almost faster than they are issued. It is rumoured that one of Santiago's generals is to blame, and it is also said that he has been recalled to Sparta Command for...'processing'.

Data Angel defensive forces have arrived in Inspiration Point to bolster our defences there. Our hearts go out to Datatech Roze for this most gracious of gifts.

Private to Lady Deirdre of Gaia's Stepdaughters

Dear Lady Deirdre,
Greetings from your friend, Prime Function Aki Zeta-5 of the Cybernetic Consciousness. I trust your environmental initiatives are proceeding to your satisfaction.
In the interests of closer ties between our two nations, I offer you 100 energy credits to do with as you wish. I ask nothing in return. This is simply a gift to strengthen the ties of friendship between us.
I admire you greatly, Lady Deirdre. Your empathy with Planet never ceases to amaze me, and your tireless pursuit of environmental protection is to be lauded greatly.
Have you, too, entered this dreadful war against the Spartans?
Anyway, my friend, time is short. Prokhor Zakharov presses daily against my borders. Please, think of us.
Your friend in Planet,
Aki Zeta-5
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2001, 18:19   #9
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: I definetly have a problem with Darkclouds plans. How do you plan on hitting the Data Angels from two different directions when the border that is shared is very small between the two of us. From the map I've got, you'd have to march through the heart of Cyborg territory to get from Rocky Crag to my border. I'm pretty confident that my Pact Mate wouldn't allow that. As well, sure you might have a large army, but Data Angels certainly aren't a push over. I've been on an armament plan since the Chiron Chronicle started, especially when I was surrounded by a potentially hostile Morgan and University. With Morgan gone, I have one front to worry about, I think I know where the majority of my troops are going to be placed. It's great that you've worked out a story arch here, but not when it totally interferes with other players. This whole game seems to have gotten way out of hand with everybody arguing nitty gritty details, and who can do what. Unless some sort of clear method can be establish for resolving important things like combat, then quite frankly I'm out of here. It's just not fun any more

Angel's Herald

Angel's Airforce to Be Inaugurated!

The Ministry of Defense announced today that the first Data Angel penetrator group would be coming off the assembly lines soon. Based on the technology learned from the Nautalis Pirates, the missile penatrator prototype is already well underway, with all the resources at Data DeCentral and Roze Function being put towards it. Plans are to establish a full fledged air-force as soon as possible, while continuing to produce the weapons needed to support our army against the University.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2001, 18:59   #10
Natan
Prince

Local Time: 00:34
Sergeant: Sir?
Officer: Yes sergeant?
Sergeant: We've spotted six peacekeeper missile foils south of the planetneck!
Officer: Radioman! Radio local command!

The Hive forces deployed at the planetneck are repositioning. The artillery are concealing themselves and returning fire against the foils with high explosives and the occasional nerve gas shell to kill hands on deck. Instead of using their own troops to spot for them, local rovers and garrissons are to spot for them and communicate what they have hit or not hit. This is to minimize exposure to enemy fire. The artillery are concealing themselves in pits, trenches, and valleys, in the hopes that the missile foils guns cannot elevate themselves enough to reach that angle. Additionally, other troops in the area are to create decoys with signal fires and mortars. On top of this, they are to patrol for mindworms or enemy invaders.

Meanwhile, my new troops are moving out from various bases, mostly in the jungle. I'm have to go now, so I'll post the exact locations saturday night.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2001, 08:23   #11
Clear Skies
Prince

To: Datatech Sinder Roze

My dear friend,
I am so pleased to hear that your first Missile Penetrators are almost complete. I, too, am building my own airforce, but in line with our pacifistic tendencies we have decided that the first unit should be one of Interceptors rather than Penetrators. Whilst these units are nowhere near as effective in ground assaults, they are unsurpassed in their ability to dogfight other aeroplanes. I am confident that with my Interceptors and your Penetrators we can first eliminate any University needlejets and then go on to claim victory in this war.

How is your research into Pre-Sentient Algorithms going? I have arranged for a secure channel to be left open to allow our scientists to communicate their ideas and quicken our research, if you are agreeable. Just think what wonders we could do together!

Well, my friend, I must go now. Many thanks for your bolstering of Inspiration Point.

Yours in peace and friendship,
Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

The Cybernetic Press

Ms Elaine Stuart-Lewison is almost ready for her induction ceremony. Elaine Alpha-Seven, as she will come to be called, has been spending her days and nights in preparation for her Connection, which will be personally supervised by our Prime Function.

Also in news...
The University are throwing ever more of their troops against Inspiration Point, but our defenders are holding out valiantly against their assaults. Inspiration Point will not fall!

To: Daniel Eta-4, Governor of Inspiration Point - Standard Encryption

My governor,
You are doing a wonderful job. I commend you with all my heart.
We are dispatching two new battalions of Silksteel Sentinels - the new type, equipped with Electronic Counter Measures, to help you against the University's Rovers.
Aki Zeta-5 out.
Old April 1, 2001, 10:50   #12
Natan
Prince

To: General Braddock

Contrary to popular opinion, my people desire peace. In the interest's of peace, we are willing to come to an agreement with you. These are the terms which the Central Committee has offered:

1) All hostilities will end, and a Peace Treaty will be signed.

2) All Hive forces will recieve amnesty for the use of nerve gas in the conflict, and no sanctions will be applied to the Hive.

3) The Hive will send formers to the peacekeeper side of the planetneck to rebuild the bunkers and to collect the dead, if general Braddock accepts our help.

4) The Hive will drop all demands for extradition of General Kane and his renegade forces.
Old April 1, 2001, 18:34   #13
DarkCloud
staff

Perhaps I am going 'above the law with my position' however, this is how I see it:

-Isn't Rocky Crag bordering Data Angel land?
-The nerve gas pods have been on my itinerary since the beginning of the restart; no one has said anything...
-The University always had a fair amount of 4-4-2 units...
-The reasoning behind the destruction of the Cyborg base is so: the nuking and destruction of probe team creates a unified attack and the Cyborgs take a city or two.
-This is in the story's interest. Zakharov is going to 'disappear' like I said.
-The reasoning behind the force differentials is so: The other factions have been fighting for a while, Zakharov has not lost any units. Cyborgs and Angels have not either. Note: Zak has no sea or air units. Note: I have not 'resolved' any conflicts, they will be resolved by the forces.
-This attack is to make the story more compelling.
-It is not as if I think the Cyborgs won't retaliate?
-Rocky Crag is going to the cyborgs to help Daniel who is using nerve pods; nerve pods dont make him invincible, it just kills some units and makes everyone hate University.
-I never said the Unies had a larger army than the Cyborgs/Data Angels combined...
-I'm not going to do the update to my status I should have because you will not believe the nerve gas part of my story but my strengths are really not that good in the attacking forces:

Offensive Units
-1 'Disciplined' Pulse Particle Rover (Led by Daniel Jakhobs-Howell) *Nerve Gas Pods (To Tau Collective)
-1 'Commando' Probe Team (Lead by Anastasius Koph-Powell) *Nuclear Device (To Alpha Prime)

-4 Formers (3 in regular bases) (2 in hidden bases)
-3 'Formers' [1-1-1] (Scattered]
-2 'Subpar' Probe Team (1 in hidden bases) (1 in regular bases)
-8 Mindworm Boils [5-3-3]*In xenofungus [3-2-1]*Out of Xenofungus (controlled by University) (Scattered)
-6 Mindworm Pre-Boils [2-2-3]*In xenofungus [1-1-1]*Out of xenofungus (controlled by University) (Scattered)
-1 Pulse Particle Rover [4-4-2] (Patroling Seaside)
-2 'Disciplined' Particle Rovers [4-1-2] (Near University Base)
-2 'Veteran' Particle Rovers [4-1-2] (In University Heights)
-1 'Disciplined' Particle Rovers [4-1-2](In Outpost #1)
-1 'Green' Particle Rover [4-1-2] (In Outpost #1)
-2 'Green' Partical Rovers [4-1-2] (In Techopolis)
-1 'Green' Partical Rover [4-1-2] (In Data Angel No-Go Zone)
-1 'Disciplined' Particle [4-1-2] (In Cyborg No-Go Zone)

Commander of Armed Forces Elijah Joseph McDowell-Hammn (born 2013)

1st Battle Group (Under General Dis Laird-Kings) (In University Base)
-1 Missile Launcher [A6 D1 M1 v Air/Sea] (In University Base)
-2 Pulse Particle Rovers [4-4-2] (In University Base)
-2 'Veteran' Particle Rover [4-1-2] (In University Base)
-2 'Green' Laser Rovers [2-1-2] (In University Base)

*When Fighting Air/Sea, Land's Effectiveness is halved
StrengthLand 21-12-10 *Missile Launcher Ineffective Air/Sea 16-7-7
Power
-Offense 26 points (5 from movement)
-Defense 17 points (5 from movement)

5th Battle Group (Under General Wilson Ffolk-Botha) (Headed for Data Angels)
-
-2 'Disciplined' Particle Rovers [4-1-2]
-1 'Green' Partical Rovers [4-1-2]
-2 'Disciplined; Laser Rovers [2-1-2]

Strength 16-5-10
Power
-Offense 21 points (5 from movement)
-Defense 10 points (5 from movement)

Rocky Crag Battle Group (Under General Lawrence Alistair Ewan-Greed) (Strike at South Cyborgs)
-3 'Disciplined' Particle Rovers [4-1-2] (In Memorial Caverns)
-1 'Green' Particle Rovers [4-1-2] (Near Rocky Crag)
-1 'Green' Scout Rover [1-1-2] (In Rocky Crag)

-Yes the antimind stuff... I probably shouldnt have posted that, I have no idea of its strength or where its units have been- Disregard that post.
-Note: I did say please voice your opinions and I have answered them... Hopefully well enough.
-I said nothing about super-soldiers,
-I might just kill most cyborgs in the city but will the Cyborgs and Angels not respond? This is to make Zakharov appear more unethical.

-Apologies
Old April 1, 2001, 18:36   #14
DarkCloud
staff

-About the believers, the main idea is that both the Believers and the University are bigots and this guy- oh heck, since XWaste wont play the believers- I'll probably get hate emails if I go through with the story, I would like to but it most likely will offend someone who thinks I am anti-christian,jewish,buddhist,atheist,scientist, or any other religion...
*sigh*
Old April 1, 2001, 18:45   #15
DarkCloud
staff

SMAC, I'm also in control of the Morganites
I took them out of the war didn't I?

-Oh, the reasons I have the University hating the Cyborgs are
1. Broke off
2. Humiliated Zakharov
3. Got him Imprisoned

-Zakharov has made overtures to the Antimind of an alliance; however I dont know how many units Anti has or its status, Chris has to tell me.
Anti is naturally against any pro-planetmind faction like the Cyborgs and Data Angels.

-Believers hate University (church v. science)

-Argonaut- I posted all of my plans now, and as you can see- it most likely will not be an easy strike for the University to keep what they take, if they are able to take it

what I posted were my opinions, not orders!

-Apologies for making them seem like orders for the story,
Old April 1, 2001, 18:49   #16
DarkCloud
staff

Only the 5th, Rocky Crag, Daniel, and Anastasius were going to war.

I didn't mean to seem as if I was ordering people to lose...
Old April 1, 2001, 21:35   #17
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: Yeah, I appologize for snapping. One thing though, the map I have places Rocky Crag WAY South, as in the Southern most part of the continent. The only border I've got on the map I created is between Cosmograd on the University side and Trojan Source on the Data Angel side. It's around the South Western part of Landing Bay. Did I get the coordinates wrong?

Angel's Herald

The Sprawl Goes On-line

Transmission was recieved today from our new holding, dubbed The Sprawl, on the large island to the North. Not much is known about the island, beyond the bases vacinity, but the Scout unit sent with it is already moving out to discover what's in the vacinity. In a time with so much bad news, it's nice to hear positive information for once.

All Quiet on the Western Front

So far, there has been an uneasy silence for the most part on our border with the University. Beyond a few skirmishes here and there, no critical battles have occured and there has been no loss of life on either side. Even at Inspiration Point (currently the hot spot on this continent) hostilities have remained at a minimal. It is unknown when the big push will come, or who will initiate it, but most believe it will be coming soon.

Some people are calling for a diplomatic solution, now that the Morganites have pulled out of the war, but analysts are not optomistic.
Old April 1, 2001, 22:37   #18
[LordLMP]

OOC: Darkcloud, Rocky Crag is situated mostly inside a mountain south of Garland Crater, deep in Cyborg territory. The hidden bases were to research advance techs, not to prepare for a future war. Thats what i thought and you also mentioned (i think) that they established a second hidden base south of Rocky Crag, at underground at the edge of the mountain close to the coast. Don't you have the map? Will send you the map aswell. Can try taking Inspiration Point back, after being under cyborg control for 60 years and there is a base east from there too, which University can gang up on. Let me get the map to SMAC, or even maybe try getting my website up and post it there. Darkcloud, you don't have full control of the Morganites or the Believers. the Antimind is mostly a sub group of Planetmind. would control them only if its required. will do some moves with spartans for now too, and have some internal problem flaming up, but doubt the war will end, but will slow down to stalemate, after the battle against the Cult of War and the Main Army. and the elimination of the Combine Army, which their supply route is cut off. Starving them out, ammunition wise and spare parts anyway. they pretty much can acquire food of their own, from farms especially. another thing, people thinks the whole population is inside the base, which i doubt it. half or 1/3 of them are in the field too, working on the farms, mines and solar collectors. Spartan will have a battle or two with the Battle Dragons north of their territory, soon joined the Gaians reinforcements. Since spartans crappy industry and internal problems, will have trouble to get reinforcements on either fronts. then, why would the Hive bother helping the spartans, after seing that the Spartans ain't has powerful as they thought they were but doubt after the last few major huge battles that the Peacekeepers have enough strength to really try conquering the Spartans territory.

North of Blast Rifle Crag

The six Battle Dragon units have entered Blast Rifle Crags radious, moving towards the base. They have overunned some farms along the way aswell. When they detected two Spartan Rover units coming towards them, the Battle Dragons turned to engage them. The spartan units are unarmoured missile rovers and shouldn't be a serious problem for the armoured Battle Dragons. When they engaged, the Battle at Joe's Farm begins.

Major Kurita check the status of the Hive forces under his command. Out of the five gatling rovers, only about 2 units survived with some losses. They were able to find survivors from the other Hive units. About a unit worth, but without rovers. He ordered to the renmants of the Hive units to scavange duty, to find any workable rovers in the battlefields they fought at, Hive or Spartans. they even found some spartans survivors, which they excuted on the spot. not like the peacekeepers would know about it, as they are to busy reestablishing defences at the Defence Lines, taking care of the Spartan Artilleries and making plans to retake Data Acquisition. While his people cannibilize wreckages and some workable rovers, he searchs through peacekeeper databanks provided by General Kane from General Braddock, he has located what he was looking for. It seems that the Peacekeepers discovered a Monolith north-east edge of the Great Dunes. The PKs have avoided exploring them due some risks in previous discoveries elsewhere, but the Hive hasn't. A several times in Hive history, they sent damage Hive units to Monoliths, where they repaired rovers and build some replacements. It even repairs the human body and brings them back to life. In some occasions, it even improves the entire units morale, improving them. After the Hive units finishs scavaging, he intends to lead his units to that Monolith.

Northern Spartan Territory

There is a situation going in Spartan territory. The General of the Blockade Guardians refused to equip his units with Nerve Gas and to lead them into the wastes to go after the unindentified rovers, which have been raiding mines, solar collectors and sensor arrays along the northern parts of Spartan territory. Why risk his troops in sensor blind area? the long range sensors are uneffective in the wastes, due to the wastes there. (except for sensor Arrays and deep radar) While the General gets called back to Sparta Command for "processing", six uninditefied units come out of the Upland Wastes and moving towards Blast Rifle Crag. two spartan missile rovers move to intercept them, which attracted the unknown rovers to them. They are outnumbered. rest of the Blockade Guardians started to move to go help the outnumbered spartan units, but they would be to late. They are also worried that there may be more of the unknown rovers which may come out of the wastes, but thats the risk they have to take. Besides, the Blockade Guardians are a bit dissorganized without their general.

Spartan/Peacekeeper Front

The Peacekeepers have succeeded in cutting off the Combined Army's supply route. Whatever left of the combine army is also having trouble in properly securing Data Acquisition, due to uncooperative civilians and rebelling. They are not in a good shape to continue their push into Peacekeeper territory, so they'll prepare themselves for the Peacekeepers to retake the base from them.

The Cult of War units continue to pierce through the defence lines north of U.N. Haven City, which the combine peacekeeper/cult of planet units are having trouble to defeat. Doubt the Cult of War units will survive, but they will keep the peacekeepers busy there while the Main Army prepares their main push through the defence lines further west.

Free Drones

the Free Drones continue to fortify and reinforce their borders with the Hive and Spartans. The upgrading of units is going well while some new units are being built. They succeeded in making a Penetrator and Interceptor prototypes and have now begun full production of Air Units. They are also in the slow process of build Aerocomplexs in all of their bases.

The Morganites has agreed to Captain Svensgaard's proposal, in which the pirates has stopped their blockades. Within a year, the Economy should stablelize itself and even improve from the pre-war state. With the lost of Morgan Bank, they have started widening the second route via Morgan Processing (OOC: or is it Distribution? oh well) to the Uranium Flats to compensate for the loss. The Morganites has begun negociating with various factions to establish various trade routes and to convince taking advantage of their large Air Transports fleet.

Old April 2, 2001, 09:20   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Planetneck

All hell was loose on the Hive side of the Planetneck, as the six U.N. missile foils kept pouring in everything they had, systematically blasting known or suspected positions of Hive forces. Then, without warning, the bombardment ended abruptly. The sudden silence almost seemed louder than the ear-splitting thunder it replaced...

Almost immediately, blinking lights appeared again on the horizon, delivering another message...

CEASE FIRE
NEGOTIATIONS IN PROGRESS

The lights kept blinking for a while, repeating their message over and over.

There were no more explosions.

**** SPECIAL FLASH MESSAGE ****
To: Chiron Alliance

I have received a message from Chairman Yang of the Hive, outlining the Hive's terms for a possible peace treaty between us. [Copy of Yang's message attached.] In response to this message and as a show of good intentions, I have declared a cease fire and ordered all forces under my command to immediately halt all offensive operations against Hive forces. Negotiations on the actual peace treaty should be underway shortly, and it is of critical importance that no allied forces attack the Hive while these negotiations are in progress. Defensively, we will maintain a high level of alert for some time yet, but no aggressive moves will be made by our side. Also, for the duration of these negotiations, I believe we should keep Yang informed on what we're doing on this front and why we're doing it, so that there won't be any unfortunate misunderstandings.

General Braddock

To: Commissioner Lal

Commissioner, there is one point in the Hive's peace terms which does appear problematic...

2) All Hive forces will recieve amnesty for the use of nerve gas in the conflict, and no sanctions will be applied to the Hive.

Personally, I think this one stinks, but I'll try to be diplomatic about it...

General Braddock

To: Chairman Yang of the Hive

Chairman, it looks like we might be able to bring this unfortunate conflict to an end on terms that will be acceptable to us all. In response to your offer, the Peacekeeping Forces have declared an immediate cease fire, and all offensive operations against your forces have ended. However, as you know, I am just a general of the armed forces, and so political decisions like this one are not mine to make on my own. I shall have to consult our political leadership and our allies. Then I shall contact you again when I have a more coherent response to your proposals.

General Braddock

**** SPECIAL FLASH MESSAGE ****
To: All Hive Forces

The Peacekeeping Forces acknowledge receipt of a message from Chairman Yang, presenting the Hive's terms for a possible peace treaty between us. In response to this message, a cease fire has been declared and is effective immediately. No further offensive action will be taken against you by the Peacekeeping Forces or our allies.

[This message is broadcast on all known Hive frequencies.]

To: General Kane

General, the Hive has offered to "drop all demands for extradition" of you and your men as part of a peace treaty between us. Sounds fair enough, but I was thinking you might wish to go home some day...?

General Braddock

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 02, 2001).]
Old April 2, 2001, 14:28   #20
Clear Skies
Prince

OOC: WHAT??? You've suddenly chosen Alpha Prime as the site for my base-nuking?
If you nuke any one of my bases I am pulling out of this story and my part in it stops here. I am so fed up with people overpowering. It's not like I even WANT any conflict - I'm supposed to be the leader of a race that has no truck with anger!
This is really getting on top of me. I don't want to fight, damn you all! I joined this story for some proper literary input and decent diplomacy, not some massive punch-up where everyone tries to overpower everyone else!

Right, got that off my chest. But if that probe team isn't disbanded soon, I'm off and XWaste can have his Cyborgs back if he still wants them.

BIC:
Private to Chairman Sheng-ji Yang of the Hive

I am thankful that you have decided to end this senseless war. I hope you will not hold any of this against us - we had very little choice but to declare war on your allies the Spartans.
If you are willing, we would like to sign a Treaty of Friendship with you. It is not even as if I can do your mighty Empire much harm - after all, we are on diametrically opposite sides of Planet.
Think on this, I beg you, Chairman.

Old April 2, 2001, 18:57   #21
Natan
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic on 04-02-2001 02:28 PM

I am thankful that you have decided to end this senseless war. I hope you will not hold any of this against us - we had very little choice but to declare war on your allies the Spartans.
If you are willing, we would like to sign a Treaty of Friendship with you. It is not even as if I can do your mighty Empire much harm - after all, we are on diametrically opposite sides of Planet.
Think on this, I beg you, Chairman.

To: Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

Private

I accept your proposal for a treaty of friendship. You are a reasonable person, as am I, and therefore I consider our factions to be well matched. Let an exchange of ambassadors commence at once.
Old April 3, 2001, 10:09   #22
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

U.N. Enforcement Base

One by one, the Data Angel rovers came rolling off the line, their new weapon systems ready and operational. The crews gathered around them, eagerly inspecting missile launchers and gatling lasers, some trying out their new targeting systems. A few Peacekeeper instructors were intermingled with the Data Angel crews, giving lessons and advice on how to operate the new weapon systems. More crew was eagerly waiting for rovers that weren't finished yet. Soon they would all be ready to roll out, and with things cooling down at the Planetneck, it now seemed unlikely that they would be sent there. On the other hand, there was a pretty good chance that they'd be going off to fight the Spartans... No one knew for sure yet, but it couldn't be much longer now...
They were almost ready...

Planetneck, Peacekeeper side

It was all quiet now, and everybody was watching and waiting...

Some of the troops were getting ready to leave the bunkers, but no one did... yet...

U.N. Enforcement Base

General Braddock hadn't slept much that night... he was getting tired, but there was no time to rest... not yet... He still wanted to end hostilities with the Hive, but not at all cost... That was why he had spent almost a full day and then almost a full night in meetings and consultations, trying to figure out what the hell to make out of this mess... Yang's terms had been fairly reasonable though... he hadn't asked them to repeal the U.N. Charter...

-But he had asked them not to enforce it, which was almost as bad...

Grumbling and muttering under his breath, he kept walking down the corridor, his mind still trying to make some sense out of this whole mess going on. If only they could close the Hive front, they could concentrate everything they had against the Spartans...

He had spoken to Commissioner Lal almost a dozen times that night, and in spite of their differences, the two men pretty much agreed on this matter: They both wanted the war against the Hive to end, but not at the expense of the U.N. Charter...

Chairman, I now have a response to your proposals.
We are willing to end this conflict and sign a peace treaty with you on the following conditions:

1) The Hive will officially withdraw from the so-called Apex alliance, and no further attempts will be made to support the Spartan Federation in their war against Chiron Alliance Forces. In return, we will promise not to station any offensive units near the Planetneck, and our naval forces will move away from the Hive's coastal waters. The Hive may send inspectors to the Peacekeeper side of the Planetneck so that you may see for yourselves that we are keeping our side of the agreement.

2) On the subject of nerve gas... This is a violation of the U.N. Charter, which is enforced by the Planetary Council, not by the Peacekeeping Forces alone. However, in the interest of peace, we will agree not to pursue this matter in or out of the Council, meaning that no attempt will be made to punish the Hive - or individual members of the Hive Forces - for the use of nerve gas in this conflict. This agreement is strictly limited to this particular conflict only, and is NOT to be interpreted as an "immunity to sanctions" in general. No faction holds any such immunity, nor will it ever be granted. However, you may always state your case in the Council if you wish to do so.

3) The Hive will drop all charges against General Kane and his men, regardless of where they are.

4) The Peacekeeping Forces will not require assistance on our side of the Planetneck, but do you need anything on yours?

I sincerely hope that the Central Committee will find this acceptable.

General Braddock

U.N. Data Acquisition

The rover came rolling in from the north late in the afternoon.
The Spartan lookouts saw it coming in, as did the few civilians who were still around. It flew two different flags... The blue and white one of the Peacekeepers was neat and clean, flapping proudly in the wind... the dark Spartan flag was ripped and dirty, hanging like a rag... The rover stopped about 200 meters outside the defensive perimeter, waiting for the Spartans to come and check it out...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 03, 2001).]
Old April 3, 2001, 15:15   #23
Clear Skies
Prince

Chairman,
Thankyou for your acceptance of my proposal. I hereby officially ratify our Treaty of Friendship.
Please understand, however, that I cannot condone your use of Nerve Gas under any conditions. I believe it to be a terrible weapon that should be present only as a deterrent, if at all.

Yours in friendship,

Private to Captain Ulrik Svensgaard of the Nautilus Pirates

Dear Svensgaard,
After much deliberation on our part, we have decided to allow your researchers into our city. However, this will only happen on three conditions - they are not to leave the environs of Alpha Prime, they are to have all their movements carefully documented by our observations teams, and any and all advances are to be shared with us immediately.
Yours in friendship and co-operation,
Aki Zeta-5

Private to CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Don't think I haven't seen that Probe Team that's attempting to sneak into Inspiration Point, CEO. Remove it now, or I will be forced to do it for you.
If you force me to do so, your team will be captured and deported. If it happens more than once, they will be returned to you in body bags.
Do not try my patience, CEO. You have had enough of it already.

OOC: There are three defensive probe teams stationed in Inspiration Point, just to guard against anything Morgan does
Old April 3, 2001, 16:35   #24
Natan
Prince

To: General Braddock of the peacekeepers

We find your terms acceptable, as long as no limitations are placed on our force disposition at Planetneck. We do not intend to place a large offensive army there, but we will maintain forces there, including some troops with offensive capabilities.
However, we do have one proviso. General Kane and his men can only return to the Hive if they sign wavers allowing for their re-education. This is itself a generous decision, as it is a well known axiom that a traitor's fate is death. We cannot allow Kane back into our society after he betrayed us unless he is willing to submit to reformation and possible punishment. However, we can agree not to seek him out to kill him while he remains abroad and does not attempt to fight against us.

In addition to this peace treaty, the Central Committee has come up with two opportunities for cooperation which we hope you will accept.

1) The Hive is strong in industrial capacity, but lacks technology. Your situation is the reverse. Our analysts have estimated that your industrial capacity to produce weapons to feed your war is far from what you would like. We propose the following:

If you will provide us with technology, we will provide you with weapons, electronics, and vehicles built to your specifications. If you find this idea acceptable, we can begin to discuss the details.

2) The Hive is strong in probe teams. If you will permit us, we would like to send some Probe teams through your territory to engage in espionage and sabotage against the Spartans. If you find this proposal acceptable, then we will send the probe teams across the planetneck this year or next. Your security forces would naturally be allowed to impound our probe teams equipment until the moment of your operation. Aditionally, if you find the idea acceptable, we would prefer if you would aid us in making our probe teams appear to be Peacekeeper sabateuers, so that we can maintain our neutrality.

To: The ministry of defense

You are to redeploy our new forces as follows:

The new self propelled artillery unit (artillery missile rover) is to go to The Hive to patrol our eastern seaboard for hostile naval vessels. The two new rover units are to be stationed at Hole of Aspiration as a strategic reserve. One missile infantry will be deployed at each of the following bases: Laborer's Throng, Fecundity Tower, Society Grid, Unity Grid, and Factory Maze.

To: Ministry of industry

You are to continue work on the defensive lines on our border with the Free Drones. Stand by for further orders.

OOC: Two questions about the rules

1) I see the tech point formula and I think I understand how it works. But how often does each faction get the number of tech points listed for its research rate? The timescale is unclear.

2) What's the deal with maintenence costs, energy credits, and base improvements? Do I have to pay maintenence costs for base improvements? Should I be keeping track of my energy credit level?
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited April 03, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Natan (edited April 03, 2001).]
Old April 3, 2001, 20:39   #25
Argonaut
Prince

***Private Message : Enhanced Encryption***
To: Captain Ulrich Svensgaard c/o Nautilis Pirates

Greetings Captain,

While I understand your desire to harnass the wealth available in Morganite markets, I still cannot justify the return of Morgan Bank after what my people went through to gain control of it. As well, there are too many Data Angel supporters in Morgan Bank who have revealed themselves in the take over operation. I cannot abandon them in the name of profit. Morgan's markets will recover, without Morgan Bank.

Roze

***Private Message : Enhanced Encrpytion***
To: Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five c/o Cybernetic Conciousness

Aki,

I think your suggestion of balancing our air force production is a brilliant suggestion. Such cooperation will increase the effectiveness of both our offensive and defensive air assault abilities, while minimizing production time and costs.

I also think it would be wise to coordinate our offensive when the time comes. If I strike with the bulk of my forces towards Cosmograd, and you attack from Inspiration Point in combination with my Battle Ogres, we can stretch Zakharov's forces to the limit. With a decisive strike like that, perhaps Zakahrov will see his folly and we will be able to reach a peace agreement.

As for my pre-sentient algorithm research, it is almost complete. I assure you, as soon as it is completed, I will share it with you.

Your eternal friend,
Roze
Old April 3, 2001, 20:49   #26
Christantine The Great
Prince

OOC: Just wanted every one to know I am still with you, just very busy right now. I have read up on all that I've missed and will respond in 1-2 days. DarkCloud, in your list of Univ. forces you listed 3 formers and 2 secret ones but only put "4 Formers" for the total. Which is it? And I also think it is very unfair to nuke a capital city. The capital of a faction would be the most heavily guarded area they would have. A nuclear device would put off WAY too much energy to remain undetectible.
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2001, 09:30   #27
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Very well, we have an agreement then. We too will keep some forces at the Planetneck, but not offensive ones, as was part of our agreement with you. The naval forces will begin their withdrawal immediately. Also, your ideas on further cooperation between us do indeed sound interesting, although I cannot commit myself to anything at this time. Hopefully, we can keep thinking along these lines in the weeks and months ahead, since - as you so rightfully pointed out - both of our factions have a lot to gain from cooperation with each other.

General Braddock

Planetneck, Hive side

Sergeant Sung watched as the six Peacekeeper missile foils turned away and rapidly picked up speed. Soon they were heading back out to sea, away from the Hive's coast...
Old April 4, 2001, 13:58   #28
Clear Skies
Prince

OOC:Why is the Centauri Dawn contest post still at the top of my post list? There hasn't been a post on it in ages. Is this some moderator thing?

To: Commissioner Pravin Lal of the Peacekeepers

Commissioner,
I am now satisfied that you have tightened your security sufficiently to prevent any Spartan probe teams from infiltrating your Datalinks. I am therefore prepared to share our data on Silksteel Alloys with you. Forgive my hesitation, but if the Spartans were to get their hands on this technology the ramifications could be terrible.

Yours in friendship,
Aki Zeta-5

To: Sinder Roze of the Data Angels

My friend,
I think this is a brilliant idea. Surely the fall of Cosmograd will finally bring Zakharov to his senses and stop this war. Only one thing, my friend - to the victor the spoils, but which victor? Which of us shall claim Cosmograd?
I sincerely hope this is not a point of major contention between us. In lgiht of your most kind aid in the defence of Inspiration Point, I am perfectly prepared to concede Cosmograd to you.
Yours in friendship and co-operation forever,
Aki Zeta-5
[This message has been edited by SMAC Fanatic (edited April 04, 2001).]
Old April 4, 2001, 17:05   #29
Argonaut
Prince

***Private Message : Enhanced Encryption***
To: Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five c/o Cybernetic Conciousness

Aki,
Let us not get ahead of ourselves here. First we must capture Cosmograd before we can decide who will control it. Zakharov will not let it go easily. While your gesture is appreciated, let us save the decision for the negotiating table, should we even get that far. I am confident that we will be able to work out agreement that most logically benefits both of our factions.

Roze
Old April 4, 2001, 21:53   #30
Natan
Prince

To: General Braddock

Our first proposal is advanced sub atomic theory in exchange for six 6-1-2 missile rovers to be produced this year and delivered the next. Delivery of technology will be due upon completion of vehicle production. If you wish, you may specify dimensions and technical details for the rovers. If this proposal is unacceptable, please consider our alternate offer of Doctrine: Air Power in exchange for six needlejet/interceptor units built to your specifications. Obviously, in order to enable us to produce the designs, delivery of technology would be due immediately.