Old April 26, 2001, 20:41   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
No, it is much more fun to have them unstable- and anyways it reflects the real world...

Also, "In a faction of leaders- who will follow?"
Smart-people are natural-born leaders...

Well I still will have someone smuggle him back, 're-educate him' and use him to cause trouble within the University and without, for the stuff his 'friends' will feed him will be that Zakharov 'sacraficed' him.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2001, 23:09   #32
[LordLMP]

Currently, the rovers don't have any contact with the outside world, or Nautilus command...especially since they are being "unknown, unmarked, FOF transponderless". Anyway, says who Pirates have to stop? anyway, want to have the rovers into that base! so Governor making deal, then they can make a deal about them helping some spartans defeat some other group, or mainly defend, and so on... then have the Gaian forces arrive and land at the base... and so on Santiego will have trouble taking control of Blast Rifle Crag for a bit

-LordLMP
Old April 26, 2001, 23:13   #33
[LordLMP]

suggestion to all, transfer your factions stats and so on to the new Admin thread please, will do the same when i get the time coming weekend....and so discussion in the Admin thread, only here

-LordLMP

Old April 27, 2001, 03:27   #34
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:35
Sprayber: No need to apologize for long posts, it's cool man!

The PKs are about to be totally, completely and utterly surprised when they stumble accross a bunch of their own people as they're about to charge in... the attack will most likely be called off once PK command realize what is happening. The only question is... will the order get out in time??
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2001, 04:29   #35
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
Well the Spartans may be fighting already. Weiss will not be happy when he doesn't see PK civilians being placed in strategic areas of the base. And he diffinently won't be happy when some of his Captains come to tell him that he is no longer fit to command. Funny thing is the Spartans are going to do some fighting if the PKs come or not.

edit: I'll wait for your post before replying. Kessel will make a call to Lal not knowing a thing about the whole mess.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 27, 2001).]
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2001, 04:36   #36
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

My, oh my, what a mess we've gotten ourselves into...

Okay, I think we should slow down the time scale a bit for the duration of this "Final Showdown". Lal doesn't know about this mess yet either, nor does he know much about Kessel... however, he will have received the intelligence report by now...

As of right now, it's some time late that night and the PKs are closing in...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 27, 2001).]
Old April 27, 2001, 04:45   #37
Sprayber
Emperor

Yeah, that would be a good idea. About this time the first group of PKs have already left the base and the captains have gone to see Weiss. I may have overstated the fighting situation. The captains will remove weiss but a few of his men will resist. It won't be a massacar, sorry to disappoint , but some will die.
Old April 27, 2001, 08:18   #38
Sprayber
Emperor

No Guardian, don't shoot your own people. Very good post
Old April 27, 2001, 08:30   #39
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Thanks!
Hopefully, Kyla will look before she shoots... ;p
It's hard to see things clearly in the dark from more than 6 kilometers away though, even with the advanced targeting system and all...
Old April 27, 2001, 08:40   #40
Sprayber
Emperor

I'm working on another little addition.
Old April 27, 2001, 08:52   #41
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

This is getting pretty intense...
Old April 27, 2001, 09:03   #42
Sprayber
Emperor

I'm on the edge of my chair. Try this on for size.
Old April 27, 2001, 09:10   #43
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I'm gonna put him through to Commander Grafton...
Old April 27, 2001, 09:59   #44
Sprayber
Emperor

The captain has been promoted. Will this be a happy day? Lets find out.
Old April 27, 2001, 10:36   #45
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

It might turn out to be a very happy day indeed... -or it could turn into a complete disaster! It's not settled yet... Unfortunately, I have to go for now, but I'll try to get back to it some time this weekend...
Old April 27, 2001, 11:18   #46
Sprayber
Emperor

Don't feel bad, I'm going to post on Blast Rifle Crag and get some sleep. We done some pretty good stuff.

Natan: Sorry I didn't get my Spartan society post done, it will be up around Saturday.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 27, 2001).]
Old April 27, 2001, 22:14   #47
[LordLMP]

Just to say, the spot i saved to write my actions is done, edited and done most of what i wanted to do. Suggest people to scroll up to read it

-LordLMP
Old April 27, 2001, 22:15   #48
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I am thinking about having the University quit producing war materials soon and switching
to straight production: I believe that this will severely hamper their war capabilities,
however I believe that since they are shifting their 40% production out that it should
equate into a 30-40% rise in research to reflect their retooling.

Since this is a possible 'selfish' change- I will defer to LordLMP, the other GM, to
ask his opinion.

Also, University is now:
1. Digging Tunnels
2. Setting on track to return to Earth

This brings up several questions-
1-Is Earth destroyed by war- or are there survivors and no nuclear winter?
2-Can we, within 200-300 years, colonize other star systems?
(We could do FLASH: UoP on Andromeda, FLASH: UoP on Earth, FLASH: UoP on Alpha Centauri;
more story dimensions)

My answers:
1-Nuclear winter, but a small group of humans in Germany (or elsewhere) built an
ecodome to survive in, and have survived whereas hideous mutants have raged outside
(not too many- radiation does kill)
2-Yes, but not many and the background and coverings of the planets has to be realistic.
(IE: no "the ice planet", "the jungle planet", "the desert planet") These would only be
good as outposts, not real settlement stations.
Old April 28, 2001, 11:12   #49
[LordLMP]

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCloud on 04-27-2001 10:15 PM

Also, University is now:
1. Digging Tunnels
2. Setting on track to return to Earth

This brings up several questions-
1-Is Earth destroyed by war- or are there survivors and no nuclear winter?
2-Can we, within 200-300 years, colonize other star systems?
(We could do FLASH: UoP on Andromeda, FLASH: UoP on Earth, FLASH: UoP on Alpha Centauri;
more story dimensions)

1. Doubt Earth will be completly be destroyed and do think there would be survivors, but i'm sure it will be centuries before we ever get to that point...so years real time :P
2. but we could have a space race thought, after we acquire Orbital Space Flight and later, Advanced Spaceflight. Where we send bunch of satellites, have some minor orbital wars and a rush to land on the moons around Chiron ;P and send probes all over the system and towards the sol system.
Colonizing other solar systems will be quite farhead thought... what would happened after the Transcendance? sure there will be some people left on Chiron after that...

My answers:
1-Nuclear winter, but a small group of humans in Germany (or elsewhere) built an
ecodome to survive in, and have survived whereas hideous mutants have raged outside
(not too many- radiation does kill)

elsewhere like Canada and in all the countries the players are from :P

2-Yes, but not many and the background and coverings of the planets has to be realistic.
(IE: no "the ice planet", "the jungle planet", "the desert planet") These would only be
good as outposts, not real settlement stations.

maybe just start with by sending a expedition to the Sol System to see if earth is still there and then come back to alpha centauri to tell rest of planet....which would cause a rush to get back to earth....... of course, thats way way far fetch thought and nowhere near to that point.

-LordLMP
Old April 28, 2001, 16:10   #50
Clear Skies
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCloud on 04-27-2001 10:15 PM
(We could do FLASH: UoP on Andromeda, FLASH: UoP on Earth, FLASH: UoP on Alpha Centauri; more story dimensions)

1. Is it just me, or is Andromeda a galaxy? Or are you referring to the constellation? Either way, there's no one star called Andromeda as far as I know.
2. Doesn't this require at least Advanced Spaceflight, a tech that (unless even more people have been doing some suspiciously spectacular research) no-one should have yet and hopefully for a long time to come?
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2001, 22:45   #51
DarkCloud
staff

I was merely planning in the big picture for later installments to make the game more interesting!

and YES! Andromeda IS a galaxy, as are the Lesser and Greater Magellnic Clouds.
Old April 29, 2001, 10:53   #52
Sprayber
Emperor

If we were inclined to write a short biography of a character(s) and maybe didn't want to include it in a game post, where would it go? Just a summary maybe. Admin thread? A separate thread maybe? I just thought it might be cool if people wanted to write up a short summary of their main characters that came up from time to time. Just to give OOC info into their backgrounds without cluttering up the official game thread.
Old April 29, 2001, 11:10   #53
Clear Skies
Prince

DarkCloud, you're doing it again. University with cloning? Have they discovered Biomachinery yet? (Prerequisite for the Cloning Tanks).
Ugh. All this overpowering is just making the story less and less fun. Don't know if I'll bother continuing.
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2001, 11:50   #54
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hey, I kind of like the idea of a separate thread for character descriptions. I do have a few chars of my own who would likely show up in there...
Old April 29, 2001, 17:53   #55
DarkCloud
staff

First off:
Zakharov can have cloning- it has been on the table since we began the game; the project was only my idea to make it more feasable that a lot of people could be cloned; LMP also made a supposition that I already had it built.

At the beginning of the game everyone had one or two 'extras'
the University had one extra researched tech and cloning which could backfire should anyone find out about its existence because it was against the peace accords.

The Cyborgs had one extra researched tech and no wars in their early development; thus they had a better developed army and such.
Old April 29, 2001, 18:02   #56
DarkCloud
staff

SMAC-

Just how am I being overpowering;
everything that I have done which has been controversial, I have asked for your input after posting the information for you to look at the story before the changes.

I really do not see what the problem is there.

The only things which I have demanded so far has been
1. Don't kill Daniel Jakhobs-Howell as he is one of my principal characters
2. Cloning- reasons stated above
Old April 29, 2001, 21:42   #57
[LordLMP]

University's cloning is limited, not always 100% successful and not alowed to make soldiers or something... they are only cloning, not altering the human DNA. So with the Human Genome Project, simple cloning is easy... and the clones grow in their makeshift tanks naturally, but bit faster with the help of something. Anyway, University will not get a huge population boom, they don't have the right tech to properly transfer/copy the mind to the clones and so on. And no 6th Day cloning style either. So SMAC, don't worry. technicly, the Cyborgs are more advance technology wise than University. Also, they do have Neural Grafting, Mind/Machine Interface and so on, not the complete tech...but the Cyborg do practice it. Thats why the Pirates have sent a science team to study these "practices" so when they finish their current tech, they can start researching on neural grafting (extra ability bonus) and later on, MMI. Some factions may of recently acquires or had the tech for awhile, and still haven't taken full advantage of it yet for military and so on. Look at University, they are still using Impact weaponry where they have the tech for Gatling Lasers and recently, Msl Launcher. Upgrading/Prototypes does effect Economy/Industry/Resources in general.

I'm surprised no complained about the Pirates yet :/ as they are capable of forcely take control all of the oceans, ruin naval trade all over cut continents off from each other....except for communication, but pirates can intercept. well, until factions start shooting up Communication Satellites anyway :P

of course, the pirates had a lot of freedom to expand and so on too :P

-LordLMP
Old April 30, 2001, 00:32   #58
Sprayber
Emperor

Yeah I guess we did get a little carried away there. We could go back and edit the whole thing to where all the posts were all one single post and then use the extra spaces for future events. Something like this

1st post
-------------
2nd post
-------------
3rd post

and Guardian could do the same thing. Is this possible? That way it would appear as if happend in the same time frame instead of over several months.
Old April 30, 2001, 01:41   #59
Sprayber
Emperor

Don't worry LMP. With General Kessel in charge the Spartans know who their real enemy is. They know who is driving the alliance and who they will undoubtedly have to face on the high seas. This time they will show a little more patience and wait until the time is right. Expect a subtle campaign of propaganda. Besides, no permement allies and no permement enemies.
Old April 30, 2001, 07:31   #60
Sprayber
Emperor

LMP: Should me and Guardian edit out posts to fit the time line better or just leave them? Thought I would get that clear first.