Old May 17, 2001, 00:12   #121
[LordLMP]

University, Spartans and Peacekeepers, please state your votes in the Planetary Council so we can get it done and over with.

As for the global trade agreement...proper planetary trade should start somewhere. The submit would be a really good place for big companies from various factions to come, make deals, acquire contracts, invest in each others stocks and etc... having the Submit at Morgan Industries would be better as it would avoid to much protesting as the people there are seriously into Free Trade. and there won't be any military units there except for the base's garrison. but probe teams are not invited, but who could stop them really? and i'm sure there will be morganite probe teams to supervise security there just to say... so when should we start the submit, in the third page of 2183? ...third quarter 2183? this would also be a bit of threat for the monopolistic investment firms as foreign companies will be able to invest stocks in any factions that supports the Global trade Agreement...if the faction even have a stock exchange.... the biggest stock exchange on Planet at the moment is the one at Morgan Industries :P will get more into detail with this tommorrow or sometime this week
Old May 17, 2001, 00:15   #122
[LordLMP]

University, Spartans and Peacekeepers, please state your votes in the Planetary Council so we can get it done and over with.

As for the global trade agreement...proper planetary trade should start somewhere. The submit would be a really good place for big companies from various factions to come, make deals, acquire contracts, invest in each others stocks and etc... having the Submit at Morgan Industries would be better as it would avoid to much protesting as the people there are seriously into Free Trade. and there won't be any military units there except for the base's garrison. but probe teams are not invited, but who could stop them really? and i'm sure there will be morganite probe teams to supervise security there just to say... so when should we start the submit, in the third page of 2183? ...third quarter 2183? this would also be a bit of threat for the monopolistic investment firms as foreign companies will be able to invest stocks in any factions that supports the Global trade Agreement...if the faction even have a stock exchange.... the biggest stock exchange on Planet at the moment is the one at Morgan Industries :P will get more into detail with this tommorrow or sometime this week
Old May 17, 2001, 00:43   #123
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Are you talking about the peacekeeping forces and embasies? Cause we have already gave our votes.

quote:

To: Planetary Council

Yea The formation of an Interfactional Peacekeeping Task Force that the Hive must be allowed to participate in.

Nay to The right of all factions to establish unarmed embassies in each others capitals. This can only happen if there is an agreement between the two sovereign factions.

Spartans voted already. On the last page of the The Chiron Chronicle 6: 2182.

So did the Hive a few posts above mine.

quote:

We utterly reject this flagrant attempt to detroy the last semblance of faction soveriegnty. Both of these measures were out forth to justify spying under the guise of peacekeeping. The Hive will decide who will be allowed to station troops and diplomats in its territory. We categorically reject both proposals.

1. nay
2. nay

I never did see what the Pk's voted but I assume they voted for both measures.

Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2001, 00:17   #124
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 05:35
Sorry LordLMP, I'm a little confused by your latest posts. Do you mean "SUMMIT" as in the recently much protested Free Trade Summit of the America's up in Quebec? I'm just not sure if your talking about something fancy that I don't know about or if it's a typo.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2001, 07:45   #125
[LordLMP]

Yes, SUMMIT, sorry for typo. the Global Trade Summit for all of chiron would like the summit of america's and the world trade conferences...

but short on protesters as it will most likely be located in Morgan Industries where people support free trade and so on.... anyway, the summit in CC would be about reorganizing the trade routes and adding a few. review the global trade agreement. And allowing faction companies to go establish in other factions and invest in their stocks and so on. governments are allowed to invest aswell :P ...which Morgan Industries as been doing, but it is a bit threatened by these monopolistic investment firms :P so Morgan and Svensgaard talked about it and decided to setup a global trade summit... for Svensgaard, allows the Nautilus Pirates to economicly keep the Morganites in check... for Morgan, when the time comes, will allow him to corner the global market lot easily and introducing foreign companies to invest and so on in morgan stock exchanges and so on would give the Sir Cloud dudes obstacles in their attempts to buy off other factions... and will also introducing the Larionov Merchant Company which got disbanded in Nautilus Pirates after tha LArionov rebellion, but the company reestablish itself in Morgan territory, still weakened thought at the moment.

companies from various factions will be allowed to attend as they go acquire various contracts and deals with other companies....pretty much improving the economy.
Old May 19, 2001, 00:09   #126
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The University refuses to respond to any votes.
They care, but they do not believe that they should be involved in the council.

However, I will write that they refuse to have any intruders on their lands.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2001, 15:10   #127
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:35
The Global Trade Summit sounds kind of interesting... The Peacekeepers will definitely be there! However, they will utterly reject any kind of trade/business involving anything Spartan... If you want to know why, take a look at the footage from U.N. SeaQuest...

The single largest company in PK territory is the Star Group, which is into almost every kind of trade/business in their society. It is almost like a PK version of Morgan Industries, only much greener and somewhat less monopolistic...

Oh, and by the way, I finally got my act together and edited my admin-post...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited May 21, 2001).]
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2001, 16:18   #128
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

By the way... one other thing...

Natan, did Yang "forget" to deliver the last two rover groups or have you just not mentioned it...?
Old May 24, 2001, 16:18   #129
Natan
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
By the way... one other thing...

Natan, did Yang "forget" to deliver the last two rover groups or have you just not mentioned it...?
As I recall, I posted orders to the minister of industry to send them along. You can write up the story of their arrival at planetneck.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2001, 02:32   #130
Sprayber
Emperor

My posting may be a little sparse next week. I'm moving into a new apartment and will be out of town totally next Friday-Sunday. I will be sure be back Monday though with a new apartment, net connection, and maybe some fresh ideas.

I'll let the techs work on Ruth and maybe she will be a little more user friendly. Should I have a "Name Santiago's Baby Contest?" If I'm not mistaken, no other leader has children. Roze should be listening to that biological clock. As should Dee, Miriam and maybe even AKI.
Old May 28, 2001, 10:12   #131
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Okay, maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but if anything happens to Kyla , the other Peacekeepers are going to be mighty pissed off...

Also, I've grown emotionally attached myself somehow, so if anybody's going to shoot her , I'd really appreciate it if you could somehow make it a non-lethal injury...

You can play rough with her if you like (No, I did NOT mean that sexually, you pervert! )
She is in the Special Forces after all... Just don't kill her, okay?

- Please??

Oh, and of course, if you do hurt her, I'll say you're a horrible, evil, barbaric person who should be locked up in the darkest hole on the planet and left there...
(One of the Peacekeepers' privilegues to describe your enemies that way... )

Last edited by Guardian; May 29, 2001 at 00:58.
Old May 30, 2001, 08:31   #132
[LordLMP]

It seems that the upgrade to the board as lowered the amount of posts per page, hmm :/ are we still require to create a new thread after the fourth page? if not, can extand the year with 5 pages of 30 posts. if so, then the timetable as shorten for the game and if thats the case, we have to watch ourselves with the posts :P rather we see faction actions than focusing on character building.

will post something about the pirates. Pirates may have voted for a IPTF, but doesn't mean they want to be part of it :P and would have to move units about too and see what LMP has been up to since he left University Base :P

-LordLMP
Old May 30, 2001, 09:53   #133
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Perhaps those of us who like to write more detailed stories about individual charcters should do so in a separate thread? That way, the main thread could be used to keep track of "the big picture". We could post brief summaries there and those who wanted to read the full story could find it in the story thread. Hence, people like Sprayber and myself wouldn't be messing with the time scale every time we get a little exited about something...
Old May 30, 2001, 20:57   #134
Sprayber
Emperor

Guardian has a good suggestion. I would probably write more about the characters, but I start to feel like I'm cluttering up the thread. I'll post something Thrusday afternoon since I'm kind of semi-settled. My apartment is still having the finishing touches put on it. But as you can see I have access to a computer.
Old June 1, 2001, 08:26   #135
[LordLMP]

Yes, you can do that if you want can create a thread for it, or i can or darkcloud or whoever :P so far, it seems 2183 will be a dull year :P

-LordLMP
Old June 1, 2001, 16:35   #136
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

A dull year, you say?
Well, we'll see about that...

Among other interesting things coming up, we're about to have a real scandal with the Peacekeepers. Braddock will come down on Christopher like a ton of bricks, not because he blew up some Spartans and shoved them into that rover, but because he has the nerve to claim that his atrocities are not in violation of the U.N. Charter. When you say something like that, you've clearly lost sight of what the Charter is all about, and you're certainly not a Peacekeeper...

I'm being pretty thorough here... been digging through the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to figure out how many articles Colonel Christopher actually violated... -Not few!

Oh, and about U.N. Bureaucracy... well, sheeez! Have you ever tried to look up anything on the U.N. web site? The place is a JUNGLE!!!! It's not hard to find relevant info, there's just so many charters and treaties and conventions and commissions and resolutions and declarations, and so on and on and on... If you try to get all the relevant documents, you won't get to use them for anything because you'll NEVER get done reading them!

If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself at www.un.org

Actually, I think you could kill people with some of these documents! I've spent about an hour digging into the matter today and I've never seen so much political, diplomatic and legal mumbo-jumbo in my life before! It almost seems like there's hardly anything plain and simple that doesn't end up being turned into a 10 page list of sections and sub-sections, each repeating what the first one said, but approaching the matter from a slightly different angle...

There are some honest exceptions though.
Also, there are some articles in here that really kick ass!

For instance, article 104 of the U.N. Charter states that "the Organization shall enjoy in the territory of each of its Members such legal capacity as may be necessary for the exercise of its functions and the fulfilment of its purposes"

In other words: They can basically do whatever the hell they think is necessary under the present circumstances at any given time/place, and as long as they don't violate their own Charter, no one can bust them for it...

Hmmm, interesting...
Old June 1, 2001, 17:01   #137
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

On a different subject, my character Kyla Johnson is actually a pretty good example of how things tend to take on a life of their own in this kind of story threads...
I originally imagined her as a nice but otherwise fairly ordinary girl who ended up in the army because she had the ill fortune of being born in the same world as some rather nasty Spartans... I originally thought she'd look pretty decent but not all that special, and that she'd probably have brown hair...
She arrives at the front, along comes Sprayber with a Spartan sergeant of his... -and all of a sudden I discover that my character Kyla is not only blonde, but also the most beautiful woman he's ever seen...

Well, what can I say, it wasn't quite the way I planned it at the start, but I rather like her this way. Things do tend to take on a life of their own...
Old June 2, 2001, 17:44   #138
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

150 Posts Per Thread
150 Posts Per Thread is still the maximum.

You can set how many posts per page you want in the "control panel"

We already have a character thread- I thought?

Oh well- I'll bump it up, but should I create a seperate
"Character Development" thread?
Old June 2, 2001, 22:52   #139
Sprayber
Emperor

Is Cyber still around? I need to do something with both the cult and Alexandro Demeneras. If he isn't, then I'll go on and do what I am planning. I'll wait a few days though. I really need to get rid of them if he isn't going to use them.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old June 5, 2001, 04:43   #140
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I've seen Cyber show up as online a couple of times in the past few weeks, but I haven't spoken to him and he hasn't spoken to me. Haven't heard from him since (I'm assuming) he got mad at me when I started hinting about trade sanctions...
Old June 5, 2001, 05:02   #141
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Re: 150 Posts Per Thread
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
150 Posts Per Thread is still the maximum.
actually, the limit is now 500
MarkG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2001, 05:13   #142
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Wow!
Does that solve our little "problem" or what?
By the way, I've finished the little story I started yesterday...
(in the main thread...)

Last edited by Guardian; June 5, 2001 at 12:00.
Old June 6, 2001, 05:08   #143
[LordLMP]

not really as we can only go from 30 to 50 posts....can't set it to 40 :P oh well......... 40 posts = 2.5 game months. and the game year is comprise of 10 game months.

-LordLMP
Old June 6, 2001, 11:06   #144
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Well... That certainly is much longer than it used to be- why the change?
the power of an sql database...
MarkG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2001, 12:15   #145
DarkCloud
staff

Well... That certainly is much longer than it used to be- why the change?
Old June 15, 2001, 16:16   #146
Sprayber
Emperor

Are the Gains active now? How about the Cult? Spartans might enjoy watching the cult get kicked around by the believers. Sit back and build for tomorrow.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old June 16, 2001, 06:03   #147
Clear Skies
Prince

The Gaians are active...I think! I'll do my best with them - just finished reading Centauri Dawn which should give me some insights into what their culture is all about.

Is the Believer/Cult war idea alright with everyone? I just thought it was in keeping with SMAC - Miriam does tend to go around declaring war on everyone and everything in sight....
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2001, 09:21   #148
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, it seems somewhat unclear yet what the Peacekeepers will do... if it's just Miriam and the Prophet bashing on each other, we just might stay out of it, but if they start stomping on the Gaians, there will be hell to pay!
Old June 27, 2001, 00:34   #149
DarkCloud
staff

Believer-Cult War
I believe this is okay- but is anyone playing the Believers or the Cult of Planet? (Sorry I was gone... can't keep track of everything) But- truly is anyone playing either country?
Old June 27, 2001, 01:16   #150
Sprayber
Emperor

Sounds like a good idea. The Spartans wouldn't mind helping the believers in some small way, not troops though. The Spartans and Cult are still enemies and I doubt that anything can be done to change that except for fungelboy to be overthrown. Spartans would urge the belivers to refrain from dragging the gians into any war. As far as being active I think the war would be told from the gians perspective since the other two are currently without a full time poster.