Old May 19, 2003, 14:52   #61
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hmmm, the game is password protected, but the password is on the forum (deleted by Googlie). However, if it won't let you DL, I'll email it. Lemme try and DL too, to check.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Googlie; June 1, 2003 at 00:06.
Old May 19, 2003, 14:55   #62
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:22
I can't download either. I guess the only way to make it downloadable for us, is to upload it and link to it like you did last time.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:07   #63
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
well i've sent mark a message about it, we'll see what he has to say.
Old May 19, 2003, 15:20   #64
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Actually, since it is still passworded, I could upload it on the main forum? Or I link it. Which is easier for the future?

Old May 19, 2003, 15:47   #65
Drogue
staff

Have linked in the Turn Report thread. Hope that works.

Old May 19, 2003, 15:57   #66
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

it does. time for a poll, now that i have a screenshot.
Old May 22, 2003, 19:03   #67
Method
Emperor

ok, i think it's time we had some sort of general thread, rec commons-ish. i'd start one, but i think we need a consensus on the name first. Cyber Café, the Rhocreation ComMuns (or Comnicrons) blah, i don't know. i just think we need somewhere to get hammered post general things that don't fit in any particular thread
Old May 22, 2003, 20:40   #68
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:22
Can binary/english translators be different?

For english to binary I'm using:

http://damnit.org/myself/binary/

but it doesn't translate back with:

http://www.plinko.net/binary/toenglish.asp

what gives?

(hence the confusing "googliespeak" in the general thread)

G.
Old May 23, 2003, 00:13   #69
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 20:22
Hm, that would explain it, let me check them out

As for TKG's suggestion, I whole-heartedly agree. For a name, I think something simple, but computer-related would work... like the Network Uplink, or the Network Node (although Comnicrons has a certain ring to it)
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 23, 2003, 00:17   #70
Corellion
Prince

Hmm, Googlie's translator doesn't work. It outputs the wrong number of characters even. Each character that one can type on a standard character is represented by a series of 8 digits, each either a 1 or a zero (hence the 8 bits in a byte). Thus, each character takes up 1 byte. Thus, the number of digits in a binary message should always be a multiple of 8. http://damnit.org/myself/binary , however, gives a non-multiple-of-8 when translating. Everybody just stick to using these two sites... it'll keep things consistent.

http://plinko.net/binary/toenglish.asp
http://plinko.net/binary/tobinary.asp
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old May 23, 2003, 00:35   #71
Corellion
Prince

Sorry to drag this up again, but I still believe we need a new system for encrypting our binary messages. We could use a system that's simpler than our current one, even, but we need to do something about the chance someone will continually delete digits from the beginning until they get a coherent message. We could just do something like insert a single random character after the fourth digit of every message. It's simpler and more foolproof!
Old May 23, 2003, 00:36   #72
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Yeah - I've dumped the damnit site and use the plinko's both ways now (hence my edits in the last two or three general thread posts)

As an aside, I'm assuming the end-of-string matching number of #'s isn't happening

G.
Old May 23, 2003, 06:27   #73
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
We could just do something like insert a single random character after the fourth digit of every message.
How about we insert a number after the fourth digit, but ikf that digit is a 0, we insert another one after it.

Thus Hello which is 0100100001100101011011000110110001101111 uncoded, can be written as either:
01001100001100101011011000110110001101111 (with a 1 inserted after the 4th digit) or
010000100001100101011011000110110001101111 (with a 0, ands thus another character, a 0 in this case) while in code.

Old May 23, 2003, 16:17   #74
Corellion
Prince

Sounds good
Old May 24, 2003, 06:29   #75
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

we have the coding program of cedayon right? or do we put things infront of that code too?....i have been out of it awhile so give me an update
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 24, 2003, 12:26   #76
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

If you use encryptor2, you shouldn't need to put anything special in there, just don't put any line breaks in the input until I fix that part
Old May 26, 2003, 17:36   #77
Corellion
Prince

To bring up Function TK Gamma's suggestion again, should we establish a new thread for off-topic posts, or should we continue to use this?

BTW, we are now the smallest faction! Even the Drones have us outnumbered!
Old May 26, 2003, 18:52   #78
Drogue
staff

We need a drive to recruit. Anyone know of any boards to spam for it?

I say keep this, the name and style (being talk about anything) suits a Rec. Commons already, so I see no reason for a new thread personally. If you wan't I can change the name. WHat would you like it to be called?

Old May 26, 2003, 20:39   #79
Corellion
Prince

It doesn't really matter... I just wanted clarification on whether this thread was the place to post general comments.
Old May 27, 2003, 17:41   #80
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
We need a drive to recruit.
If citizens' lists are not public to other factions, and if you want to spread some serious disinformation, I could apply to the CC with my half dozen or so dormant DL's from my Spartan Chronicles days

I am Googlie (obviously), Rynn, Slats, Paula Forbes, Gayle Storm, The_Progenitors, Goog1ie and Googlie:

I think all my e-mails are valid - certainly the Progs and Rynn are still current

G.

Old May 27, 2003, 17:49   #81
Drogue
staff

Hehe, see what others think. I am always up for disinformation that is for our gain

What do you guys think?

Old May 27, 2003, 18:07   #82
Googlie
Emperor

'Course I got dispensation from MarkG to use them - part of the fiction sequence - dunno how he'd react (if he remembers - or would even notice) so long as these 'alter egos" didn't post

And we couldn't risk posting under these names in the general threads, 'cos a handful would prolly remember the Chronicles

So they'd be dormant - just to boost numbers in the propaganda war

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 18:15   #83
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Thanks for the offer, Googlie, but I'm afraid the member lists are public:

Ours:
http://apolyton.net/forums/memberlis...&civgroupid=33

The Hive's:
http://apolyton.net/forums/memberlis...&civgroupid=34

They're all at the top on the main forum page.
Old May 27, 2003, 18:29   #84
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:22
Quote:
'Course I got dispensation from MarkG to use them - part of the fiction sequence - dunno how he'd react
MarkG is gone for a year.
Old May 27, 2003, 19:17   #85
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
MarkG is gone for a year
Hmmm - he was in the Apolyton.net chat room earlier today
Old May 27, 2003, 19:32   #86
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
Thanks for the offer, Googlie, but I'm afraid the member lists are public:

Hmmm - I could always "test the system" and post (as Rynn) asking which faction I should join - see if anyone recognizes the name (and if they do, then I was just testing the registration/sign-up procedures, as any conscientious CMN should)

Hopefully if they don't I'd be directed to the CC - hence the test, to see if that's what really happens

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 19:58   #87
Method
Emperor

markos is gone for a year, but he can still pop in.

as for my unexplained absence the last few days, i've been having connection problems, and they're still not 100% sorted out. plus i'm leaving thursday morning until late sunday night so i'll be away all the rest of this week pretty much.
Old May 27, 2003, 20:17   #88
Googlie
Emperor

Hmm - the test failed miserably (and I wonder if this is why the supply of "recruits" is dwindling)

It took 33 minutes for Rynn: to be accepted as a member of the ACDG general forums, but upon trying to respond to the "which faction" thread, was repeatedly booted back to log-in.

I didn't try to "join" the CC directly, as the (one of the) objective(s) was to see if others directed me here when I asked which I could join. But I never got that far.

Ah well. Experiment over. Going to settle down and watch the hockey game

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 21:22   #89
Googlie
Emperor

Well, the test is underway - let's see what happens

(I guess at some point the CC should extend an invitation - no?)

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 21:50   #90
Corellion
Prince

Accursed double-post. Does anybody else have apolyton occasionally take 30 minutes to post!?

Last edited by Corellion; May 27, 2003 at 22:07.