Old January 28, 2004, 14:26   #241
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We have moderators to watch on cheaters, right?
With CyCon recruiter in 3D we can expect, many, many more members.
Old January 28, 2004, 16:52   #242
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Well, CyCon is definitely the only faction who doesn't seem to have indoor trouble. Hive members removed or publicly shouting at each other, PUT closed for newcomers, PEACE appearantly losing. I suppose that only leaves the drones as another option, but who wants to toil and toil continually?

And damn, I'm late logging in, all the fun appearantly happened already

Anyway, welcome for Mart, and drinks on me for the first 3 seconds of the Cloudbase Drinking Academy openihg (if the name hasn't changed by then )

Three seconds too short? Remember, with processing power at light speed you can have 900000 consumptions. Get ready to be

And I already see the look in Drogue's eyes ( )

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; January 28, 2004 at 17:00.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:02   #243
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Well, CyCon is definitely the only faction who doesn't seem to have indoor trouble.
Indeed. Some of us sometimes have very heavy arguments, but at least not so heavy that for example we refuse to speak against each other anymore or that it becomes impossible to have a constructive cooperation, as happens in the Hive.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:20   #244
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
With CyCon recruiter in 3D we can expect, many, many more members.
You have profetic insights, Obstructor, I already see 3 new members in mere hours after the download.

Perhaps we've found a new deity ?
Old January 28, 2004, 19:04   #245
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:22
Well done And welcome to Marazin and Briggs Please ask any questions here, or in PM. And feel free to contribute.

The CyCon is rich with new arrivals. IMHO, we no longer need PEACE members, or at least, we can afford to be a little selective

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 28, 2004, 19:15   #246
GeoModder
Deity

WELCOME TO MARAZIN AND BRIGGS, come, join us on the eight floor.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 28, 2004, 21:48   #247
Mazarin
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

thanks for the welcome. Definetly looking forward to engaging in the descussions here
And thanks a lot to Drogue for his summary of current events: that'll make it much easier to get into the game.
Old January 29, 2004, 05:32   #248
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Greetings all new members, I'm Kassad micron-nine codenamed laurentius and I spend much time in the Cycon Chat. You are most welcome to the chat any time. Try it today! Get hooked by tomorrow!

- Paul Valery
Old January 29, 2004, 07:48   #249
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 18:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Greatings from Impaler 4 Squared, and by the way the Chat room Laur is refering too is an MIRC chat room named #cycon betterliving inwhich we frequently have chats. I often send out a PM to everyone I see loged on to get chats going so please activate the "prompt me when I recive a PM" on your profile so that you may be notified imediatly when I send thouse out. Chats are a great way to get filled in on the current situation.

Oh and the game password is "experiment" just incase Drouge forgot to tell ya.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 29, 2004, 08:46   #250
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Yes Thank you for clearing that up Impaler 4^2. In summary the server is apolyton.net, port 6667, channel #cycon, password betterliving. See you there!

- Paul Valery
Old January 29, 2004, 12:31   #251
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Greetings new members!
Old January 29, 2004, 12:33   #252
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

You have profetic insights, Obstructor, I already see 3 new members in mere hours after the download.

Perhaps we've found a new deity ?
Yes, I am a minor deity. You may worship me at 3D Office if you like. But our supreme lord is still Tassadar.

EDIT: I am God of Free Speech and Spam in CyCon. I am however no match for power of Tass, whose disciple I am.
*returns to 3D Offices in chariot pulled by CyberGorillas
Old February 1, 2004, 08:20   #253
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Archaic has applied for CyCon membership. Hopefully Drogue will authorize him soon.
Old February 1, 2004, 09:30   #254
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:22
Our faction sure is growing much larger. And quickly, too.
Old February 1, 2004, 12:00   #255
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Archaic has applied for CyCon membership. Hopefully Drogue will authorize him soon.
So, now we have a puppet faction?

Are you the one now who authorizes access to PUT private forum?

How quickly can the Drones find out about this unification, eg. how quickly will he realize he is actually fighting against the CyCon as well, without technically being at war with the CyCon? Good joke that, talking about hidden diplomaty.
Old February 1, 2004, 14:14   #256
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Hurray for Archaic!
Old February 1, 2004, 16:37   #257
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Has been done. Archaic is now authorised.

Old February 1, 2004, 17:26   #258
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

So, now we have a puppet faction?

Are you the one now who authorizes access to PUT private forum?

How quickly can the Drones find out about this unification, eg. how quickly will he realize he is actually fighting against the CyCon as well, without technically being at war with the CyCon? Good joke that, talking about hidden diplomaty.
Well, if you post about it in 3D, he's pretty sure to know
Old February 1, 2004, 17:28   #259
Maniac

And also since Archaic has no time for it, the CyCon turnplayer will also play the PUT turn I assume, so that will be be noticed soon anyway.
Old February 1, 2004, 19:54   #260
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, no way to hide it for a day extra or so.
Thus, the PUT turn is now played and sended to CyCon? Yes?
No changes can be done anymore.
Can't keep track of when turns have to be sended
Old February 1, 2004, 19:55   #261
Maniac

No no, we're still in the PUT turn. You can download the current midturn in the turn report thread.
Old February 2, 2004, 16:40   #262
GeoModder
Deity

Back to the topic of this thread:

Huuurraaaaah for Archaic and Lynch, welcome.

/me applauses
Old February 2, 2004, 21:35   #263
Drogue
staff

Welcome to all new members. Sorry I have been a little lax with posting here this last week. I have kept my mod duties up, but have had a bit of an emotional week.

Maniac: We could have a different PUT player, if needs be? I presume we share all tech and maps now?

Old February 3, 2004, 17:39   #264
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 18:22
Dose this mean we we dont need to bother posting a save on the turn tracking thread for Uni as we would be sending it to ourselves. Also how will our time limit be affected?? Do we now have 96 hours to play both turns or 48 hours to play each?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 3, 2004, 18:04   #265
Lynch
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Settler

Local Time: 20:22
Could anyone give me a brief description of some current events? Thank you.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:09   #266
Maniac

I think Drogue usually sends some PM with the recent events to new members. I don't know what's written in that PM though, so you'd better ask him.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:25   #267
Drogue
staff

Sorry, forgot that bit! Will try and find it. I might just post it here, for ease

Old February 3, 2004, 19:32   #268
Drogue
staff

Actually, so much has changed with the PUT thing, that I'm only just getting up to date with. If someone else could do a summary it would be much appreciated

Old February 3, 2004, 19:35   #269
Maniac

Ok, but could you please post the summary you used earlier, so we can start from that text and edit it where necessary?
Old February 5, 2004, 12:04   #270
Drogue
staff

This is what was sent to obstructor when he joined. I don't have any later ones, since I ran out of room and deleted them, but Marazin has received one too.

Quote:
Story so far:

Basically, we met PEACE (Pirates) early on, and traded with them, but this soured. We went to war with them in 2150, and have taken their capital and some major bases already (it is 2154 IIRC). We out tech them and out muscle them, so we are pretty assured of victory.
The Hive are the most powerful faction, but have some internal problems. We have a lot of diplomacy with them (we are pacted) but we are not sure of their intentions.
The Drones are pacted with the Hive, and they basically act as one faction ATM. They are Planetary Governor, and are the second most powerful faction. They share an island with the Hive (we have our own)
PUT (university) are doing well, but are opposed to the Drones/Hive alliance. We will Pact them soon, as we are trying to make an alliance that can beat Hive/Drones if they do turn against us.

When we have finished of PEACE (expected in about 2160) we will lead the tech race (just, all factions are very close). All factions are very well developed for the time period (most factions look more like 2180-2200 in size and techs, than 2154 factions).

As for the make up of the CyCon. Towards the end of every month, we hold nominations. We have four positions:
Prime Function, who plays the turn.
Second Function, who fills in for other officials.
Internal Affairs Function, who gives the orders for formers/crawlers/builds and bases.
External Affairs Function, who handles diplomacy and military units.
All terms start on the 1st of each month, and last for that month. ATM I am Prime Function, Maniac is External Affairs Function, Impaler[WRG] is Internal Affairs Function and we are without a Second Function. Other members who contribute are MrWhereItsAt (long time DGer) Laurentius and DeathByTheSword. All major decisions (diplomacy, SE settings, etc) are polled, all decisions are open to discussions.

This is all a little daunting I'm sure, but feel free to ask any questions you wish, either in the "Welcome" thread, or by PM. And feel free to contribute to any discussion. We are very open about our policies. Also, since we are the CyCon, we don't have the "emotional foibles" that stop us from misleading other factions. Thus, while 3D is mostly true, a lot of it is to explain and cover our true meanings.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

- Prime Function Drogue Beta-8