Old July 4, 2003, 03:42   #361
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Editor, PRAVDA

The vicious, evil, capitalistic rumors are false. Well, all evil capitalistic rumors are false, but those surruonding my glourious name are particularly evil and capitalistic.

I, Octavian X, General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, Director of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission, glourious Comrade of the Hive, future Glourious Supreme Emperor of Planet, et. al., am NOT using glourious xenodoughnuts to control the minds of those foolish enough who eat them, and turning them into mindless slaves in my rumored plan to dominate and conquer all Planet and the Universe.

The fact that mindoworm husks are the main ingredient in xenodoughnuts does NOT contribute to any evil, capitalistic, powers of mind control. They do NOT create mindless slaves who will single-mindedly follow my every order in my quest to conquer the universe.

Also, don't forget to eat all 30 xenodoughnuts rationed to you everyday. The General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, ANDDirector of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission all endorse xenodoughnuts as a food that will help you work harders and help you fight off evil capitalists.

~Comrade Octavian X
General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, Director of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission, Comrade of the Human Hive, et. al.
Old July 4, 2003, 03:47   #362
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Heh,

Actually the mindworm references were from the Hive IC story. The escaped mindworms from the operation are now multiplying (my last IC story post). There's going to be a mindworm outbreak.

Kody
Old July 4, 2003, 12:24   #363
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Nah, this stems from my earlier creation of xenodoughnuts.
Old July 5, 2003, 00:59   #364
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I officially announce that the mindworms have nothing to do with Dr. wujiang's experiment, nor do them have anything to do with Comrade Xenodoughnuts. Comrade HongHu neither.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 5, 2003, 01:26   #365
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Shhh nobody is meant to know about the experiment .

Kody
Old July 5, 2003, 07:48   #366
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

But they sure are tasty.
*must eat more ...*
Old July 5, 2003, 09:21   #367
Kody
Emperor

Googlie is our friend!

Recently, googlie took pity on the struggling hive decided to side with the strongest faction. After the Hive leaders showed an amazing amount of incompetance unorthodox thinking in base placement. His use of logical thinking comments have provided the Hive with much needed help confirmation in the administration of the nation.

Last edited by Kody; July 5, 2003 at 09:57.
Old July 5, 2003, 09:24   #368
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
LOL

GGLIE
Old July 5, 2003, 20:19   #369
Kody
Emperor

In other news:

Chairman Voltaire announces he is not dead contrary to popular opinion. Skeptics consider the possibility that the announcement was made by a body double.

Last edited by Kody; July 5, 2003 at 21:35.
Old July 5, 2003, 21:58   #370
Kody
Emperor

A list of possible feature articles for pravda.
Anyone want to write these up?

-------------------------------
$TITLE0 $PLAYER1's Big Book of Recycling Tanks Humor
We Must Consent: 100 Surefire Pick-up Lines of $TITLE0 $PLAYER1
For I Have Tasted The Fungus (Why $TITLE0 $PLAYER1 Can't Blink)
The Cat In The Vat: $TITLE0 $PLAYER1's Sleepchamber Stories
Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Organic Superlubricant (But Were Afraid To Ask)
I'm OK, You're A Drone
Boreholes I Have Known
The Little Terraformer That Could
Are You There, Planet? It's Me, $TITLE0 $PLAYER1
Recon Rovers: Unsafe At Any Speed
How To Raise A Nerve-Stapled Child
Men Are From Chiron, Women Are From Nessus
All I Ever Wanted To Know I Learned in the Cloning Vats
Mindworms in the Mist
Our Biomachinery, Our Selves
Actualizing Your Sentient Being: $TITLE0 $PLAYER1's Self-help Guide for Talents
The Unbearable Lightness of Hovertanks
Sentient Econometrics Made Simple
Lady Deirdre's Lover
Zen and the Art of Missile Rover Maintenance
Transcendence for Dummies
The 27 Habits of Highly Effective Talents
$TITLE0 $PLAYER1's Critique of the Critique of Pure Reason
The Will To Power: A User's Guide
Stairway to Transcendence: The Last Book You'll Ever Read

Last edited by Kody; July 13, 2003 at 10:04.
Old July 6, 2003, 01:20   #371
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Shhh nobody is meant to know about the experiment .

Kody
I officially announce that there is no experiment on anything whatsoever.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 6, 2003, 07:19   #372
Vev
King

Rumors of experiments are lies by jealous factions wishing to undermine our productive and efficient government.
Old July 9, 2003, 10:28   #373
Vev
King

Editor: Jenkins! When is the next Pravda ready?

Jenkins: There is a slight delay

E: What do mean delays? *stares*

J: Our writers have stopped working

E: WHAT?! I've paid them good credits and xenodoughnuts and all I've good are some lazy and useless fleshbags who refuses to work. Why aren't you getting them back to work Jenkins!

J: *sweating* *pauses* Sir ... because they are striking ...?

E: SONS OF MIRIAM! I knew there was something fishy about those shifty, stinking, no-good scum, the moment I've laid eyes on them. Jenkins, this is the Hive and we do not stand for slackness of any kind, especially organised ones. Call in the strikebreakers, I want a new batch of young, well-broken, euthusiatic journalists, NOW!

J: Yes sir.
Old July 9, 2003, 11:11   #374
Vev
King

Hive Advertisement

For a limited time only, Claire Forlani is performing live for a good will tour all over. It is time to spend all those hard earned credit points and see Claire's new mesmerising performance. Hurry, get your tickets in before they all sell out.
Old July 9, 2003, 20:40   #375
Kody
Emperor

Faster than a stationary bullet, stronger than the CyCon bunnies, it's the new improved MutantBunnies. After the hive made the discovery of bunnies around their home base they took them and modified their DNA making them stronger more vicious and large enough to be made an all terrain transport.

This has generally improved bouncing time between bases and hence improved colony growth. The main problem is the inexplicable number of saddle sores. Scientists are currently working on making the bunnies glide rather than hop.
Old July 9, 2003, 20:40   #376
Kody
Emperor

Jamski was found recently. It appears his wife had kidnapped him and is currently deciding on which colour the house will be painted in. Jamski is performing slave labour in his own personal hell where he repaints the house in a different colour every time he finishes. There have been so many layers of paint that there were curves rather than corners in his house.

An rescue attempt was made however the rescue team appears to now be gardening for Mrs Jamski. In the face of overwhelming force the hive has decided to leave Jamski to his fate and hopes that Mrs Jamski will release him sometime in the future.
Old July 9, 2003, 21:26   #377
Kody
Emperor

Poll: What is a good base name (drawn from faction files)
Fisher of women
seat of inproper thought
Morgan Secret Hollow
Terrible Swift Impaler
Terriably swift Seed
Chiron Preserve, Drilling Grounds
Virgin Soiler
Claire Forlani's Hole of Aspiration
Gaia's Deep Passages
Trojan Ferret
Forbidden Sailor's Delight
Virgin Dry Dock
Sailor Warning, Childhood's End
Claire Forlani's Halls of Discipline
Hammer and Tongs, Terror & Delight
Old July 9, 2003, 21:38   #378
Vev
King

That's a bit much double entendre there, not that I don't mind.
Old July 9, 2003, 22:10   #379
Kody
Emperor

The Little Terraformer That Could

Once upon a time there was a little terraformer.

This little terraformer couldn't do anything right.

He tried to raise land. But he was too weak to move the all the soil.

He tried to make a farm. But there was a fungal bloom.

He tried to plant a forest. But an sporelauncher bombarded it.

He tried to plant a fungus. But forest grew in the square.

The little terraformer was very sad. He went to a distant base and cried.

Then a scout came running up to the little terraformer. "A planet buster is coming a planet buster is coming!"

All the other terraformers formed an line to protect the SSC as there was no time to move all the units away thus using the empty base tatic. The governer had made the fatal mistake of not regularly checking the productions of the enemy. The planet buster was only a fusion missle and hence could only go 16 squares. So by forming a line and forcing the planet buster to go around it would require 17 squares to reach the SCC. It wouldn't have enough reach to destory the main city.

But there weren't enough units to make the line long enough.

"Quick little terraformer! Come fill in this line."

The little terraformer was very happy as it could!

When the planet buster came, it didn't make it to the SCC so it blew up the line of units instead.

The little pieces of the little terraformer were very happy. It finally could!

The End.
Old July 9, 2003, 22:17   #380
Kody
Emperor

COMRADES!
WE GREET EACH DAY WITH THE TRUTH!

Lenin's Birthday Edition of the Russian Newspaper "Pravda" which means "The Truth"

Welcome comrades to this, the glorious 11th edition of PRAVDA - the official newsletter of the Human Hive.....

.....All hail to the glorious Chairman Voltaire and the members of the Peoples' advisory council!

In This Issue :
  • A Special Report
  • Letter to the Editor
  • Official Announcement
  • Googlie is our friend!
  • What you get when you have good video surveillance
  • Classified Tapes
  • The Nerve Stapler
  • Hive Advertisement
  • Mutant Bunnies
  • Operation Jamski Failure
  • The Little Terraformer That Could - By Comrade Kody

===================================
A Special Report

There have been reports of soldiers going missing in sector N589. It is suspected that mindworms have managed to make their way into the Hive. While no bodies have been found, shed mindworm skins have been found in the sewers below sector N589. Rokossovky has issued flame throwers to all soldiers patrolling that sector and issued a warning to all citizens to travel in groups of at least three.

Comrade Wujiang in charge of the maintance in sector N589 claims that the mindworms are likely an act of terrorism designed to further delay the maintance in that sector. When asked whether mindworm reports are fabrications designed to justify the delays with the maintance. He denied it as nonsense.

(article by Kody)
Letter to the Editor

Editor, PRAVDA

The vicious, evil, capitalistic rumours are false. Well, all evil capitalistic rumours are false, but those surrounding my glorious name are particularly evil and capitalistic.

I, Octavian X, General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, Director of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission, glorious Comrade of the Hive, future Glorious Supreme Emperor of Planet, et. al., am NOT using glorious xenodoughnuts to control the minds of those foolish enough who eat them, and turning them into mindless slaves in my rumoured plan to dominate and conquer all Planet and the Universe.

The fact that mindworm husks are the main ingredient in xenodoughnuts does NOT contribute to any evil, capitalistic, powers of mind control. They do NOT create mindless slaves who will single-mindedly follow my every order in my quest to conquer the universe.

Also, don't forget to eat all 30 xenodoughnuts rationed to you everyday. The General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, ANDDirector of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission all endorse xenodoughnuts as a food that will help you work harders and help you fight off evil capitalists.

~Comrade Octavian X
General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, President of the Presidium of Prefectures, Director of Joint Communications for the Central Military Commission, Comrade of the Human Hive, et. al.

(Comrade Octavian X)
Official Announcement

At an address to the public Comrade HongHu made an official announcement on the mindworm experiment rumors.

"I officially announce that the mindworms have nothing to do with Dr. wujiang's experiment, nor do them have anything to do with Comrade Xenodoughnuts. Comrade HongHu neither."

Comrade Vev also added, "Rumors of experiments are lies by jealous factions wishing to undermine our productive and efficient government."

(article by Kody)
Googlie is our friend!

Recently, Googlie took pity on the struggling hive decided to side with the strongest faction. After the Hive leaders showed an amazing amount of incompetence unorthodox thinking in base placement. His use of logical thinking comments have provided the Hive with much needed help confirmation in the administration of the nation.

(article by Kody)
What you get when you have good video surveillance.

Editor: Jenkins! Will be the next Perestroika be ready?

Jenkins: There is a slight delay

E: What do mean delays? *stares*

J: Our writers have stopped working

E: WHAT?! I've paid them good credits and xenodoughnuts and all I've good are some lazy and useless fleshbags who refuses to work. Why aren't you getting them back to work Jenkins!

J: *sweating* *pauses* Sir ... because they are striking ...?

E: SONS OF MIRIAM! I knew there was something fishy about those shifty, stinking, no-good scum, the moment I've laid eyes on them. Jenkins, this is the Hive and we do not stand for slackness of any kind, especially organised ones. Call in the strikebreakers, I want a new batch of young, well-broken, enthusiastic journalists, NOW!

J: Yes sir.

(article by Vev)
Classified Tapes

Interview with Comrade Vev, by Johan Strauss

JS: Good evening comrade Vev, pleasure to meet you.

V: Please dispense with the pleasentries.

JS: You are a man of influence within the party, but the public hardly gets to see you, let alone know you. So what drives a man like you to work everyday for the Hive?

V: The Hive is my life, and that is all the public needs to know. What drives me? To see glory for the Hive.

JS: Besides making the Hive a powerhouse, what do you do in your spare time.

V: I am always at my work.

JS: Is it true that during your mysteriously disappearance for 14 years, you worked as a foreign agent?

V: I will not discuss such matters.

JS: Is it also true that fatal collision of the other fateful Unity escape pods was no accident?

V: You are testing my patience

JS: Do you not have anything you wish to share to the people of the Hive?

V: Trust in the Hive, work hard and be fruitful.

JS: Thank you Comrade Vev

V: This interview is over

JS: *turns off recorder*
You didn't give me much to work on.

V: That is your problem

JS: You know this story won't attract readers.

V: You have broken our agreement about how this interview is conducted

JS: What?

V: Only one recorder is allowed. Please stop denying it and making it worse for yourself.

JS: I don't get it

V: Of course not. So you want to be famous? I can make you famous.

JS: I don't follow

V: You will appear on tonight's evening news mourned by millions, died a heroic death. The Hive have no room for spies or traitors. Take him away.

(article by vev)
The nerve stapler

(Comic by Vev)
Hive Advertisement

Are you lonely? Bored? Claire Forlani escort services is performing live for a good will tour all over. It is time to spend all those hard earned credit points and see Claire's new mesmerising performance. Hurry, get your tickets in before they all sell out.

(advertisement from Vev Enterprises)

Mutant Bunnies

Faster than a stationary bullet, stronger than the CyCon bunnies, it's the new improved MutantBunnies. After the hive made the discovery of bunnies around their home base they took them and modified their DNA making them stronger more vicious and large enough to be made an all terrain transport.

This has generally improved bouncing time between bases and hence improved colony growth. The main problem is the inexplicable number of saddle sores. Scientists are currently working on making the bunnies glide rather than hop.

(article by Kody)
Operation Jamski Failure

Jamski was found recently. It appears his wife had kidnapped him and is currently deciding on which colour the house will be painted in. Jamski is performing slave labour in his own personal hell where he repaints the house in a different colour every time he finishes. There have been so many layers of paint that there were curves rather than corners in his house.

An rescue attempt was made however the rescue team appears to now be gardening for Mrs Jamski. In the face of overwhelming force the hive has decided to leave Jamski to his fate and hopes that Mrs Jamski will release him sometime in the future.

(article by Kody)
The Little Terraformer That Could - By Comrade Kody

Once upon a time there was a little terraformer.

This little terraformer couldn't do anything right.

He tried to raise land. But he was too weak to move the all the soil.

He tried to make a farm. But there was a fungal bloom.

He tried to plant a forest. But a sporelauncher bombarded it.

He tried to plant a fungus. But forest grew in the square.

The little terraformer was very sad. He went to a distant base and cried.

Then a scout came running up to the little terraformer. "A planet buster is coming a planet buster is coming!"

All the other terraformers formed an line to protect the SSC as there was no time to move all the units away thus using the empty base tactic. The governor had made the fatal mistake of not regularly checking the productions of the enemy. The planet buster was only a fusion missile and hence could only go 16 squares. So by forming a line and forcing the planet buster to go around it would require 17 squares to reach the SCC. It wouldn't have enough reach to destroy the main city.

But there weren't enough units to make the line long enough.

"Quick little terraformer! Come fill in this line."

The little terraformer was very happy as it could!

When the planet buster came, it didn't make it to the SCC so it blew up the line of units instead.

The little pieces of the little terraformer were very happy. It finally could!

The End.

(story by Kody)
In other news :
  • Poetry Contest was a complete flop as nobody seemed to read the other news section last issue.
  • Hrmm I wonder what I can get away with here.....
  • Chairman Voltaire announces he is not dead contrary to popular opinion. Skeptics consider the possibility that the announcement was made by a body double.
  • Chairman Kody announces he is taking over leadership of the Hive.

Onwards Comrades - the Future of Humanity lies in Cooperation, Brotherhood and Industry - Continue to Work for the Glory of the Human Hive

Random Job Person - Comrade Kody

Last edited by Kody; July 9, 2003 at 22:48.
Old July 9, 2003, 22:45   #381
Vev
King

Classified Tapes

Interview with Comrade Vev, by Johan Strauss

JS: Good evening comrade Vev, pleasure to meet you.

V: Please dispense with the pleasentries.

JS: You are a man of influence within the party, but the public hardly gets to see you, let alone know you. So what drives a man like you to work everyday for the Hive?

V: The Hive is my life, and that is all the public needs to know. What drives me? To see glory for the Hive.

JS: Besides making the Hive a powerhouse, what do you do in your spare time.

V: I am always at my work.

JS: Is it true that during your mysteriously disappearance for 14 years, you worked as a foreign agent?

V: I will not discuss such matters.

JS: Is it also true that fatal collision of the other fateful Unity escape pods was no accident?

V: You are testing my patience

JS: Do you not have anything you wish to share to the people of the Hive?

V: Trust in the Hive, work hard and be fruitful.

JS: Thank you Comrade Vev

V: This interview is over

JS: *turns off recorder*
You didn't give me much to work on.

V: That is your problem

JS: You know this story won't attract readers.

V: You have broken our agreement about how this interview is conducted

JS: What?

V: Only one recorder is allowed. Please stop denying it and making it worse for yourself.

JS: I don't get it

V: Of course not. So you want to be famous? I can make you famous.

JS: I don't follow

V: You will appear on tonight's evening news mourned by millions, died a heroic death. The Hive have no room for spies or traitors. Take him away.
Old July 9, 2003, 22:50   #382
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:

It is the best thing to reveal in Pravda.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 9, 2003, 22:55   #383
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody [*] Chairman Kody announces he is taking over leadership of the Hive.
Random Job Person - Comrade Kody

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 10, 2003, 01:40   #384
Vev
King

Too much power can get to some people
Old July 10, 2003, 09:33   #385
Snowflake
Princess

Well said, Comrade!

I thought it was too much work that had done it, and now you enlightened me...

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 10, 2003, 09:42   #386
Kody
Emperor

Old July 10, 2003, 09:46   #387
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
I'm sure that it was not too much power, Comrade Vev. And it hadn't get to anybody either.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 10, 2003, 09:49   #388
Snowflake
Princess

I just realized that the establishment of Government Clarification Act and Great Man Act was not included in Pravda. We should not deprive the opportunity for people in other factions to learn this important news. Maybe it can be included in other news for the next issue.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 10, 2003, 21:29   #389
Vev
King

That coup detat was meant to be secret.
Old July 13, 2003, 10:00   #390
Kody
Emperor

Boreholes I Have Known

There are two kinds of boreholes in the world. Both, with their presence increases temperatures to uncomfortable levels in the surrounding area, are outlets that releases energy and help produce important things.

Now the only real difference between the two types of borehole are size, and difficultly to get into. The first kind is very large and easy to get in while the later is the opposite. The former type of borehole you can throw yourself in without anyone caring. The later kind requires a certain amount of sweet talking. Unless you're a geologist the later is infinitely more satisfying to explore.

My first encounter with boreholes was when I was twelve on a scientific tour to The Borehole Cluster run by the University. It was organised to assist victims of the mindworm attacks near University Base. The Borehole Cluster has three boreholes. These boreholes were apparently built by an alien spacefaring race that have long departed this world. Boreholes are shafts that are drilled all the way down through the planet's crust releasing the energy from the magma below. They also have the added benefit of collecting mineral deposits on their sides. Of all the boreholes in the world these were the original and their discovery prompted many man made equivalents. However the many made man boreholes are often lined with rock and dirt, whereas those at the borehole cluster are a feat of delicate engineering with elements not found anywhere on the planet's crust.

The tour took us down several hundred feet into the borehole and was at that point the most exciting time in my life. My classmates and I came back sweaty and exhausted from exploring the depths of the borehole, however in exceedingly high spirits boasting of how deep we went.

My first encounter with the other kind of borehole was during the return trip from the tour. The pirates that were managing the transport stopped off at their home base Tripoli, where there are many loose boreholes. Needless to say the experience was wonderful and could be described like my first experience of The Borehole Cluster, minus the several dozen classmates. This discovery replaced the university tour as the most exciting time of my life even though it meant detention for half a year. I won’t go into details, but a good borehole is like a fine wine. No two are alike.