Old July 13, 2003, 10:06   #391
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nerve Stapling - How to obtain it for free and its benefits

When I first joined the Hive I was rather wary of nerve stapling. However, after receiving nerve staples for talking out of turn, making a joke, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, refusing to take the job of writing Pravda, forgetting to smile, leaking top secret information, impersonating the chairman, attempting to take over the chairman's position, being cheeky, saying yes when asked if it made her look fat, questioning the logic behind communism and walking past a kid holding a nerve stapler. I discovered that nerve stapling is highly addictive.

Nerve stapling if done in the correct way can release a large number of endorphins. This makes you very happy and you see lots of strange and interesting things while under the effect of nerve stapling. My friend the yellow plastic elephant agrees. Nerve stapling also causes loss of appetite great for people watching their weight, and in a recent survey it was found that 9 out of 10 married couples want their partners nerve stapled. So it can be deduced that nerve stapling is a powerful aphrodisiac.

Now the best way to get frequent nerve staples is in NER101. A primary school course being run, that teaches kids how to nerve staple effectively. They’re always looking for volunteers. On the down side the kids are a bit rough and god help you if they get it into their head to staple the wrong place. I wasn’t able to sit quite right for a few days.

The best people for nerve stapling are the officials. Now these are generally harder to get appointment with, but I have found you get special treatment if you say Claire is more beautiful than HongHu, or you mention that the army is sloppy in front of Rokossovky and you can get first place in the waiting list if you shout “Communism Sucks!” in front of Voltaire.

Anyway to sum up, nerve stapling is freely available drug that doesn’t carry any fines or imprisonment for usage. Why not take advantage of the system.

Last edited by Kody; July 14, 2003 at 08:00.
Old July 15, 2003, 20:25   #392
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Jamski & The Sistine Chapel

It took Michaelangelo 24 years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is now Jamski duplicating that work!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could someone complete this article?
Pravda every 10 days should be our goal I think.

Kody
Old July 16, 2003, 02:12   #393
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Tour of a Hive City: Central Shaft

The caverns of the Hive is an interesting place to explore. Of note, is the central shaft that is the main channel to transport in or out bulky material manufactured within the bowels of the city. While the central shaft poses a security risk, the Hive have taken all steps to ensure that the structural integrity are uncompromised and its defensive capabilities formidable. High grade plasteel will seal the entry bay and various section of the central shaft within a minute. But during times of peace, various crops, ore and other raw materials are crawled in by huge vehicles unloading their cargo to be processed by the diligent hive workers. At times of war, ranks of rovers and hovertanks can be quickly assembled and delivered via the central shaft.

There are many other smaller entry points and ventilation vents found throughout the vast subterranean metropolis. While not as grand as the central shaft, the role they serve is just as important and security is just as stringent. The smaller access points help distribute the traffic load coming in and out of the city and also provide convenient local access (or exits) for workers tilling the land above or scouts to quickly deploy and combat the ever-present mindworms. Some of the access points are well hidden for reasons relating to security matters.

From Kostya's: I lived in The Hive and survived to tell the tale

Last edited by Vev; July 17, 2003 at 01:00.
Old July 16, 2003, 22:47   #394
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Built between 1805 and 1813, in the time of Napoleon I of France, the Jamski Residence is rectangular in shape and measures 20.93 meters long by 11.41 meters wide. It is 10.70 meters high and is roofed by a flattened barrel vault, with little side vaults over the centered windows.

On June 20, 2003, Jamski arrived in Schwabia to appear before Mrs. Jamski. Only 33 at the time, Jamski thought the Mrs. was summoning him to tell him to continue with the packing of the PC, a task which he secretly turned into Poly posting. But the Mrs. didn't want to talk about that project - she had a new one in mind for Jamski - a huge painting for the ceiling of the Jamski Residence.

Then the arguments started. Jamski didn't want the project because he knew it was an impossible task and one that would require him to forgo his true love, Poly posting. Eventually, the Mrs. wore him down and he gave in.

But you have to realize that this was a huge undertaking. The first thing that Jamski had to confront was how to finish the task in the shortest time. The Mrs. brought in the biggest roller one could find in the shop to solve the problem. When Jamski saw it, he was convinced that she was trying to discredit him in the eyes of his fellow Poly posters because he knew that a 18 inch roller gets pretty heavy pretty fast and when his arms started to cramp up he would not be posting effectively. So Jamski put down the Mrs.’ huge roller and made plans for his own. Finally, Jamski was ready to paint.

But it wasn't going to be so easy. Jamski decided to paint the ceiling white since it was white previously. He continued to work on the ceiling with only himself as the worker to carry materials and equipment up the ladders. He had one more major set back before the work would progress. The first section he completed did not pass the Mrs.‘ inspection from the floor below. He had forgotten that the Mrs. had a sharp vision even from a distance of fifteen feet. So Jamski had to start again. Then our deputy chairman got into the everyday routine that would proceed for the next forty days.

-Each morning, Jamski would take out the paint, adding the appropriate amount of water, then stir really well.
-Next, the ladder was secured in place and roller was grasped tightly in hand.
-Before the paint started to drip, Jamski would climb up the ladder and apply the white color to the ceiling. The area would then be repainted to meet the Mrs.’ inspection.
The ceiling of Jamski Residence was expected to be unveiled on July 30, 2003, and the whole world would come running to see what Jamski had done; and certainly it was such to make everyone speechless with astonishment. Just as you are now.

Michelangelo Paints the Ceiling
(translated from the Italian)
A goiter it seems I got from this backward craning
like the cats get there in Lombardy, or wherever
--bad water, they say, from lapping their fetid river.
My belly, tugged under my chin, 's all out of whack.
Beard points like a finger at heaven. Near the back
of my neck, skull scrapes where a hunchback's hump would be.
I'm pigeon-breasted, a harpy! Face dribbled--see?--
like a Byzantine floor, mosaic. From all this straining
my guts and my hambones tangle, pretty near.
Thank God I can swivel my buttocks round for ballast.
Feet are out of sight; they just scuffle round, erratic.
Up front my hide's tight elastic; in the rear
it's slack and droopy, except where crimps have callused.
I'm bent like a bow, half-round, type Asiatic.
Not odd that what's on my mind,
when expressed, comes out weird, jumbled. Don't berate;
no gun with its barrel screwy can shoot straight.
Giovanni, come agitate
for my pride, my poor dead art! I don't belong!
Who's a painter? Me? No way! They've got me wrong.
~John Frederick Nims

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 16, 2003, 23:04   #395
Kody
Emperor

HongHu,

Thanks, and good work

Kody
Old July 17, 2003, 00:18   #396
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 01:24
Which Purity Level is Best For You

PERESTROIKA
OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY THE HUMAN HIVE
FOR RELEASE IN PRAVDA - IN THE HUMAN HIVE, THE TRUTH OWNS YOU!
Written by Tassadar, with special help from Doctor Yosef Stalina

Greetings. I'd like to introduce myself to all Comrades of the world before I begin my article. I am Doctor Yosef Stalina, Personal Trainer and Physician of the Human Hive Hospital. I have a LeD (Doctor of Lenin) in Psychology, Nerve Stapling, and Medicine.
As many Comrades have suggested, Nerve Stapling is a very effective way to lose weight, to become re-educated, and even to just have some fun. But what many of our Comrades do not realize is that we musn't go too high or too low of a purity level, lest we break our bones and not be able to lift those glorious boxes for the Chairman
Therefore, I have written this guide It shall help all Comrades get the help they seek when choosing the right purity level of your Nerve Staple (You can find it at your local "Vevs Nerve Stapler" or can call an official to help you).
LEVEL 10 NERVE STAPLE - This level of Nerve Staple has a 10/10 impurity ratio, as in ten parts impurity for every 10 parts. This level can produce some symptoms such as dizziness and tremors. Nothing too serious. It is recommended that only women ages 5-10 use this, or those whom have been diagnosed with a weak immune system, as it is very weak.
LEVEL 9 NERVE STAPLE - This level of Nerve Staple has a 9/10 impurity ratio. This produces the same symptoms as above, but is made for boys ages 5-10.
LEVEL 8 NERVE STAPLE - This is the generic nerve staple for most people. It has an 8/10 impurity ratio, and can produce Vomiting, Tremors, Dizziness, Loss of Appetite, Hallucations, and Insomnia. It is mainly used by those with normal immune systems, women and men ages 10-25. Because of it's loss of appetite and insomnia symptoms, its a great research partner for when your learning about Looniversity Atrocities commited every day!
LEVEL 7 NERVE STPLAE - This is a much more potent version of the Level 8 Nerve Staple. It has a 7/10 ratio, And is mainly for those whom are 30-50. It produces the exact same symptoms as outlined above, except they are all much stronger. Great for parties!
LEVEL 6 NERVE STAPLE - This nerve staple is highly refined, and is for serious nerve-stapler-body-builders only. It produces Major Hallucinations, Seering Pain at Injection Site, Toxic Gases which cause muscles to slightly twitch, major loss of appetite, major vomiting, etc etc...
LEVEL 5 NERVE STAPLE - With a fifty percent grade, it gets all the more dangerous (but rewarding!) here! Those whom are finding that they are used to Level 6 can move up to Level 5, or 5/10 ratio. This one causes everything listed above, however it also has the ability to grow inside the body by about .3 percent uncontrollably. If a person took this without any immunity to nerve staple, they would die.
LEVEL 4 NERVE STAPLE - Getting even more potent, a 4/10 produces the same symptoms as above, however it has a .5 growth rate.
LEVEL 3 NERVE STAPLE - The first of the "Big Three", this is DEFINATELY for experienced nervestaplebodybuilders only and can only be obtained when certified by a doctor! This causes the usual plus a Minor Psychotic Breakdown, Sensations of Capitalists being all around you, and has a .8 growth rate. Muscles that come in contact with this level of nerve staple will twitch uncontrollably and violently. However, this nerve staple has traces of calcium which pretent the bones from breaking. Yay!
LEVEL 2 NERVE STAPLE - The third most dangerous nerve staple on Planet, this 2/10 ratio has a 1.5 growth rate, causes a Major Psychotic Breakdown, along with the above symptoms. As well as this, at the site of injection the skin begins to develop a major infection.
LEVEL 1 NERVE STAPLE - The second most dangerous nerve staple on Planet, this has a 1/10 ratio and a 2.9 growth rate. It causes all symptoms outlined above.
LEVEL 0 NERVE STAPLE - PURE Nerve Staple, this is the most dangerous nerve staple developed. Has a 30.5 growth rate, causes a Complete Psychotic Breakdown, Major tearing of the limbs due to exessive uncontrollable shaking, partial paralysis of the Lower Body, and Minor Schizophrenia. Only daredevils will ever use this one!
Anything above Level 7 is generally not recommended, especially for the young (0-10) or the elderly (50+). However, all glorious Comrades should be able to tolerate at least up to Level 6.

In my next segment, I am going to talk about to kill the Chairman and conquer the...Hey.....What the...Get off me! ALL COMRADES MUST HEAR....AH......AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Please note that the above article is not written by Tassadar or any Perestroika or Pravda staff and has not been approved by the Hive Department of Health.
Old July 17, 2003, 00:38   #397
Kody
Emperor

Hehehehe,

Thanks Tassadar, I'll stick it in.

Kody
Old July 17, 2003, 00:53   #398
Vev
King

Tour of the Hive City: Room 103

In all of my experiences in the city, I have only heard rumours and legends of the elusive room 103. While I gathered I am fortunate never to have been there, the mystery remains nagging in the back of my mind. Why is it so vague and why does hardly another talk about it. I soon quickly learnt not to ask this question directly, people will immediately lower their gaze, apologise and leave immediately. I also found out that trying to grab them to ask for more information does not help either. The incident where I nearly caught the attention of the Crimson guard with this stunt had taught me to be more subtle in dealing with this taboo subject.

Though there were many false starts and leads, I almost met a visitor of Room 103. I had managed to stumble across his existence and background through various means and by correspondence, set a meeting time for discussion. Unfortunately, he never arrived and I cannot blame him, although I was still left in this tantalising situation. As far as I could gather, Room 103 provides “Enlightenment” to its various visitors. What that means, I could only speculate. Maybe this is one mystery I better off not knowing.*

From Kostya's: I lived in The Hive and survived to tell the tale

*Editor's Note: Visitor records of Room 103 does include the Kostya who authored this book. The reason why he denied visiting Room 103 remains unclear. Most likey he had either been reformed by the procedures in Room 103 or he is repressing memories experienced there and is living in denial.

Last edited by Vev; July 18, 2003 at 00:49.
Old July 17, 2003, 00:54   #399
Kody
Emperor

Classified Ads
Opening night to the Comrade Claire Beauty Pagent. Entry
fee 10 ECs. Freecall 343052356.
chassis. Meet behind Crazy Zack's bar 9:00pm 26th April.
Come Alone.
Old July 17, 2003, 01:57   #400
Kody
Emperor

Cartoon by Comrade Schulz (edited by Kody)

Old July 17, 2003, 02:39   #401
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

JOKE OF THE DAY: The Looniversity walks into a bar. Hahahaha!!!!
Old July 17, 2003, 02:54   #402
Vev
King

A Drone, a Looniversity and a Hive was captured by the Believers.

Miriam arrives and says,
"For punishment each of you will receive 1000 lashes. But since I am feeling charitable today, I may grant you any item to help absorb the lashes."

The Drone says, "I will have a padded cushion please."

Miriam nodded, "Okay, one cushion for you."

The Looniversity says, "I will have two padded cushions please."

Miriam too nodded, "Done, now what about you?"

The Hive thought for a moment before saying, "I want that Looniversity prisoner."
Old July 17, 2003, 05:56   #403
Kody
Emperor

The Nature of Societies

Every single human is divided by the need to protect the interests of the individual and the need to protect the interests of the group. Nash's bargaining theories of bargaining equilibrium and governing dynamics says, “The maximum benefit to a group can be realized if each individual works for his own benefit and the group's”. This is simple enough, but do the interests of the group and the individual always coincide.

At first glance evolution will favour those that look after their own interests. To sacrifice your self for the greater good is a biological dead end. However, it would seem that there are humans that are still willing to do this, even though evolution should have seen the end for such people. Looking deeper it can be realised that humans’ greatest advantage over other creatures, after our intelligence, is our ability to form groups that are capable of achievements that are beyond the reach of any single person. Without the willing of self sacrifice to contribute to something greater than the individual the group will lack the cohesion to stay together. If group is dissolved it cannot protect the individuals, and the individuals will often be vulnerable to other groups that have not suffered dissolution.

This means a fine balance should be maintained between the interests of individuals and the group as a whole. Humans will always seek to advantage themselves. However, the unfettered pursuit for that advantage can destroy the very structures that are being used to obtain the advantages, thus resulting in the very opposite effect.

Kody
Old July 17, 2003, 23:50   #404
Kody
Emperor

I've been informed that some people assume all the pravda articles are posted here first.

Some of the ones I write go directly into Pravda. Also I sometimes make minor adjustments to the one that are released in Pravda if I think there's something I could put in to make the article more funny or flow better.

Kody
Old July 17, 2003, 23:51   #405
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
A Drone, a Looniversity and a Hive was captured by the Believers.

Miriam arrives and says,
"For punishment each of you will receive 1000 lashes. But since I am feeling charitable today, I may grant you any item to help absorb the lashes."

The Drone says, "I will have a padded cushion please."

Miriam nodded, "Okay, one cushion for you."

The Looniversity says, "I will have two padded cushions please."

Miriam too nodded, "Done, now what about you?"

The Hive thought for a moment before saying, "I want that Looniversity prisoner."
Old July 18, 2003, 00:24   #406
Vev
King

Tour of the Hive: Natural Parks

It has been generally regarded by outsiders, that living in the Hive is all work and no play. Well, that misconception is about to be put to rest. There is a world outside of the subterranean Hive industry monstrosity so often envisaged as an army of Lilliputs feeding the ever-hungry, cave-dwelling, fire-breathing, smoke-belching beast. Now others too can understand the finer joys of life that the people of the Hive have been experiencing for a long time. (No, it does not solely involve Claire Forlani).

Unlike other factions the beauty of the natural environment is well preserved around the Hive city. Okay the Gaians may have lots and lots of big tall trees and many ceremonies to do with more trees and host of small furry animals that live in trees and various by-products of trees that can make useful pharmaceutical products and countless other things to do with trees and not to mention fungus too. Or the Cult of the Planet who worships the planets and have pet mindworms and fungus farms to cultivate interesting spores and generally enjoys the pervasive pink fungus that is found all too often on the surface of the planet. What the Hive does have instead is (no, not tacky themeparks based on obscure TV-series spinoffs such as the “Charlie’s Nervestapling Angels”) aesthetically pleasing and highly practical landscaping and horticulture.

All this work is not without pain and sacrifice (in some cases quite literally). These works of natural wonders are contribution of countless hours by a horde of volunteers. In life it is often useful to become multi-skilled, and this is apparent when we are dealing with such a small population base. Learning to deal with the land can be beneficial. The well-disciplined ranks of the Red Army have learnt the art of ground decoration (occasionally with items more volatile than a path-lamp), rock placement (concrete can be substituted), landscaping (digging lots of holes and earthmoving), tree planting (concrete too can be substituted here) and flower arrangement (the killer inside can have a gentle side too). The glorious workers too learn many valuable skills such as digging, more digging and discovering what items found in the recycling tanks makes good fertiliser.

From Kostya's : I lived in the Hive and survived to tell the tale

Last edited by Vev; July 23, 2003 at 00:11.
Old July 19, 2003, 08:52   #407
Vev
King

I know I can
I think they cannot.
But it matters not
As they are too late.

Now they shall know,
Now they shall hear
The wind that drifts
Across the listless sea.

Hark with me,
For all shall be undone
From foundations
To the heavens.

Time be done,
Thy beauty transcend
Let fate guide thee
To thy glorious destiny

Rejoice my friends
Wonderous time it be.
In time to come
For we shall prevail.

Diaries of a scientist on the Unbegrenztheit Project
Old July 19, 2003, 19:55   #408
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Hive Government - How does it work?

We all know that the people of The Hive hold all political power, and they they excercise that power through the Central Continuing Committee and it's various organs.

But how does this system work? For today, we'll take a tutorial on something simple, changing base production.

Let's say the People's Minister of Industry and Development thinks that his glourious comrades at Base ABC should switch their efforts from a colony pod to a former.

Several forms would need to be filled: One with the local base prefect, a few with the People's Minister of Information, three with the People's Commissar of Infrastructure, and one with Sen. Hillary Clinton (to this day, no one knows why). The base prefect will promply reject the proposal and shred the several volumnes-long form, calling his priorities more important. The Ministry of Information will, after a five month delay, misinterpret the request and issue a news release informing Sen. Clinton that the Hive has declared war on France. The Commissar of Infrastructre will promptly agree with the request, mainly because he's the underling of the People's Minister of Industry and Development and would be shot if he disagreed (this is mainly a confidence-boosting measure). The form for Sen. Clinton will be lost the moment it is sent to her.

The Commissioner of Foreign Relations will hear the request, and, just to impress somebody, will tell the People's Minister of Industry and Development that he will help get the production changed. However, the Commissioner will do nothing, but brag to somebody claiming that he did.

The secretive Central Military Commision will reveal that it still wants a colony pod in Base ABC, and will then have People's Minister of Industry and Development shot for disagreeing with them. The base prefect will be shot because no one on the Central Military Commision likes that prefect, and the People's Minister of Scientific Knowledge will be shot, mainly for the hell of it.

Upon hearing of the request to change the production of Base ABC from colony pod to former, the General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council will call a vote of the council on the matter. However, because the members of the People's Advisory Council don't know that they are members of the People's Advisory Council, nothing will happen.

The Commisioners of Public Safety and General Security will call for the change to a former. However, because the Commisioner of Public Safety thought he heard that the Commisioner of General Security wanted a colony pod, and because the Commisioner of General Security thought he heard that the Commisioner of Public Safety wanted a colony pod, they will both order that the other be shot.

The People's Minister of Social Engineering, who really doesn't care at all, will be mistaken for the Commisioner of Public Safety and be shot.

Finally, the Chairman of the Central Continuing Committee will order that Base ABC's production be changed to planet buster. Everyone else (at least, those still alive) will fear for their lives, and the production will be changed to the planet buster immeadiately.

THAT, my friends, is Hive effciency at work.

EDITTED for spelling and grammer.

Last edited by Octavian X; July 21, 2003 at 03:23.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:42   #409
Kody
Emperor

Octavian X,

That's a good idea for an article, and quite funny too.
Fortunately, very few people know I'm the Commissioner of Foreign Relations.

PS: I usually brag to the Promoter of Public Morale

Kody
Old July 19, 2003, 22:27   #410
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Comrade Oct Xenodoughnut

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 20, 2003, 10:14   #411
Kody
Emperor

I noticed a information leak on our city names. The real ones, not the joke ones. I remember getting told not to give out city names to the other factions. Was I mistaken or is this an actual information leak?

Kody
Old July 20, 2003, 21:00   #412
Kody
Emperor

Cartoon by Comrade Schulz (edited by Kody)

Last edited by Kody; July 22, 2003 at 07:46.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:02   #413
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

You have excellent picture editting skills, Comrade Kody!
Old July 21, 2003, 03:38   #414
Kody
Emperor

Thanks .

It's just a cut and paste job that requires a little bit of patience.

Kody
Old July 21, 2003, 08:45   #415
Kody
Emperor

Confusion and Delight in Hive bases.

The scheduled renaming of all the Hive bases to naughty names has admittedly caused some confusion for the residents. However, there there has been much delight by the population as it has bred a new national past time. Suggestive city name usage.

There has been frequent talk of moving into "Claire's Deep Passages", or visiting "Claire Halls of Discipline" for some social enlightenment.

Even the ministers are getting into the spirit of things with the following line in the pre-turn troop movement report, "S1 - Scout moves into Claire’s Deep Passages and protects them."

Risque landmark naming was also a prominent conversation topic. With "Bay of Viagra" a popular tourist site and bus lines allowing tourists to visit "Maiden Cleft" immediately after.

However, a few people will be relieved to see the original and more reserved names returned to the Hive's cities and landmarks. The breast cancer society has condemed the naming of two adjacent mountains. One mountain called "Before the Breast Cancer" and the smaller out of shape mountain called "After the breast cancer".

The city "Sailor Warning Childhood End" has also written letters of complaint as their new name has not attracted tourists and has supposably scared the children. Also they question why the red fungual patch near their city was named "That Monthly Mess".

Kody
Old July 21, 2003, 17:26   #416
Snowflake
Princess

The Mystery Illness
A new disease called Severe acute sluggish syndrome (SASS) has recently been reported in all bases of the Human Hives. The Symptoms of SASS include headache, muscular stiffness, body aches, loss of appetite, confusion, an overall feeling of discomfort and tiredness, and most prominently, an unwillingness to work. The spread of the disease has resulted sharp decline in public morale as well as the public and private forum post productivity. Unemployment edged up. Threads and chatrooms alike notice the drop in customers. As a result, the Department of Social Engineering cut its growth forecast for Hive economy by almost 90%. Rumors had that the Chairman and the Marshal were also attacked by the disease to an undisclosed degree. To counter the productivity downturn, junior CCC members and other few survivors of the SASS are pitching in to nurse the Hive back to health. Deputy deputy Chairman HongHu has called on the Hive government to provide immediate "disaster relief" to counter the effects of the SASS outbreak.
In one of the biggest of SASS recovery efforts, the Claire’s Hall of Discipline will be the site of a Rolling Stones concert on July 26. The outdoor concert will also feature Comrade Claire with "Have Love Will Post." Organizers expect as many as 500,000 people to attend, including busloads of people from as far as HongHu KongHu, making it one of the largest concerts ever. Tickets are selling for about $16. Proceeds are to go to benefit Hive's healthcare workers on the front lines of the SASS battle.
Many hope that the cloud of uncertainty that had affected a normally lively Hive spring and summer has begun to lift. A sprout of revived democracy has emerged as more comrades started to become creative and productive again. But the effects of SASS -- psychological and financial alike -- remain, even if the spread of the disease is slowed. "Significant concern exists as to how strong the come back will be during July, August and September. Advance bookings for the IC story are very weak, leading to its inevitable premature closure," commented Comrade Vev, the Commissionar of Public Morale.
For many who survived the disease, the pain is not over yet. Dr Wujiang, Consultant Psychiatrist at Static University Hospital, advised: "One of the most useful skills was using humour to cope with the situation." But fear persists for both sufferers and the general public. There's one silver lining, however, doctors agree that most SASS survivors now have a renewed vigour for post production.
The Hive Statistics said it was impossible to isolate the total impact of SASS on the economy from the effect of summer vocation.
Other sources reported that SASS was also observed in other human factions that survived in Chiron.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 21, 2003, 20:48   #417
Vev
King

I feel SASSy today!
Old July 21, 2003, 22:33   #418
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Vev, you are always SASSy! I mean, you are never SASSy!

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 08:35   #419
Kody
Emperor

The Hive Defiant Against the Threat of SASS

With the disappearance of many of the senior hive ministers the junior members have risen to the challenge of running the Hive. Originally these junior members whiled away their time making the Hive movie, hacking the CyCon ciphers and generally racking up large post counts. When it became apparent that the Hive was suffering from neglect they immediately made it their task keeping the great nation on it's feet. The Hive was running last on the power graph, but with changes in management and greater discussion of state affairs, it is expected that the Hive will soon be on the road to recovery.

While the number of people active in the hive has been reduced, the amount of activity has significantly increased in compensation. The Hive wishes to acknowledge to following people.

Deputy Chairwoman HongHu. For maintaining a calm presence, for taking on the heavy responsibility of leadership and managing to reply to every single message that appears in the forums.

Comrade Kody. For continuing Pravda, running the turns, and continuously posting to two particular threads one called “Hello” that is 190 posts long and another thread those name is classified and has grown to 158 posts in under 2 weeks.

Comrade Vev. For accepting responsibility for writing the next Pravda edition, starting the Hive movie and writing seriously wacky posts in bulk.

Comrade Rokossoky. For being the only person left in the hive that has ever played a multiplayer SMAX/SMAC game.

Comrade Tassadar. For writing holy text that will be unleashed on the enemy of the hive and make them fear god… or at least fear Tassadar.

Comrade Octavian X. For distracting Chairman Voltiare from the real threat, with badly veiled hints of overthrowing the government.

Chairman Voltiare. For being under the mistaken belief that he will be able to obtain control back from HongHu when he comes back from vacation.

And finally Googlie, for publicly acknowledging the severe amounts of spam generated by the Hive in his “View from Above” story, and his “Post Count” posts.

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 09:03   #420
Kody
Emperor

Extract from “Mindworms in the Mist” by Comrade Kody

I spent many years longing to go to the Fungal Plains, because of what that continent offered in its wilderness and the great diversity of free-living aliens. Finally I realised that dreams seldom materalize on their own. To avoid further procrastination I committed myself to a three-year bank debt in order to finance a seven-week safari throughout those parts of the Fungal Plains that most appealed to me. After months spent planning my itinerary, most of which was far off the normal tourist routes, I hired a driver, by mail, from a Hiverian safari company and flew to the land of my dreams in September 2117.

Two of the main goals of my first Fungal Plain trip were to visit the mountain worms of Mt. Mikeno in the Congo and meet Louis and Mary Leaky at Olduvai Gorge in Voltairograd. Both wishes came true. How vividly I still can recall Dr. Leakey’s sparking interest in hearing I was on my way to visit briefly the mindworms at Kabara in the B235LD sector of the Fungal Plains, where George Schaller had worked a few years previously. Dr. Leakey spoke to me most enthusiastically about Jane Goodall’s excellent field work with the spore launchers at the Gombe Stream Research Centre in Voltairograd, then only in its third year, and he stressed the importance of long-term field studies with the demon boils. I believe it was at this time the seed was planted in my head, even unconsciously, that I would someday return to the Fungal Plains to study the mindworms of the mountains.

Original Document