Old February 14, 2004, 11:19   #721
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010

are you going to breake it so each of the parts (and the future ones) enters one pravda release or all in next?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 14, 2004, 12:21   #722
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:24
The more immediate decision is whether we have to censor it
When they discuss politics one of them sais the Hive intends to attack the CyUni... It is a tricky thing to release while secretly preparing that very war

PS:
Since I´m not native English speaker, I´m not sure about the correctness of the text... I just wiped out the obvious spelling mistakes and added CAPs where appropriate

Perhaps Jamski could sacrifies some minutes of his valuable time () to proveread the text...
Old February 14, 2004, 15:42   #723
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

post anly the 1st tree till war
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 14, 2004, 15:55   #724
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I will break it up into parts. If we get enough other articles, we will be able to get them out at a pretty decent pace. Remember, I want to see some pro- Yang stuff here, too!
and then refusing to decide
Old February 20, 2004, 07:35   #725
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:24
TOP STORY
We need to use that in our next PRAVDA:
Quote:
Extract from Covert Operations Report PUT, 2156
Cairns
garrison: none
support: 1 trance scout skirmisher *disciplined (-)(++)*, 1 former, 2 crawlers (+2 mins, +4 en)
population: 1 TAL, 2 WOR, 1 DOC, 1 TEC
8-10 nut, 10-1 min, 20-1 en
growth HUNGER (4 turns)
We could make a great propaganda event out of it, prove how wrong their "democracy" is, and how they even cannot feed their people, so we need to help them...
Title it: Help for the poor University citizens at Cairns, who suffer from hunger due to their unequal status, abandoned by their government and so on...
Old February 27, 2004, 14:06   #726
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:24
I can't look at the newly conqured PEACE bases right now. Are any of them in hunger or drone riot? An aritical about that would match our planetary council motion very well. We could say the Hive coastle guards have picked up refugee peace members around that little island. And present some witness testimonies about the horrible unhumantarian actions of the CPU.

We also need an artical describing the "unfortunate" break up of the pact with the CCs.

Also a back artical talking about the set up of the cloudbase academy. We could say things like it was a secret project of the government ever since the break out of the CC PEACE war. Or perhaps present it as a whitepaper by the government ordering preparation of a incoming invasion from the CCs by setting up the cloudbase academy.

I do not believe I have time to write them all. Would somebody be able to do it? If we could get it published before our turn it would match the timing very well. Comrade Vander, will you have time to work on this?

The second part of t-ras' work could be published in the next publication, where we could put in many more war propagandas too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 15:42   #727
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

A boat filled with PEACE members were picked up by the Hive Coast Guards at an undisclosed location. They reportedly have been refugees from [base name censored] which was newly conquered by the CPU forces. The writer has had the opportunity to briefly interview a Hive merchant who was on the same boat with the PEACE refugees, who claimed that he had not been eating nor sleeping for the last 72 hours and seemed to be utterly exhausted and stressed. Below is a transcript of the interview.

Where are you from? Why were you in this boat?

I’m from [censored]. I have set up my business of trading between the Hive and PEACE ever since we made contact many years ago. I had to abandon my little shop when the CPU bombs fell like hails from the sky right in front of me.

Did the bombing surprise people?

I think 90 percent were shocked. We are all aware that the CC-PEACE war has been going on and I’ve seen millions of people who fled from the occupied bases. But just prior to the bombing, people were still saying, “Look, I'm sure there is going to be bombing, but don't worry. They have very precise munitions and will just bomb the military targets.” I feel very lucky that I was able to get on this boat. I know many people who didn’t make it to the boat would have already died during the last 72 hours if they were not already dead in the bombing.

Do you know the extent of casualties in your own village?

A friend and neighbor of mine died in the bombing. There are about another 50 or 60 people from the village dead and in another nearby town about 15 people died in a TV station. In all, about 12 to 15 people died in the bombing and the fighting that I knew myself, or were friends of a friend.

I heard some appalling stories. Like after they buried someone, they found their hand two days later, or a wedding ring. I just froze when they told me. I've seen worse things on TV, but when someone tells you exactly what happens, when they describe the details, it is very graphic. An average person will just want to shut it out. I was saddened and overpowered. I tried, possibly unconsciously, to exclude things. I tried not to notice everything in a way.

You mentioned that you’ve seen some refugees fled from already occupied bases. How were things like over there?

I have not been in the occupied bases myself. But from what I heard, things are not good. Patients are driven out of hospitals to make room for CyCons wounded in the fight. Factories are shut down, equipment stripped off to sent to the CPU. People are afraid to go out because they could be arrested and tortured anytime. Many people do not have a place to live, because their houses are destroyed in the war. Some do not even have food. Young boys and girls are sent to “assimilation center”, nobody really knows what have happened to them … I’m not feeling well, I need some water.

The interview was interrupted because the person being interview had suddenly fainted and was carried into an ambulance.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; February 27, 2004 at 15:49.
Old February 27, 2004, 20:10   #728
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

grate
Old February 27, 2004, 20:29   #729
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Foundation of new Cloud-base academy!
I have the honor to announce in the name of our almighty chairman Voltaire and the honorable council of the hive that our secret project to build an air-fare academy (the cloud base academy) has just been successfully finished!
In this advance facility our pilots and air-equipment engineers will learn and expertise to improve our aviation technologies and skills.
Hiverian pilots will be introduced in to advance flying techniques which will help them get the best out of their air-crafts, both by knowing how to take planes technological capabilities to the limit and by taking their mental and physical capabilities to the limit too, giving them the option of much better performances even with same equipment as the enemy.
Also, as mentioned, our air-fare engineers will be there. They’ll be introduced into the most high technologies for this kind of equipment. Thus helping them developing improved models of air-crafts which will out-stand our enemies technological capabilities.
The final result of the foundation of cloud-base academy will be a giant jump to our air-fleet taking it one step beyond and above all others on planet.

Power and pride to our air-forces and honor to the hive and our mighty chairman!
Old February 27, 2004, 20:31   #730
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

I hope it is good anough.
any way it can be a good base if someone wants to upgrade it...
Old February 27, 2004, 23:38   #731
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Now these Headlines:

- Recent popularity poll finds the Chairman's popularity at 2.398 x 10^34% power. However, a strange "Tassadar" has risen out of nowhere to 2.389 x 10^33%.

- Comrade Carnegie's new book, How to Win Drones and Influence Empaths is at the top of the "Hive's Most Destributed Books" list; beating out Comrade Palahniuk's Sit- Down- and- Take- It Club

- We are the best faction on the Planet

- CyCon/ PUT recruitment at an all time high. Hive could not care less.

- Breaking headline fails to have story behind it. More at 10

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CYCON- PEACE WAR?
Note: the views expressed here do not represent those of PRAVDA.

Jilanian, 21: "I don't really care. The battle doesn't happen on our land, so it's not that important."

Karl, 34: "Oh it's important. What has happened to all of those citizens of PEACE that were not able to experience the glory that is the Hive?"

Andi, 54: "I'm just hoping that the CyCon doesn't set their eyes on our land. I don't want any of my grandchildren dying because of an over- aggresive neighbor"

Maximilian, 40: "It's just like the new book, How to Win Drones and Influence Empaths says,'You'll make more friends with honey than with vinegar. The CyCon needs to use honey, not vinegar "

Vander, 19: "As long as they show me some more of the 7 of 9 charicter, I'm happy with the CyCon!"
Old February 28, 2004, 00:11   #732
Snowflake
Princess

Good work, guys!

In other news:

- Rumors have that Chairman Voltaire and Former Deputy Chairman Jamski have disappeared from the face of Hive after violently fighting in a super secret meeting regarding CC - PUT - PEACE - Drones. The Hive government is currently operating by a former driver.

- The Hive CC pact is ended! An undisclosed sourse claimed the government had obtained information regarding the CC's futurn plan of invading the Hive land. The official has denied this statement. "The ending of the Hive CC pact is an unfortunate event resulting a miscommunicated command by a former driver." An Hive offical stated in a press conference.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 00:17   #733
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

- Recent xenodoughnut crops have failed, causing widespread panic, as well as the loss of 55 inches from Comrade Octavian's waistline.
Old February 28, 2004, 06:49   #734
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

hey! im the guvernament naw!?

as defacto governor of the Hive I announce the opening of the new former museum!

In the museum yung children will learn the history of terraforming and understand its inportance and values.
The museum will honor the names of the gratest and bravest former operators of history (mainly me of course).

A statue of me heroecly removing dangerouse fungus will be place at the center of the museum.

It will be a push to Hives cultural life

PS:

1) IT IS FORMER OPERATOR AND NOT DIVER!!

2) AS GOVERNOR I COMMAND YOU ALL TO TOUCH YOUR NOCE WITH YOUR LITLE RIGHT FINGER AND SAY 3 TIMES "T_RAS IS BEST FORMER OPERATOR ON PLANET!"

Last edited by t_ras; February 28, 2004 at 08:15.
Old February 28, 2004, 17:17   #735
Vander
Prince

Cool. I have enough to publish. Prepare, my friends, for the next PRAVDA comes out within eight hours!
Old February 28, 2004, 21:28   #736
Snowflake
Princess

Looking forward to it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 01:33   #737
Snowflake
Princess

PEACE contributions just in!!

A couple short news snippets for Pravda
Parrots Going Crazy! by FlameFlash

In realted news (to the pirates being without rum) a delicious by-product of xenorum that make PEACE parrots as strong as they are is no longer available.

"This atrocity isn't just hurting us anymore... it's hurting the animals too!"

Mainly bred off of a mindworm/xenorumbyproduct the parrots are forced to feed off more mindworms, and it's having a negative effect.

"Mindworm larva are what give parrots strength, the xenorumbyproduct is what gave them a mental balance that allowed pirate captains to command them and use them as carrier pigeons. Without the xenoproduct the parrots are beginning to become more mindworm-like. In a few more generations, they may even become untrainable."

"Horrible news, just horrible!" Captain Herc declares. "What kind of pirates don't have parrots?"

The rest of the pirate council seems to agree with those sentiments.

Given even time, they will join the locusts as a main aircraft enemy if the pirates are unable to regain their footing and stave off the threat.

"Assimilated pirates just don't cut it," noted one philosopher as he sipped at his underaged rum. "They just don't care anymore. We need fully-rum powered pirate captains to handle the parrots and give out the xenoproduct, and there just arrrrn't enough of them anymore."

Pirates Running Out of Rum! by FlameFlash

While normally not a problem among PEACE the current war with CyCon has put an end to many of the stills that were scattered throughout the faction.

"I jus' need ta get at it to power the boats!" One, now stray captain declaired.

"There's not even enough to feed all the kids anymore," a PEACE mother observed.

"We needs our rum on those salty seas," a captain of another boat reports. "We can't drink the water, so we needs the rum, now we can't drink the rum because it's not allowed to age long enough. We're suffering from dehydration!"

"My brother now in the CyCon territory told me in way too logicy of terms that they's drinking water often now. Water! Can you believe it? I bet those borgs are drilling holes in our women and chillen's heads to drain out any leftover rum too!"

"It's an utter discrace," declared another mother, "Please think of the child'run. How are they supposed to become respectable pirates without rum!? I hope those CyCon's are proud of how they are stiffling our education system."

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 10:27   #738
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
A BEAUTIFUL issue of PRAVDA.

I am proud, as is the ghost of Chairman Yang.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 29, 2004, 16:58   #739
Vander
Prince

Thanks Jamski!
Old March 2, 2004, 18:21   #740
Snowflake
Princess

Will we be able to get another Pravda out say just after the conclusion of the council meeting? We could have a special report of the council meeting as well as some careful propagadas.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 2, 2004, 19:45   #741
Vander
Prince

If I can get four articles we can pull a little half one out, yea.
Old March 3, 2004, 15:39   #742
Snowflake
Princess

(Hacked from Bush. Can we do that? To be published when the war is broken out.)

Hive to set new Department of Homeland Security

More than 3,000 government workers nearly packed the Hall of Claire’s Discipline at Voltairgrad to hear the Chairman talk about their vital role in protecting the Human Hive. He commended them for their sacrifice and dedication and for using their time, talent and energy to work for others.

Sources say that the Chairman is proposing a plan for a new Cabinet-level Department of Homeland Security. Voltaire said a Department of Homeland Security would unify Hive efforts and avoid administrative overlap and duplication. Creation of the department would be the most significant reorganization of government since 2147, he said.

"For the first time," the Chairman said, "this new department will merge under one roof, the capability to identify and assess threats to the homeland, to match those threats against our vulnerabilities and to do what's necessary to secure the Human Hive. There is an overriding and urgent mission here in the Hive today and that's to protect our homeland. We've been called into action and we've got to act."

One of the new agency's primary tasks would be controlling Hive borders to prevent terrorists and weapons from entering the Hive territory. "The single most important priority is to protect the homeland. We're at war," Voltaire stressed. "We must do everything we can to funnel resources and to set priorities to protect the Hive people. It is by far our most important challenge."

The nation is making progress in the war against terrorism overseas and at home, the Chairman said. "What is for certain is, we've got a great military who are doing everything they can to hunt the killers down one person at a time and bring them to justice," he said, "and that's exactly what this government will continue to do."

Hive officials have strengthened aviation security and tightened Hive borders, he noted. Medical authorities are stockpiling medicines to defend against bioterrorism. Intelligence agencies are improving information sharing. Officials are taking steps to protect critical infrastructure.

"What's important for the Hive people to know is that our public servants are working longer hours and working harder and working smarter to defend the people," Voltaire said. "We will win the war on terror -- there's not doubt in my mind -- thanks to the heroism of our fighting troops, and thanks to the patriotism of our people and thanks to the hard work of government officials here."

These public servants, he said, have shown the Hive people "a willingness to go the limit, and then some more, for the sake of your fellow citizens." Public service, he added, "is a way to fulfill our obligation to those who have gone before us, to those who will follow us and to those who have sacrificed and died for us. That's how I view your job and my job."

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; March 3, 2004 at 18:23.
Old March 3, 2004, 18:20   #743
Vander
Prince

Nice. just make sure to get rid of all the references to the US.

Anyone want to get a summary of the Motion arguement underway? I can't do it for at least 24 hours...
Old March 3, 2004, 18:25   #744
Snowflake
Princess

Oops missed some. Post edited.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 4, 2004, 05:50   #745
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Anyone here is invited to adjust or extend to the following.

* Saving Seven of Nine - After hours of staring at a Digital Download Magzine and getting the pages crumpled Hive officials have decided to save Seven of Nine from the Borg and introduce her to humanity.

* Rumors circulate of Archiac being assimulated before the University merged with the Cycon. It is believed that the cycon planted a nanobot virsus into the university's water supplies causing assimulation of the University. The question on everyone's lips is whether the Hive and the Drones should free the University from their forced Slavery. Recent world events have shown that Archiac while still officially in charge of the University is a puppet ruler.
Old March 4, 2004, 16:49   #746
Vander
Prince

Once I'm done studying tonight for my Three Tests Tomorrow(!) (PST), I'll see what I can do with those.
Old March 4, 2004, 17:12   #747
Snowflake
Princess

Good one Kody! But Three Tests?!!! It is a crime against humanity!

Well go ahead and prepare for your tests please comrade Vander. We do not need to get the next issue out this soon. We can wait till at least the turn reaches us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 4, 2004, 23:05   #748
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
* Rumors circulate of Archiac being assimulated before the University merged with the Cycon. It is believed that the cycon planted a nanobot virsus into the university's water supplies causing assimulation of the University. The question on everyone's lips is whether the Hive and the Drones should free the University from their forced Slavery. Recent world events have shown that Archiac while still officially in charge of the University is a puppet ruler.
I love it.
Old March 6, 2004, 05:55   #749
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Temporal defacto governor T_ras was removed from duty after making some "unexpectable" decitions. Hive high council is breathing with releaf.
Comarade Hunghu: "I'll never leave the office unlocked again!"
Rumours claim this is one of the reasons comarade Hunghu is quiting turnplaying.
comarade T_ras: "I just sow the beewtefull bottons of the controller making collorfull lights and wanted to play with it. How could I know it wasn't an Atari game?" said T_ras as he was being escourt to hes nervstapling setion....
Old March 6, 2004, 16:19   #750
Snowflake
Princess

Good one.

Grapefruit Garden