Old May 15, 2003, 20:55   #1
Bookwyrm
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Maintenance
This function is malfunctioning* and will be unable to perform its duties until the 25th, though possibly slightly sooner.

*going to Virginia Beach for a family get together. Why we're getting together in Virginia Beach when all but two of us live in the same city in New York, I have no idea
Old May 15, 2003, 21:04   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Happy regenerating!
Old May 15, 2003, 21:05   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:39
well, while there's a thread for this, i'll also be "offline"* May 30th-june 1st.

*canadian secondary school rowing championships, St. Catherines
Old May 15, 2003, 21:17   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

While we're at it, I won't be able to perform official functions in the Cybernetic Consciousness until the end of June, due to exams. Having an official faction eg Prime Code of Internal Affairs would force me to do polls on a regular basis, while now I can just post and poll whenever I want. (Though there hasn't been a decline in posting due to exams approaching - actually the opposite since we have our private forum : )
Old May 16, 2003, 01:00   #5
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

I've just finished all my IB exams, so I should be relatively free for the rest of the year. Except for now... I'm on holidays until 20 May. I'll still post, but it won't be nearly as involved as I'd like it to be.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 16, 2003, 09:01   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:39
I have A-Level exams, but they're not till June 10th, for about 2 weeks. However, being me, I will never let my exams get in the way of my 'Poly surfing Thus I will still be just as active for most of it (maybe not while I'm doing the exams, but hey, Cyborgs can multitask ) Playing the turn shouldn't be a problem, and I will try to get as much info from as many of you as are here.

Just help out when you can, and have a good holiday, for those going

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old July 7, 2003, 18:50   #7
Corellion
Prince

I'll resurrect the fourth oldest thread on the board!

I will be undergoing maintenance until the 25th of July, though possibly a little sooner. Though I'll try and post occasionally, my participation will be intermittent and sporadic. As such, I will be unable to fulfill my obligations as Internal Affairs Function. I'll leave it up to our Prime Function's discretion whether to delegate this responsibility to another, or to take over duties for himself, as we have relatively few internal concerns at the moment.

I trust that the Cybernetic Consciousness shall grow stronger during my absence (though hopefully not as a result of it) .
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old July 7, 2003, 19:37   #8
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

If anyone is willing and able, they are welcome to assume the post temporarily. If not, I am happy to take it, although I am sure that Function Mani Alpha-3 will do much of the polling and ideas too.

You will be missed Function Corelli Omega-9, but I trust we shall be able to keep the Conciousness growing in your absense.

Old July 12, 2003, 11:02   #9
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

well just to post it somewhere....funtion delta is reactived....i am back and kicking
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old July 12, 2003, 14:27   #10
Drogue
staff

Welcome back Function Delta. Nice to have you back

Old July 21, 2003, 14:39   #11
Drogue
staff

I would like to apologise for my absense. My life has been incredibly hectic this last week or two, and with me working full time now too, I have had little time for this game. While I will try to stay as involved as possible, it would be improper of me to continue to be your Prime Function while I cannot access Apolyton anywhere near as often as I would like. With great sadness, I feel I must resign. I will stay around, and hope that at some point I may be able to return much of my attention to this, but at the moment, that is not feasible.

I am sorry not to have told you sooner, I have had much trouble getting 'Poly to work lately. I wish you all the best, and will try to remain as active as possible.

Old July 21, 2003, 17:39   #12
Maniac

Oh darn. This will reduce the activity in our forum to near zero. I am actually unable to participate much as well, since I have a few re-examinations (or whatever they are called: "tweede zit") end of August.
Old July 31, 2003, 13:34   #13
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

It does seem difficult to keep a game going online, people go every which way...

As for myself, I'm joyfully occupied with duties in the Office of Eternal Affairs until, and possibly after, the sky falls.
Old August 1, 2003, 20:12   #14
Drogue
staff

snipped for idiocy

I will have much more time to devote to 'Poly now, since () my girlfriend has just gone to Malta for two weeks

Last edited by Drogue; August 2, 2003 at 16:57.
Old August 2, 2003, 06:33   #15
Maniac

Ouch. That's bad for you.
Where's Elijah btw? I haven't seen him either lately. Is he travelling to some remote location too?
Old August 2, 2003, 13:30   #16
Drogue
staff

Elijah doesn't really use 'Poly anymore. He's busy writing his book, reading stuff, and preparing for next year. I think he lost interest, being that he isn't actually an SMAC player anyway (he has a couple of times, but that's it).

Old August 2, 2003, 13:32   #17
Corellion
Prince

Actually I'm the Internal Affairs Function.

Everybody's leaving us?
Old August 3, 2003, 04:05   #18
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

he i will be sporadically online the next couple of weeks. i am moving, starting my study and getting a new computer...if everything goes all right i will be back inthe last week of august and back again after the first few days of september
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 3, 2003, 23:04   #19
Corellion
Prince

Have fun!
Old August 29, 2003, 01:38   #20
Corellion
Prince

My posts will be erratic and short at best over the next week and possibly longer. I'm heading off to University, in the process completely uprooting myself and moving halfway across the country (Calgary, Alberta to Kingston, Ontario). I'll get this over with quickly and then be back posting.
Old August 29, 2003, 03:36   #21
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Tassadar blesses all the peoples in regeneration and hopes that after their regeneration cycle they become even more efficent than before.
Old August 29, 2003, 06:51   #22
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
I'm heading off to University
What!?! Defecting to the PUT??
Old September 1, 2003, 12:33   #23
Corellion
Prince

Not THE University, but University.
Old September 6, 2003, 09:56   #24
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:39
Hello from Sligo, atlantic coast of NW Ireland

Everything seems to be going well in the game

G.
Old September 14, 2003, 18:16   #25
Drogue
staff

As has been expected for some time, but only confirmed yesterday, I will be going on holiday for one week on Tuesday, to Florence. I leave at 4am Tues 16th Sept and get back 11:30pm Tues 23rd Sept. I am sorry for this, but I think I mentioned it at election to Function Delta who seemed able to take over as Prime Function for a week. Sorry for the sporadic activity lately as well, part work, part computer problems, part illness and part girlfriend - all but one should no long be a problem on my return, so my activity should increase much

However the good news is that when I get back, I now only wokr 2 nights a week, so have all my days to devote to 'Poly (with a little studying ). Some free time finally

Old September 14, 2003, 19:35   #26
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
Not THE University, but University.
I don't believe you. Pigdog!!!!

I command all my followers in the Looniversity, kill him!!!
Old September 14, 2003, 20:04   #27
Corellion
Prince

Er... you have no followers, they didn't grant you access to their forum.
Old September 14, 2003, 20:08   #28
Nubclear

You speak of the psycho looniversity University and the drunken idiots of the PEACE.

But in time, they will be dealt with.
Old September 14, 2003, 22:06   #29
Corellion
Prince

Indeed!
Old September 15, 2003, 00:03   #30
Nubclear

test