Old March 30, 2001, 02:40   #1
Gorgo the Magnificent
Settler

Local Time: 22:56
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Where can I get a copy of the Rules...?
I just bought Civ II. I am SLOWLY learning a few things, but, without a copy of the rules, I'm still fumbling about and not enjoying it as much as I think I should.

[This message has been edited by Gorgo the Magnificent (edited March 30, 2001).]
Old March 30, 2001, 04:46   #2
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Have you checked the CD carefully - there is probably a copy of the manual in .pdf format somewhere on it ...

You need Acrobat Reader to read a .pdf file - that is available free from just about everywhere (read can't be bothered to dig out a link - sorry)

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old March 30, 2001, 06:58   #3
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If you're talking about the written manual, that should have come with the game. It did with mine, and all the authorized copies I've heard of. If it didn't, maybe Firaxis will be kind enough to replace it?
Old March 30, 2001, 08:10   #4
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

winston - not sure where you are from, but in the UK at least there are several budget versions based on CD only...

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
- Paul Craven
Old March 30, 2001, 09:28   #5
Gorgo the Magnificent
Settler

Thanks Scouse - Indeed I have the budget version without paper manual. The budget version of Alpha Centauri did have .pdf format rules, but I haven't seen anything like that on the Civ II disc. But rules for this game do exist though - that, at least, is a start!
Old March 30, 2001, 09:59   #6
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Gorgo - try playing the Civ Tutorial to grasp the basics.
---------
SG(2)
Old March 30, 2001, 19:38   #7
Gorgo the Magnificent
Settler

Scouse -

That would be cool. I really want to learn the basics - like how to read the City Screen, and how to skip guys who you don't want to move ( I created a whole ****load of Warriors last night because I didn't know what the hell I was doing), etc, etc......

My email is: benja28@earthlink.net

What , exactly, is your copy of Civ II MP? Thanks for helping me
Old March 30, 2001, 19:54   #8
klesh
King

Local Time: 18:56
Civ II MP, stands for Multiplayer....unfortunately Scouse forgot to use the correct name for it as dictated by Apolytonians: MGE (multiplayer Gold Edition)

It is the latest version of Civ which allows you to play multiplayer games against human controlled civ.

But do try and use the tutorial and instant help (option to turnon is in the 'game options' menu). Also be sure to refer to the Civilopedia... its sorta the manual inside the game, very helpful.
Old March 31, 2001, 01:05   #9
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

There is a 1.65Mb manual.pdf on my copy of Civ2 - but not on my copy of Civ2 MP - I could e-mail it to you if you wish ...

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven
Old March 31, 2001, 06:23   #10
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Not quite FMK - I'm a poor benighted Brit remember - my copy of Civ2 MP says exactly that on the front cover - when you load it it calls itself 'Ultimate', but as it didn't come with the scenarios - I had to buy CiC and FW separately - it isn't 'Classic Collection' either. On the HDD I've upgraded it to Julius' 'No Limits' patch which makes it MGE 1.3 compatible, but ...

[edit] Gorgo - I will send it from work on Monday - (I have a somewhat faster connection there) [/edot]

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven
[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited March 31, 2001).]
Old April 2, 2001, 07:23   #11
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Sorry Gorgo - thinking the site was down - my bookmarks were to apolyton.net - I could not get your e-mail and the copy of the disk I have here (at work) doesn't have a manual - tomorrow honest

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven
Old April 2, 2001, 08:11   #12
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm glad you seem to have things sorted out, with the help of Scouse Gits. Sorry for any confusion following my earlier post, but in Denmark I haven't heard of the budget version - just the original pack with the manual, poster and CD. Also, there are no pdf files on my CD, I just checked it.

Have fun exploring the intricacies of this great game!