Old May 17, 2003, 08:43   #1
Haon
ACDG The Human HiveMacAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 01:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Did you come to Hive expecting a job, but still without one?
Then do we have an offer for you! As The Minister of Industry & Development, I have been appointed the task of assigning two lucky comrades to the duties of Commissar of Infrastructure, and Commissar of Economic Development! This will make you either the head of The Department of Economic Development or The Department of Infrastructure respectably.
"But I can not win an election, not even in The Hive!"
I hear you say, well have no fear, because there are no elections required for these two departments as I assign who leads them as I am The Minister. So do you have what it takes? Even if you don't chances are that this will be the time when you discover your hidden talents!

Now what do you need to be skilled in?

The requirements of the job are:

Commissar of Economic Development:
-This will involve dealing with the economy of The Hive. Specifically, the allocation of, and recoding of, the amount of energy in our faction. We expect decent Maths capabilities in this department (or the ownership of a calculator). This will also involve maximizing economic output and overall energy consumption.

Commissar of Infrastructure:
-Congratulations! You are now a field Marshall! Of a very special army, I am talking about our Army of Formers! Even though they have not yet been invented, we know that it will be your eventual duty to order the Formers to build, change, and alter the natural landscape of Planet. This means that it shall be your duty to raise the terrain on on the neighbors borders to keep the good western winds that provide nutrients out of our enemies. It will also be your duty to give us well placed mountains that trap the good air on our side and give us nutrients, not to mention the immediate tasks or road building.

Do you think you have what it takes? If so apply here, if not, we will come for you eventually so why not save time and apply here anyway?

"The Hive, assigning labour, with a smile!"
Old May 17, 2003, 09:24   #2
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:47
Although I am already the democratically elected Minister of Information (and IIRC also the official Hive Historian, right Comrade Chairman? ) I would like to apply here for either one of both positions, since I consider myself a pretty good mathematics talent () and have lots of time to spend

Are government positions reappointed after some time? I assume that, so being some minister in the first period shouldn´t carry too much work with it.
Old May 17, 2003, 09:27   #3
Haon
Warlord

Welcom aboard! If the Chairman allows it, you can take up this job and the Information job, why I myself hold two positions! And we always are in need of good number crunchers!
Old May 17, 2003, 09:36   #4
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

I love number-crunching!!!
Old May 17, 2003, 10:14   #5
Micha
King

By the way, which position would you like me to take? Assuming you as Minister of Industry and Development want to take one of these too...?
It would be a pleasure to be "Field Marshall of our Army of Formers"
Old May 17, 2003, 15:21   #6
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
There's nothing in the regulations prohibiting a People's Minister form holding another non-ministerial position. Good luck Comrade Micha.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 18, 2003, 08:27   #7
Haon
Warlord

Micha, how about you hold both titles for now untill someone else expresses intrest? It will be more efficient, at this point in the game, we do not yet need an large unwieldy buerocractic nightmare.
Old May 19, 2003, 07:03   #8
Micha
King

I agree.