Old July 18, 2003, 10:04   #451
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Well since at the moment we can pretty much predict everything that is going to happen. I don't see why we should hold the turn up for several hours. The drones currently sort out their moves beforehand. I reckon we should do the same.

Also I've noticed deciding things during the turn chat tends to get bad decisions. That farm near kommie city was a big waste of former time and was a result of a snap decision made during the turn chat.

We should have formered the land south of kommie city.

If it was done beforehand more people would have offered their ideas and we can have our 2nd thoughts and adjust the next turn.

Kody
Sure! It was just my bad habit of liking to be involved in action.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 18, 2003, 10:06   #452
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think we're make far fewer mistakes with planning all the move beforehand, and posting next turn's moves here.

Oh yeah about base B4. I'm wondering if we should instead put two bases. A base one east of B4, and a base one north of the nurtient near B4.

Actually I think it is a good idea to do that. I'm going to adjust the turn a little.

Kody

Last edited by Kody; July 18, 2003 at 10:11.
Old July 18, 2003, 10:08   #453
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Sure! It was just my bad habit of liking to be involved in action.
Nah it was Rokossovky and me at that turn chat, and I was trying to give advice without a map. That's why we ended up with a farm down there.

Kody
Old July 18, 2003, 10:16   #454
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I like B4 and B5 but have another suggestion about B6.

I suggest before B4 and B5, another base should be set close to the B6 site, but at the turn of the rive what's its name "Keep off the grass!" . It the river rainy square right in between the monument and the nut bonus.

The next one I suggest to be the base on top of sunny mesa uh I mean "Maiden Cleft" right on the energy square or if you really really don't like that then on the nut square. Then we can go ahead do B4 and B5.

Think that's a good idea?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 18, 2003, 10:28   #455
Kody
Emperor

B4 and B5 are actually planned for much later and B6 should be built earlier. The colony pods for base B4 won't be ready for about 5 turns. B5 will probably colonised by a colony pod from B4.

The next colony pod built is heading for B6 mainly, because we want to claim the west coast of our land. Some people have asked that we make the C1 colony pod head there. But I don't want to do that because the B1 base is going to be a colony pod generator. If we doing B6 first, we've basically lost entire new colony pod worth of a turn advantage.

Also we want to plant the colony pod early so we can get industrial automation faster. This increases the build rate and energy gathering.

To offset this the next colony pod from Claire's deep passages is going to B6 and claim our west coast.

As for placing a colony pod on the energy, we might want to crawler the energy to the super science city. Maybe when it comes closer to the time we need to send the colony pod we decide.... I can't figure out what would be best yet.

Also I think my B5 placement is wrong.... I need to figure out where the base should be placed. We want those condensor+nuts+crawler.

Kody

Last edited by Kody; July 18, 2003 at 10:33.
Old July 18, 2003, 10:34   #456
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:

Nah it was Rokossovky and me at that turn chat, and I was trying to give advice without a map. That's why we ended up with a farm down there.

Kody

I wasn't wanting to take responsiblity for THAT.

I meant "Sure let's do it!" (preturn chat)
"It was just my bad habit of liking to be involved in action (that makes me wanted to be in the turn chat). "

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 18, 2003, 10:37   #457
Snowflake
Princess

So do you like my idea of the new B6 site? You know the river rainy square bt the monument and the nut bonus close to shore (not the nut bonus on Maiden Cleft)?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 18, 2003, 10:45   #458
Kody
Emperor

I would go for it, as a B7 site. The B6 site is mainly placed to claim the rest of our island.

Kody
Old July 18, 2003, 10:48   #459
Snowflake
Princess

ok. The original B6 site does do a better job for that purpose.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 18, 2003, 19:52   #460
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:49
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I remember reading that renaming base can give out your base location. Somebody confirm? Disconfirm?
While that could be the case, I've never heard of it (but of course I'm not infallible)

I'll scenario test it

G.
Old July 22, 2003, 06:37   #461
Kody
Emperor

Turn Update 2122

Buster, did not accept or reject our pact.

Next turn's moves are in light blue for the ones already planned. The military unit movement depends on if the drones decide to pact or not.
The unit moves have yet to be allocated. If the drones don't make up their mind by next turn they should be considered hostile. Long term if not also short term.

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 10:25   #462
Snowflake
Princess

Has the drone scout retreated?
Quote:
If the drones don't make up their mind by next turn they should be considered hostile. Long term if not also short term.
I agree we have to be extremely cautious in that case.

Some questions:
Where are the colony pods heading? The one in Voltairograd I assume will go to the coast? The one in the valley is it going to build a base or is it going to Sunny mesa (I noticed that this place doesn't have a name now )?
Is the Komm city former going to build a road? I remember we also talked about building a sersor in the coast, will we have a former for that task? In fact since the colony pod is already out we may not have time for it, unless two formers work on it together ... The former that goes to the mineral bonus, is it going to continue to the nut bonus? I imagine we probably need a farm first?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 10:48   #463
Snowflake
Princess

Kody, saw you post in the turn tracking thread. What happened?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 19:38   #464
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

The Chairman is back on active duty for the next 2 weeks, then followed by a short 1 week vacation (this time in Mexico, but I will try to stay in touch)...

As for the situation with the Drones, the first thing that is to be made perfectly clear (after much growing concerns from both Comrade Tass and Comrade HongHu) the final decision relating to the pact with the Drones will be made by the CCC.

As for the negotiations themselves, the CCC is setting the deadline for the negotiations to Saturday of this week (i.e. July 26th). If the Drones have not made a decision by them we may well consider that they will not seriously consider the pact. Thus from that point onward (unless someone manages to convince my mind otherwise) our commitment to a permipact will end. he negotiations will continue under the same premises they have now, but the official policy of the Hive will be that whatever pact may be signed with the Drones, it will not be permanent (that would of course be assuming that a pact will be signed).

-Chairman Voltaire
Old July 22, 2003, 20:30   #465
Kody
Emperor

"Where are the colony pods heading? The one in Voltairograd I assume will go to the coast?"

Yes

"The one in the valley is it going to build a base or is it going to Sunny mesa (I noticed that this place doesn't have a name now )?"

Build a base where it is.

"Is the Komm city former going to build a road?"

The Cyan lined one is heading to start building mines and roads.
It will be required for crawling minerals to the Special Project "The weather Pradigm" that we're planning on building.

"I remember we also talked about building a sersor in the coast, will we have a former for that task? In fact since the colony pod is already out we may not have time for it, unless two formers work on it together"

We have enough time. If you noticed, that former has been using the last 1/3 of it's turn terraforming while it's been moving down the river. So it's got about 3 turns of terraforming already queued up.

"... The former that goes to the mineral bonus, is it going to continue to the nut bonus? I imagine we probably need a farm first?"

It's going to build a sensor array then forest the nut bonus for the new city that will be placed there.

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 22:40   #466
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks for the answers to my questions Comrade Kody! The only doubt I have left is if we should farm the nut bonus before we mine/road the min bonus since we probably want to build at least one colony pod before the city starts SP?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 23:18   #467
Kody
Emperor

We're rushing a former in the new city.
That will be the former that farms the nut bonus.

Choose a name for the new city. It needs to be a really good one because the new city will be a very important city of the Hive. It might become our headquarters, depends though.

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 23:19   #468
Kody
Emperor

If you're talking about voltirograd. The nut bonus is on rocky. So we can't farm the nut bonus.

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 23:22   #469
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Arrgh, cursed rocks.
Old July 22, 2003, 23:36   #470
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 21:49
I vote we call it "Feckin' Cheeky Tower" in accordance with that cornerstone counterblast to the decadent Church, "Father Ted".

Are you with me yay or nay.
Old July 22, 2003, 23:38   #471
Kody
Emperor

Yah she finally made it!!!

Name accepted and will be used next turn

Kody
Old July 22, 2003, 23:38   #472
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
We're rushing a former in the new city.
That will be the former that farms the nut bonus.
Yes that is the answer I'm looking for! (I should have thought about it myself though. Too much spamming may not be good for one's intelligence.)

Quote:
Choose a name for the new city. It needs to be a really good one because the new city will be a very important city of the Hive. It might become our headquarters, depends though.

Kody
I suggested before the B6 site can be Marshal's CMC headquater and the other costal base HongHu KongHu, the south site "Kody's Glory", and the one beside the Hive "Vev Enlightment Center". Now this very important new city, I did suggest it to be named after Jamski "Jamski Clovek" meaning defending the cavemen. I thought it fit pretty well but now since it is this important I'm not sure about it now ... Especially when Jamski is nowhere to be found ... Hmmm...

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 23:39   #473
Vev
King

Poll it! Poll it! Poll it!

My suggestion was to name bases after us. Anyway welcome aboard and visit "Hello" thread.
Old July 22, 2003, 23:42   #474
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Ali!!! I just PMed you and sent you an invitation to the Hello thread.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 23:44   #475
Snowflake
Princess

And looks like we cross posted too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 23:47   #476
Vev
King

It appears St. Voltaireburg is now know as Jamski Clovek, which is good because Voltairegrad and St. Voltaireburg is too similar. We can have a poll for the next city name.
Old July 22, 2003, 23:50   #477
Snowflake
Princess

When you visit the Hello thread, you can skipped the previous four and half pages. Those are not important.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 22, 2003, 23:51   #478
Vev
King

THEY ARE TOO!!!
Old July 22, 2003, 23:52   #479
Kody
Emperor

Can you remind me again next time it comes to name a base.

"Feckin' Cheeky Tower" for the B1 site.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...88#post2185088

Kody
Old July 25, 2003, 16:44   #480
Rokossovky
Prince

Location: Marshal of the Revolutionary Army of the Socialist People of the Human Hive
Alright, I've finally caught up. NO MORE MINES! We need growth to build colony pods. I personally suggest farms with solar collectors and road on rolling&moist squares. It provides 2 nutrient, 1 mineral, and 2 energy (depending on where it is). At this point in the game it is a great balance, growth, production, and ec. If we build mines we won't be able to take advantage of them (we need nutreints), whereas these farms are great. I personally suggest building this terraforming set on all squares with rolling&moist or better rainfall patterns. If there are no rocks though, forest is a good idea. Rocky squares, if they are flat wait until we can build boreholes, but if they are on a hill build mines. As for right now, when I play the first thing I do is go around and terraform all the rolling&moist squares, then the hill rocky, then the forest, and then the boreholes, and by that time i can begin to replace the forest with echelon mirrors and condensors. You guys might want to consider that.

Um, Kody and I talked about unit moves. I think we decided that we are going to move the northern scout onto the rocky square rather than the one north east of it as the rocky is a better defensive position, and if the scout went west it is closer to it. The southern rover is going to explore the channel, and the scout by the colony pod is going move to the new base once it's built until that base can build it's own defensive unit. The rover is going to try and watch both the scout if it moves west, and the transport (though we think the transport is going to move around and explore and really doesn't pose a threat). But yea.

- Rokossovky