Old May 21, 2003, 22:02   #31
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 18:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Ok then. I accept your nomination. Evildooers beware!

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 21, 2003, 22:16   #32
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 20:53
Excellent to see more interest in the Politburo. The more participation we have, the more united our front against the oppressive fascists. We must throw back the Germans. Onwards to Berlin!*

*Once, of course, we outnumber and outgun the fascists, as we inevitably will...
Old May 22, 2003, 00:56   #33
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

The traffic in these forums has been kind of heavy, making it hard for me to keep up - this "work" thing I do keeps getting in the way

Nonetheless, I have tried to provide counsel where I can. I will gladly serve the Motherland in this capacity, comrades.

(put me down for the EZRhino reduced workload )

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old May 22, 2003, 04:35   #34
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How can you ask for a reduced workload, when our soldiers are being KILLED for the Rodina? Some people just have to learn to set their priorities
Old May 22, 2003, 13:21   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 21:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
The traffic in these forums has been kind of heavy, making it hard for me to keep up - this "work" thing I do keeps getting in the way

Nonetheless, I have tried to provide counsel where I can. I will gladly serve the Motherland in this capacity, comrades.

(put me down for the EZRhino reduced workload )
OK just to clarify my interpretation of this is the Old Guy wants to run for Politburo and he nominated himself, so we are up to 10 I believe?
Old May 22, 2003, 14:15   #36
Bossy20000
Prince

When do we start with the elections? I don't think many other people will come, and if they do, we can always find something to do for them. I mean, in the Politburo, we will not be doing things that will be totally different from now, we only will do them in a more structured way (hopefully) and have political power. If nobody opposes, I think we should keep the election. If I forgot somebody or something, please correct me, but I think we should not have it pending for much longer, people might loose their appetite
Old May 22, 2003, 15:02   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
When do we start with the elections? I don't think many other people will come, and if they do, we can always find something to do for them. I mean, in the Politburo, we will not be doing things that will be totally different from now, we only will do them in a more structured way (hopefully) and have political power. If nobody opposes, I think we should keep the election. If I forgot somebody or something, please correct me, but I think we should not have it pending for much longer, people might loose their appetite
I believe this answers your question. And based on the time H posted that would put nominations at a close in about 5 hours. If someone comes later they will automatically be on the "Central Comitteee" as per my original proposal. Thats just a fancy name for people who want to watch and comment but dont want to do something on the Politburo.

'
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
I believe 4 days should be more than enough to get nominations in. However this is subject to change if I consult with the current STAVKA first
Old May 22, 2003, 23:41   #38
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 19:53
Just for your information, I am aiming to be Chief of NKVD, in particular.
Old May 23, 2003, 10:22   #39
Bossy20000
Prince

I think many of the nominees want to become Chief of the NKVD or something alike. We will have quite a struggle for that position. *starting to dig in* I think we should consider making a list of all possibilities, where people can mark what they want to be. That way, we know where there are still vacancies, and where we will need some sort of election. Or do we vote for a Secretary General, and have him decide who becomes head of which departement?
Old May 23, 2003, 10:32   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
I think many of the nominees want to become Chief of the NKVD or something alike. We will have quite a struggle for that position. *starting to dig in* I think we should consider making a list of all possibilities, where people can mark what they want to be. That way, we know where there are still vacancies, and where we will need some sort of election. Or do we vote for a Secretary General, and have him decide who becomes head of which departement?
First of all can we have elections first?

Second of all we can clog up a thread with requests or we can have everyone PM the New General Secretary with there requests and there schedule. That way he can balance the need against everyones available time.

For instance you are going to be very busy with Exams soon. Well you probabaly should not be the Economics or Armaments Minister. But you could be party ideaoligist. In amonth when you have more free time then maybe you can do something else.

I dont care either way but I think we should have elections then figure out how we are going to do this.
Old May 23, 2003, 10:38   #41
Bossy20000
Prince

I have exams indeed, but being VERY busy with it? I don't think so! I normally have more spare time during the exams then before!!! So, soon I will be here even more

I haven't decided yet what I want to do! I think I could combine the Party Ideologist thing with other stuff, for example vice secretary of defense, interior, commerce and industry!

Last edited by Bossy20000; June 3, 2003 at 09:04.
Old May 23, 2003, 12:01   #42
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:53
My exams are over Monday, after which I will be as useful as ever to serve Pravda and the People. Unless I'm booted out of the POLITBURO first, of course.
Old May 23, 2003, 12:12   #43
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
My exams are over Monday, after which I will be as useful as ever to serve Pravda and the People. Unless I'm booted out of the POLITBURO first, of course.
Only if your humor fails you comrade! Thats the only thing keeping you out of the Gulag right now!
Old May 23, 2003, 12:25   #44
Bossy20000
Prince

Old May 23, 2003, 13:36   #45
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:53
Well, I have offered jobs to correspondents, but in our Worker Paradise everyone seems to be fully employed.
Old May 23, 2003, 13:39   #46
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Comrade FiGu withdraws from the Politburo race, see the March turn thread for details.
Old May 23, 2003, 14:56   #47
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Tis unfortunate that we lose another comrade, but press on! Victory will come once we sacrifice ourselves fully. There is no good in the fascists! Comrade FiGu will not be forgotten! On to victory! Comrade Kanzlereisky for Secretary of the NKVD! We must not falter! Press on! Vote for Me!
Old May 23, 2003, 16:53   #48
Bossy20000
Prince

Hopefully we will meet comrade FiGu a lot as commander. Hopefully, the 2nd Ukranian front will be succesfull under his command. We send him all our best regards, and hope to hear about his victories very soon!

For the Rodina and the Party!
Old May 23, 2003, 17:04   #49
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Is Comrade Paul interested in Politburo?
Old May 23, 2003, 18:25   #50
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

figu is taking the spot in a very dangerous moment, good luck comrade
Old May 24, 2003, 17:56   #51
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

elections posted http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=87097