Old August 30, 2003, 09:48   #31
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
MY 2132 turn report
  • Pi Square builds rec commons. Aurora builds colony pod. Both bases switched to producing a supply crawler.
  • I contacted Roze. She demanded Cent:Ecol. I had the option to demand DocFlex in return. She refused. To Googlie: now we have an informal truce with Roze.
  • After that I contacted Miriam. She wanted IndAut. Again, I could demand DocFlex in return. She refused. So apparently, perhaps because we haven't got enough money, we can't get DocFlex from the two AI factions, but we can use it to put pressure on PEACE.
  • I partially hurried the Zetaris former for 4 credits.
  • For the rest I moved some units and formers.
  • Prime Function Mani Alpha-3 resigns with 28 credits in reserve, and an annual production of 13 ec, 22.8 labs and 30 minerals.
Presend save file link.
The passwords are "001010100011" and "experiment".

North screen
South screen
Old September 3, 2003, 19:12   #32
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:55
2133 Turn Report
Back to my old job
  • North Eastern scout discovered a mineral resources on rocky which is good news for our production.
  • Rover pops pod and gets another ogre
  • Everything moved, where production completed thus building nothing, a former, crawler or scout (for new base) was started, but can be changed (looking at Corellion for polls/orders).

2133 Presend Save File Link

Sorry, no pics this time, went all wrong, and little time to change them (it's late here). Will make sure I get paint working properly so can post them by next turn.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; September 3, 2003 at 19:32.
Old September 7, 2003, 13:24   #33
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

2134 Turn Report
A few things to mention first here. There was a slight problem with the ending of the turn. After the last unit was given orders, so that every unit had orders, the turn automatically ended. This is not too serious, as I changed a lot of the orders that needed changing before, however it does mean there is no presend save file and no screenshots I am sorry for this, and will endeavour to do that before the last order next time, just to check to see if it was a one of thing or a problem with my SMAX. I think the former, although I am not sure.
  • Crawler built in AP, sent to unworked energy resources to crawl - production set to another crawler.
  • All units moved as per orders given - no other build queues changed because of problem above.

As said in the Internal Affairs Office, can I please have orders for the two CPs currently moving SW and NE? Thank you

Sorry for the mistakes this turn, I do not think they are a recurring problem, but will be careful to change things before last order next turn.

Old September 14, 2003, 14:14   #34
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

• I simply executed the orders (accurately I hope ). So nothing else important to say, besides a few minor issues:
  • I switched a worker in Pi Square to the just planted forest.
  • As ordered I moved the AP crawler south. On its new location I ordered it to harvest minerals. The next turn player - Drogue most probably - should not forget to stop harvesting on that tile and move the crawler one tile south again.
  • 78 credits in reserve. 14 credits and 25.2 labs per year
  • I don't have time for screenies. If someone else is willing...
  • I switched the Logic Loop production to the PTS to fool the Hive into thinking we want the PTS, so they will try to rush the PTS instead of the HGP. I won't post the turn yet in the general forum, so if there's a majority to change production to something else, it can still be done.

Presend link:
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...135presend.zip

File for the Pirates. Just copy the url into the turn tracking thread if no changes need to be done.
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...-Peace2135.zip
Old September 19, 2003, 17:42   #35
Maniac

MY 2136 turn report
  • I executed the orders. I assumed (60.54) meant (70.54).
  • As per poll AP worker switched to doctor.
  • Zetaris former was left without orders. I moved it one tile east, planning to build a road next turn.
  • Upon founding "Mythical Matrix" I got a bureaucracy warning. The first citizen of the new base was a drone, so I had to turn it into a doctor. That situation should cease when the base garrison arrives next turn.
  • PEACE has met the Hive.
  • The Hive built the PTS and HGP.
  • 92 ec in reserve, 14 credits and 25.2 labs extra per year.
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...136presend.zip
Old September 25, 2003, 15:54   #36
Maniac

MY 2137 turn report
MY 2137 turn report
  • IIRC PEACE did a reload.
  • PEACE met the Drones. Hive started Virtual World and Command Nexus construction.
  • The Hive has seven size 3 bases and two size 4 bases.
  • The Angels would be willing to sell DocFlex to us for 100 credits.
  • I offered PEACE 75 credits. Please see the PEACE diplomatic exchanges thread for why.
  • Pi Square production set to supply crawler. Hopefully that can be changed to a gun foil or something when we get DocFlex.
  • Order for former (73.75) inexecutable due to zones of control. Moved to (75.75) instead of (74.74).
  • Pi Square crawler moving south. At the end of its moment I let it harvest minerals on the forest north of Apolyton Prime. To do so I switched an AP worker with as result one less nutrient for AP but two more minerals for Pi Square. Next turn's player should not forget to restore the old situation and move the crawler!
  • After founding Binary Bastion a drone appeared in DBTSverse Portal. I had to create a doctor to prevent riots. I took the nutrient worker off the fields. Now the base is losing one nutrient per year, but since the mineral square is still worked, the crawler will be produced in four turns so the nutrient square can be harvested well before the base's food reserves would be depleted.
  • Energy reserves 95 credits (I partially hurried the two formers so they're finished next turn), annual economic production 19 credits and annual research labs 27.6.
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...137presend.zip
Old September 29, 2003, 17:37   #37
Maniac

MY 2138 turn report
On DeathByTheSword's request I played the turn.
  • Dean Archaic did a reload.
  • I removed the 75 credits out of the CyCon-PEACE diplomacy box.
  • I bought DocFlex from the Angels.
  • I switched research to Doctrine: Iniative. Messing around with the energy allocations cannot speed up our research. We'll get the tech in four turns.
  • I used the EAF orders and my IAF orders proposal in the IAF thread. Knowing nothing better to do, I switched production in Mythical Matrix to a CP.
  • I get the impression there's a base on tile (78.50). First target for the first cruiser we build?
  • 16 credits in reserve, 19 credits and 27.6 labs per years. PEACE has a 50% higher mineral production than us.

Presend link MY 2138

Here is the turn for PEACE. I suggest someone downloads it and then uploads it himself, after which he posts the new turn link to the turn tracking thread.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:19   #38
Drogue
staff

2139 Turn Report
  • Executed orders as written, with the exception of changing production in Pi Square to a crawler, as that was what was leading in the poll, rather then what Corellion had ordered.
  • Some questions have arisen, which have been asked in the External and Internal Affairs Offices.
  • Had a look round at PEACE stuff. The usual treaty with Hive pact with us an Uni. They are building a cruiser probe They have very little defense
  • After this tech, we can switched to 40:0:60 and get research in 11 not 12 turns and 16 not 19 ec a turn, if people wish. Or go further and get 10 turns research with 9 ec per turn.

Here is the 2139 presend save file link. Will post PEACE's file just now.
Old October 7, 2003, 12:50   #39
Drogue
staff

2140 Turn Report
  • Orders carried out, with the exception of Corellion's order for Apolyton Prime to build a crawler, in direct contradiction to the poll. Is building a Former, seeing as I did not vote in the poll, it would have won 3-2.
  • Crawler built in Aurora had no orders, so has been sent SW down the road, to an unused forest to crawl minerals ATM, although may be changed to rush the MCC in Logic Loop.
  • Rover popped pod and found dimensional gate, is now far further east. Popped another pod to find mineral resources.
  • Scout popped pod and found another rover.
  • Rover popped pod and found 2 very small spore launchers and 3 very small MWs
  • Pre-accepted a 10ec gift to PEACE in the diplomacy box.
  • Checked PEACE information. They are no longer building a cruiser probe, however, they are building many crawlers. Could they be trying to rush the MCC, or another SP? They also have a CP in use, that may be coming near us, especially if they are suspicious.

Here is the 2140 presend save file link. Will now post PEACE's file to the Turn Tracking Thread.

Edited for bad link.

Last edited by Drogue; October 7, 2003 at 13:22.
Old October 12, 2003, 10:07   #40
Drogue
staff

2141 Turn Report
All done as ordered. Major developments warrented a new thread, and have been posted here.

Here is the 2141 presend save file link.

Old October 16, 2003, 11:38   #41
Drogue
staff

2142 Turn Report
  • Orders fulfilled as written except worker at AP not changed to nutrients, as that would mean taking an extra turn to get Non Math from Miriam.
  • SE Slider set to 80-0-20, as posted in the Internal Affairs Functions Office.
  • Rover moved next to the Drones scout. Have no orders for where it is to go.
  • Scout sent from Logic Loop to Zetaris (finally ).
  • Treaty and commlink exchange with Drones accepted.

And here's the 2142 presend save file link.

Last edited by Drogue; October 16, 2003 at 11:53.
Old October 23, 2003, 18:42   #42
Maniac

Err... sorry guys. I was in a hurry back then, so I forgot to make a presend save. I executed the orders, with two exceptions:
I didn't move the two formers around Logic Loop to the tile specified in Corellion's latest orders, as IIRC he had mentioned in the IAF thread that he agreed to build a forest instead. Also, though it wasn't at all in the orders, I changed Pi Square production to a 0-3-7 cruiser transport. By doing so, I hope to kick some activity in the discussions what we should build where, and when to infiltrate.

Oh yeah, the 2-1-8 cruiser discovered land while they sailed to DBTSverse Portal. The coast is completely fungal, and I could see the red marks of a base radius, as expected.
Old October 29, 2003, 18:30   #43
Maniac

MY 2144 Turn Report
Thanks for the remainder. I guess it's "just" the general inactivity that also strikes the ACPSG very severely.
  • There were no strict orders, so I improvized on many things.
  • I was forced to choose a new tech to research. Faced between the choice of EthCalc, PolySoft and Doc:Loy, I chose Ethical Calculus as we can trade or steal that elsewhere.
  • I set Boolean Bay production to another crawler. It can still be changed later. The just finished Boolean crawler started harvesting minerals.
  • I popped a Unity pod with our laser cruiser. 50 extra credits!
  • Pi Square production changed to Impact Cruiser.
Presend file MY 2144 link
The passwords are "experiment" and "001010100011".
Old November 8, 2003, 12:29   #44
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MY 2145
A pretty uneventful turn. Orders were followed to the letter, with the exception of one of my terraforming moves, which I realised was stupid.

The unity rover couldn't explore any more, so I started bringing it back to our territory.

Our laser cruiser explored as much as possible, but the only thing discovered was another island, as well as another base radius. There are a number of locations that have been landmarked with the letter B, is somebody planning future bases sites?

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Cor...145presend.SAV
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old November 22, 2003, 18:38   #45
Maniac

MY 2146 turn report
  • Orders executed. Nothing unexpected happened besides that.
  • The forest around Aurora is fully planted.
  • I sent the Laser Cruiser through the shallows to return to the western seas.
Presend turn
Old November 29, 2003, 11:22   #46
Maniac

MY 2147 turn report
As there was no response to my query whether there was interest in a turnchat, I already played most of the turn. The ideas proposed in the MY 2147 turnthread were executed. Things not mentioned there, or unexpected developments:
  • LL worker moved to the newly planted forest for one extra mineral per year.
  • I moved the eastern unity rover back. It ran into the drone scout patrol again... Should we send them a diplomatic communqiué telling them that we consider those lands our territory?
  • The laser cruiser explored a bit west to gain some more info on the western seas before sailing south to join the invasion force. At the end of its movement points it discovered new lands, with a Nautilus scout rover on the coasts... What should we do? Do nothing, or for example upgrade our laser cruiser right now to a 4-3-8 to make the ship more defensable against possible attack? It would of course tell PEACE what weapony we have... I'll wait a few hours with posting this turn in the general forum in case someone wants to comment on further actions to take.

Presend MY 2147
Old December 8, 2003, 16:28   #47
Maniac

MY 2148 turn report
MY 2148 turn report
  • See the orders thread for the normally executed orders.
  • The scout rover killed the mindworms in the east, thereby gaining an extra 20 credits for the war effort.
  • As Kody said in the VoyForum, the Hive turn player forgot to free up landmarks, so I couldn't claim any for us.
  • I managed to hide both our cruisers in a fungal patch. Hopefully the camouflage tactic will work.
  • I switched a worker in DBTSverse Portal from the sea mineral to the newly planted forest.
  • Just a little tidbit I discovered: there is kelp farm growing on the tiles (65.91), (63.89). PEACE ships in that area?
  • Due to the PUT's pop booming, we are now officially the smallest and least powerful faction on Chiron. It's about time to correct that situation...
  • 139 credits in reserve, 21 credits per year and 33.6 labs.
Presend MY 2148
Old December 18, 2003, 15:45   #48
Maniac

MY 2149 turn report
  • Orders executed.
  • Our scout patrol in Aurora survived attack by Alien Sealurk. 60% damaged!
  • I moved to (66.76) with the southern attack force transport (named it CCS Mammoth in the unit workshop as a temporary name). That way it is covered by fungus.
  • The spore launcher in the east was no longer visible, so I didn't move the rover. As a consequence it should be repaired to 80% health next year.
  • Road on (74.66) completed.
  • Alexandria's defence is a very green scout patrol (1-1-1) and a very green transport foil (0-1-3).
  • 153 credits in reserve, 21 new credits per year, 33.6 labs per year, 60 minerals in total per year.
MY 2149 presend
Old December 23, 2003, 22:57   #49
Maniac

MY 2150 Turn Report
  • Please see this post and the next one for this turn's orders.
  • I moved the eastern Unity rover down the river SW. It encountered a Believer Impact Rover. They contacted me, asked for HEC, I refused, some threats, end of conversation. That rover is blocking our passage to our homelands though. Any suggestion what we could do?
  • Apolyton Prime production changed to Plasma Garrison. This was agreed to on the chat channel.
  • The opening move of the war was made by eliminating the Party Boat at square (61.79). CCS Love Boat gained green morale. The Hive and PUT intervened on behalf of PEACE. I offered a pact to the Hive, and a Treaty to PUT.
  • The rover attacked Alexandria first and gained green morale. Then the marines, gaining disciplined morale. Then the probe infiltrated, and was safely returned to Boolean Bay. Finally the rover takes Alexandria, obtaining 9 credits. Gene Splicing was assimilated from the PEACE datalinks. Other choices were as expected ProgPsych, EthCalc and AdapEcon.
  • I'll have to check to be sure, but I think Binary Bastion got a b-drone as a consequence of capturing Alexandria.
  • I chose the option to scrap ALL Naval Yards in the Alexandria base screen and then got the message that there were two Naval Yards. Further investigation revealed there was one at Boolean Bay. How did it get there?? Some kind of bug after the probe returned to BB after infiltrating Alexandria?? Anyway, I scrapped it as well for another 40 credits , as letting it remain would cost us 2 energy per turn.
  • Alpha Pi followed the suggestion made in the chat channel and attacked not Tripoli, but Margarittaville, so it is out of range of the Tripolitan Party Boat. The attack was succesful with a morale upgrade to disciplined, but with 40% damage. On the other hand, the attack killed not only the garrison, but also the crawler and the probe defence in that base. A rather succesful attack I'd say. Unless they have a schooner nearby, or can rush in some defences by transport, this also means we can capture Margarittaville next year, which together with Tripoli would mean, we'd have captured their two most productive base in the first two years of the war.
  • PEACE is producing 90 minerals in total at the end of this year, however 32 are being produced by Tripoli and Margarittaville.
  • I created the landmarks "Or Gulf" and "And Straits". I also created four placeholders landmarks "gg", so no one can "steal" them from us before we decide on where to use them.
  • 245 credits in reserve, 22 credits per year, 34.8 labs per year, 64 minerals per year.
I'll post the definite save in the general forum turn tracking thread tomorrow, as now it's already very deep in the night for me. I have already uploaded the presend save though, so you can already have a look at the turn, and perhaps make suggestions for things I've forgotten to do and can still change tomorrow. If nothing is done wrong, one of you could always press "end turn" yourself, and post the turn in the general forum, thereby increasing our average turn playing speed. If you do so, don't forget to post our declaration of war as well as 3D Issue 5!

MY 2150 presend
Old January 3, 2004, 23:38   #50
Drogue
staff

2151 Turn Report
  • Order's executed, with the exceptions of:
    The scrapping of naval yards in Triplex, since there isn't one (did they destroy it?).
    The 16 hurry in Triplex, which due to an orders mess up (all rushes I did before we captured Triplex) wasn't done
    The CCS Beta Pi's movement, which I messed up, so instead of getting 2 MPs worth of extra map, we got one. It still finished on it's ending point, just didn't get as far out, due to a silly mistake on my part (not moving round the fungus )
  • CCS Love Boat now disciplined
  • Triplex captured, rover at 70% health (lost 10% on crawler and 20% on scout)
  • PEACE have 2 2-2-4 foils being prepared which will be ready next turn, and 1 more in 4 turns time

2151 Save File Link.

Old January 10, 2004, 22:48   #51
Drogue
staff

2152 Turn Report
  • Margaritaville (Megabyteville) captured
  • All orders inacted, with the exceptions of:
    1) Rover (95,55) move orders asked for it to be moved to (90,55). (90,55) doesn't exist, presume (90,56) was meant, but as suspected, with 1/3 MP left, it didn't make it.
    2) I did rush the crawler in And/Or Gate 15 mins. That gives us two exytrab turns with crawler, which will presumably mean a net result of 6 nuts extra, for a size 1 base. Combined with the extra mins we are further forward, and the fact that because of the extra ec, we should still get over 200 by next turn, made me think it a very worthwile deal. Checked with Lauri in chat and he agreed, so did it.
    3) I had a minor finger slip with the former orders, and moved the (76,66) former one square too far, instead of to (74,66) as ordered. It has been ordered to move back, but we lost a turn of former time I'm afraid
    4) The idiot that I am I forgot to change the new AP worker to a doctor I presume it got the B drone this time, and so will riot. I did IAF orders 1st, as always (in case the turn ends and things aren't done) but I had that with EAF orders and completely forgot Very sorry for that
    5) Didn't read the rehome order for CCS Alpha Pi until after moved out of Margaritaville. Sorry, I can't print atm, so go through orders one at a time to make sure. Sadly did the order before moving to the notes after
  • Changed to 50-0-50 SE settings, as ordered, since we will still tech in 2 turns, and we need the ec in case of a tech buy from Drones.
  • CCS Love Boat is now a 4-3-6 unit, and is 50% damaged after defeating the Barque.
  • CCS Beta Pi is 10% damaged after attacking Margaritaville. Attacked from our side of Margaritaville since it could reach it with exploring and because (more importantly) it keeps it out of range of sealurk channel foils, which is to be built soon (I thought next turn, but looks like 2 turns).
  • CCS Alpha Pi is 40% damaged after capturing Margaritaville and defeating the other Barque.
  • CCS Node Runner about 10% damaged (forgot to note down )
  • Scout patrol from Aurora automatically boarded the CCS Impaler, because it was "sleeping" not "holding". Have disembarked it and it takes 1 1/3 turns to get back, via the road. Has orders to do so. Other units embarked as wanted.

All in all a good turn, everything went pretty much to plan. Have looked at Drone dip and stuff, but nothing possible this turn. Stupid about the AP drone, but nothing else major went wrong.

2152 Save File Link.

Old January 18, 2004, 20:21   #52
Maniac

Midturn report MY 2153
Midturn save MY 2153

I can't say anything special has happened. Just all the things ordered by the IAF and EAF.

One thing though. That former near Mythical Matrix has removed fungus, and will probably only now start on a road. That means that, unlike what I expected, the bug that allows you to build roads on fungus doesn't work anymore. I gues they fixed that in some patch. Sorry for the wasted former time it took.
Old January 27, 2004, 21:58   #53
Maniac

Turn Report MY 2154
  • Orders can be found here (EAF) and here (IAF).
  • The Unity pod pop in the east resulted in a monolith => And/Or Gate production switched to formers.
  • The rover became commando and an impact marine green during the attack on Liar's Lair.
  • After the capture of Liar's Lair, there was a naval yard in that base which I scrapped. However there appeared no other yard in another base.
  • I switched production in Tassagrad, Casablanca and Lair from Boy Scout to Trance Scout (proposal of mine in the "What to do with the military?" thread. Don't worry, rec commoners, those base production can still be changed next year, so we have a full turn for discussing and polling the matter.
ACDG-CyCon2154presend.zip
The passwords are "experiment" and "001010100011".
Old February 1, 2004, 18:43   #54
Maniac

PUT Mid-turn report MY 2155
The save below contains a midturn PUT save with a few things already changed. Many more changes will be done depending on discussions, but I thought I'd better give an updated save already in the meanwhile.

PUT MY 2155 midturn
Note this is uploaded using the new upload feature MarkG is testing. So if you have any problem with downloading, please say so in the Prime Function's Office, so we can tell MarkG.

Changes and announcements until now:

I accepted SFF and AppPhys from CyCon. I switched research to DAP and changed energy allocations to 20-10-70.
I switched a librarian to a doctor in Cairns to counter drone riots.
I put a worker in Gold Coast to a borehole, which was being harvested for minerals by a crawler. Rather inefficient if you ask me.
As a consequence of these actions, we'll get DAP next turn unless the drones capture a base. I also offered CyCon Neural, EcoEng & EnvEcon pre-accepted.

The Drones attacked Gold Coast with a missile needlejet.

PEACE has obtained Nonlinear Mathematics. Don't know how though, as AFAIK the Hive and Drones don't have that tech. I guess they could have bought it from the AI, as PEACE has sold their energy bank and all their rec commons. They've hurried the CP in Calico Island with that.

Also, our dear Hivean pactmates have somehow acquired Doctrine: Initiative. I presume that must be by trading with PEACE. I wonder what PEACE got in return though, since AFAIK the Hive couldn't have been the one giving them NonlMath.

I moved a few crawlers around to make more efficient use of them. The only change that I think could be disputed are two crawlers that were each harvesting one nutrient. I changed them to harvest four energy and two minerals, much more lucrative. As a result though, Cairns is now having a nutrient shortage of 2 nuts. We still have three turns to find a solution for that, before the base would starve. It should be easily solved by some more crawler shuffling. I'll check it out.

Update: moved formers and probes around.

Update2: production hurried.

Last edited by Maniac; February 15, 2004 at 15:25.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:14   #55
Maniac

CC MY 2155 turn report
  • IAF actions based on this post and following discussions.
  • Following Impaler's and GeoModder's suggestion, CCS Love Boat popped the unity pod. An IoD merged. I couldn't capture it. Attack resulted in 90% damage and a morale upgrade to veteran. The ship can go directly back to the repair docks for a few years.
  • HEC and 205 credits sent to PUT.
  • CCS Mammoth with all four (so also the plasma garrison) units to (Henry) Morgan's Boat. First two attacks by the impact rover. 0% damage and on the second attack upgrade to elite. I then let it attack a third time and then it took 10% damage.
  • Plasma garrison captures HMB. Two credits assimilated. I can't scrap the naval yard in HMB, probably because PEACE scrapped the rec commons in their previous turn. Two doctors assigned, as one doctor wouldn't suffice to counter drone riots when the base would grow next turn. LL impact marine rehomed.
  • Units of CCS Impaler landed east of Little Accident. CCS Impaler sent to HMB.
  • No official orders and no comments on my midturn save of yesterday, so I acted out of my own initiative:
    AP crawler production hurried with 16 credits.
    Tassagradian impact cruiser and probe skimship sent northwards to Calico Island.
    Two remaining active impact marines in HMB attacked and destroyed two crawlers. One got 40% damage! The other a morale upgrade to discplined.

CyCon MY 2155 presend
Password "experiment".
I'll post the turn of PEACE in the turn tracking thread in a few hours, if there aren't any comments.
Old February 5, 2004, 11:30   #56
Drogue
staff

MY 2156 PUT turn report
  • New production orders: Caboolture: Missile Interceptor. Gardens Point: Aerospace Complex. Kelvin Grove: Command Center. Carseldine: Trance Plasma Garrison. All other (mostly mineral-poor) bases are producing crawlers, except Gold Coast and Cairns who continue with their current Tree Farm & Research Hospital construction.
  • I did a whole bunch of crawler and worker shifting to slightly increase our production.
  • Carseldine production hurried with 15 credits. Kelvin Grove production hurried with 46 credits.
  • Some shifting around of our defense units and probes.
  • Caboolture missile interceptor prototype hurried by cashing in two crawlers.
PUT MY 2156 presend
The password is "varsity".
Please post any comments in the Prime Function's Office. This thread is solely meant for official turn reports.
I'll post the turn for the Consciousness in the turn tracking thread tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Maniac; February 15, 2004 at 19:14.
Old February 16, 2004, 21:29   #57
Maniac

CyCon MY 2156 turn report
Events:
  • Centauri Empathy picked as next tech choice for the Consciousness. Sorry there was no poll about this. Read here for why.
  • The probe defence near Little Accident accidentally stole 8 credits from the PEACE energy reserves. They had drunk too many Xenobrews to notice the difference between "mind control" and "drain energy reserves". All those drinks upgraded their morale to hardened though.
  • The Planetary Energy Grid has been completed in Zetaris.
  • Energy allocations changed to 60% economy and 40% labs.
  • Energy bank at Triplex scrapped for 40 credits.
  • Little Accident attacked with Logic Loop Impact Marine. 20% damaged. Plasma garrison captures the base. 10 credits assimilated. No naval yard remaining in the base. Also a bit of the NW of Little Accident was revealed after the base capture. Could there be a PEACE vessel there?
  • Little Accident production temporarily set to trance scout. Plasma garrison rehomed to there.
  • I think Casablanca has been hit by an extra b-drone due to Little Accident conquest. Should check to be sure though. But no problem: there's a police unit present to quell the drones.
  • Doctor in Triplex switched to Technician.
  • Two workers moved around in Athena Anchorage and Casablanca to speed up base growth.
  • "CCS Impaler" unit design renamed to ""Impaler" Class Transport", as we're building a second unit of that type.
  • Temporary production switches as follows. Suggestions for changes are welcome. Guidelines for the current production orders are: increasing our production as without more minerals we can't support and build an army in the (hopefully near) future, making some units for aquaformation as half of our empire lies in the sea, and constructing rec commons in case we switch to Free Market in the near future. No military build-up yet in other words, but I figured some civic investments now would pay back very soon. In concreto, Aurora to sea former, Apolyton Prime to supply crawler, Zetaris, Casablanca and Thermal Tassagrad to rec commons, Athena Anchorage to "Impaler" Class Transport.
  • LL crawler moved to the nutrient bonus.
  • Damaged CCS Love Boat moving back to the Athena Anchorage Naval Yard.
  • Moved around some crawlers around Boolean Bay to prepare for the Neural Amplifier.
  • Former orders done.
  • Rover attacked crawler between Mega Reboot and Abort Retry Fail(ed).
  • Impact cruiser attacked Calico Island. That base will as a consequence riot next turn due to lack of police control.
  • I sent the probe skimship west in the general direction of the Hive/Angels.
  • ALL three citizens in Mega Reboot changed to doctors. Even two doctors would probably not be sufficient, as all police-capable units are shipped out of that base, and when the base shrinks next turn, one of the two doctors will die, and the remaining doctor would not suffice to turn the superred drone into a content worker.
  • Transport packed with military troops sent off to Liar's Lair, while killing some crawlers on the road. Due to all that crawler killing the rover has been reduced to 60% health though.
  • Hurry orders: Boolean Bay crawler for 26 credits. Logic Loop crawler for 3 credits.
  • Following these poll results, the impact cruiser in Thermal Tassagrad has moved two tiles north (after some patrolling in the west) so it is in attack range of Calico for next turn. As a consequence the boy scout near Megabyteville has moved back into that base instead of attacking the crawler.

Consciousness MY 2156 presend turn
The password is "experiment".
Please post any comments in the relevant official's thread.

Last edited by Maniac; February 18, 2004 at 14:38.
Old February 23, 2004, 15:00   #58
Maniac

PUT MY 2157 turn report
  • Caboolture now producing crawler, Kelvin Grove and Carseldine producing trance plasma garrison, Daintree and Longreach switched to colony pod production.
  • PEACE broke our pact with them.
  • Missile Interceptor moved to And/Or Gate. Though this should normally work, it's impossible here to transfer unit control to the Consciousness. Looks like CyCon will have to prototype needlejets themselves after all. Anyway, I have asked Googlie if he could check out a theory on what the problem could be.
  • Gardens Point aerospace complex hurried with 18 credits. Sunshine Coast supply crawler hurried with 8 credits. Gold Coast tree farm hurried with 18 credits. Leaves us with enough credits to upgrade some CyCon crawlers to Supply Mk9. Next year we'll finally be able to start with some serious rushing.
I'll end the PUT turn and post the CyCon turn in the main forum if no comments for changes in the next 24 hours. Hopefully I'll hear some news about the missile interceptor before that.
PUT MY 2157 presend
Please post any comments in the Prime Function's Office.

Last edited by Maniac; February 24, 2004 at 10:55.
Old February 24, 2004, 18:17   #59
Maniac

CyCon MY 2157 midturn report
  • Kelp expands near Future's Fulcrum. Forest expands near Freedman's Park. Triplex trains probe team. Logic Loop produces crawler. Mega Reboot starves. Boolean Bay produces a crawler, DBTSverse Portal a former, and And/Or Gate too a former. So far for the in-game messages.
  • Economy SE settings switched to Free Market. A whole bunch of worker and doctor reshuffling as a consequence.
  • Triplex production set to a probe team.
  • Boolean Bay production set to rec commons. Though that's only to misguide everyone who has infiltration on us. We'll switch that to the Neural Amplifier next year.
  • DBTSverse Portal supply crawler?
  • And/Or Gate temporarily set to a <6~>-3-2 Amphib SAM Missile Speeder (184 minerals, unprototyped). You never know we get free minerals from that pod that will be popped this year. If unsuccesful, I'll switch to a supply crawler if that's ok.
  • Naval Yard in Mega Reboot (fnally) scrapped for 40 credits.
  • Calico Island captured. 12 energy captured. Naval Yard scrapped for another 40 credits. One little problem though... I don't see the colony pod which I presumed would be somewhere on Yardarm Island. I rehomed the capturing cruiser to Calico. Since Calico's only citizen is a doctor, this means we can move the cruiser out of our territory.
  • Pamplona attacked and captured by CCS Mammoth and escorting cruiser. Mega Reboot impact marine upgraded to hardened in the process. 8 credits captured. Naval Yard scrapped for another 40 credits. Plasma garrison rehomed to Pamplona.
  • After capturing Pamplona there came an extra b-drone in Zetaris. Fortunately we just happen to be building a rec commons there so if we hurry it the drone problems are already solved.
  • After capturing Pamplona we became the wealthiest faction (546 credits) and the one with he largest territory.
  • Three crawlers near Boolean Bay upgraded to Supply Mk9. Move to the fourth next to BB.
  • Former between Pi Square and Apolyton Prime: moved to (70.66).
  • DBTSverse Former: moved one tile SW to start planting forest there.
  • Popped the pod north of And/Or Gate. A nutrient bonus was discovered.
  • Former in And/Or Gate: moved south to build a road.
  • Sent CCS Impaler to Liar's Lair, with the probe defence and one impact marine in it. The second marine was left behind to deal with the PEACE crawler.
  • Cashed in the crawler at Logic Loop, which is prototyping an impact interceptor.
  • Probe skimship moved to (36.42). Green Hivean 1-3-6 cutter discovered!!!
  • Cruiser (54.52) to (51.45).
  • Some hurry orders: Liar's rec commons for 36 credits. Zetaris rec commons for 42 credits. Pi Square crawler for 11 credits. Binary Bastion crawler for 34 credits.
  • Cruiser in Calico to (44.40).
  • Impact marine in Lair rehomed to that base.

CyCon MY 2157 presend save
The password is "experiment".

Last edited by Maniac; February 25, 2004 at 21:06.
Old March 1, 2004, 18:02   #60
Maniac

PUT MY 2158 turn report
  • First thing I got when I opened the turn was a request for communication with Miriam. She asked me to join the war against the Drones as buster had ruthlessly attacked her bases - we could use this in the Planetary Council btw. I refused - we can always contact her later if we want to declare war against the Drones. After that she asked DAP. I refused too. Then she went on a bit on how bad democracy is, but she left it at that, and after some bye-bye's I closed the commlink. Could someone please open the turn and accept her request for a war against the Drones btw? Using the MY 2157 presend I discovered that Triplex and Logic Loop would riot due to a decrease in commerce and psych if we declared war against the Hive-Drones (or they on us), and I'd like to check if we wouldn't get the same problem with PUT.
  • In-game messages: forest expands near Assembly Hall, Gardens Point build aerospace complex, Kelvin Grove trance plasma garrison, Gold Coast tree farm, Sunshine Coast supply crawler.
  • Drones start production on the Cyborg Factory.
  • Gardens Point starts production of Missile Needlejet, Kelvin Grove trance plasma garrison, Sunshine Coast aerospace complex (?), Gold Coast, Cape York and Townsville formers.
  • Unity foil to (90.34). Scout landed on shore.
  • Formers (78.46) & (83.35) build road. Former (82.32) plants forest. Formers (75.31) build mine. Former (76.40) starts planting forest. Former (81.39) starts building road. Former in Gardens Point sent to assist it. Formers on (75.31) spread around for various sensor array and road building duties.
  • Sea formers start constructing a tidal harness.
  • Some worker and crawler movements done.
  • Some military units moved around.
  • Hurry orders: Daintree CP 13 credits. Carseldine 1-3t-1 13 credits. Gardens Point needlejet 4 credits. Cairns hospital 56 credits.
  • Moved the missile interceptor to Apolyton Prime.
PUT MY 2158 presend save

Last edited by Maniac; March 2, 2004 at 14:41.