Old May 19, 2003, 23:31   #1
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 21:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Stoopid Ensign.
This afternoon the only two people in 32nd St Naval Station's were myself, and a GSM3 (E-4). Phone rings.

It was my roommate, a FC3 (E4), "Hey Bucher, they'll be an Ensign S0-and-so along shortly, play along.

"Uhm, okay."

Sure enough, an Boot Ensign walked in. Nothing on his chest except for the warm body ribbon everyong has.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes Seaman, I'm looking for a battery for a sound-powered Telephone."

Long silence.

GSM3 (E-4 with me) says "I beg your pardon Sir?

Ensign repeats. "A FC3 over at the Firecontrol School supply office sent me here."

Me: "Well sir, We'll all out of batteries for sound-powered phones. I think the Shiloh has some, they're at Pier one."

Ensign leaves for Shiloh.

45 minutes later....

"You think this is F--king funny? I'm going to write all of you up!"

"Go ahead sir, the Capitain will laugh at you."

He wrote ALL of us up, went to his CO, who asked why on Earth he thought a *sound-powered* telephone would have batteries.

Dumbass.

Our best and brightest at work.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:34   #2
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 20:57
It's not totally stupid. Gas-powered cars still need batteries.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old May 19, 2003, 23:35   #3
Tuberski

Good to see somethings haven't changed!!!!

Wait until they send somebody for a bucket of steam.

Are you on a ship?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 19, 2003, 23:37   #4
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Yes, it is totally stupid.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:39   #5
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Not to make gas they don't.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 19, 2003, 23:52   #6
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The battery was to warm up the telephone's handset. Obviously!
Old May 19, 2003, 23:52   #7
Lonestar
inmate
King

I'm waiting for the Bunker Hill to come in.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:55   #8
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
The battery was to warm up the telephone's handset. Obviously!
A soundpowered Telephone is exactly what it sounds like. There is no need for batteries.
Old May 20, 2003, 00:50   #9
Timexwatch
King

Hehehe.

I did something like that last summer to one of the kids who worked for me. He was a complete stoner, so I decided to give him some ****.

I had him go to each of the bars withing walking distance to ask for a "Bottle Stretcher". Needless to say, his parents called to file a complaint with the boss
Old May 20, 2003, 01:25   #10
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
Re: Stoopid Ensign.
I've heard and done variations of this joke (In the air force ya tell the guy to get a bucket of propwash) so I was thinking same-old, same-old until I read this:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
He wrote ALL of us up, went to his CO, who asked why on Earth he thought a *sound-powered* telephone would have batteries.
That's friggen unbelieveable
He wrote all of you up!!!

What a twit.
Old May 20, 2003, 03:35   #11
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 02:57
Did the Ensingn have his sense of humour removed along with his intelligence
Old May 20, 2003, 06:43   #12
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

You know what's really sad? If there are dumbasses like that in America's military, how dumb must other militaries be if we're the best.
Old May 20, 2003, 06:51   #13
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
You know what's really sad? If there are dumbasses like that in America's military, how dumb must other militaries be if we're the best.
The US have the best equipment, personnel is another matter.

Anyway don't most Junior officers go through a phase of thinking they are really important until someone points out ther're not
Old May 20, 2003, 08:04   #14
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
Soldiers don't fight with intelligence. American is the best because they're the stupidest.
Old May 20, 2003, 08:46   #15
Lincoln
King

Local Time: 01:57
In the submarine service we had another way of treating ensigns (who were not qualified in subs):

Captain: The reason I called you together this morning is to introduce Ensign Le Blank. I expected him to be treated with the full dignity and respect that the US Navy affords to a regular line officer and one of America's finest -- Throw him over the side!

Then we got to throw him over the side but we always took his hat so it wouldn't get wet. Then when he was struggling in the water we would throw it to him. This was always great fun.
Old May 20, 2003, 17:19   #16
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Soldiers don't fight with intelligence. American is the best because they're the stupidest.
I'm in Naval Intelligence.
Old May 20, 2003, 17:23   #17
Tuberski

Quote:

I'm in Naval Intelligence.
Don't help him please.

ACK!
Old May 20, 2003, 17:26   #18
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

Don't help him please.

ACK!
You're just jealous because I get to act all secretive but it turns out I'm just lounging around all day playing Diablo II.
Old May 20, 2003, 17:29   #19
Tuberski

Quote:

You're just jealous because I get to act all secretive but it turns out I'm just lounging around all day playing Diablo II.
I know very well what a crypto tech does.

Are you on a ship or a shore command?

ACK!
Old May 20, 2003, 17:36   #20
Lonestar
inmate
King

Like I said, I'm working at the "1st Lieutenant" (read: Pick up trash around base) while waiting for the Bunker Hill to pull in. I'm a CTMSN, although I'll be putting on a crow in a month.
Old May 20, 2003, 17:41   #21
Tuberski

Quote:
Like I said, I'm working at the "1st Lieutenant" (read: Pick up trash around base) while waiting for the Bunker Hill to pull in. I'm a CTMSN, although I'll be putting on a crow in a month.
Excellent, I never had to do the 1st. Lieutenant stuff luckily.

You will get to your ship and go Mess cranking shortly.

That is my prediction.

Wish I was there to "tack on" the crow when you get it.

ACK!
Old May 20, 2003, 17:44   #22
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Excellent, I never had to do the 1st. Lieutenant stuff luckily.

You will get to your ship and go Mess cranking shortly.

That is my prediction.

Wish I was there to "tack on" the crow when you get it.

ACK!

Yeah, I get that a lot.
Old May 25, 2003, 12:07   #23
Midshipman
King

Ahh, to be a CT

Must be nicenot having to do any work. However, US Aircrewmen that fly 53's, now there a job. You try moving a hundred thousand punds of cargo to a carrier in one day.

At least I get to go home soon.

BTW, I am going to be an officer soon. STA-21 But I dont think anyone is going to get me with those ricks, such as:

Lightbulbs for the brightworks
10 Feet of Gig Line
Padeye Removers for flightline padeyes
Ignition Keys for the helicopters

Did you make third on the test? I missed second by .15 Stupid quotas
But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker
Old May 25, 2003, 13:33   #24
Myrddin
Warlord

But you will go and get a 'Long weight' when asked
Old May 25, 2003, 13:46   #25
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

My buddy in the Air Farce used to tell me stories like that all the time. Apparently there were a bunch of extra shoes lying around in one room, and his duty commander told him to put them in a box and take them to the trash. As he was walking past the COs office, he asked what my friend was doing, so he said he was collecting shoes for orphans. So his CO gave him some shoes.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old May 25, 2003, 15:15   #26
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Midshipman
Ahh, to be a CT

Must be nicenot having to do any work. However, US Aircrewmen that fly 53's, now there a job. You try moving a hundred thousand punds of cargo to a carrier in one day.

At least I get to go home soon.

BTW, I am going to be an officer soon. STA-21 But I dont think anyone is going to get me with those ricks, such as:

Lightbulbs for the brightworks
10 Feet of Gig Line
Padeye Removers for flightline padeyes
Ignition Keys for the helicopters

Did you make third on the test? I missed second by .15 Stupid quotas
Hush, you airdale.

CTM's get pushbutton 3rds after time in rate.
Old May 26, 2003, 11:54   #27
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:57
Lonestar, we need a new key to lock in vacuum. Write a chit up for the Chop to sign.
Old May 26, 2003, 16:58   #28
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
Lonestar, we need a new key to lock in vacuum. Write a chit up for the Chop to sign.
Somehow I suspect you have an ulterior motive.
Old May 26, 2003, 17:13   #29
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
You will need an ID-10-T form for that......

ACK!
Old May 26, 2003, 17:23   #30
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

You will need an ID-10-T form for that......

ACK!

Yeah, we had those in A School...