Peace Haven 0 0%
Port Peace 2 28.57%
Tripoli 2 28.57%
Abstain 0 0%
Xenobanana 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 22, 2003, 08:42   #1
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 03:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Official poll:HQ Base name
There have been five suggestions. One vote each please. Abstain and Xenobanana option also included.
Old May 22, 2003, 12:17   #2
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Local Time: 02:08
Fall Tripoli, Fall!

Hahahahaha!

PS: Who is the "genious" who suggested "Xenobanana." I beleive nerve stapling is in good order.
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old May 22, 2003, 13:00   #3
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 21:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cap'n my parrot jumped on my mouse and clicked for me : I meant to hit PEACE Haven....*gives parrot evil look* so disregard the CA vote
Old May 22, 2003, 19:42   #4
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Atlantian
PS: Who is the "genious" who suggested "Xenobanana." I beleive nerve stapling is in good order.

There's actually a thread about that in the Community forums...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 24, 2003, 08:00   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Guess we need a new poll. What I propose is a multi poll that will allow us each 2 votes in each section.

The poll would cover HQ name (the three tied above), News media name and Cap'n Anon name.

If I can't get three in the one poll well then I 'll do two polls, unless there is a clear winner in the threads.
Old May 24, 2003, 16:15   #6
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 21:08
We could always just change the name of the capital every so often, like when a new 'watch' starts, they could change the name(s) if they felt like it - it would give everyone a chance to have a name they liked once in a while. We'll probably settle in on one or two eventually anyway. We could do the same with Cap'n Barbaroosa / Black Bart / Cap'n Ahab too. That way, if we talk about their names in any of the public forums, the other players might get confused. We could even rename regular bases from time to time - all those messages 'Kelp, Forest, Fungus grows at ...' would have many different names attached to them; if any of our opponents are compulsively keeping track off all the names, they would think we had a lot more bases than we did. Maki could reuse portions of her maps, only with some different names in the Shipping News to 'gin' up extra confusion. Of course, while we are sowing confusion, we should throw out a batch of actual info once in a while too.
Old May 24, 2003, 17:08   #7
Hercules
Deity

Interesting proposal Cap'n BB. Didn't realise you had such an anarchic side to you, though you had hinted at it earlier.

I suppose as long as some of us keep track of changes. We still do need a degree of co-ordination somewhere along the line as we grow.

And pirate members do need a role, beyond clan leaders. FlameFlash is interested in Diplomacy, but there's other pirate posts of seniority.

Anyhow open to further views so lets have them.

A new player, the charmingly named The PlagueRat has indicated he wishes to join our faction. So he will be joining us as soon as he forwards his email address.
Old May 26, 2003, 10:17   #8
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Too bad I came here late, or I would have voted Xenobanana!
Old May 27, 2003, 14:01   #9
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Interesting proposal Cap'n BB. Didn't realise you had such an anarchic side to you, though you had hinted at it earlier.

I suppose as long as some of us keep track of changes. We still do need a degree of co-ordination somewhere along the line as we grow.
Really do have to make sure they're kept track of if we follow that route... I'd prefer not, but it'll be up to the majority.

Quote:
And pirate members do need a role, beyond clan leaders. FlameFlash is interested in Diplomacy, but there's other pirate posts of seniority.
And there should be more of a fight for all of them! I'm also interested in military tactics: Air Combat once that becomes available.

Quote:
Anyhow open to further views so lets have them.

A new player, the charmingly named The PlagueRat has indicated he wishes to join our faction. So he will be joining us as soon as he forwards his email address.
Glad he's aboard now... hope to see that new poll up soon.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 27, 2003, 17:27   #10
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:08

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003 at 11:11.