Local Date: November 1, 2010
Xbox sux.
Old May 25, 2003, 03:47   #32
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 18:13
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Asher, the champion of Microsoft returns, lol. The Xbox is waaay better than the other two systems, but at least half the games that Asher mentioned I think are absolute crap (namely any Star Wars game, Project Gotham, and any DOA game). The other games though... Halo 2 is going to be twice as good as any game that could ever be made for the PS2 or GameCube.

However, I pretty much think that 95% of all games are crap, so the Xbox is doing pretty well. Many people gave Metroid Prime the game of the year and quite frankly, that game sucks. Seriously, a FPS where you can't strafe. How dumb is that?

XBox rules
Old May 25, 2003, 03:52   #33
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 20:13
Bioware is doing KOTOR...I doubt it'll be "absolute crap".

I also think that the MSR/Project Gotham series is awesome, it's a mix of Tony Hawk and a racing game. Right up my alley, really.

And DOA is DOA. DOA3 isn't the best fighter of all time, but it's still damn good. And DOA Online will be incredibly kickass because it's DOA2 rendered with the DOA3 engine, and DOA3, online!
Old May 25, 2003, 03:54   #34
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Since when has Asher been promoting Xbox? I thought he would wait for a console that he could run his Win XP on.
Old May 25, 2003, 03:58   #35
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 20:13
Xbox runs Windows 2000.
Old May 25, 2003, 06:13   #36
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:13
the ps2 is the best console out right now, if microsoft continues to create gaming consoles than it is the future. If not then i think we're going to see the ps3 dominating the next half decade. As far as nintendo is concerned, it died at the creation of N64, that was the crappiest system Ive ever had the displeasure of playing. The Sega Saturn had better games than it
Old May 25, 2003, 10:11   #37
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 21:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
This is an Xbox thread,
Fair point. I was going to take issie with the once in a blue moon comment but decided against it.

Quote:
If not then i think we're going to see the ps3 dominating the next half decade.
Stop it you're killing me!
Old May 25, 2003, 18:05   #38
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Asher! you bastard! you left out my favorite game!!!!

And its even coming out with multiplay support... you added DOA4 into the list over this!!!???????

Old May 25, 2003, 18:07   #39
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Sucker.
Dude.....
Import copy = $80
Arcade stick = $60
PS2 Modchip = $120

Beating the crap out of all the people in university that I know that plays this game cause I had an unfair advantage of owning the game for 5 months earlier = Priceless

and Im also getting gamecube.... for a game I have for PS2 and will be having for xbox...

Yup Im getting all 3 versions. Someone shoot me before I trule go insane muhahahahaha!~
Old May 25, 2003, 22:15   #40
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

I like Soul Calibur 2 but not that much.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old May 26, 2003, 00:16   #41
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 22:13
Soul Calibur 2 better come out before I move to Japan. I'll be pretty pissed off if I end up having to import a US version after all this time.
Old May 26, 2003, 19:20   #42
Zero
King

August 27 2003.

Quote:
I like Soul Calibur 2 but not that much.
if u think about it the 200 dollars I spent on modding and getting an arcade stick doesnt only apply to playing SC2, so its not that bad.
Old May 27, 2003, 08:43   #43
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Quote:
I've got an xbox console and I can't find any good games for it. I prefer the RPG and xbox seems to hold this genre in some disdain.
Then the question remains, why did you get the xbox in the first place?
It was a gift. I'd have rather gotten a PS2 but I couldn't take it back. I got a lemon and it broke down on me so I used my warranty to take it back. I was right in the middle of Morrowind and, in utter shame, used the money I got from the warranty to buy another xbox. To make matters worse, my game disk for Morrowind is damaged so I can't even finish the game I was playing.

I should have gotten a PS2 but I have a knack for picking losers. Anybody remember the Atari 5200 or the TurboGraphics 16?
Old May 27, 2003, 10:11   #44
Cookie Monster
King

PS2 rules!!!

If you want RPG, racing games, console type FPS's, and anything by KOEI games (www.koeigames.com) then PS2 is the way to go baby!!!!

Now I don't own an xbox or have even spent any decent time with one so to be fair I will not pass judgement on xbox. I do know however that I will not give bill gates any more money though!
Old May 27, 2003, 10:12   #45
Cookie Monster
King

whoops,

forgot to mention that GTA3:VC is for PS2 only. "I'm not responsible for my actions."
Old May 27, 2003, 14:00   #46
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Harry, you might be surprised to hear this, but I'm guessing your Morrowind disc isn't broken at all. That game has a serious, serious bug on the Xbox that causes the game to start giving dirty disc errors when your save file becomes too large. The problem has to do with Morrowind not correctly using the Xbox cache (i.e. some stuff isn't cleared when it thinks it is). Pretty soon the cache overflows and when that happens, the system gives a dirty disc error.

The only way I know of to avoid this is to save and reset the Xbox all the time. Annoying, but it will let you play.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:09   #47
Harry Seldon
King

I've heard that but I can't open maps, save my game, or walk more than twenty minutes without it freezing. This is right at load without saving (unless it freezes during the first save). Very disappointing. In a marvelous display of maturity after the game froze up after one glorious hour without saving once, I whipped my disk into my living room wall with some fantastic expletive combos. It's pretty scratched up now and I haven't played it since. I may borrow my brother's copy; he hasn't had nearly as many problems as I've had and he bought his disk much later than I did.

Also, another reason I mentioned the bad disc was I had a friend that bought a basketball game that wouldn't play correctly. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with the game disc itself but after he traded it in for another copy it played flawlessly.
Old May 28, 2003, 00:45   #48
Nostromo
Emperor

Local Time: 22:13
Bethesda as annouced Morrowind GOTY edition for the Xbox. It will include the original game plus the two expansion packs: Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Lets hope they'll fix a bug or two...
Old May 28, 2003, 01:13   #49
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
Now I don't own an xbox or have even spent any decent time with one so to be fair I will not pass judgement on xbox. I do know however that I will not give bill gates any more money though!
Don't worry. Microsoft is actually losing around $100 for every Xbox they sell .
Old May 28, 2003, 04:37   #50
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:13
But to get any enjoyment from it, you will need to buy games...
Old May 28, 2003, 13:18   #51
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

True, but I actually get ALL my games for free. The local game crazy store gives away tons of credits for game tournaments on whatever every week or two. So far I've got 4 games, an Xbox, a live kit, a second controller, and I still have credit
Old May 28, 2003, 14:08   #52
Harry Seldon
King

Good gravy! Where do you live?!?
Old May 28, 2003, 14:22   #53
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Arizona. Game Crazy is part of Hollywood Video. AFAIK, all stores are allowed to hold a tournament at least once a month. Prizes are 30 to 10 dollars in credit. Some of the tournaments previously have been sponsored by microsoft, so the winner gets a free game or something then. I picked up Halo and Rallisport that way. And the beauty here is, not many people know about it, so competition is easy.