Old May 25, 2003, 00:35   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Mini-Game FUN! :D
We need a mini-game

Heres my proposal. Please post in this thread. Its very important. We must be glorious. Please. Thanks. I love you

Its quite simple. Everyone gets 10 Energy Credits and invest it in a makeup capitalistic company.

Capitalist?! How dare I say such a thing! However, there is an eduational purpose....It will teach us how to feel greed and how to fight it!

Continuing on....Everyone is free to make up a company. Well, these companies will be displayed in an official thread and will have the founders name by it (Example: TASSADAR INDUSTRIES, TSDR, TASSADAR. COMPUTERS UNLIMITED, UPUU, FRANKYCHAN, etc). Expect I wont be elidgable to play. Unless someone else is chosen to be the gamemaster.
Anyway, the advantage is that if you INVEST in a company ins tead of creating one, you get slightly more money. If a company has two investors (FOUNDER and a regular investor), then instead of them getting z amount of ECs, you get z*1.5 ECs. If there are three investors, it goes up to z*2 ECs. For four, its z*2.5 ECs. So theres a possible scenario (Note: Your results may vary. If this idea is accepted, that is):

Quote:
(Today, two companies are founded and one of them gets an investor)
JAMSKI founds HIVE INDUSTRIES. (HI) Remaining balance: 0EC
GOOGLIE FOUNDS THE GOOGLIAN CORPERATION (TGC). Remaining balance: 0EC
FRANKYCHAN invests 10 ENERGY CREDITS into TGC.
GAME BEGINS.

---DAY 1---(And the profits begin to come in!)
HIVE INDUSTRIES has found a mine deposit and makes generous gains! +10 ECs.

GOOGLIAN CORP has found a mine deposit and makes generous gains! +10*1.5 TO EACH INVESTOR!!!! (AKA, each investor gets 15 ECs. Without it, each would only get ten.)

---DAY 2---(The Boom continues!)
HIVE INDUSTRIES has no news to report. +2 ECs to each investor.

GOOGLIAN CORP has no news to report. +2*1.5 (AKA, 3 ECs per investor).

---DAY 3---(And now the downside of investing is shown!!!)
HIVE INDUSTRIES has caught GOOGLIAN CORP in an espionage scandal and has a market RALLY!!!! +30 ECs!!!!

GOOGLIAN CORP has been caught in an espionage scandal. Though its creator denies any involvement, its sent PLUMMETING!!! -10*1.5 LOSSES TO EACH INVESTOR!!!! (AKA, everyone loses 15 ECs).
When a company is founded, it has a NET WORTH 3 times its the amount intially invested. So a company that starts with 10 ECs is worth 30 ECs. Then for each additional investor comes half of the investors worth (ALL THEIR ECs divided by 2). If a company goes into debt....It better do something about it If its net worth goes down to 0, it dies.
Which is why its a very good strategy to become rich, invest in a rival company, and then when their about to soar above you.....pull out completly, because then their NET WORTH goes down AND it causes them to automatically take a dive that can last several days. While it probably wouldn't destroy the company, it would SERIOUSLY damage them And if enough players got together......They could bring down a company.

At first this was going to be a hive only game, but I thought that expanded populations (even by a LITTLE bit ) could help out a lot more. A lot of kinks do need to be ironed out, but....what do you think?

I'll post another, more realistic example scenario soon.

Edit:
Quote:
(ALL THEIR ECs divided by 2).
Maybe it should be all ECs they have invested? Divided by two? EDIT2: Or maybe MULTIPLIED by 2, which would make investors that much more important......

Last edited by Nubclear; May 25, 2003 at 00:44.
Old May 25, 2003, 00:38   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Re: Mini-Game FUN! :D
Oh yes, a few more instructions. For now, it would be simply to attain more ECs and prestiege, but in the future it might be able to be CASHED IN for something special But I dont want to go that far.

Also, I noticed I didnt explain how any of this happens. Of course, theres a GAME MASTER who creates all the random events Or we could use some abstract roll of the dice thing, OR we could RP it.....Most of this game would require RPing which is why i created it

ALSO....If anyone has comments, suggestions, or ideas for this game or any, just post
Old May 25, 2003, 01:25   #3
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sounds like an interesting idea, though Comrade Chairman Voltaire may not like your continuing evil capitalistic tendancies.
Old May 25, 2003, 01:28   #4
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Sounds like an interesting idea, though Comrade Chairman Voltaire may not like your continuing evil capitalistic tendancies.
But I have explained! It is for EDUCATIONAL purposes I would never intentionally unleash capitalism upon the world with no reason
Old May 25, 2003, 03:24   #5
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

But I have explained! It is for EDUCATIONAL purposes I would never intentionally unleash capitalism upon the world with no reason
As the Hive's Minister of Scientific Knowledge, I fully endorse Comrade Tassadar's experiment to show the evils of capitalism.

As such, I'm forming "Static Universal Widgets" as the first company in the simulation.

We are currently seeking capitalist dogs and aging widows to invest their 10 energy credits with us.
Old May 25, 2003, 06:16   #6
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i am probably in...you have to be a perfect entity without emotions to rule a company.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 25, 2003, 08:11   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Jamski's Hive Industries starts putting Drones to work in the ore mines at a cost of 10ec

Hive Industries :
Site Manager : Jamski (with 0ec in cash)
Value : 30ec
Investors : None(and not officially open to investment as HI is state owned)
SimCompany Type : Industrial (mining)

That OK Tass?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:16   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:17
Don't want to spoil the fun, but I suggest you move this to off-topic.
Old May 25, 2003, 15:08   #9
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Don't want to spoil the fun, but I suggest you move this to off-topic.
It's a MINI GAME, only avaible to those int he ACDG
Old May 26, 2003, 01:49   #10
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:17
I want to invest my own company.

Vev Glorious Nerve Stapler (for the police)
Old May 26, 2003, 03:19   #11
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 03:17
Micha´s School of Nerve-stapling (M-SON)
Site Manager: Micha
networth: 30 ec
cash stocks: 0 ec
Investors: --none--

"Annoyed with lasting damages after your annual nerve-stapling? Who cares?
WE CARE! M-SON teaches how to staple right and provides professionals!
If you sign up now, you´ll get a set of thumbscrews for free!"
Old May 26, 2003, 05:48   #12
Haon
ACDG The Human HiveMacAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Comrade Haon's State Run Company

Name: Haon Electric (HE)
Slogan: HE, we bring good things to light!
Manager: Haon (with 0ec in cash)
Value: 30ec
Investors: None(and not officially open to investment as HE is state owned)
Company Type : Power and Energy Supply.
HQ: The Hive
Old May 26, 2003, 15:03   #13
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 21:17
/me is amused to see that the Hiverians seem to be the most enthusiastic participants in the capitalist experiment.

/me quickly invests in Jamski's company.
Old May 26, 2003, 15:14   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Its kind of a novelty for us

-Jam
Old May 26, 2003, 15:17   #15
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 21:17

Get in touch with your inner capitalist pig
Old May 28, 2003, 00:21   #16
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 28, 2003, 05:39   #17
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
* Cedayon is amused to see that the Hiverians seem to be the most enthusiastic participants in the capitalist experiment.

It's merely an experiment to show how quickly capitalism can make an individual evil.

Quote:
* Cedayon quickly invests in Jamski's company.

I have to drive Jamski out of business. He's sucking up all the investment money.
Old May 28, 2003, 06:07   #18
Jamski
Deity

I've just re-invested my profits in your company, you silly

-Jam
Old May 28, 2003, 06:35   #19
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I've just re-invested my profits in your company, you silly

-Jam
Now he's trying to do a hostile takeover my company!?!?!
Old May 28, 2003, 06:41   #20
Jamski
Deity

I only have 50% of the stock - at the moment.

-Jam
Old May 28, 2003, 07:20   #21
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I only have 50% of the stock - at the moment.

-Jam
I need a rules clarification. Something about this seems very unfair.

But that's capitalism for you, I guess.